Meghan "Raised at Rallies" Rienks General Thread Part 10

illuminate
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meghan "Raised at Rallies" Rienks General Thread Part 10

Post by illuminate »

IAmBea wrote:I will be truly surpirsed the day she uploads a video with where the special guest isn'tone of her parents.

I've been wach a lot of Grace Helbig's videos(re-watching some I already watched and seeing others for the first time) and more than ever I could compare how hard Meghan tries to be like her.
She is like a mix of Jenna Marbles,Grace and Lily Singh gone wrong. the main difference is those 3 lovely women are actually
- smart (maybe that's when Meghan should stop with the ditzy girl act)
- funny
- talented
- Some of Grace's and Lily's videos actually have a postive message (Grace's response to ''Dear Fat People'' is one my favorites video she's ever made)
You know, I kind of agreed with Nicole Arbour's video until I just went and watched Grace's reply because you mentioned it. I used to be overweight, and I am tired of people not taking accountability for their weight and blaming everyone else or their thyroid or whatever. That stuff IS definitely wrong, and I think that's what Nicole was trying to get at. But Grace's video really changed my mind on a lot of the jokes, because she's right in that overweight people obviously know they're overweight...they don't need to be shamed about it. Maybe called out for bullshitting and playing the victim, but not being shamed for the very act of being fat.

THAT SAID, I think that if one group is open for comedy, ALL GROUPS ARE. No exceptions. I have a close family member who is trans, I hear people make trans jokes that I let roll off, and then they get offended when I make a fat joke (like, "can't climb the stairs", dumb simple stuff). Double standards should not exist when it comes to comedy.

Sorry to divert the subject, I just thought Grace's video was very interesting, thanks for recommending it.

theillusivewoman
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by theillusivewoman »

I'm tired of people thinking that you have to "take accountability" for how your body looks. I mean, if y'all would stop talking shit about people's bodies, which don't affect you in any way, maybe no one would feel the need to explain themselves and could just lead a happy life. And if you're annoyed just because you're asked to be considerate in order to not ruin someone else's entire day or week; if wanting to make a lame joke - no matter what exactly it is about - is more important to you than not hurting someone else's feelings, maybe you're just a shitty person.

And in any case, this really is not the right thread to discuss such matters, so you really shouldn't have started. Just my two cents.

charlavail
Informer
Informer

Post by charlavail »

I just looked at Meghan's October favorites for 2014 I believe and WOW the difference is kind of frightening. She looks so healthy compared to now. Also, with so many subscribers and so many shows all over youtube, you would think she would have gotten some type of TV or movie work? Even if it is just an online movie, like Lauren's.

Kamakazi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kamakazi »

Holy shit was she throwing a tantrum over missing her flight back to LA. It was most likely her own fault.
Those tweets to Delta were just catty and immature. So stupid, take responsibility Meghan.

brashumpire
Informer
Informer

Post by brashumpire »

Kamakazi wrote:Holy shit was she throwing a tantrum over missing her flight back to LA. It was most likely her own fault.
Those tweets to Delta were just catty and immature. So stupid, take responsibility Meghan.
Also, fucking first world problems. Yeah, it sucks but it happens all the time to everyone and its not the airline's flight usually.

theillusivewoman
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by theillusivewoman »

1. If you miss your flight, it's most likely your own fault. You're responsible for being at the airport in time.
2. How about complaining in a professional manner?

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CourtneyShane »

Where is she flying back from? BeautyCon?

Is she with an agency beside the lifestyle leg of CAA?

I wonder what her team is doing to get her auditions. The CAA deal is NOT for acting but surely she has someone else working for her for that.

brooklynbaby
Learner
Learner

Post by brooklynbaby »

CrystalC wrote:So Allie Marie Evans was cast in a movie; it's a YA book adaptation from James Patterson. An actual movie. Not a shitty web series with bad green screen like Megan can only get.
She wasn't cast in a YA movie. The digital rights to Maximum Ride were bought by Collective Digital Studios, a Youtube MCN. They are making an 8-episode web series using Youtube stars. Definitely not any more impressive than what Meghan's doing.

wickedknotty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wickedknotty »

Meghan went to beautycon NYC all by herself. She posted an IG of an empty table set for six and captioned it a table of all of my friends. She invited upper east siders to come see her at the Essie booth for DIY manicures.

Not one picture from the event with fans or otherwise. A lot of YT girls went as evidenced by multiple #squad photos. None seemed as big as Meghan (2mil) but all have over 100000 subs.

I enjoy those event photos as collabs have become pretty rare with the bigger YTers. What once was an opportunity to expose each other to different audiences is now a paid gig. It interests me to see who is friendly and who is not. Meghan didn't do anything except post a headless photo of her outfit while holding a bottle of nail polish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rqlst90
Learner
Learner

Post by rqlst90 »

Does Meghan have a roommate ? I just saw her snap saying #roomategoals so I'm curious? Was she not able to pay for the house on her own? Or was she just lonely and decided to have another soul live with heer

xoxo_nicole
Informer
Informer

Post by xoxo_nicole »

I honestly feel like Meghan had no friends and I feel really bad for her. I feel like 99.9% of the time she's by herself and when she's not by herself she's with her parents. Which isn't bad, I'm glad she has her parents in her life but I seriously feel like she has no real friends in her life- that's in LA I mean.

Sheabutter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sheabutter »

xoxo_nicole wrote:I honestly feel like Meghan had no friends and I feel really bad for her. I feel like 99.9% of the time she's by herself and when she's not by herself she's with her parents. Which isn't bad, I'm glad she has her parents in her life but I seriously feel like she has no real friends in her life- that's in LA I mean.
I get the same vibe from her. It must be hard to be that popular with youtube and knowing people out there would take advantage to get ahead. I know I wouldn't trust many, right off the bat at least.

xoxo_nicole
Informer
Informer

Post by xoxo_nicole »

Sheabutter wrote:
xoxo_nicole wrote:I honestly feel like Meghan had no friends and I feel really bad for her. I feel like 99.9% of the time she's by herself and when she's not by herself she's with her parents. Which isn't bad, I'm glad she has her parents in her life but I seriously feel like she has no real friends in her life- that's in LA I mean.
I get the same vibe from her. It must be hard to be that popular with youtube and knowing people out there would take advantage to get ahead. I know I wouldn't trust many, right off the bat at least.
Exactly. People want to hang out and collab so they can get her viewers but then you never see them again. It's sad because if anyone needs a genuine friend in their life, it's Meghan.

socks123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by socks123 »

I really don't wanna hear Meghan talk about Utah all day like its a forgin country. Yes Utah is great and people are friendly. So are most other states that these youtubers wouldn't dare visit.

Post by Guest »

socks123 wrote:I really don't wanna hear Meghan talk about Utah all day like its a forgin country. Yes Utah is great and people are friendly. So are most other states that these youtubers wouldn't dare visit.
But Utah is so "cute"! There was a dude on a tractor! Because there are no tractors/agriculture whatsoever in California!

socks123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by socks123 »

Seriously....... Wtf is wrong with her

lauralovescats09
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lauralovescats09 »

socks123 wrote:Seriously....... Wtf is wrong with her
She thinks this whole quirky dumb relatable vibe is so funny when actually it makes her look like a moron.

YoutubeIdiots101
Informer
Informer

Post by YoutubeIdiots101 »

She's milking that whole 'trip' to Utah just to get some quirky and 'quality' content :? Acting like she's so close to Aspyn... like no

talkwalk1414
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by talkwalk1414 »

I can't believe she was at the wedding

Lassymel
Learner
Learner

Post by Lassymel »

Sorry about the change of subject... But did anyone her in the awesomeness tv episode called flhaunt? I thought her acting was pretty good

Return to “Meghan Rienks”