Does anyone else get depressed watching Gigi's Vids?

Nukemoth
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Does anyone else get depressed watching Gigi's Vids?

Post by Nukemoth »

Ok, so I know this sounds ridiculous, but I have been watching Gigi and Trisha lately and I almost feel like it's some kind of self punishing ritual. They look like they are having so much fun and they buy all these expensive things. Whether it's because they come from money or because there youtube channels are successful, I can't help but feeling very envious. I work really hard to afford little designer trinkets for myself, and once I get myself something expensive you can bet I am not buying myself something nice again for a good long time. I swear though every video Gigi or Trisha post they have a new designer bag (That I could never afford in a million years) and then there very next video there on some expensive vacation. (The barbie suite thing killed me) DX

I'm not hating on them. It's there money (ostensibly), and they can spend it how they like, but does anyone else get depressed watching there videos because of there lavish lifestyles?

Also hi! It's been a while 8-) <3

EdgySequences
Debater
Debater

Re: Does anyone else get depressed watching Gigi's Vids?

Post by EdgySequences »

I feel depressed FOR them actually.
вє чσursєlf, єvєrчσnє єlsє ís tαkєn <3

youtubelover
Debater
Debater

Post by youtubelover »

I wouldn't be envious of them. They are just dumb girls who like to play wealthy and spend all their money on designer bags and 4000 dollar hotel rooms. I'm willing to bet they spend every cent they get and they probably have no savings of investments. I am sure they are having fun now but it won't last forever. The youtube gravy train will stop eventually and the money will run dry and reality is going to hit them like a brick.

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

I get depressed because I have to work and then I watch their days and they just giggle and shop and meet up with their friends. It is kind of sad. I don't think I want to be them specifically, but I want to be part of their "group."

I wouldn't live the same lifestyle even with the money, (which is why I am not material for a youtube channel), but I still wish I wasn't in my position when I watch their videos.

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

dollhouse wrote:I get depressed because I have to work and then I watch their days and they just giggle and shop and meet up with their friends. It is kind of sad. I don't think I want to be them specifically, but I want to be part of their "group."

I wouldn't live the same lifestyle even with the money, (which is why I am not material for a youtube channel), but I still wish I wasn't in my position when I watch their videos.
One more thing, Gigi is really pretty, and Trisha has so much makeup and so many costumes/clothes. It makes me wish I could be fun and creative with my look like they are (especially Trish). Gigi is still finding out who she is as a woman so a lot of what she does isn't as interesting to me as it might be to her, but I still wish I could get the beauty treatments, etc that she gets.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

dollhouse wrote:
dollhouse wrote:I get depressed because I have to work and then I watch their days and they just giggle and shop and meet up with their friends. It is kind of sad. I don't think I want to be them specifically, but I want to be part of their "group."

One more thing, Gigi is really pretty, and Trisha has so much makeup and so many costumes/clothes. It makes me wish I could be fun and creative with my look like they are (especially Trish). Gigi is still finding out who she is as a woman so a lot of what she does isn't as interesting to me as it might be to her, but I still wish I could get the beauty treatments, etc that she gets.

The happiness that you get from material things is short lived dahling. You can get all the beauty treatments, cocktails and designer clothes in the world and still be piss poor in the happiness department. Don't spend time envying others' lifestyles and use that time to move up in life.

Plus, you may see them shopping and having fun but there's plenty of shit that goes on behind the scenes of people's lives that they don't show. Comparing yourself to others can set yourself up for automatic failure and make you depressed.

karamel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by karamel »

i don't get depressed but i do get a little envious

Yoshi
Debater
Debater

Post by Yoshi »

I get a little envious because I have to save up for a long time to get myself something nice, but with them it's like their monthly (lbr with Trish it's like weekly but ANYWAY) gift to themselves. Then I remember I was taught that people that flaunt their wealth with expensive things are usually in credit card debt up to their tits unless they're loaded.

guruexposed
Learner
Learner

Post by guruexposed »

if it helps, buying those things bring short term happiness. In the long run will they be happy people? You take away all those material items from them and is Trisha a happy person? Most likely no, Gigi might be happy without the material items but neither have serious lives outside of those things and activities. It's one thing being able to afford expensive and luxury items and another to depend on them for happiness. This is why they buy soo much on a regular basis because that happiness does wear off. Mentally and emotionally that cannot be healthy for anyone, even famous people. You working hard now will pay off so you can really make those big purchases on a shopping spree not a haul or addiction. There are groups on other websites like reddit that have makeup or general shopping addiction. I would suggest stop watching haul, lookbook and favorites videos those are probably those are probably the most toxic to anyone. I'll give Gigi a slight pass as she know has to shop for her new identity. This cycle of fast girls living fast lives isn't anything new and will be washed up like the valley girls of the 80s and 90s.

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

guruexposed wrote:if it helps, buying those things bring short term happiness. In the long run will they be happy people? You take away all those material items from them and is Trisha a happy person? Most likely no, Gigi might be happy without the material items but neither have serious lives outside of those things and activities. It's one thing being able to afford expensive and luxury items and another to depend on them for happiness. This is why they buy soo much on a regular basis because that happiness does wear off. Mentally and emotionally that cannot be healthy for anyone, even famous people. You working hard now will pay off so you can really make those big purchases on a shopping spree not a haul or addiction. There are groups on other websites like reddit that have makeup or general shopping addiction. I would suggest stop watching haul, lookbook and favorites videos those are probably those are probably the most toxic to anyone. I'll give Gigi a slight pass as she know has to shop for her new identity. This cycle of fast girls living fast lives isn't anything new and will be washed up like the valley girls of the 80s and 90s.
Wow, so true.

ladygossip1

Post by ladygossip1 »

Lol go to Trisha's unboxing of the balinciaga and make yourself feel better.... It's a fake.. The tag inside should be metal not a piece of leather... Then watch her other vids and notice the obvious canal at knockoffs she has (on her dresser) or randomly in the room .. No doubt she has authentic ones.. But about 4 caught my eye as $200 fakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teebee9
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by teebee9 »

I get more envious than depressed, because I wish I could go shopping and just throw money at whatever I wanted. But I think it's ridiculous how they have to SHOW themselves blowing money on expensive items. I think it makes them feel better about themselves and having people be envious over it fuels their fire. I mean yeah, expensive bags, make up, shoes, whatever, is a lot of fun and I like shopping just as much as the next girly girl. But if you have to show off yourself doing it often, it says a lot about who you are. I would bet they have nothing in savings, if not a very meager amount in comparison to their spending habits. That's nothing to be envious of.

Nukemoth
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Nukemoth »

dollhouse wrote:
guruexposed wrote:if it helps, buying those things bring short term happiness. In the long run will they be happy people? You take away all those material items from them and is Trisha a happy person? Most likely no, Gigi might be happy without the material items but neither have serious lives outside of those things and activities. It's one thing being able to afford expensive and luxury items and another to depend on them for happiness. This is why they buy soo much on a regular basis because that happiness does wear off. Mentally and emotionally that cannot be healthy for anyone, even famous people. You working hard now will pay off so you can really make those big purchases on a shopping spree not a haul or addiction. There are groups on other websites like reddit that have makeup or general shopping addiction. I would suggest stop watching haul, lookbook and favorites videos those are probably those are probably the most toxic to anyone. I'll give Gigi a slight pass as she know has to shop for her new identity. This cycle of fast girls living fast lives isn't anything new and will be washed up like the valley girls of the 80s and 90s.
Wow, so true.
I totally agree with this and it made me feel a lot better :) although I might enjoy living Gigi's lifestyle occasionally I don't think I would want it to be an all encompassing part of my life. Like someone said in this thread if you binge watch he kardashians you may feel like you want to be like them for a little while, but at the end of the day I wouldn't want to be defined as being like the characters that Gigi or The Kardashians portray.

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

Lately GIGIs videos have been kind of boring .. Her style is very like Jersey shore/2009 inspired and it literally evokes 0 envy from me.

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

I'm pretty sure Gigi has a rich dad that can finance her if her money runs dry. As for Trisha, I heard she was in debt, yet she seems to be a hoarder, judging by a video of hers I saw a while back of how messy her apartment was with all this stuff she'd bought.

any_other
Lurker
Lurker

Post by any_other »

oops wrong thread!!

sparkles180
Learner
Learner

Post by sparkles180 »

EdgySequences wrote:I feel depressed FOR them actually.
Same here.

PiinkCritic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PiinkCritic »

I think that's what they hope for. It's a little bit of aspirational viewing. I even felt that way watching the hotel room video and I'm a 48 year old woman who is not at all hard up for money. It is just super self-indulgent. At first when you watch it seems harmless then it seems kind of dirty and vapid. Sure they should have fun but they are merciless in their airheadedness.
Someone needs to give dis bitch a makeover.

PiinkCritic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PiinkCritic »

RoseHammer wrote:
dollhouse wrote:

The happiness that you get from material things is short lived dahling. You can get all the beauty treatments, cocktails and designer clothes in the world and still be piss poor in the happiness department. Don't spend time envying others' lifestyles and use that time to move up in life.

Plus, you may see them shopping and having fun but there's plenty of shit that goes on behind the scenes of people's lives that they don't show. Comparing yourself to others can set yourself up for automatic failure and make you depressed.
Well said! I think they have deep and abiding personal issues to resolve and are in constant need of attention and material things. It fills the hole immediately but it's like a tooth cavity. After all the sugar, you are left with growing decay. I don't begrudge Gigi for embracing her femininity in the most basic and material ways at this point in her journey. Hair, makeup and clothes are super fun and make you feel extra girly! But I get sad for her. I wonder if she wants more. Maybe she struggled so much to get to this point, she is just going to cut loose and enjoy it. They both believe they will continue to grow as personalities and "stars" that is apparent. Fame doesn't make you happy. I don't think either one of them have the critical thinking skills or the self-examination to see it. Trisha's profile says "blonde but smart" but as of yet, I haven't seen it. I've seen some awesome narcissism though.
Someone needs to give dis bitch a makeover.

LLCNYC
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LLCNYC »

Depressed? Hell no. Born a man, wanting to be a woman, then crafting this fake persona? How will she swing being a woman when she's 80? You think all these "friends" are going to be around when it counts?

A truckload of Chanel bags can't fix fucked....

Return to “Gigi Gorgeous”