General Thread:Grav3yardGirl Part 12

ahsas94
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Thread:Grav3yardGirl Part 12

Post by ahsas94 »

LiddlePallid wrote:You're not alone! A lot of us watched her from the beginning and still can't quite pinpoint where she switched over - I think it was a gradual thing. She just slowly went deeper into the character lol
I know right! I guess it all started when she start doing the "does this thing really works" videos. Maybe she realized if she messes up with the things she's working on, people will think she's funny, and her videos will get shared everywhere. So she's doing these for the views, just like what all of us have said many times before. And then she realized that she will get more views if she's doing kid stuffs rather than makeup/fashion stuffs.

If you see her on Marzia's vlog when she's visiting Bunny you can hear her old self. You know, the way she used to talk. She also looks down to earth in that video. I was surprised when hearing her talk there.

Ophealiac_
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Ophealiac_ »

Tbh I don't really see the big deal with her teeth. Yeah, they're a bit grim looking (her messing about with the colour contrast in her videos probably doesn't help with imo) but as long as they're not causing any long term medical issues or stopping her from chewing/eating properly, they don't really need to be fixed? I can totally understand not wanting to get braces if it's purely for aesthetic reasons (they're ugly, painful and can take ages to do their job if your dentist is as incompetent as mine) and their not exactly cheap (even though that's not really an issue with her). Plus, if she's comfortable with them then leave her to it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

justausername
Informer
Informer

Post by justausername »

has anyone noticed the comments people make saying shes changed, because shes actually happy now and was depressed in the past? am i the only one that could tell that she seemed happier being herself (how she was originally)? And now she seems miserable. I know thats a big word, but she seems so unhappy and desperate to please her younger viewers. She seems almost sick, i dont know if its physically or mentally. It makes me sad, because shes such a pretty girl, and she doesnt seem like a bad person. I could be wrong, but im pretty good at being able to guess how people are feeling in real life.

popofglitter
Learner
Learner

Post by popofglitter »

Bunny has said before that her teeth are discolored like that because of a certain prescription mouthwash she has to use. She said she has extremely sensitive teeth and has to use a mouthwash that turns her teeth brown, but her teeth with be far too sensitive without it. That being said, I've always been into odd looking teeth so they really don't offend me, but with her phobia of the dentist/doctor I wonder when the last time she got a general cleaning was? I'm going to guess it's been a hot minute and that's not healthy for anyone ever.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

It's just weird to me that the mouthwash is supposedly so her wisdom teeth don't get infected. Like, get them pulled? I think everyone has a fear of the dentist, but just get it done and over with instead of having mouth pain all the time, ffs.

Eleabear57
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Eleabear57 »

I'm glad to see she retested the steam off. I think it was both her and the company owner's fault. Bunny's nail polish was suuuper thick in the first one, so the owner was right on that. Secondly, I agree with Bunny that the owner should have put the 'heat up a few times upon first use' thing in the manual. I didn't really see the owner's response as rude, so I wish the swamp family would get off their high horse in the comments. But glad to see Bunny took the opportunity to redo it.

KittyKax
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KittyKax »

Eleabear57 wrote:I'm glad to see she retested the steam off. I think it was both her and the company owner's fault. Bunny's nail polish was suuuper thick in the first one, so the owner was right on that. Secondly, I agree with Bunny that the owner should have put the 'heat up a few times upon first use' thing in the manual. I didn't really see the owner's response as rude, so I wish the swamp family would get off their high horse in the comments. But glad to see Bunny took the opportunity to redo it.
I can see how it is a LITTLE rude. How was Bunny supposed to know that she had to let it cycle a few times if it doesn't say so in the manual? The owner didn't even say sorry or acknowledge that she should have mentioned that in the directions.

some1hing
Learner
Learner

Post by some1hing »

Actually I too feel like she is much happier now. She used to be sad, disappointed and even jaded by the fact that she doesn't have a bf, talked about it in old videos, being alone on valentines day, wanting some "fine gentleman". Before they start dating again officially the way she talked about "having somebody but they are not officially together" makes me think she always wanted Dogman and he played hard to get (that second time) or maybe he wasn't ready for relationship or whatever. But it was clear that she wants him.

She used to hated being alone, going back to her parents house which she does now too, when he's not around.
Seams to me like he's her grates balance and strength, I'm sure it was his influence that made her stop doing paranormal investigations too. Since she has him to cuddle and watch netflix she doesn't even feel need to search for something, somebody out there to fulfill her loneliness.

I'm Bunny's fan, i really like her, wish her nothing but the best, but the part of me is wondering how would she deal with their breakup if it would ever happen. Seams to me like she would fell apart, she's way into him, he seamed reluctant couple of years ago, they were on and off for a long time.

There are so many aspects to Bunny I relate to, that's why I'm wondering what if Bunny's "cure" for depression was getting a guy she liked, what if - it wasn't for him, she would remain depressed and gloomy for ever. She was lucky that Dogman is her "it" guy from hs, But what that means for us others who cant be in a relationship with people we want to be? :(
That's why I was wondering how would she deal with their (hypothetical) breakup.
Does this make any sense, I dunno, I was just wondering.

justausername
Informer
Informer

Post by justausername »

some1hing wrote:Actually I too feel like she is much happier now. She used to be sad, disappointed and even jaded by the fact that she doesn't have a bf, talked about it in old videos,
Are you responding to me? If you are, my post was actually saying that I feel she was happier in the past. She seems unhappy to me now. In her original videos she seemed more stable and sure of herself. She was getting out there and doing things with her time. She seems sad and unhappy now, especially with the character shes created.

If you werent responding to me, sorry! =)

edit: to add onto my post, what makes it obvious how unhappy she is, is the state of her appearance. I have been there before, where i wont leave my room, comb my hair, and i just wear whatever, cause i dont really give a crap what i look like. I dress up and wear makeup when im mentally doing well. Bunny used to dress up and seem happy and excited. She seems like she doesnt care about herself anymore. I think the "bunny" character is starting to weigh her down.

some1hing
Learner
Learner

Post by some1hing »

justausername wrote: Are you responding to me? If you are, my post was actually saying that I feel she was happier in the past. She seems unhappy to me now. In her original videos she seemed more stable and sure of herself. She was getting out there and doing things with her time. She seems sad and unhappy now, especially with the character shes created.

If you werent responding to me, sorry! =)

edit: to add onto my post, what makes it obvious how unhappy she is, is the state of her appearance. I have been there before, where i wont leave my room, comb my hair, and i just wear whatever, cause i dont really give a crap what i look like. I dress up and wear makeup when im mentally doing well. Bunny used to dress up and seem happy and excited. She seems like she doesnt care about herself anymore. I think the "bunny" character is starting to weigh her down.
Yeah, I saw your post, but others were saying she's changed too :)
I dunno, maybe I'm read into whole thing too much, but it seams to be that the main reason she used to wear those cute outfits, Betsey Johnson's dresses etc. was to garnish attention from everybody and possibly from him if they were sort of dating back then.
Now she's comfortable with him, know that he's not going anywhere and doesn't need to dress up nicely.
She used to say she's putting on a BJ dress and high heals to go to Chick-fil-A, joking that she doesn't have anywhere to go. And last summer when she was attending Broadway show she was in a short shorts and old t-shirt, but she was with him. I mean, there is nothing wrong with that, but it would be kinda the place to wear one of those cute dresses she has, i dunno....

I'm like you, I dress up nicely only when I'm in the good mood, but I guess some people are other way around. :)

ilovecats
Learner
Learner

Post by ilovecats »

She also mentions sleeping with her hair dryer here:

But, to be fair, in this one and one of the postet she mentions sleeping with the hair dryer - but she never says she sleeps with it on. In the gift video she doesn't say the fan is for sleeping. In the long video about the hair dryer she says its by/in her bed but not on when she sleeps. Not saying she for sure is telling the truth but yeah :P

Watching her old videos I wish she would go back to be less.. manic. She is too over the top now. But looking at her videos sorted by view count the crazy DOES THIS THING REALLY WORK are the ones with most views so I guess that is part of the reason.
(I also thinks she seems more sad/sick now even though she is more hyper..it just comes off as sort of fake?)

About the video with that purple-hair girl.. I think they were kind of high in that one. Just how long it took them to taste each soda just staring at each other etc.

And I need to comment on all the teeth-comments.. you Americans are obsessed with white teeth! It's so weird hah. I live in a European country and its really not common to whiten your teeth, at least not for ppl my age that I know (30 yo). It does damage the teeth you know! Personally I prefer more natural teeth, when I watch American actors and some other YouTube-stars their teeth are SO white it hurts to look at and just remind me of the Friends episode when Ross teeth like glow in the dark haha.

Lastly - I think comparing anxiety/depression and saying someone is lying because their symptoms are different than your own is a bit useless, because people handle it so differently. I personally have a job I go to every day and I look presentable and do my work but when I get home I'm sad and apathetic and anxious and my apartment is a mess because I cannot get myself to clean...it feels like an impossible task..and when I don't have to go out I just stay in and don't shower etc. I do have hoarder tendensies as well.

PrincessMononoke
Lurker
Lurker

Post by PrincessMononoke »

I really like her relationship with Dogman, and I like when he shows up in her videos cause she becomes so much more tolerable (and you can tell they really love each other, which is pretty adorable to watch). There are many times when I can't stand her and the videos she puts out due to a number of reasons but she does appear to be a genuinely good person and her calmer/serious side is great, when she behaves like... you know, a regular adult... she seems pretty enjoyable to be around.
Cut off a wolf's head and it still has the power to bite.

justausername
Informer
Informer

Post by justausername »

ilovecats wrote: About the video with that purple-hair girl.. I think they were kind of high in that one. Just how long it took them to taste each soda just staring at each other etc.

Lastly - I think comparing anxiety/depression and saying someone is lying because their symptoms are different than your own is a bit useless, because people handle it so differently. I personally have a job I go to every day and I look presentable and do my work but when I get home I'm sad and apathetic and anxious and my apartment is a mess because I cannot get myself to clean...it feels like an impossible task..and when I don't have to go out I just stay in and don't shower etc. I do have hoarder tendensies as well.
you say its bad to compare your own anxiety and depression issues onto someone else, but then accuse her of being high with no proof at all. we're all just giving input on our own experiences. all we have to go on is what she shows on her videos and snap chat. overall, it is pretty common for people with depression to stop caring about their appearance. youtube IS her job, she is showing up to her job with dirty clothes (she admitted this herself saying her shirt has been used for 3 days so far). She doesnt bother brushing her hair or styling it. It could just be that shes stopped caring about her appearance, because she found a BF. But it cant be denied that it is a sign of depression to stop caring about yourself.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Old Bunny videos keep popping up in my suggested videos because I was looking for the hairdryer videos lol. Look how pretty she looks here!
[youtube][/youtube]
She has minimal makeup but it looks so fresh and nice on her. Why can't she just do that now if she doesn't feel like doing a full face? The way she normally looks now, she looks like she's aged about 12 years in a 4 year time period.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Also in watching older videos, she said "frickin'," "what the hell," "badass," all things she would never say in a video now. She wouldn't even say "Better Than Sex" mascara :roll:

justausername
Informer
Informer

Post by justausername »

LiddlePallid wrote:Old Bunny videos keep popping up in my suggested videos because I was looking for the hairdryer videos lol. Look how pretty she looks here!
[youtube][/youtube]
She has minimal makeup but it looks so fresh and nice on her. Why can't she just do that now if she doesn't feel like doing a full face? The way she normally looks now, she looks like she's aged about 12 years in a 4 year time period.
she really is a pretty girl. =) especially in those older videos. i dont personally think she needs make up, but she is a beauty guru, so its kind of odd not to wear make up. but i personally dont wear make up. its the old ripped clothes, and uncombed hair that bother me.

redkoala
Learner
Learner

Post by redkoala »

justausername wrote:i dont personally think she needs make up, but she is a beauty guru, so its kind of odd not to wear make up. but i personally dont wear make up. its the old ripped clothes, and uncombed hair that bother me.
She's a beauty guru?

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

redkoala wrote:
justausername wrote:i dont personally think she needs make up, but she is a beauty guru, so its kind of odd not to wear make up. but i personally dont wear make up. its the old ripped clothes, and uncombed hair that bother me.
She's a beauty guru?
When it's convenient for her, like when Tarte sends her their whole damned new collection...

popofglitter
Learner
Learner

Post by popofglitter »

ilovecats wrote: And I need to comment on all the teeth-comments.. you Americans are obsessed with white teeth! It's so weird hah. I live in a European country and its really not common to whiten your teeth, at least not for ppl my age that I know (30 yo). It does damage the teeth you know! Personally I prefer more natural teeth, when I watch American actors and some other YouTube-stars their teeth are SO white it hurts to look at and just remind me of the Friends episode when Ross teeth like glow in the dark haha.
That friends episode is so hilarious and that cracked me up. Yes Americans, myself included, are a bit obsessed with it. It's the first thing I personally notice about someone. It tells me if they have good personal hygiene and how they take care of themselves on a daily basis. It's so strange/interesting to hear about how people from different countries are all different and focusing on different things.

I agree though, a majority of people on YT can take it too far where they're making a piece of paper look yellow. It's strange and honestly makes me feel insecure, and I have a pretty white smile!

As far as her being happier in the past, I agree to a degree. (No rhyme intended.) When I was younger and more self-conscious, in photos with friends I would make a silly face instead of just smiling because I knew if I just simply smiled in a photo, I wouldn't look good anyways or like the outcome, so I may as well make a big joke out of it and just make a goofy face. I feel like she does that ALL the time now. IE: The photo with Leighann in the dinner together posted here recently. and all her thumbnails.

I would NOT consider her a beauty guru at all. She caters to children now and doesn't even try and hide it. I'm starting to feel too old to be watching her...and I'm younger than her.

feels
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by feels »

madaronincheese wrote:I remember her mentioning the hair dryer in some older video. I wanna say it was one of those facts about me tag videos. Hopefully she didn't delete it.
FOUND IT!!! 2:00
[youtube][/youtube]
I've been lurking here for a little while now, but I'm suddenly compelled to start posting :HK:

What the FUCK is going on with her hair in this video? Like... how did she think that looked okay? I mean, I know she's generally a dirty, haggard mess, but it looks like she put in some sort of effort with this look and that "hairdo" (if you could call it that) really ruins it. Like......... girl................ :?

Return to “grav3yardgirl”