His Sexual Identity

LucyGoosey1
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

His Sexual Identity

Post by LucyGoosey1 »

Not sure if this can be discussed or not but has he come out yet?

Queenmab
Learner
Learner

Re: His Sexual Identity

Post by Queenmab »

No he hasn't and that's what 99% of his thread is about ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dreammuffin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dreammuffin »

Whatever his sexuality, he obviously has acting aspirations so he likely won't come out as gay until he has established a bit more of a name for himself and/or given up at being a romantic leading man. There are still very successful actors who never came out because they are scared it will affect their careers. http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/09/12/vi ... my-career/

There are even actors that went back in the closet after being out gay men.http://www.eonline.com/news/257449/open ... nto-closet

After winning the Streamy for best actor he may be a real hot property. I doubt he will risk anything now. (Shane Dawson also has acting aspirations...hmmmm. )

BoredDude789

Post by BoredDude789 »

He is gay

Nazgull123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Nazgull123 »

He is insanely gay, and everytime he's on screen with a female lead being in a relationship with him, I gag in my mouth because it just looks wrong.

mmmbutter
Talker
Talker

Post by mmmbutter »

He is very much gay, but doesn't come out because most if not all of his audience is young girls. And fears if he does come out he will lose them, which means he will lose money, etc. Which is most likely why he has his anxiety issues/ depression.

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

Which is stupid. Being out hasn't stopped Oakley and Sivan from having an army of fan girls.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

Speaking of Tyler Oakley, I honestly wonder how Joey feels seeing one of his openly gay peers on the rise as a successful internet personality. Pretty sure Tyler beat him in a TCA category. Even though Joey's attempting a career as a leading man in a very homophobic industry, while Tyler's cashing in on being every teen girl's internet gay bff, I still feel like it has to impact Joey in some way. Not so much that he's bothered by Tyler's success (though Joey seems petty enough to get jealous over things like that), but bothered by the fact that he's in the closet striving for that recognition an out and proud YTer has attained.

Same goes for Troye's EP making the charts, when earlier this year Joey said he wanted to come out with original music of his own.

Queenmab
Learner
Learner

Post by Queenmab »

manged wrote:Speaking of Tyler Oakley, I honestly wonder how Joey feels seeing one of his openly gay peers on the rise as a successful internet personality. Pretty sure Tyler beat him in a TCA category. Even though Joey's attempting a career as a leading man in a very homophobic industry, while Tyler's cashing in on being every teen girl's internet gay bff, I still feel like it has to impact Joey in some way. Not so much that he's bothered by Tyler's success (though Joey seems petty enough to get jealous over things like that), but bothered by the fact that he's in the closet striving for that recognition an out and proud YTer has attained.
IMO he is going for a different sort of field though... tyler pretty much IS the gay bff stereotyped to a T, who will eventually either become the perez hilton of the situation or the classic gay asexual guy on a series. Joey seems to be aiming for becoming a male actor who isn't identified by being the funny gay guy... The problem is that his looks are the only thing that separate him from Oakley, he is a walking gay stereotype as well, just a lot more good looking, he wouldn't survive a day on hollywood without being torn apart by gossip journals about his extremely obvious sexual orientation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lake
Learner
Learner

Post by Lake »

I don't think it's about the fangirls. Troye Sivan was totally irrelevant UNTIL he came out.

I think it's because:

1. He doesn't want to be the posterboy for LGBT and be forced to do LGBT panels, LGBT interviews, crap like that.

2. He thinks it will be harder to get acting roles (This is a good concern. Even the low rent type Nick or Disney channel stuff that all the Youtubers are doing - how many openly gay leads do they have? Zero.)

Squishy
Talker
Talker

Post by Squishy »

Here's his Tweet from November 18th. I don't think he's doing a good job if he is in the closet:

"Guys I met Finnick!!!!!"

Woops, guess the emoji didn't paste right. It's the hearts for eyes emoji.

iamber90
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by iamber90 »

I don't think his sexuality will even have an effect on his acting aspirations because IMO he's not that great of an actor even if he did win a Streamy. When I watched his short films, I cringed at his acting.

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

In case my other comment with link gets deleted check his VLOG elsa is a bitch and someone posted the links to his pics with Daniel.

chickennugget
Talker
Talker

Post by chickennugget »

iamber90 wrote:I don't think his sexuality will even have an effect on his acting aspirations because IMO he's not that great of an actor even if he did win a Streamy. When I watched his short films, I cringed at his acting.
Lmao, this is true. I mean, he's not terrible and its obvious he enjoys it, but as someone who is a relatively involved theatre geek, I think I can say with fair certainty that he won't make it big (if its based on talent). That doesn't mean I think he should stop, but he's definitely not the best actor.

15koil
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by 15koil »

Ok, so let's go, not trying to throw shade at him, but I recently started watching his videos and I do not think that he is so off the ground like it seems. He knows what he is doing, and the difference between he and the others openly gay youtubers is that he has nothing to offer sadly. So he isn't that funny he is just a pretty face and he knows it and sometimes tryes to take advantage of it. Again not trying to throw shade but the future for him after assuming his sexuality is so insecure and he does not wants to try. I really think that there's so much on it that it happens to outshine his others qualities making us realize that we don't know him enough.

mxyzzy
Learner
Learner

Post by mxyzzy »

It kind of rubs me the wrong way that people are saying he's gay like it's a fact. Unless he's personally said he's gay, he's not gay. One of my best friends was also "certainly without a doubt gay" before coming out. He wasn't gay. I was shocked when he asked me out because I had 100% assumed he was gay, which is like, next level friend zone. I felt terrible but in my mind he was still my gay best friend so I couldn't take him seriously as a romantic option. He sounded very stereotypically gay because he grew up with his mom and sisters and no men. Turns out he's bisexual, and still people keep telling him he's definitely gay. He likes girls.

Sorry for the rant, I just really hate people assuming. Long story short: if he hasn't said he's gay, don't assume he's gay. If someone tells you their orientation, don't tell them they're wrong.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

considering all his relationships in the past few years(that he fails at hiding) have been with men, but none with women, i think it's a pretty safe assumption to say he's gay.
and yes, you can tell someone they're wrong about their orientation. i know this guy(from tumblr), who up until a few months ago identified as straight, and said he was 100% straight when asked about it(he's fairly attractive, so he'd have guys messaging him, hitting on him). it was then pointed out to him that some of the things he's said/reblogged kinda indicated he's not straight and is attracted to men. after some thinking, he realized he's actually bisexual, and now identifies as bisexual, because someone pointed out to him that he was wrong about his sexual orientation
The Internet knows all your secrets

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

mxyzzy wrote:It kind of rubs me the wrong way that people are saying he's gay like it's a fact. Unless he's personally said he's gay, he's not gay. One of my best friends was also "certainly without a doubt gay" before coming out. He wasn't gay. I was shocked when he asked me out because I had 100% assumed he was gay, which is like, next level friend zone. I felt terrible but in my mind he was still my gay best friend so I couldn't take him seriously as a romantic option. He sounded very stereotypically gay because he grew up with his mom and sisters and no men. Turns out he's bisexual, and still people keep telling him he's definitely gay. He likes girls.

Sorry for the rant, I just really hate people assuming. Long story short: if he hasn't said he's gay, don't assume he's gay. If someone tells you their orientation, don't tell them they're wrong.
Smdh at someone using that phrase while lecturing an audience with a high population of LGBT people about an LGBT issue.

psychoburry
Learner
Learner

Post by psychoburry »

Hippo wrote:
mxyzzy wrote:It kind of rubs me the wrong way that people are saying he's gay like it's a fact. Unless he's personally said he's gay, he's not gay. One of my best friends was also "certainly without a doubt gay" before coming out. He wasn't gay. I was shocked when he asked me out because I had 100% assumed he was gay, which is like, next level friend zone. I felt terrible but in my mind he was still my gay best friend so I couldn't take him seriously as a romantic option. He sounded very stereotypically gay because he grew up with his mom and sisters and no men. Turns out he's bisexual, and still people keep telling him he's definitely gay. He likes girls.

Smdh at someone using that phrase while lecturing an audience with a high population of LGBT people about an LGBT issue.
RIGHT? There are so many things wrong with that post. 1. Who is to assume every is straight? How about we assume nothing with certainty if someone hasn't said anything about their attraction/orientation. 2. GBF, REALLY? Talk to almost any gay male & they will tell you that is one of their biggest pet peeves, they are your BEST FRIEND not your "gay best friend" 3. People's comfort levels change when it comes to their sexuality. Its more fluid than people realize.

I might add that this thread is to bring up info that would point to his orientation. I don't think anyone has every said he's 100% gay, more like xy&z points to the fact that he's probably gay.

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

psychoburry wrote:
Hippo wrote:

RIGHT? There are so many things wrong with that post. 1. Who is to assume every is straight? How about we assume nothing with certainty if someone hasn't said anything about their attraction/orientation. 2. GBF, REALLY? Talk to almost any gay male & they will tell you that is one of their biggest pet peeves, they are your BEST FRIEND not your "gay best friend" 3. People's comfort levels change when it comes to their sexuality. Its more fluid than people realize.

I might add that this thread is to bring up info that would point to his orientation. I don't think anyone has every said he's 100% gay, more like xy&z points to the fact that he's probably gay.
Yes, if someone is going to be a white knight, they ought to at least eliminate heterosexist language from their vocabulary because it just makes a person look obnoxious and hypocritical, not mention it says more about their perception of LGBT people than it does about the perceptions of the audience they're speaking to.

Not to mention, the discussion of Joey's sexuality is not based on petty stereotypes (unlike a certain someone), but based on his words and his behaviors.

Return to “Joey Graceffa”