Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier: Part 4

Post by fishnchippychips »

Nyxx wrote:
fishnchippychips wrote:
Nyxx wrote:Hate to tell you guys this but people on Dumblr are already saying it's transphobic that Mark is in a dress. :?
I scrolled down the tag quite a way and I only saw one anon ask a transgender survival blog (or something to that affect) if Mark's photo could be considered transphobic and they and their followers/people who saw it said no so I think we're okay for now. I might have missed some posts though
Maybe I read wrong but the trans survival blog said it was transphobic and the anon said it wasn't didn't they?
They said that depending on the context and stuff it could be unintentionally transphobic but then in another post where the anon said it wasn't they said they'd gotten quite a few responses like that and said it seemed to be nothing to worry about (although I'm gonna go look again because I'm thinking I may have misread it now haha)

fishnchippychips
Debater
Debater

Found their response to the anon saying it wasn't transphobic :D
We’ve gotten a few responses saying that he was doing it in good nature, so it doesn’t sound like anything to worry about!
(I hope that's okay to put on here, it was a public answer so anyone can see it anyway)

Nyxx
Talker
Talker

Post by Nyxx »

Oh good! Glad it isn't causing trouble and I just misread a bit :D

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the tumblr community, if only where Mark is concerned, has already learned their lesson. Don't call someone out for wearing a dress or makeup when claiming such things are genderless, and don't go on a witch hunt when the only time he actually was offensive to the trans community he already apologized for it and made a point of never doing it again.

Thankfully I haven't seen any outrageous claims this time on the Markiplier tag. (None that were obvious to me, anyway.) I can't help wonder if their more reasonable attitude comes from enduring both the cracks that appeared in the fandom when the insanity reached its height before the PAX Prime panel, and the more recent tragedy with Cyndago. If anything, if you count all the shitty things that happened to him this year, it's admirable that he responded to it in such a mature fashion. The easier route would have been to pull even further away and shut everyone out completely...history has witnessed other Youtubers crumble under less weight. I'll bet his family and closer friends have helped a lot in that facet.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Look, you sjws, if you have a problem with Mark and get triggered over something STUPID THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE HUMOROUS, then stop watching him, stop LOOKING for him on the internet, etc. I am sure Mark wouldn't give a shit if you just stopped looking for him because all you guys do is BITCH AND WHINE. Because he would want SUPPORTIVE people that supports him and his fans, and you're just bullying him and I remember he said if you bully you don't belong in the community.

Just..ugh Image

Oh yeah MSB said this " markiplierSINGSb.a.d.l.y. 40 minutes ago
If you hate seeing Mark being sad and want to make him laugh, join the 10M milestone video! JUST DO IT ... FOR MARK! :D"

Says the boy that made the 6, 7, 8 million sub mile stones THAT MADE MARK CRY! :x :roll: So all the sudden you want to make Mark laugh, wow that's new. All the sudden you don't like seeing Mark sad. Took you long enough.

Kitten1529
Talker
Talker

Post by Kitten1529 »

1) So I guess the 9M milestone will never come out and is being lumped into 10.
2) We've been over this before, but why does James think that seeing young fans in pain will make Mark laugh?
3) Tribute videos shouldn't be about making someone do something what so ever. They should be about showing gratitude. Making someone elicit emotions for your own gain is borderline sadistic, and down right disrespectful.

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 »

This bitch

She's the only one complaining. Bitch you defended a motherfucking pedophile and a person who was read to slit throats

and its a torn up, dirty looking dress. The only people offended is Jane from Tarzan and the fashion police

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 »

Kitten1529 wrote:1) So I guess the 9M milestone will never come out and is being lumped into 10.
2) We've been over this before, but why does James think that seeing young fans in pain will make Mark laugh?
3) Tribute videos shouldn't be about making someone do something what so ever. They should be about showing gratitude. Making someone elicit emotions for your own gain is borderline sadistic, and down right disrespectful.
Goodness. James is so manipulative.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

She defended a pedophile? Wow. Just why?

I would love to make tribute videos for Mark :D I have seen some fan videos, and man they're REALLY good :D I rather make Mark happy, as I said before, I hate seeing him upset, sad, hurt, etc. Besides, Mark been through a lot this year :/

I do have a little interest in psychology, would love to know what really makes some people the way they are, I know for depression, etc but things like what that girl is saying, why?

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

BTW, I can't find that counter that says live how much subs Mark has. I did see he has 10,100,000 plus something but would be a lot more than that. (on his youtube page)

gulost
Informer
Informer

Post by gulost »

AquarianHorse wrote:She defended a pedophile? Wow. Just why?

I would love to make tribute videos for Mark :D I have seen some fan videos, and man they're REALLY good :D I rather make Mark happy, as I said before, I hate seeing him upset, sad, hurt, etc. Besides, Mark been through a lot this year :/

I do have a little interest in psychology, would love to know what really makes some people the way they are, I know for depression, etc but things like what that girl is saying, why?
people that defend pedophiles and others like that are really messed up imo. i think a lot of the time it involves a lot of manipulation when people are defending assholes like pedophiles. idk about this girl though...

REALLY JAMES?? tired of seeing mark cry?? really!?? you are behind 70% of all the videos where mark cries. just shut the eff up
RT if you're still mad at JK Rowling for killing off Jub Jub

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

... It begins...
’m gonna get so much shit for this, but here goes.

It’s nice that Mark is comfortable in a dress and all, but I think we are ignoring the fact that his being in a dress could possibly be used as a joke (”a man in a dress, how comical!”) and that’s really disrespectful of trans women who wear dresses and get called “just a man in a dress” and get killed for it.

And Mark has been in hot water for this before. He only recently apologized for using the t-slur in his younger days, and he apparently never really apologized for his make up challenge video, in which he wore the makeup so that people could laugh at him being a man in makeup rather than because he was comfortable with it. Not to mention all the times he and Jacksepticeye have equated manhood with penises.

And it hurts to say these things because I do enjoy Mark’s videos and his community, but as someone with privilege over trans women I have to say these things, and I have a hard time believing that Mark cares for his fans as much as he says he does if he is so willing to make these same mistakes over and over again, and hurt the fans that go through these experiences.

Now, maybe I’m getting ahead of myself and his dress won’t be a punchline. But if it turns out to be, I may have doubts about continuing to be subscribed to him.

gulost
Informer
Informer

Post by gulost »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:... It begins...

It’s nice that Mark is comfortable in a dress and all, but I think we are ignoring the fact that his being in a dress could possibly be used as a joke (”a man in a dress, how comical!”) and that’s really disrespectful of trans women who wear dresses and get called “just a man in a dress” and get killed for it.

And Mark has been in hot water for this before. He only recently apologized for using the t-slur in his younger days, and he apparently never really apologized for his make up challenge video, in which he wore the makeup so that people could laugh at him being a man in makeup rather than because he was comfortable with it. Not to mention all the times he and Jacksepticeye have equated manhood with penises.

And it hurts to say these things because I do enjoy Mark’s videos and his community, but as someone with privilege over trans women I have to say these things, and I have a hard time believing that Mark cares for his fans as much as he says he does if he is so willing to make these same mistakes over and over again, and hurt the fans that go through these experiences.

Now, maybe I’m getting ahead of myself and his dress won’t be a punchline. But if it turns out to be, I may have doubts about continuing to be subscribed to him.
oh god, here we go again
RT if you're still mad at JK Rowling for killing off Jub Jub

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:... It begins...

Newsflash: He's human. And how is a tattered, funky looking dress offensive to trans women? Like is said, this is the only person who needs to be offended:

and he's apologized before dumb one.

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

Ha, there's bound to be a few hardcore tumblrites who just don't get the joke tumblr itself has become. :roll: Everyone online is already aware just how bat-shit crazy they make themselves out to be.
but as someone with privilege over trans women I have to say these things
Aaaaand that's about all anyone needs to see from that person. You aren't part of that community, you don't get to speak for their community, and you thinking you "have to say" anything at all for them (as though they're incapable of speaking for themselves and are so fragile everything must be done for them) is the only offensive thing in this.

fishnchippychips
Debater
Debater

kei wrote:Ha, there's bound to be a few hardcore tumblrites who just don't get the joke tumblr itself has become. :roll: Everyone online is already aware just how bat-shit crazy they make themselves out to be.
but as someone with privilege over trans women I have to say these things
Aaaaand that's about all anyone needs to see from that person. You aren't part of that community, you don't get to speak for their community, and you thinking you "have to say" anything at all for them (as though they're incapable of speaking for themselves and are so fragile everything must be done for them) is the only offensive thing in this.
Are you f***ing kidding me she's not even trans and still thinks she can say what is and isn't transmisogyny?? Jfc some people need to just chill and stop looking for things that people probably would never be offended by, stop trying to start shit that isn't there! He wore a tutu in the last Resident Enis and no one bat an eyelid, I don't get why suddenly he isn't allowed to have a costume for a musical he's a part of, it's not playing off the "man in a dress" thing at all he's literally just acting! Sorry for ranting like this it's just clearly not safe to do on tumblr and I really don't want this to blow up in the tag again when Mark's had so much to deal with already this year :x

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Wow, just wow.

1. Mark wearing a dress probably wasn't his choice, it was part of what we people like to call a script. I assume that so I don't know but I am sure there was some script, unless it was improv, either way, it's a JOKE. Lighten up!

2.Don't speak for others, only speak for yourself. People usually don't like it when you speak for yourself probably.

3.Mark does care for his fans, his tears and feelings i think are legit. That's your problem if you don't see it. Go ahead and un sub. He still has many fans anyway.

4.Why do you people think like that? I think I will always ask that. I see Mark wearing a dress and make up as a joke and I don't think like you crazy people do.

5. I am sure there been other actors that dressed up as women for shits and giggles in movies and shows or TV. It happens, it probably happened way before you were born and probably will never stop. I would think some of it was for comedy, not to hurt you like you and other people think.

6. WHY ARE YOU ONLY ATTACKING MARK?! -_- Why is the only punching bag you guys attack? If anyone needs to be attacked it's ones that are doing it to be an asshole.

7. If anyone needs to apologize it's you guys. Not Mark.

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 »

AquarianHorse wrote:Wow, just wow.

1. Mark wearing a dress probably wasn't his choice, it was part of what we people like to call a script. I assume that so I don't know but I am sure there was some script, unless it was improv, either way, it's a JOKE. Lighten up!

2.Don't speak for others, only speak for yourself. People usually don't like it when you speak for yourself probably.

3.Mark does care for his fans, his tears and feelings i think are legit. That's your problem if you don't see it. Go ahead and un sub. He still has many fans anyway.

4.Why do you people think like that? I think I will always ask that. I see Mark wearing a dress and make up as a joke and I don't think like you crazy people do.

5. I am sure there been other actors that dressed up as women for shits and giggles in movies and shows or TV. It happens, it probably happened way before you were born and probably will never stop. I would think some of it was for comedy, not to hurt you like you and other people think.

6. WHY ARE YOU ONLY ATTACKING MARK?! -_- Why is the only punching bag you guys attack? If anyone needs to be attacked it's ones that are doing it to be an asshole.

7. If anyone needs to apologize it's you guys. Not Mark.

That's it. Im taking a stand. Im a fucking woman and I wear dresses so I have some goddam say in this.

IM going to draw Mark in dresses as much as I fucking want to, b/c he looks fucking fly in women's clothes.
IM sorry trans women go through a lot, but attacking Mark ISNT going to make the trans community any safer. In fact, tumblr let Onision have a video named "My MtF transition" and yall didn't do shit. So leave Mark alone and get a life.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

YES Do it draw him in a dress :D Show us when you're done :) I wanna see :D (Do you have deviantart?)

I do think he looks good in a dress, heck he can pull anything off really. Lucky. :P I hated dresses back then but I do love them now and kinda miss wearing them but it's really rare I do ;;

Ya know, it seems if women wear a tux they don't get criticize they do but if a guy wears a dress it's bad right? Also, I am curious, are there many transgenders/transexuals that were actually upset with the make up challenge or did most not give a crap?

Sigh. It makes me mad AND sad that Mark won't get a break and this year just gonna keep being an ass thanks to you people that freak out over a joke. Sad for Mark, but mad at people that freak out.

ilikecupcakes
Talker
Talker

Post by ilikecupcakes »

Gorillaz1236 wrote:This bitch

She's the only one complaining. Bitch you defended a motherfucking pedophile and a person who was read to slit throats

and its a torn up, dirty looking dress. The only people offended is Jane from Tarzan and the fashion police
That's the same bitch who was saying if you're not trans you can't say what is or isn't offensive. So why this bitch typing away about what's offensive to trans women? She's not trans and by her own logic she doesn't get a fucking say as what is offensive to them

Return to “Markiplier”