Booty Building Movements...

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Booty Building Movements...

Post by choochy »

So I have been working out however, my bum is not as defined as I would like. I do squats, lunges, ride my bike daily, but my bum isn't super duper enough. Does anyone have some suggestions on things/movements/exercises so I can have a nice round butt? Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllp! <3
:love2: :love2:

whatwut
Talker
Talker

Re: Booty Building Movements...

Post by whatwut »

When you do squats, are you going past the parallel? Also have you added any weights on? The best way to build butt muscle is a good deep squat with weights

http://stronglifts.com/squat/

You won't get bulky I promise. I don't have those bar weights, so I just use hand weights.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

whatwut wrote:When you do squats, are you going past the parallel? Also have you added any weights on? The best way to build butt muscle is a good deep squat with weights

http://stronglifts.com/squat/

You won't get bulky I promise. I don't have those bar weights, so I just use hand weights.
Second this! I've worked up to holding my 8 pound dumbells when I do deep squats and my flat bum is getting more perky and bootylicious by the day. You have to really feel that stretch and burn in your glutes and hamstrings when you go down.

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by choochy »

awesome, thank you. I have been doing the squats, ass to the grass with 8 lbs in each hand but understand the more weight, the better. :)

I hear that stairs, 2 at a time can be good, ...I just wanna have them buns of nice. :)
:love2: :love2:

whatwut
Talker
Talker

Post by whatwut »

choochy wrote:awesome, thank you. I have been doing the squats, ass to the grass with 8 lbs in each hand but understand the more weight, the better. :)

I hear that stairs, 2 at a time can be good, ...I just wanna have them buns of nice. :)
You just gotta up the weight. The stairs stuff is good too. But it's pretty widely agreed that squats are the best if you're trying to get a bigger butt. Make sure you're increasing the amount of weight you're using every two weeks. And take progress pictures! It's hard to judge otherwise weather you've made progress or not.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

If you want large glutes squat the maximum weight you can for only 5 reps. 5x5: 5 sets of 5 reps at your highest weight. This increases strength and also muscle mass.

cris3663
Lurker
Lurker

Post by cris3663 »

search brett contreras on youtube, he's got a handful of exercises for the glutes that work like a charm! :D

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Another tip is before you do ANY glute exercise start with 4x6 barbell hip thrusts. These actively and singularly target your glutes and ensure they are engaged for future exercises.
Also I have found that you really need to make the mental to muscle connection. Squeeze the glutes at the top (or bottom depending on the exercise) of each rep and really think and focus on the muscle you are targeting.

manu_voo
Informer
Informer

Post by manu_voo »

Deadlifts and hip raises are also good exercises

Return to “Fitness”