Workouts With Out High Impact

gossipsquid

Workouts With Out High Impact

Post by gossipsquid »

Hi! I hope this is in the right section...
Anyway, I really want to start working out and lose some weight, the only issue is I cannot do high impact activities (running, jumping, lunges, squats) because I have patellofemoral syndrome. Basically what that means is, the cartilage under my knee cap is weak, and doesn't hold my knee caps in place. This causes irritation and swelling. I am looking for a workout routine that I can still lose weight with but, won't irritate my knees. It also might be worth mentioning that my patellofemoral syndrome can cause my back to hurt at times, so large and repetitious sets of sit ups are not the best for me.
Do any of you lovely folks have advice for me? I do not have access to a gym, but I do have a lot of free space in my room. I'm not looking to get any expensive equipment, just an exercise routine I can do at home. I have tried yoga before, and didn't really get into it but, I like the idea of it.
Thanks in advance!

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Workouts With Out High Impact

Post by kayleeee »

I know that Fitness Blender has a few low impact exercise routines. They are one of my favorite exercise channels and have many videos you can build into your own routine. :)
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

gossipsquid

Re: Workouts With Out High Impact

Post by gossipsquid »

kayleeee wrote:I know that Fitness Blender has a few low impact exercise routines. They are one of my favorite exercise channels and have many videos you can build into your own routine. :)

Return to “Fitness”