PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 3

Post by PsychGrad0317 »

Starflakes wrote: Thank you batman :)
To say I have been through very bad things like mark and some of you here, and it's hard to deal with trauma and get or seek out help and to be offered a hand can really matter to someone - and it's things like this that can make someone to keep going
and if mark needs it or not, so be it.
Unfortunately, there's still such a stigma about seeing counselors. People associate therapy with "crazy". I have had more than one person call me a "Bullshit artist" when I told them that I was going to be a therapist. Others think it's just hand-holding and whining. Granted, most of them are in the low information crowd, but the idea still exists. Some people don't seek help because they think it's a sign of weakness, others because they don't want to be thought of as crazy. And unfortunately, some kids DO try to tell their parents and end up being told that they're just being drama queens. :roll: A lot needs to be done to help the mental health system in the U.S. anyway, and to inform the public about mental disorders.

I think Mark is pretty well-balanced. He could talk to a therapist if he wanted to, but I think all he really needs is some time spent with his crazy friends. ;)
Status update: Studying...Mostly. Sometimes. Except, you know, when I'm not.

Immabatman
Debater
Debater

Post by Immabatman »

If you guys want to talk about it, fell free to pm me. Talking is the best answer :tu:

Okay, so did you guys see the new video of Mark about Tyler??

ilikecupcakes
Talker
Talker

Post by ilikecupcakes »

Immabatman wrote:If you guys want to talk about it, fell free to pm me. Talking is the best answer :tu:

I saw it. Mark is a really sweet guy for doing that but I'm not sure how that's supposed to help him?
Slightly off topic but Unfortunately lots of people can't get a job theses days even if the have a Masters. They sometimes get told they're over qualified

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

Immabatman wrote:
I'm at work and can't watch it with the volume on. :( From the comments I'm guessing Tyler's looking for a job? He seemed pretty stressed about his previous job in his tweets the past few months. (Also wow, the comments going on there right now are not really what I was expecting from his "happy, loving" community.)

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

What do you think about the video Mark just posted with Tyler? I know what he's going through with being stuck working a position way below his level of education. Finding a job is such a major pain. I think it's pretty cool of Mark to use his reach of influence to try to help out a friend. :tu:

Dragonmax
Informer
Informer

Post by Dragonmax »

AquarianHorse wrote:LOL yeah that Jigglypuff thing was adorable and funny XD Were they drinking? :P Or just hyper. It is interesting to see Mark more calmer than on camera :O I know some people do accuse him of being fake or overreacting. I would think when into games yeah you get excited and wound up. Kind of like when people watch football games, they get all wilded up. I don't personally watch football but some of my family does, it always scares me when they scream ;;
Yeah a lot of people (including my Tumblr value-abiding friend) really think Markiplier can get OTT. I think so too, on occasions. But there's the camera up front—they need to fully show that emotion. Like the LPers would react but they would magnify that reaction 10x. So we can kind of forgive the large ham that comes with the LP package sometimes. But there are also calm LPers like Cry, for one, so it really depends on the player on how he or she will react.

And if your family is scary during football games, wait till you see a Filipino home during a Pacquiao fight. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

I'm seeing a therapist and I read self help books. Not sure if I totally like my pyschatrist tho :/ It's nice there is support on here :D

Tyler seems like a cool guy :) Does he have his own YT channel? I remember now he wanted to do sports and stuff :D

It does suck that even if you go to college, it's not guaranteed you will get a job :/ Finding a job I do hear these days are a pain :/ I honestly can see myself doing a 9-5 job but not get a really big deal degree. TBH, I feel like it's too late :/ I'm past the age where I should have gotten a degree by now. I worked at a major movie theater chain and it's like a what Mark was saying for where Tyler works "It's like a summer job" kind of thing. Yeah free movies but I felt it wasn't challenging, it wasn't what I wanted. I did a career kind of thing, best fit would be clerical working or anything with art XD

Anyway I did see Tyler's video that he had surgey? I remember they were talking about if they believe in ghosts. Yeah I'm that weirdo lady that does XD; That's interesting he had OB experience :O Surgeries suck :/ I been through them too. I don't believe I had OBE tho.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Dragonmax wrote:
AquarianHorse wrote:LOL yeah that Jigglypuff thing was adorable and funny XD Were they drinking? :P Or just hyper. It is interesting to see Mark more calmer than on camera :O I know some people do accuse him of being fake or overreacting. I would think when into games yeah you get excited and wound up. Kind of like when people watch football games, they get all wilded up. I don't personally watch football but some of my family does, it always scares me when they scream ;;
Yeah a lot of people (including my Tumblr value-abiding friend) really think Markiplier can get OTT. I think so too, on occasions. But there's the camera up front—they need to fully show that emotion. Like the LPers would react but they would magnify that reaction 10x. So we can kind of forgive the large ham that comes with the LP package sometimes. But there are also calm LPers like Cry, for one, so it really depends on the player on how he or she will react.

And if your family is scary during football games, wait till you see a Filipino home during a Pacquiao fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah XD He's pretty awesome. I guess he's introverted when he's with new people probably and more himself with people he knows? I am like that in a way, with strangers I am really shy and nervous, but with people I know I can be myself usually XD

Whose Cry again? :O

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

Cry is short for Cryaotic (or ChaoticMonki). LP Youtuber known for his calm voice and the fact that he never shows his face. :lol:

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker

Post by PsychGrad0317 »

AquarianHorse wrote:I'm seeing a therapist and I read self help books. Not sure if I totally like my pyschatrist tho :/ It's nice there is support on here :D

Tyler seems like a cool guy :) Does he have his own YT channel? I remember now he wanted to do sports and stuff :D

It does suck that even if you go to college, it's not guaranteed you will get a job :/ Finding a job I do hear these days are a pain :/ I honestly can see myself doing a 9-5 job but not get a really big deal degree. TBH, I feel like it's too late :/ I'm past the age where I should have gotten a degree by now. I worked at a major movie theater chain and it's like a what Mark was saying for where Tyler works "It's like a summer job" kind of thing. Yeah free movies but I felt it wasn't challenging, it wasn't what I wanted. I did a career kind of thing, best fit would be clerical working or anything with art XD

Anyway I did see Tyler's video that he had surgey? I remember they were talking about if they believe in ghosts. Yeah I'm that weirdo lady that does XD; That's interesting he had OB experience :O Surgeries suck :/ I been through them too. I don't believe I had OBE tho.
It's never too late! I took a break between my Bachelors and Masters Degrees and I kind of regret it. But I'm going for my Masters now. I figure, if I will be 34 by the time I finish, I would have been 34 anyway, with or without a Masters. I might as well be 34 with it. That's the bad thing about Psychology--a BS will get you nothing, not even a free Coke at McDonalds. :rofl: If you go Psychology, you have to go all the way with it.

You should look into going back to school, if there's something that really interests you. Watch out for the college loans, though. They will sink you! Let me know if you want to chat!
Status update: Studying...Mostly. Sometimes. Except, you know, when I'm not.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

Music's another tough field to be in. I'm trying to change from music education to arts administration, It doesn't require another degree, but it's a difficult field to break into unless you've done lots of networking, which I've been doing for months. Ugh.

But I agree that it's never too late! We're here for you if need be, Aquarian Horse! :)

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Aw thanks guys :D I'd love to do something with art or writing, or even with animals :D That would be fun :)

mochikins
Learner
Learner

Post by mochikins »

I truly hope Tyler can land the job that he wants. I don't know anyone in the sports field, but shared the video on FB anyways. You never know.

Also, I skimmed through the comments on the video and got a little annoyed that most of 'em aren't useful. Just people saying "wish I could help" or just silly stuff. I'm sure that can get frustrating to see, when you're seriously trying to help someone get a job.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

Yeah, well most of them are probably still in school themselves. :lol: I have a former coworker whose son works in sports management (or something similar), so I forwarded Tyler's LinkedIn profile to her. Hope he's able to get a good job soon.

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

Kierans wrote:Yeah, well most of them are probably still in school themselves. :lol: I have a former coworker whose son works in sports management (or something similar), so I forwarded Tyler's LinkedIn profile to her. Hope he's able to get a good job soon.
I think the fact he's willing to move anywhere in the country will help him. I have a couple connections in sports...Not many, but anything to help. Tyler looks like good people. :)

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Yeah it's hard to find a job but yeah him saying he can move is good. Heh I remember those lovely job applications they ask "Are you willing to re-locate out of state?" Eh...no. I'm kinda needy and rather stay close to family even though some of them sometimes REALLY drive me crazy XD Unless it to another place where family is close by that be fine. I have family both in VA (I'm there now) and in PA :P) Course I'm poor, and I would kinda doubt that they would help transfer your stuff and everything.

PythonMonty96
Debater
Debater

Post by PythonMonty96 »

AquarianHorse wrote:Yeah it's hard to find a job but yeah him saying he can move is good. Heh I remember those lovely job applications they ask "Are you willing to re-locate out of state?" Eh...no. I'm kinda needy and rather stay close to family even though some of them sometimes REALLY drive me crazy XD Unless it to another place where family is close by that be fine. I have family both in VA (I'm there now) and in PA :P) Course I'm poor, and I would kinda doubt that they would help transfer your stuff and everything.
Yay a fellow Virginian!! :tu:

It can definitely be hard finding a decent job nowadays. It's a good thing that Tyler said he was willing to relocate.

Dragonmax
Informer
Informer

Post by Dragonmax »

I PMed everyone who requested re: Wilkes. And speaking of, looks like fans are calling her out again.

EDIT: she even tweeted the fans who didn't even mentioned her. She went to their timelines to pick a fight with these users... And some of them are even under 18. For a 30-something woman, this is really the lowest of lows.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Wait whose is Willkes? :?

Dragonmax
Informer
Informer

Post by Dragonmax »

AquarianHorse wrote:Wait whose is Willkes? :?
I'll send a PM about her.

She deleted all of her tweets to Mark except for the "goodbye" one. But strangely, she didn't delete the ones where she fought with younger fans and she called them with slurs Tumblr would wag a finger on. Some of the ones she mentioned didn't even directly @ her in the first place.

I don't know if she's still gonna be a Markiplier stan (in the literal sense of the word) or what. (I guess she might go back when the rabid Markiplites have other dramas to worry about.) Wishing all the best to the new guy she'll constantly tweet for 8 hours.

Return to “Markiplier”