The 100

HatsuneMiku
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The 100

Post by HatsuneMiku »

SAME! Ever since I saw the first episode on netflix, I've been hooked!
It's kind of cliche but it just draws you in for some reason. <3

ASunnyDay
Talker
Talker

Post by ASunnyDay »

I CANT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TO FINN. I thought the 100 would be unrealistic and keep the main cast alive but I guess not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

I like the show a lot, too. I don't find it too teen-y? What teen dynamics do you think is in the show? There are love triangles, but that's literally in every kind of show. Even Disney pre-teen shows have love triangles.

I prefer it over some adult survival shows where everyone has sex with everyone and it's all 'complicated' because of that :roll: just have a mass orgy and get the sexual tension over with :? so we can actually continue with an actual plot.

Ideally what happen will be that the Grounders, Sky People (this seems lame... is there another term for them? Can't call them 100 anymore since most of them died/the adults are on Earth too), and Mt. Weather will combine together after eliminating the bad eggs in Mt. Weather. Each group has valuable skills to rebuild society. I guess that'll happen in the end.

I don't 100% get the Reapers... I thought they were mutated people but it seems like they're remnants of people who were experimented on in Mt. Weather? But then they can 'turn' Lincoln into a Reaper???
And why does Mt. Weather give up almost dead experiment subjects for them to... eat(???)? I would think they would wipe them out because mutated people can be a threat to their livelihood when they're finally able to go outside.

v_illa
Informer
Informer

Post by v_illa »

finally caught up on the show and i'm so glad I decided to keep watching! I thought the first season was boring and really cliche but the second season is like 100x better. Tbh I'm glad they killed off finn, his character was annoying, pointless and he was probably the worst actor on the show XD

so far my reaper theory is that they are 'let go' instead of being killed off

a.) to act as warning/obstacle for the grounders. The grounders will see what the mt weather people can do to their people so they will be scared to retaliate or attack mt weather. Likewise by having them out in the open they act as another enemy, so instead of (the grounders) focusing all their energy on trying to save their own from mt weather they have to worry about the reapers who act as a land enemy (since mt weather people can't go on land)

b.) i think having them live is the only way the mt weather leader allowed the experiments to take place. Yeah its a very small difference when you're giving them such a shitty life vs death but he seems to have more of a conscience

in regards to lincoln being turned into a reaper it looked like he was showing signs of rabies, so either that was caused by the drug they were injecting him with or they infected him before letting him out

as a side note I REALLY hope they shave off lincoln's beard....ew :?

Bambam
Debater
Debater

Post by Bambam »

It's getting more interesting as they slowly introduce more groups of people into the show.

I thought the first series was so boring and I could not understand WHY the 100 was renewed and the Tomorrow People was cancelled.

The 100 is one of my fave shows at the moment. Lots of twists. I hope Emergency Awesome starts doing episode videos like he does for shows like Arrow, Flash, Walking Dead, Agents of Shield etc.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

Ok, I think I made a mistake...

I thought the Reapers and the Grounders who were used for their blood were the same for some reason.
I remember in an earlier ep where Clark and someone saw a pile of them in a cart, still alive. And I thought Grounders were eating them.

But then for some reason when I saw the ep where Mt. Weather deposits Clark and Anya in a cart I thought they somehow become Reapers.

OK, so I think Reapers are just mutated humans.

Now I think Mt Weather turns some people into Reapers as another method of seeing how they can survive on Earth... injecting Grounders (who can survive radiation) with more radiation (or something) to see if they can survive it. But the side effect is that they seem to have rabies-like affects on them as another poster theorized. Maybe their doing this because it's possible that the Earth can become more radiated (because of those toxic fogs and stuff that suddenly come).

And ok, I'm also seeing the teenager mentality you guys are talking about. For example, the kids celebrating being on Earth vs the adults who quickly decide to set up ways to survive when they landed. Not different from Lord of the Flies, where the boys were fearless and having fun at the beginning of the book vs Lost where the adults took everything seriously from the beginning.

v_illa
Informer
Informer

Post by v_illa »

^ yeah it seems like mt weather takes the grounders and separates them into people who will be used for their blood and ones who will become reapers.

what annoys me with clarke is how we're supposed to believe she is this amazingly gifted healer.... anything she knows she would have only learned through observing her mom and even with that she would be long out of practice since she spent who knows how long in the bunker on the ark

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

i hate to say but this show is starting to work my nerves...much like PPL, every week they have a "plan" and every week some shit gets in the way and it goes wrong ugh

Civild
Learner
Learner

Post by Civild »

Spoiler for season 2 episode 14

have you guys seen this yet? Tumblr is going crazy over it.

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

^^ well..it could be said that is not what it looks like..as in romantic (i have no problem if it is ) but i felt like the last few episodes she was fawning over bellami (since she has been so distracted by him like she was fin)

This ought to be interesting considering if it is a romantic gesture that is well received that would seal the deal on the grounders and the sky ppl working/living in unison if any of them make it out alive during this "war". Hope they dont kill off bellami though now, He seems to have matured quite a bit and seems to be more capable of being a stronger,patient leader. Clarke's mom is getting hella annoying to me though..actually a lot of the adult sky ppl are annoying..weirdly they stupidly think if they just play the sitting duck game no one is going to bother or give a shit about them.

I also hope in the future the group starts to break up more and discover more, new areas, groups of ppl etc.

Civild
Learner
Learner

Post by Civild »

I hope it isn't a romantic gesture, mostly because I want Clarke to end up with Bellamy. I think the kiss will probably be something to seal a deal, or show Clarke's loyalty. I also think that Lexa nor Clarke have not shown any romantic interest in each other in the past episodes.
Clarke's mom has been annoying me too. I don't like how the adults don't listen to the kids, and don't understand that the kids know more about whats happening than the adults.
Maybe (probably season 3) when they stop fighting the Mt Weather people, they'll start looking around for more people who either survived from the Ark, or maybe the City of Light survivors.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

Part 1 Season Final spoilers
I honestly can't believe Lexa made a deal with the MM?!?!?!?!??!! That was a stupid deal. She's a WARRIOR, she would have fought and killed them all. I would think that Lexa would have tried killing all the MM, even the innocent children and people who helped, by releasing the defenses that protect radiation but not just give up.
I think this was just a stupid way for the show to get Clarke to single-handedly bring them down, which is stupid and annoying. It would be more uplifting if the alliance worked and they brought them down together. Even the people from the Arc just shrugged and walked away. Seriously? After everything they've done? They weren't angry that their people are going to die, but cool because the grounders' people are free?
I thought Lexa had another plan, but she just noped out of there.

And I thought Lexa was going to die after separating with Clarke. Since the actress got another job, everyone think she's going to die soon.
I remember with the gorilla incident she talked about her soul finding the next commander, and I think that's a sign she's going to die. And itll be manipulated somehow so that maybe Octavia or Lincoln becomes the commander or something and then there'll be a shitstorm around that. It would be interesting if Octavia becomes the Commander since she's not a grounder. But I'd like Lincoln if it has to be a grounder. There's honestly no other grounder on the show who would make an interesting commander, unless they introduce someone out of no where. I'll be sad to see Lexa go if she really does die. I hope we'll just see less of her rather than having her die.

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

i cant believe that happened! but it did create more interest for me..i was gunning for everyone to get along but i guess if they played it out that way then there wouldnt be much of a storyline...i just kinda hope none of the main leads die..kinda nervous about that

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

Finale thoughts!
So glad Lexa didn't die. Looks like due to the deal, they'll just deal less or not at all with the Grounders. So Lexa will probably guest star here and there. I'd like to see her more because it's kind of crappy if she just appears for like 2 episodes the next season after that big deal about kissing Clarke.
But I got a feeling the focus will be on the City of Lights.
I'm not sure where the story will lead with the AI... It's a bit typical... AI was used to help humankind and ends up making the logic that killing all the humans = saving them because humans are threats to themselves. We've seen this story line in a bunch of movies and many TV shows even do an episode or two on that. It looks like next season's battle is man vs. machine... somehow...
I don't know how Clarke will fit in in all this. If she even wants to be a part of another fight. This time it's with machines though.

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

well i did want the groups to separate more...but i was surprised that it was only clarke who left...i was also waiting on jasper to just slash one of them out of anger. But i guess it makes sense bc im sure that clarke will somehow stumble upon the city of lights. Yes, i think next season will focus on the city of lights and the machines/futuristic type shit...not so sure it will be up my alley though but i'll still watch.

I also think that camp jaha and the grounders will probably make small appearances here and there as they show them building their own community.

cant wait for next season tho to see what happens!

Civild
Learner
Learner

Post by Civild »

I know this probably won't happen, but I really want season 3 to focus on Murphy and Jaha, I honestly don't care for Clarke anymore and Murphy has become one of my favorite characters. I also don't think there is much story to add to the Camp Jaha group, Clarke might have a tiny story, but it can't be that interesting.

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

octavia is my favorite...so naturally i'd like to see her more often but she'll prolly become some kind of background character...bellamy has also grown on me ...but yeah im pretty much over clarke...shes too predictable.

jwolf5554
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jwolf5554 »

I guess I'm in the minority but Clarke is my favorite. They have made her VERY flawed but she's had to deal with SO much in so little time in a leadership role. I just don't want to see Clarke and her people separated for too long because that would just be a repeat of the beginning of season 2. I also love Kane and Bellamy and am excited to see how their relationship unfolds, especially after their rough start in season 2. I personally loved how Lincoln defended Clarke and was there for her until he was taken by the grounders after she showed her loyalty to him by saving his life.

wild_heart101
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wild_heart101 »

I freaking love this show. Seriously.

jwolf5554
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jwolf5554 »

wild_heart101 wrote:I freaking love this show. Seriously.
Couldn't agree more!!!! <3

Return to “Sci-Fi”