Unpopular Opinions Part 6

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unpopular Opinions Part 6

Post by nina84 »

BornThisWay94 wrote:I can't stand Halsey either, which is strange to me since she fits into the mold of what I love (Outspoken feminist) but her music is absolute garbage, minus maybe about 2 songs. I also find it funny how all my straight girl friends think she's soooo hot but me, a lesbian, thinks she's very unattractive lol.
Her music is quite plain, I don't understand why ''Ghost'' is so liked, and even her appearance is very plain in my opinion (blue hair included).

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

nina84 wrote:
BornThisWay94 wrote:I can't stand Halsey either, which is strange to me since she fits into the mold of what I love (Outspoken feminist) but her music is absolute garbage, minus maybe about 2 songs. I also find it funny how all my straight girl friends think she's soooo hot but me, a lesbian, thinks she's very unattractive lol.
Her music is quite plain, I don't understand why ''Ghost'' is so liked, and even her appearance is very plain in my opinion (blue hair included).

Her voice is nothing special, and imo she sounds like literally every other Indie singer. I think her only good songs are Colors, Roman Holiday, and Is There Somewhere. ITS is a really underrated song of hers, but it's actually beautiful

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

I have to agree with Halsey. I do enjoy her music but its not as great as tumblr made it out to be.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

Post by Guest »

Hot chocolate with marshmallows is disgusting

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nina84 »

MakeUpStuff wrote:Hot chocolate with marshmallows is disgusting
I think it looks cute and cozy but how do you even drink it? Do you eat the marshmallows first and then the chocolate? I wouldn't try to drink and eat it at the same time, that does sound a little odd.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

nina84 wrote:
MakeUpStuff wrote:Hot chocolate with marshmallows is disgusting
I think it looks cute and cozy but how do you even drink it? Do you eat the marshmallows first and then the chocolate? I wouldn't try to drink and eat it at the same time, that does sound a little odd.
It's always been a mystery to me too. I usually eat the marshmallows first with a spoon, and then drink the chocolate. It's really cozy, but the consistency bugs me, and it's just not a very practical way to have hot chocolate. Or marshmallows for that matter.

badbitchlikethis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by badbitchlikethis »

Amy Schumer is annoying as fuck and not funny

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

badbitchlikethis wrote:Amy Schumer is annoying as fuck and not funny
AMEN.

I feel the same way about Jennifer Lawrence. I wish the world would just get over her already...

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

badbitchlikethis wrote:Amy Schumer is annoying as fuck and not funny
This as well. The raunchy single girl thing is tired.

I don't think Drake's dancing in Hotline Bling is that bad. I'm also sick of hearing people make of him for being "soft" or whatever. I don't even follow mainstream music and really don't care, but what's so wrong with him not being a brutish asshole?

alienrasta
Informer
Informer

Post by alienrasta »

Can someone please explain demisexual and asexual to me? Sorry this is long i just want to explain myself so people don't get the wrong idea :love2:
Also, i'm posting this here b/c i feel my opinion is probably unpopular.

Because from my interpretation, (and i don't mean to sound rude), demisexual is not a sexuality. Like it's more of a personal "choice" (using that word loosely)? It's being attracted to someone after getting to know them, no? Or is it the initial "oh that person's cute" attraction that they don't have? Because yea, i'll find guys attractive, but i won't say im in love w/ them right away i'll get to know them first, but im not demisexual? I feel like most people are that way, too. I don't want that to sound rude or close-minded, i'm all for gay rights and doing what you wanna do with your life, why should I have a say like who am i lol, i just don't understand it and want to be informed.

And for asexuality, i watched this video
[video][/video]
and i didn't understand it? Like are they saying they literally don't feel arousal? Like if they have sex, they don't feel anything? Wouldn't that have something to do with their body and not necessarily them? Like, if you don't feel anything, wouldn't that mean your body wasn't "built" right? I don't mean it in a way like "gay is a choice!!! they're not born with it!!" I just mean, like everyone feels sexual arousal. But asexual people don't? I guess i kinda sound like im anti-asexual and saying theres something wrong w/ them because they're not like everyone else, but that's not at all what i mean. I understand if it's just you don't feel the want/need to have sex or do anything sexual. Totally understand that. But in the video, the girl goes "i have not felt sexual arousal to this date." Does she mean she hasn't tried? Or she has and nothing happened, like she LITERALLY did not feel anything? Or she just doesn't want to feel arousal, like it's not a thing she cares to do?

I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS BEING SUPER LONG I WANTED TO EXPLAIN MYSELF AND GET MY POINT ACROSS SO YALL CAN CORRECT ME. :D

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

alienrasta, I'm no expert on this (at all), but I can try to answer some of your questions. It can be pretty hard to understand, I think. And yeah, feel free to correct me, everyone, if I get something wrong!

The way I understand it, demisexuals don't really have any initial attraction when they meet someone. In order to find someone sexually attractive, they need a strong personal (probably often romantic) bond with that person. Otherwise they're not able to get aroused. They can still think someone is good-looking, but they're just not attracted to them. That's what I've gathered from various explanations I've heard and people I've talked to, anyway. I've found it a bit difficult to wrap my head around demisexuality vs. personal preferences in terms of relationships as well, but I'm trying to grasp it properly.

For asexuality (and every other sexuality really), there's a spectrum going on. You can be completely asexual, meaning you don't experience any arousal ever, or you can feel arousal to some extent but just not really be into the whole sex thing. It kinda depends on the individual. Some people just don't feel sexual attraction or arousal at all. They can still have romantic feelings for people, but just have no desire to sleep with them. Also, some asexuals have had sex, and I believe some are sexually active in their relationships.

It is a biological anomaly, I guess, when you don't feel sexual arousal, but it is a legit thing - and it's not that there's something actually wrong with asexuality. I think it's really important not to think of it that way.

Oh also, I think for both of these, it's important to distinguish between sexual attraction/orientation and romantic attraction/orentation. Those can be completely different things, and I think they can be helpful in this kind of situation. You can be romantically attracted to someone and not want to have sex with them, and you can also be sexually attracted to someone without having any romantic feelings for them.

Anyway, that's what I've gathered over the years. Like I said, feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong :D

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nina84 »

I'm pretty sure asexual means you have no sexual attraction towards anyone, not that you physically don't feel aroused. Most definitions I've seen clarify that some asexuals masturbate, even if just for relaxation or to sleep or whatever. Some feel disgust at the thought of sex and some are indifferent. So Pastel Rage is quite right.

alienrasta
Informer
Informer

Post by alienrasta »

Pastel Rage wrote:Anyway, that's what I've gathered over the years. Like I said, feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong :D
Wow, thank you!! I was expecting someone to bitch at me for what i said instead of informing me lol. You really helped!! :D <3

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling »

People of GG, brace yourselves for THE unpopular opinion that's coming.

I don't hate Nicole Arbour. I actually kind of like her.

THERE. I SAID IT.
XOXO

badbitchlikethis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by badbitchlikethis »

I like some of Adele's old songs, but I don't like the song Hello AT ALL. And I think she's become VERY overrated. Yes, she's good but the 100 Grammy's that she's won and breaking all these records and people going absolutely apeshit over her new album is a pretty ridiculous

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

I don't get what's so great about Gigi Hadid, or most of the people in TSwifts girl gang.

Have to agree with Adele, while I am a huge fan of hers a lot of people need to calm the heck down! (I shouldn't talk bc I did freak out at the news of her new cd).
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Ariana Grande has got to be one of the most annoying people in the industry right now--I actually feel sorry for her at times mainly because of her older brother; he leeches off of her and clings onto her for any little bit of fame he can get. I think Ariana, Taylor Swift, and One Direction need to just disappear for awhile. Thankfully 1D is going on a break next year :tu:

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

kayleeee wrote:I don't get what's so great about Gigi Hadid, or most of the people in TSwifts girl gang.
I think Gigi is beautiful - but I am biased as I like baby/round faces. However, I do think she's benefited from nepotism, as has Kendall. Though I think Kendall looks too much like her mom, and I don't find Kris to be a beautiful woman.

On topic: I feel bad for Charlie Sheen.

RebeccaDoppelmeyer
Debater
Debater

Post by RebeccaDoppelmeyer »

Filled in/drawn on eyebrows looks bad and nasty 99% of the time (especially drawn on)

xfashiondollx
Learner
Learner

Unpopular Opinions Part 6

Post by xfashiondollx »

^ thank you! And those same girls have the fucking audacity to make fun of other girls' eyebrows. Bitch, shut up, look at yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Absolutely NOTHING To Do With Gurus”