The domesticated lives of Dan & Phil!

AlexP
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The domesticated lives of Dan & Phil!

Post by AlexP »

I've got nothing to add but I wanted to thank you guys for this awesome thread. I love seeing those little moments I'd never seen or never noticed/paid attention to...and I'm enjoying the general positivity :tu:

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

Phil, you should know by now, the wife always know when you've been lying ;)

ImageImage
Credit:amazingfiru

Spicyhottea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spicyhottea »

^ LOL I love how they speak without words. Can we have more gifs and examples of these moments plz? Like the one where Phil offers Dan the hello kitty mug and another one. It's glorious hahahah.

coach
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coach »

This one isn't as cute as the others, but I liked it because it's them playing a video game without forcing the banter for our sake. It's one of the few instances of Phil being mostly out of character, too.

[youtube][/youtube]
if i ever manage to write a post without typos on the first try i've probably been replaced by a pod person jsyk

marabou
Learner
Learner

Post by marabou »

sorry, i have nothing to add, but oh this si my new favourite thread. my cheeks hurt from this stupid grin being plastered on my face while scrolling through the posts. thank you guys for sahring! :)

Spicyhottea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spicyhottea »

A couple of gifs from live shows:

And an old tweet:

effietrinkets
Debater
Debater

Post by effietrinkets »

humanholiday wrote:And an old tweet:
one of the cutest things about that picture for me is the fact that dan is wearing phil's york hoodie.

Spicyhottea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spicyhottea »

Another interestingly cute little snippet; in this clip where they're playing Cards Against Humanity with gleamers? It's so cute how they instinctively run the game together. And Dan straightens every single card Phil puts down lol.

[youtube][/youtube]
From 0:30 onwards.

christyimnotred
Debater
Debater

Post by christyimnotred »

This is the best thread ever! I watched all the videos in this thread today and they made me so happy. Domestic Phan is without a doubt my happy place. I'm going to be so disappointed if these two ever move apart.

whoknows
Informer
Informer

Post by whoknows »

Ok I'm quite happy now, I like seeing/watching them without having to analyze everything. I just want to give them a big hug and coo over them.
watch out....mort is on the prowl. Why people be tweeting and deleting,own up to your shit.

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

effietrinkets wrote:one of the cutest things about that picture for me is the fact that dan is wearing phil's york hoodie.
And here I am wondering why he's got a collender on his head.
humanholiday wrote:Another interestingly cute little snippet; in this clip where they're playing Cards Against Humanity with gleamers? It's so cute how they instinctively run the game together. And Dan straightens every single card Phil puts down lol.

[youtube][/youtube]
From 0:30 onwards.
That is cute, the way he moves all the cards. Which vlog is this from? I've never seen it before.
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

ImageImageImage

Spicyhottea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spicyhottea »

That is Marcus' playlist vlog I think from last year.

effy_eidechse
Informer
Informer

Post by effy_eidechse »

Dan's face :rofl:

Their little New Years fire adventure 2013/14:
[youtube][/youtube]
Phil and fire is a real threat. I bet he's the one making their house all cozy with the scented candles.

Also, I didn't know where to put it, it's not really domestic, but whatever:
Not in the right place, either...but A WILD LESTER APPEARS :D
Martyn in Dodie's vlog (I can't stand her and Evan and blah...): at 1:00 and 1:25:
[youtube][/youtube]

marabou
Learner
Learner

Post by marabou »

the card sorting is from here:
[youtube][/youtube]

from around 6:47

effy_eidechse
Informer
Informer

Post by effy_eidechse »

You can think of Cat what you like, I don't hate on her, and to me she seems like a genuine friends of theirs. And they are quite relaxed around her, that's what I like about the three of them together.

[youtube][/youtube]

All domestic D&P household in the first 3 minutes:
- Phil leaving all the cupboard doors open
- them being still in their PJs/comfy clothes and making their guest get the milk
- they look normal, not styled to be on camera
- Phil's face when Cat's commenting 'I'm the guys will be relieved to have the place to themselves...a little bit' :rofl: and the awkward try to save the situation

ieatbooks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ieatbooks »

Can't link because I use Tapatalk and it's complicated and blah blah, but Dan being excited about their new trash can in today's (7/14/15) live show made me laugh and think of this thread.
"Actually, highlight of the day, me and Phil got a new bin, that's right people we got a new trash can for the kitchen."

hyliandeity
Informer
Informer

Post by hyliandeity »

ahh this thread is so cute ; u ;
[youtube][/youtube]
Only vaguely domestic but I just think it's adorable how Dan says "are you making me food?" (+ casual looking Phil yes please) ofc eating together is a friend thing as well, but it's just sweet how their lives are so intertwined with each others with tiny things like this. Also in Phil's newest video 'THE CHEESE CHALLENGE' It was funny to see Dan introduced just as 'so I got Dan to go out and get some food', when often they will say 'my friend danisnotonfire' or 'my friend Dan' so casual viewers aren't confused.

effy_eidechse
Informer
Informer

Post by effy_eidechse »

hyliandeity wrote:Only vaguely domestic but I just think it's adorable how Dan says "are you making me food?" (+ casual looking Phil yes please) ofc eating together is a friend thing as well, but it's just sweet how their lives are so intertwined with each others with tiny things like this. Also in Phil's newest video 'THE CHEESE CHALLENGE' It was funny to see Dan introduced just as 'so I got Dan to go out and get some food', when often they will say 'my friend danisnotonfire' or 'my friend Dan' so casual viewers aren't confused.
Hahaha, I loved that bit of liveshow so much. Cooking together or for another is really nice, it's not necessarily a couple thing, but definitely something which makes living together more homely.
The situational comedy is actually Dan 'needing to inflate this baby' and while he's blowing the dinosaur, you can hear Phil whistling in the background :rofl:
In the DITL Christmas Phil actually comes in when Dan is doing that 'Do you want me to leave you alone?'
ieatbooks wrote:Dan being excited about their new trash can in today's (7/14/15) live show made me laugh and think of this thread.
"Actually, highlight of the day, me and Phil got a new bin, that's right people we got a new trash can for the kitchen."
They buy a lot of stuff/furniture together. And they own a lot of things commonly (like the tripod, the red camera, the Mac). It makes sense to share the expensive equipment stuff, but they're investing a lot in stylish furniture together (the dining chairs, the extra chair in the living room, probably the coffee automat machine, everything in the office). No signs that they're aware that their living situation as two persons could be about to change any time soon.

Aww, I live for domestic D&P household :love2:
I really need a thread where I can dump in everything random, otherwise it'll end up here:

This was in Phil's tumblr faves:

ieatbooks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ieatbooks »

Inspired by the baking talk in the main thread: Dan and Phil share food!

Japan Haul- 4:13 and 11:30 for food sharing
[youtube][/youtube]
And bonus, at 2:17ish Dan holds up a cat and then says "Which one of us gets to keep this?" So you weren't making your purchases separately then boys?
And another bonus, at 9:40 Phil shows some post it notes and says he's gonna leave messages for Dan around the house.

Easter Baking- 11:20
[youtube][/youtube]
:22 for some Phil picking fluff out of Dan's hair

Obviously everyone has different food sharing rules, I consider it okay if I share DNA or saliva with someone. And the only person I would just take food from, or assume was sharing with me, without asking is my boyfriend. Just sayin' ;)

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

This type of fan video relaxes me; I love it as it helps me fall to sleep :D

[youtube][/youtube]
Credit:amazingfiru

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”