Any thoughts about this "guru".

stargazer
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Yazmakeupartist

Post by stargazer »

She's such a sad case and not attractive at all. She is always ranting on her blog about how her parents want her to get married because she's getting older, and she justifies staying single because she claims she "wouldn't have opportunities to travel if she was married." Which is BS because plenty of people travel when they're married, they just travel with their spouses which is even better. Seems like she's just making up dumb excuses for why she can't find a man. She said she's waiting for the right guy but seems like she's just picky as hell. She should take a look in the mirror if she think she's perfect and entitled to the best. A guy can just as easily reject her for not being "right" aka not up to standards.

Minayoki
Learner
Learner

Post by Minayoki »

I don't find her to be helpful as a guru. To me all she does is show off her make up. She uses products that most can't find here in the UK. She is for sure not attractive. Her upload routine is terrible. No schedule. she does whatever whenever she wants to. She's not a qualified make up artist. She's a secretary or a personal assistant. And that shows through her videos. Because she doesn't teach you anything. I find her looks repetitive.

That glam winter/ thanksgiving make up tutorial?? What the hell was that.

And yes I dislike that too! I think she's almost 30. They're your parents they want what's best for you. I don't understand why she's dishing about them all over the Internet. Like what is the Internet going to do for you? All it is, is painting you out pathetic cos your blasting your parents. It's not that they're forcing her to marry one person it's just they want her marry, I'm guessing she has a choice. I think she did a youtube video on it but I think she took it off. who does she thinks she is.

stargazer
Learner
Learner

Post by stargazer »

Wait she's a secretary?! Didn't know that. Here she is making it seem like she's some fancy full-time pro makeup artist who is jet-setting to countries to do makeup for her clients :? . I That's the image that she is so desperately trying to give off. Yeah her makeup tutorials are so sub-standard, there's really nothing exciting or fresh about her ideas. And honestly they are not flattering makeup tutorials. All that high-end makeup and she still can't do flattering tutorials. You can tell she is definitely only there to brag about all the high-end makeup she owns... maybe to make herself feel better about her empty life? The way she bashes her parents shows what a brat she is. She thinks she's so wise and right about everything, as if her parents don't know anything about life. That's not the kind of behavior you'd expect from a 30 year old. How does she even fund her fake extravagant lifestyle and high-end makeup as a secretary?

Minayoki
Learner
Learner

Post by Minayoki »

Yeah! she works as a secretary/p.a by day as for as I know.. If you go through her old vids she seems a lot more down to earth but now its horrible. Her ego is over inflated.

I stalked her blog and found the posts dedicated to her whole thing about not wanting to get married. The most recent one she deleted maybe due to the backlash.

This is an older post about the same topic: http://www.missbeautyadikt.co.uk/2013/1 ... ndesi.html

"I personally have faced so much pressure because one by one you see your cousins, friends, etc, all getting married and starting families. Sometimes you feel as if you are frozen in time because things haven’t progressed. I have learnt after so many years that progression comes in different forms. As some of you may know i took a year out and went travelling around Asia and central America and then also spent a year living in Argentina and Spain. These were experiences i will never forget and sometimes i look back and think, if i had been married, i never would have had the chance to do that."

" My mother has been asking me incessantly do i never want to get married or when am i going to get married. I feel as though she always forgets and puts this insane amount of pressure on me when its sort of out of my hands. Shall i just put an advert up on my car saying husband wanted, call to enquire"

***CORRECTION. Yes you could have done all those things with your husband. Pathetic excuses. No one is forcing you to get married, just because your relatives are and your parents would like you too, doesn't mean you can bash them on the internet. The disrespect. The internet should not be used to air out your dirty laundry.

^this is gross.

stargazer
Learner
Learner

Post by stargazer »

That is such a lame rant from her. It's not "out of her hands" because it does take effort to find someone it's not like Prince Charming just falls into a girl's lap. I think she's just fishing for sympathy. Just like her video about having a dark complexion and how her family mistreated her for that. Woe is me. As if no one could have it worse in the world. And yeah that makeup look is disgusting as fuck, the foundation job is awful and it looks like she isn't wearing any primer or setting powder. If she's working as a secretary then maybe she didn't even go to uni. I have never seen her mention attending uni.

Minayoki
Learner
Learner

Post by Minayoki »

In an old Q&A video she said she was currently at uni and she was 27 then.

This is what i recalled: she worked at boots, when she was 17 and then went to uni and her course was languages. Half way through her university course she decided to take some years out to work in the make up industry, on her site she says she has 7+ years of experience in MAC, bobbi brown etc (Yeah right) and then after her make up work, she continued with university. And she's done now. And works as a p.a.

Where did this 7+ experience of make up come from if from the time line she's given would only give her 2-3 years time out of university.

Yeah I remember hearing her say that stuff about having a dark complexion. And you're right it's all for sympathy. It's 2014..no one is against women of colour. She's just trying to make her target audience feel for her so they watch her videos. But on me It has the opposite effect. No only does her make up skills put me off. But her constant need for wanting to sympathy is transparent.

And I get the greed vibe off her too. Like when she gets products sent for review...she genuinely doesn't love doing make up because if she did I would see tonnes of videos from her with actually helpful tips. It's all for show.

Post by Guest »

^ do you live under a rock? Woc are still being bashed, it's internalised to the very core

Minayoki
Learner
Learner

Post by Minayoki »

For your information, i am a woc, so I can tell you that there's major improvements to the make up industry to accommodate woc. Don't tell me I live under a rock. There are more brands like Nars and Mac helping to pave the way for woc and is shaping the beauty industry so that it recognises there are many definitions of beauty instead of a one size fits all approach.

My point was towards a youtuber who uses her complexion to gain sympathy. Which Is something I don't feel comfortable with.

Don't understand why you feel so offended. When my point is talking about Youtuber manipulating her complexion for views.

Post by Guest »

'No one is against woman of colour' Is what I am referring to, nothing about what mac stores
You don't know what she's faced in throughout her life- it is still very alive today. I can talk loads on this topic cos I've got soooo many stupid comments about it but I cba to argue with a super defensive post

Minayoki
Learner
Learner

Post by Minayoki »

The-truth wrote:'No one is against woman of colour' Is what I am referring to, nothing about what mac stores
You don't know what she's faced in throughout her life- it is still very alive today. I can talk loads on this topic cos I've got soooo many stupid comments about it but I cba to argue with a super defensive post
1) So you can't be bothered to argue with a super defensive post but you started this by asking me whether or not I live under a rock?

2) If you're referring to the point I made about "No one is against women of colour" then stick to it. Because you're also telling me I don't know what she's faced throughout her life at the same time? When
a) She exposes her life on Youtube
b) She's saying it's her family who mistreated her for having a dark complexion. ( Her "Mistreatment" was comments about her skintone because she went abroad and got tanned, I don't find that very plausible when she's bashing her parents on old blog posts)
c) This is the trash a guru section. If i feel as though a guru is being shady for whatever reason I won't hold back from posting it here. And you won't either when you're posting about another guru?

3) I truly am sorry for the experiences you went through regarding your skintone. I understand why you feel sensitive and hurt towards my comment. But your experiences and Yazmakeupartist's mistreament is spectrums apart, hence why I don't feel comfortable with her saying that. I understand, society is still institutionally racist, and of course the fashion industry follows suit. We are all are aware, but instead of looking at the negatives, I look forward to the fact that yes slowly woc are slowly being included. Of course it's not equal opportunities but it's still a start.

4) If you genuinely wanted to get your point across to me, you could have said it differently. I'm open to other perspectives but if you're firing at me with "Do you live under a rock?" what would you expect?

Post by Guest »

Are you seriously offended by the rock xomment
Blah baH humbug

Minayoki
Learner
Learner

Post by Minayoki »

You seem to not care anymore? You said your point I said mine, I apologised if it offended you. If you have nothing to contribute about the guru, you might as well leave cos you cba bothered to argue with super defensive post.

Return to “U-Z”