Markiplier's Relationships - Part 4

Ely
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 4

Post by Ely »

Gorillaz1236 wrote:Guys! Deep breath and everything will be alright!!

Come on! What happened to us all being civil!! We can disagree but let's not talk down or frenzy!

Let's show love guys <3 :respekt:
We are being civil. No one has insulted Markiplier or Saucycosplays themselves.

We are mostly venting our frustration over the way Saucycosplay will get her fanbase without working for it. All of her hard work in wanting to be out of Markiplier's shadow has gone down the drain because all of the people currently subscribed to her at this very moment, except for the original 100 subscribers, are not there for her channel nor videos. They are not her fans. They are Markiplier's fans, who he "asked" them to subscribe to her all because she is a good person. Many fans are beginning to complain to Markiplier about it, by the way, because SaucyCosplay's videos are not entertaining nor good quality.

As I said before, she didn't work for any of those subscriptions nor views. They are all there to make their Markiplier-senpai happy. That angers me because she has contradicted herself. She said she wanted to create her own fans that like her for her and not Markiplier, but guess what? She uses him any way. This wouldn't anger me so much if the promotion was done properly and at a better time where SaucyCosplay already had her established community of her own (which would have months or even years) and had better quality videos. Right now, her videos are weak, but it is expected of a recent channel. I had hoped with practice and actual work she would make her own dreams come true, but it looks like I was gravely mistaken.

And as I said beforehand: this situation is just like, for example, you give a high work recommendation about your friend to your boss, in order to help him get a job, only for your boss to come to realize after hiring the high recommended friend is nothing more than a lazy bum who won't work or isn't good at their job. Markiplier promoted SaucyCosplay as a high recommendation to his audience, who are his boss, and the audience goes to accept SaucyCosplay only to realize she isn't good at her job -- entertaining them. Not yet, at least. And at this rate, this situation can easily destroy her dream once people begin to leave or dislike her videos after realizing the quality isn't good yet.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Ely wrote:
We are mostly venting our frustration over the way Saucycosplay will get her fanbase without working for it. All of her hard work in wanting to be out of Markiplier's shadow has gone down the drain because all of the people currently subscribed to her at this very moment, except for the original 100 subscribers, are not there for her channel nor videos. They are not her fans.
Even the original 100 is questionable. She originally had about 60 or 70 when she started, likely from her clique she's established over her time online or some of Mark's fans who knew of her or saw he was following her on Twitter/Instagram and were nosy. Then that number grew a bit after she posted the picture with Mark at Magic Mountain. I'd say any actual fans she has on there are even lower than when she started. Maybe 20-30 actually give a fuck about her as a person.

moran
Informer
Informer

Post by moran »

You know what? I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and just say that maybe, maybe, they didn't talk about this and he did the promo thinking it was a good idea?!*
Just like Jess didn't ask him if it was okay to come here and clear things up, hence the "I can't talk about things that involve him", maybe he didn't ask her if it was okay? *shrugs*

I'm just trying to be reasonable here and look at things from different prospectives, but I still think this is, or at least looks like, a bigger design (I also don't believe in coincidence so put this in too), plus the amount of bad timing is getting on some sort of Twilight Zone Weird level here, I'm gonna stop believing in it too soon (but hey, if it really is just bad timing, then fuck me because that's absurd) :roll:

*Also, we said so many times he wasn't gonna say anything about it and he did, we all know how much he hates when others tell him what he should or could do, so there's that too I guess?! Idk

boldnewtaste
Informer
Informer

Post by boldnewtaste »

moran wrote:You know what? I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and just say that maybe, maybe, they didn't talk about this and he did the promo thinking it was a good idea?!*
Just like Jess didn't ask him if it was okay to come here and clear things up, hence the "I can't talk about things that involve him", maybe he didn't ask her if it was okay? *shrugs*

I'm just trying to be reasonable here and look at things from different prospectives, but I still think this is, or at least looks like, a bigger design (I also don't believe in coincidence so put this in too), plus the amount of bad timing is getting on some sort of Twilight Zone level here, I'm gonna stop believing in it too soon (but hey, if it really is just bad timing, then fuck me because that's absurd) :roll:

*Also, we said so many times he wasn't gonna say anything about it and he did, we all know how much he love to prove people wrong and hates when others tell him what he should or could do, so there's that too I guess?! Idk
sure, it's of course a possibility that they didn't talk about this... that's some pretty goddamn awful communication for people being such special good friends, huh? but jess seems awfully quiet if she didn't want all those subscribers and attention.

Immabatman
Debater
Debater

Post by Immabatman »

moran wrote:You know what? I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and just say that maybe, maybe, they didn't talk about this and he did the promo thinking it was a good idea?!

I'm just trying to be reasonable here and look at things from different prospectives, but I still think this is, or at least looks like, a bigger design (I also don't believe in coincidence so put this in too), plus the amount of bad timing is getting on some sort of Twilight Zone level here, I'm gonna stop believing in it too soon (but hey, if it really is just bad timing, then fuck me because that's absurd) :roll:
I think this a great answer. I don't want to make everything worst, but I want to believe in this maybe. I still respect both, even the bad sides after everything. I still don't give a fuck about what happen with that relationship, but hide a person is wrong. Mark need some talk with Jack about that. Jack knows to be very honest with his fans, and that's why he don't have any drama on his tag. And I am not angry for the lie and tumblr shit stuff. We all have different reactions.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

boldnewtaste wrote:
sure, it's of course a possibility that they didn't talk about this... that's some pretty goddamn awful communication for people being such special good friends, huh? but jess seems awfully quiet if she didn't want all those subscribers and attention.
Probably smiling to herself about how she got away with thousands of undeserved subs and likely getting senpai to want to touch her boobs again. :rofl:

Post by Guest »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
boldnewtaste wrote:
Probably smiling to herself about how she got away with thousands of undeserved subs and likely getting senpai to want to touch her boobs again. :rofl:
As someone who as them and likes them on other women, titties are great (and I love some ass) But if that's thr only reason you're with someone, wow. If he's thinking about sex, then get a fleshlight or something! And her being radio silent says a lit. Miscommunication in a relationship be it friends, romantic or otherwise is never a good sign. I wish he had read this board and realized that we have good intentions.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

TheFormerLurker
Learner
Learner

Post by TheFormerLurker »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
boldnewtaste wrote:
Most likely :rofl: Everything has pretty much fallen into her lap but the thing is will the subscribers stick or will people weed her out of their subscription list after this whole thing has blown over :?: She has them at the moment but you need to keep subscribers interested and will her content keep them interested because like someone said a lot of Mark's subscribers are interested in Lets Players and Comedy sketches not really Cosplaying or ASMR.
Image Image

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Chatterbox_380 wrote:
As someone who as them and likes them on other women, titties are great (and I love some ass) But if that's thr only reason you're with someone, wow. If he's thinking about sex, then get a fleshlight or something! And her being radio silent says a lit. Miscommunication in a relationship be it friends, romantic or otherwise is never a good sign. I wish he had read this board and realized that we have good intentions.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk[/quote]

Likely she spun it like we were harassing her and spreading misinformation to try and ruin her career. Look how she accused us of spamming the dislike button on her first ASMR video. Then being all elitist about how we don't GET ASMR when plenty of people gave great constructive criticism.

But I ain't gonna go on a rant about her work. Not the place. (though it might as well be since she ain't gonna separate from Mark now. Hope you're happy now Fossey :roll: )

But who knows if tits and ass is all Mark sees in her. Then again, he can get it plenty of other places if what we think is true. :rofl:

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
boldnewtaste wrote:
I don't think Mark would do something like this without talking it over with her for a while. Maybe that's been part of what's been making him so cranky lately (in addition to the usual Tumblr and fan harassment stuff). Funny, when he went home, I was really expecting him to come back refreshed and in a better state of mind. Maybe him trying to help Tyler out was his way of testing the waters before promoting her channel. Tyler's situation is completely different though...he's trying to get a real job, not subs...so maybe not.

Well hey, props to her for getting what she wanted, right? Most people aren't so lucky. I can't get over the fact that she has 7000 subs now. She only posts once a week, right? Most of them won't stick around. The only once-a-week channel I've seen that has maintained a large number of subscribers is Jenna Marbles. And Jenna made some viral videos and really showed her personality before getting to that point. :rofl:

The only way she'd be confident in keeping all of those subs...is if they're getting back together AND/OR are planning collabs in the future.

Also, I PM'ed Desert and Wex about pinning/locking the FAQ thread, but I guess they're busy. :?

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

TheFormerLurker wrote: Most likely :rofl: Everything has pretty much fallen into her lap but the thing is will the subscribers stick or will people weed her out of their subscription list after this whole thing has blown over :?: She has them at the moment but you need to keep subscribers interested and will her content keep them interested because like someone said a lot of Mark's subscribers are interested in Lets Players and Comedy sketches not really Cosplaying or ASMR.
Plus she's not consistent in her upload schedule. Her latest video was 2 days ago, then her vlog was uploaded 5 days ago, then a week for the one before that. Mark has managed to upload at least one video a day for three straight years, both with and without help from an editor. And all of his videos include gameplay footage, various audio from his voice to music to sound effects, After Effects, a webcam/camcorder, and even green screen.

She needs to keep people's attention and her random upload schedule isn't gonna keep people's attention.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

I've tried it a few times, and video editing is a pain in the rear. I still don't know how Youtubers with daily upload schedules can fight with all the different tracks and listen to the same audio a thousand times without wanting to tear their hair out. But I guess it's something you get better at with time, just like any other skill.
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:But who knows if tits and ass is all Mark sees in her. Then again, he can get it plenty of other places if what we think is true. :rofl:

He and Wade are signing at Disney's D23 Expo today. Judging from the picture he tweeted, he's in full Markiplier mode. :lol:

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Kierans wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
boldnewtaste wrote:
I don't think Mark would do something like this without talking it over with her for a while. Maybe that's been part of what's been making him so cranky lately (in addition to the usual Tumblr and fan harassment stuff). Funny, when he went home, I was really expecting him to come back refreshed and in a better state of mind. Maybe him trying to help Tyler out was his way of testing the waters before promoting her channel. Tyler's situation is completely different though...he's trying to get a real job, not subs...so maybe not.

Well hey, props to her for getting what she wanted, right? Most people aren't so lucky. I can't get over the fact that she has 7000 subs now. She only posts once a week, right? Most of them won't stick around. The only once-a-week channel I've seen that has maintained a large number of subscribers is Jenna Marbles. And Jenna made some viral videos and really showed her personality before getting to that point. :rofl:

The only way she'd be confident in keeping all of those subs...is if they're getting back together AND/OR are planning collabs in the future.

Also, I PM'ed Desert and Wex about pinning/locking the FAQ thread, but I guess they're busy. :?
With Tyler's situation, he's been struggling for years and went through years of college and he still couldn't find a job in his field. Jess only just started her channel and cosplay was originally a hobby that she decided she wanted to make a living off of, particularly because Mark encouraged her to do so.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

I wonder how it will be when Mark gets a new girlfriend and Jess is RIGHT THERE all the time. TBH, I wouldn't want another woman always around when I want time with a boyfriend.

Immabatman
Debater
Debater

Post by Immabatman »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
TheFormerLurker wrote: Most likely :rofl: Everything has pretty much fallen into her lap but the thing is will the subscribers stick or will people weed her out of their subscription list after this whole thing has blown over :?: She has them at the moment but you need to keep subscribers interested and will her content keep them interested because like someone said a lot of Mark's subscribers are interested in Lets Players and Comedy sketches not really Cosplaying or ASMR.
Plus she's not consistent in her upload schedule. Her latest video was 2 days ago, then her vlog was uploaded 5 days ago, then a week for the one before that. Mark has managed to upload at least one video a day for three straight years, both with and without help from an editor. And all of his videos include gameplay footage, various audio from his voice to music to sound effects, After Effects, a webcam/camcorder, and even green screen.

She needs to keep people's attention and her random upload schedule isn't gonna keep people's attention.
She need organization . If she want to make 3 to7 videos per week, so she need to know what she want to do with her videos and bring new things. I think this subject is on her forum :rofl: but ok hahaha

moran
Informer
Informer

Post by moran »

I take back my last words, I'm so fucking done with both of them, I wish I could say "fuck this, I'm out of here" but I care about you people too much to let them take this away from me.
They do deserve each other, bloody liars <3

Ely
Talker
Talker

Post by Ely »

Kierans wrote: Maybe him trying to help Tyler out was his way of testing the waters before promoting her channel. Tyler's situation is completely different though...he's trying to get a real job, not subs...so maybe not.

Tyler's case is different, and it isn't because Markiplier was trying to find him a job than getting people to subscribe to his channel. Tyler is someone the audience was given the chance to get to know as not only Markiplier's friend, but as an individual as well. It is clear that Tyler is an honest and down to Earth type of guy with his own sense of humor. Plus, we got to know more about his experience in the career he is currently pursuing and other jobs he has had before. From the sound of those campaigns he helped organize, he is a hard working individual.

Now, Jess, on the other hand, we know almost nothing about except she does standard quality of work with sewing, she has helped write and edit Markiplier's videos, and that's it. None of these contributions nor qualities appear on her videos. The editting and camera work might look pretty or decent, but the audio quality and overall quality of herself as an entertainer is very low. There is nothing outstanding about her other than she is Markiplier's ex, that's it. Everything else is as generic and plain as it can get personality-wise. She doesn't stand out as her own individual.

Again, my reaction to this promotion would be different if her videos were gold, but they aren't. They are average at best. Maybe even lower to those not into ASMR or anime.

I wholeheartedly believe it is all a ploy for them to be a power couple on Youtube. I really believe this is the case from all the too many coincidences popping up now. This is all just too convenient. And, yes, expect a lot of collaborations because Markiplier's voice is definitely ASMR material if he does it correctly. I wouldn't be surprised if all his vocal lessons were preparing him for ASMR with Jess once he ever decides to concentrate less on his channel, but not to scare people he'll pop up in other channels.
Last edited by Ely on Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Yeah I like you guys too. It's sad some left really D: I feel like this forum is real and not ccrazy like other places. You guys look at things realistically, you don't miss things, can read between the lines. That's what I like :)

As for cosplay I never heard of it being career but hey whatever. It is lucky that some people know what they want, I still dunno what I want ;; I know what I LIKE or what i wouldn't mind learning more about but I can't be like "Yeah I want to be a vet or be a house painter" Yeah those things are possible I love art and animals, but I dunno. D:

I WANT to like Mark and enjoy his videos and see he is a good person just, the bs in the past 24 hours is just ehn. I dunno, I will admit I am more irritable than usual at the moment (besides the Mark thing).

A couple of glasses of wine didrelax me, I will admit that, and watching Scrubs :)

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

moran wrote:I take back my last words, I'm so fucking done with both of them, I wish I could say "fuck this, I'm out of here" but I care about you people too much to let them take this away from me.
They do deserve each other, bloody liars <3
Agreed. I'm desperately wanting to say fuck Mark and his lying manipulative ass, but I care about all of you guys too much.

And if these voice lessons were all for Jess' ASMR stuff, then that is a waste of fucking talent on his part.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

It does hurt that Mark hurt us, but eh, I may get over it eventually. Who knows. To be honest, it's kind of nice to not watch Mark as much, I can do other things I have been putting off XD It does disappoint me that some of his videos were of Jess's ideas, not his own. I dunno it just will feel different now if I choose to go back and watch.

Screw investing in people too much, I should do what my dad and sister said about me wanting a boyfriend, they say boys are nuts, get a dog XD Dogs don't disappoint you as bad. Sure they may poo or wee or chew up something but eh sometimes it's the owner's fault or they're anxious or something like when you leave :P

Return to “Markiplier”