Youtubers & Project Pan / Project Panners

genericusername
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Youtubers & Project Pan / Project Panners

Post by genericusername »

Anybody watch dolledupdaisy24's update? The poor girl! I can't even imagine going through all that! It's easy for me to judge her decision on going back but I genuinely wish the best for her. It always seemed like youtube was a good escape for her so hopefully coming back is a way for her to have an outlet again.

vanillablue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillablue »

No I havent... i'm just going over there to check it out... I knew she had a baby and suffered from post natal depression...hope everythings fine...

i've stopped watching makeup videos and im decluttering my feed regularly & finding other things to watch instead of panners...I even unsubscribed from prettypistol86! not sure for how long haha

Post by Guest »

I saw Dolledupdaisy's update and I felt so bad for her. I always thought she was a genuinely kind person (even with the makeup addiction), but I think she got her priorities in order when she found out she was pregnant. She seemed excited to be a mom. To hear that her husband just seemed to wake up one day right before the birth and dump her like she was nothing really brought tears to my eyes. It reminded me of all these YT girls like Michele1218 and shadesofkassie where their husbands decided to have affairs and peace out in a humiliating way...
I really hope Branden or whatever his name is wakes up. He's a husband and father, not a frat boy. I feel like having a kid young scared the shit out of him. If I remember correctly he is 25-26... maybe he wasn't emotionally mature enough for that level of responsibility. She just posted that she turned 26 a few days ago.

vanillablue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillablue »

Dolledupdaisy seems confident but not confident enough to let go of her 'husband'. I can understand because she wants her child to have his father in his life and it would be ideal. But it always will play on her mind. I respect her decision though. Just dont want her wasting her life.

Do you guys still watch the panners? I'm getting bored at the moment with all the diff titles etc. I'll just subscribe and unsubscribe as and when.

CassieAnne
Informer
Informer

Post by CassieAnne »

I had to pop in to rant about the different projects. why do they feel the need to come up with so many different names?? i'm annoyed.

Inspiteof
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Inspiteof »

CassieAnne wrote:Strwberrysweet is always buying/decluttering. Just like megsmakeup who I DESPISE.
I know this post is old, so I'm not sure if you are still around to reply, but I wonder why you don't like Megsmakeup. ???

Inspiteof
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Inspiteof »

xyz wrote:^^ who are you talking about?

....also...you do realize that these ppl are putting themselves out there on their own free will as "public figures" of sorts right? So clearly, ppl are going to have opinions about them and what they put out there? if they don't like it they made need to consider taking themselves off the internet and exposing their lives to the world?
I'm trying to read the thread from the beginning. So, this comment was posted I believe in the fourth or so page. Point is, it's quite old. But, whatever... I got nothing better to do with my time.

Anyways, I don't agree that just because someone puts themselves out there, it's okay for other people to say whatever they want about them. Yes, you physically can say whatever you want about someone. You even can do that when they don't put themselves out there. You can do this because no one can do anything to you in order to silence you. I know people talk a big game about laws against verbal attacks, but let's be real... most people who verbally attack someone can do it, and get away with it. But, that doesn't make it right. It's still a verbal attack. It's still an attack. You can excuse yourself by saying that whatever you're saying is an opinion. You can excuse yourself by saying that they put themselves out there. But, it's still an attack. Also, people aren't stupid... there is a difference between an opinion and just saying something negative; basically constructive vs. non-constructive opinions. So, you can't really go around saying that either. I mean you can, like I said no one can stop you. But, like I also said... people aren't stupid.

Now, in saying that... I'm not against people verbally attacking, saying something negative about someone else. Mainly, I'm not against it because we can get away with it. It's that simple. If we can do it, why not do it? But, I really do not care for people who attempt to find some self-righteous justification for this. It's you being negative. It's you saying something negative. It's you verbally attacking someone. It's you saying something that is not right, in the sense that it's not productive and probably even destructive to the person that it's about, and shouldn't be said. It's not an opinion. It's not okay because the person put themselves out there. No! None of that! Don't hide behind that. If you want to call someone a bitch, just say it.

As for bullying, that's where I think it get tricky. Some people take this act too far because there is no regulation and punishment for It. It's bad enough that someone has the right to talk shit about someone's teeth, or whatever. But, some poeple are pushing the boundaries.

Inspiteof
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Inspiteof »

By the way, what do you all think of Elle S' new video; Lipstick Declutter: Parody?

CassieAnne
Informer
Informer

Post by CassieAnne »

Inspiteof wrote:
CassieAnne wrote:Strwberrysweet is always buying/decluttering. Just like megsmakeup who I DESPISE.
I know this post is old, so I'm not sure if you are still around to reply, but I wonder why you don't like Megsmakeup. ???
She's not a Panner!! She's all over the place...One minute she's on a no buy and the next minute she's hauling hundreds of dollars worth of stuff. Maybe she's changed..but that's how she was. Oh and she steals ideas and never gives credit.

CassieAnne
Informer
Informer

Post by CassieAnne »

Inspiteof wrote:By the way, what do you all think of Elle S' new video; Lipstick Declutter: Parody?
It was funny! Im surprised she did it though because she always seems so worried about upseting people.

Inspiteof
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Inspiteof »

CassieAnne wrote:
Inspiteof wrote:By the way, what do you all think of Elle S' new video; Lipstick Declutter: Parody?
It was funny! Im surprised she did it though because she always seems so worried about upseting people.
I know, right? She wears her heart on her sleeves, and has made many videos on how she felt insecure about comments, or so-and-so. She made one video in particular about how the community was mean to her after she made another video asking why people are disliking her videos, or why are people in the comments being mean. Something along those lines. And now here is this video, where she is making fun of other people. I'm sure she was making fun of herself too, but come on, when we make jokes we don't apply our own jokes to ourselves, because "we're the exception", lol. So, I'm sure deep down she feels/thinks the same. :D

It was funny. And true. So, I liked the video too.

The video made me feel proud of her, because she seems like she is finally comfortable enough in her own skin. It sounds to me like she has been bullied in her life, and felt different, isolated because of that. And now, she has broken feel of that burden. But, at the same time I feel like a lot of Youtubers start off with insecurities. And when they start getting a following (I hate that term, whatever), they start breaking free of that insecurity. Which is great. But, some go further and just become arrogant assholes. So, hopefully that won't happen to her.

CassieAnne
Informer
Informer

Post by CassieAnne »

Inspiteof wrote:
CassieAnne wrote:
I know, right? She wears her heart on her sleeves, and has made many videos on how she felt insecure about comments, or so-and-so. She made one video in particular about how the community was mean to her after she made another video asking why people are disliking her videos, or why are people in the comments being mean. Something along those lines. And now here is this video, where she is making fun of other people. I'm sure she was making fun of herself too, but come on, when we make jokes we don't apply our own jokes to ourselves, because "we're the exception", lol. So, I'm sure deep down she feels/thinks the same. :D

It was funny. And true. So, I liked the video too.

The video made me feel proud of her, because she seems like she is finally comfortable enough in her own skin. It sounds to me like she has been bullied in her life, and felt different, isolated because of that. And now, she has broken feel of that burden. But, at the same time I feel like a lot of Youtubers start off with insecurities. And when they start getting a following (I hate that term, whatever), they start breaking free of that insecurity. Which is great. But, some go further and just become arrogant assholes. So, hopefully that won't happen to her.
I hope this was a turning point for her too! i'd love to see her do more funny videos like that. a project pan parody? or an empties parody? that would be funny. i think she could do it if she wanted to. and it's nice to see more than the same old panning vids.

Inspiteof
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Inspiteof »

CassieAnne wrote:I hope this was a turning point for her too! i'd love to see her do more funny videos like that. a project pan parody? or an empties parody? that would be funny. i think she could do it if she wanted to. and it's nice to see more than the same old panning vids.
You should recommend that to her. The project pan parody edition sounds genius. I feel like because the project pan community is a fairly new community (2013, maybe) that people don't really find fault in it. Unlike the traditional beauty community, which has been around since Youtube has been created, people find many faults in that community. But, nothing is perfect, and I'm sure there is some fault with project panners. Like I said I've been trying to read this whole thread, and some of the posters make good points. That cycle of buying, feeling bad, project panning, decluttering, and buying again makes complete sense. So, why not poke fun at that? Or maybe even have a serious discussion about that? Because hoarding is a mental illness at the end of the day. Okay, I'm being too serious. It's probably just better to make fun, lol.

Going back to the video...
... the only thing I was a little confused by (It's not that I didn't like it) was that I commented in that video, and she never replied. She always replies to my comments. It's not a big deal. I'm not heartbroken by it, or totally angered. But, still... it's not like the video got a ton of views, therefore a ton of comments that my comment got lost in the comment section. Granted, my comment got liked, so she probably just liked it, and didn't reply to it. Or maybe she will reply, but it's a pretty "old" video by this point. So, I doubt it. Like her, I'm insecure and I wear my insecurities on my sleeve. So, lol... really this speaks to my insecurity more than her not commenting.

CassieAnne
Informer
Informer

Post by CassieAnne »

Inspiteof wrote:
CassieAnne wrote:I hope this was a turning point for her too! i'd love to see her do more funny videos like that. a project pan parody? or an empties parody? that would be funny. i think she could do it if she wanted to. and it's nice to see more than the same old panning vids.
You should recommend that to her. The project pan parody edition sounds genius. I feel like because the project pan community is a fairly new community (2013, maybe) that people don't really find fault in it. Unlike the traditional beauty community, which has been around since Youtube has been created, people find many faults in that community. But, nothing is perfect, and I'm sure there is some fault with project panners. Like I said I've been trying to read this whole thread, and some of the posters make good points. That cycle of buying, feeling bad, project panning, decluttering, and buying again makes complete sense. So, why not poke fun at that? Or maybe even have a serious discussion about that? Because hoarding is a mental illness at the end of the day. Okay, I'm being too serious. It's probably just better to make fun, lol.

Going back to the video...
... the only thing I was a little confused by (It's not that I didn't like it) was that I commented in that video, and she never replied. She always replies to my comments. It's not a big deal. I'm not heartbroken by it, or totally angered. But, still... it's not like the video got a ton of views, therefore a ton of comments that my comment got lost in the comment section. Granted, my comment got liked, so she probably just liked it, and didn't reply to it. Or maybe she will reply, but it's a pretty "old" video by this point. So, I doubt it. Like her, I'm insecure and I wear my insecurities on my sleeve. So, lol... really this speaks to my insecurity more than her not commenting.
She tends to be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally late with comment replies imo! I've had comment replies a week or more later. i wouldn't worry about it.

what other panners do you watch?

Inspiteof
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Inspiteof »

If you're referring to dedicated project panners, it's as followed;
- Crimson Feather: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCu-UtPgVEiVrWnvCCWhq2Pg
- Nicolle Maria: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCOvYTmI2RVAR-4z9Hg6Bbpg
- Elle S, of course.
There are my top three.

The rest are new to me, and I'm still trying to figure out if I like watching them or not. But, so far I like them.
- Roni G; https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCnWV7MYp2hhKMa2ugMg9AeA
- Danibo; https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCVCxcG_OZ55K2ryokv8BYnA
- Christine Chantal: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCkdxUzzHiZ_fPzfLREIsFrQ
She is the only one that is going cruelty free, which is great because I'm cruelty free too. Being cruelty free isn't a strict preference, because I'm looking for personality more than lifestyle, but I feel like sometimes people who aren't cruelty free make fun of people who are. To be honest, as much as I love Elle S, she even has made a comment or two. So, I like when a Youtuber is cruelty free. It's a nice touch, I guess.

- Cheap Thrills/Thrifty Beauty: It took me awhile to realize these two usernames belonged to the same person.
- MegsMakeup is cool too
- Jacquelyn Lovene: To be honest, I don't think I will subscribe to her. I watch her, but I haven't subscribe to her. It's nothing against her. It's just whenever I watch her I think she is so damn perfect. It's not a bad thing for her, but it is for me because I'm far from perfect, lol. This might be a stupid question, but did she start the concept of project panning?

As for people who project pan and do other videos, it's as followerd;
- KingStimp: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC81D6hGGf0M0hyVbjJhnIww
- Amber's Beauty Chair: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCYUyW4c7B1OrcOFN2O9YQr

Inspiteof
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Inspiteof »

So, this is a rant, just for fair warning.

For a hot minute I was subscribed to Just Buy The Makeup and KitschSnitch, but I unsubscribe to them, because I made a comment in their duo channel called Beauty News, and it didn't go down so well.

In case someone doesn't know, Beauty News is a channel hosted by two ladies that talk about makeup, and they break makeup. Anyways...

...I understand that just because you're putting yourself out there, doesn't mean anyone can say and/or do whatever they want. I also understand the difference between constructive criticism and respectfully sharing an opinion vs. being negative and verbally attacking someone. Overall, I think I'm a good commenter. I'm not a fucking troll, and/or hater. On top of all that, these Youtubers make videos and say things in these videos that inspire conversation. If they can ignorantly tell their viewers to fucking get a job, so that they can buy makeup like them, because apparently every job gives you the same amount of income, then people can share their opinion against that. If people want to say that buying makeup to just break it is pointless, it's within everyone's right. They honestly claim that they're doing these videos to "help" their viewers. Apparently, it has nothing to do with the explosion of comments and/or the views. They claim that they didn't even know that would happen.

Granted, none of what I said above was what my comment was about.

They said something about how they were getting really badly harassed in the comments, because they break makeup. And I made a comment saying that there is a different between getting negativity and getting hate. People calling them, "Dumb, rich, white bitches" is negativity. Being told to kill yourself is hate. Basically, my comment was expressing that some Youtubers claim that every comment is a "hate comment" when sometimes it's just someone being negative. Like I said above, negative comments are bad. It's not good to comment to someone and say that they look ugly. But, those are not examples of "hate comments" in which the comment says to go kill yourself. On top of that, sometimes a comment isn't even a negative comment. It's just someone commenting their opinion as respectfully as they can. That's along the lines of what I told them. And they basically told me that they get "hate comments" like the ones I expressed, but that they're not shown becuase they're really good at catching and deleting these comments before anyone reads them. Honestly, I don't believe them that they get comments like this, and that they are deleted before really seen. And even if they are telling the truth, they informed me of this with such mockery that it's hard to sympathize with them.

I just felt like the odd person out. Everyone seems to like them, and here I am expressing something against them. I'm trying my best to be respectful during my expression, but at the end of the day... comments like mine are bundled together as negative/hate comments. So, I feel like a douchebag. I feel like I am one of those people that are called, "haters", because I'm not being positive and fandoming over them. I keep thinking of that saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". But, if it's carried out respectfully, can I express my opinion, without feeling like I did something horrible?

I tried to talk about this with other Youtubers. Not personally. But, in the comment section of their videos, and I felt worse after that. Because they didn't get it. One Youtuber even stopped talking to me altogether. I guess I sounded to negative, hatful, whatever to them.

So many Youtubers claim that we don't get it, and we won't get it until we're a Youtuber. But, I think they don't get being a commenter. Or at least they forgot how it was to be one. Just like they have opinions on people and things in their videos, so do we in the comments. Sometimes these opinons are not going to be in agreement, but why do they have to be negative and/or seen as hate? But, they are. And I feel bad.

I felt so bad that I deleted all the comments.

So, yea... that's my rant.

These two people are sort of project panners, that's why I put it here. Also, I don't want to make a thread about it. That's too much attention. And I already feel ashamed enough.

CassieAnne
Informer
Informer

Post by CassieAnne »

I believe a lot of YouTubers in general exaggerate about the amount of hate they get. I've heard it from some of the panners too and it makes me roll my eyes. So someone said your makeup looks bad or heaven forbidden they offer CC! That's not hate!! But everyone thinks they're being cyberbullied these days.

You can't criticize anyone really. because the fans will attack you. even if you meant well. it's annoying for sure.

Inspiteof
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Inspiteof »

CassieAnne wrote:I believe a lot of YouTubers in general exaggerate about the amount of hate they get. I've heard it from some of the panners too and it makes me roll my eyes. So someone said your makeup looks bad or heaven forbidden they offer CC! That's not hate!! But everyone thinks they're being cyberbullied these days.

You can't criticize anyone really. because the fans will attack you. even if you meant well. it's annoying for sure.
In all the years of being a viewer, commenter of the beauty community... I've never had this happen. I've heard of it. And I've seen it; one person who made a negative comment being attacked a bunch of Youtube Minions, as they're called... and sometimes the Youtuber themselves. But, often times if the Youtuber gets involved in the tag team ridicule, they delete the comment stream afterwards. Don't get me wrong, I've gotten in arguments on Youtube, but for something like if someone disagreed with my stance on what should be done in regards to human trafficking. I've never until now gotten thrown off my soapbox, argued with, mocked... for something like this.

The whole experience made me feel really insecure. I don't think I'm a hater, someone that is hating, a bully that is harassing innocent Youtubers. So, I don't like being treated as one, because I'm sensitive, so I actually consider what people think and say about me. And for being considered a bully... I'm the one being intimidated. So, what does that say about them?

vanillablue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillablue »

Inspiteof wrote:So, this is a rant, just for fair warning.

For a hot minute I was subscribed to Just Buy The Makeup and KitschSnitch, but I unsubscribe to them, because I made a comment in their duo channel called Beauty News, and it didn't go down so well.

In case someone doesn't know, Beauty News is a channel hosted by two ladies that talk about makeup, and they break makeup. Anyways...

...I understand that just because you're putting yourself out there, doesn't mean anyone can say and/or do whatever they want. I also understand the difference between constructive criticism and respectfully sharing an opinion vs. being negative and verbally attacking someone. Overall, I think I'm a good commenter. I'm not a fucking troll, and/or hater. On top of all that, these Youtubers make videos and say things in these videos that inspire conversation. If they can ignorantly tell their viewers to fucking get a job, so that they can buy makeup like them, because apparently every job gives you the same amount of income, then people can share their opinion against that. If people want to say that buying makeup to just break it is pointless, it's within everyone's right. They honestly claim that they're doing these videos to "help" their viewers. Apparently, it has nothing to do with the explosion of comments and/or the views. They claim that they didn't even know that would happen.

Granted, none of what I said above was what my comment was about.

They said something about how they were getting really badly harassed in the comments, because they break makeup. And I made a comment saying that there is a different between getting negativity and getting hate. People calling them, "Dumb, rich, white bitches" is negativity. Being told to kill yourself is hate. Basically, my comment was expressing that some Youtubers claim that every comment is a "hate comment" when sometimes it's just someone being negative. Like I said above, negative comments are bad. It's not good to comment to someone and say that they look ugly. But, those are not examples of "hate comments" in which the comment says to go kill yourself. On top of that, sometimes a comment isn't even a negative comment. It's just someone commenting their opinion as respectfully as they can. That's along the lines of what I told them. And they basically told me that they get "hate comments" like the ones I expressed, but that they're not shown becuase they're really good at catching and deleting these comments before anyone reads them. Honestly, I don't believe them that they get comments like this, and that they are deleted before really seen. And even if they are telling the truth, they informed me of this with such mockery that it's hard to sympathize with them.

I just felt like the odd person out. Everyone seems to like them, and here I am expressing something against them. I'm trying my best to be respectful during my expression, but at the end of the day... comments like mine are bundled together as negative/hate comments. So, I feel like a douchebag. I feel like I am one of those people that are called, "haters", because I'm not being positive and fandoming over them. I keep thinking of that saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". But, if it's carried out respectfully, can I express my opinion, without feeling like I did something horrible?

I tried to talk about this with other Youtubers. Not personally. But, in the comment section of their videos, and I felt worse after that. Because they didn't get it. One Youtuber even stopped talking to me altogether. I guess I sounded to negative, hatful, whatever to them.

So many Youtubers claim that we don't get it, and we won't get it until we're a Youtuber. But, I think they don't get being a commenter. Or at least they forgot how it was to be one. Just like they have opinions on people and things in their videos, so do we in the comments. Sometimes these opinons are not going to be in agreement, but why do they have to be negative and/or seen as hate? But, they are. And I feel bad.

I felt so bad that I deleted all the comments.

So, yea... that's my rant.

These two people are sort of project panners, that's why I put it here. Also, I don't want to make a thread about it. That's too much attention. And I already feel ashamed enough.
Apologies I kept meaning to reply to this but it’s now been over a year. I’d ignore them...you can’t make ignorant people understand....those you tubers you spoke about they didn’t seem like the brightest bulbs in the box if u know what I mean.

Any update on the community? I’ve seen a thread on Elle a and I couldn’t believe my eyes. Who are Lucia and Lauren? Are they new panners?

Post by Guest »

The only panner I'm still subscribed to is Amber F. She seems like a really sweet person, but her makeup always looks awful. That red eyeshadow she's trying to pan faster by using it on her cheeks looks crazy.

I don't believe in panning anymore, especially if you're gonna make it into this whole agonizing process that forces you to use unflattering colors that you wouldn't use otherwise. I've never seen a panner with good makeup, and it makes me think that they just pile the colors they're trying to use up on their faces with little to no regard for how it really looks.

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”