Cabbesu
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CutiePieMarzia Part 2

Post by Cabbesu »

Hello, I am new here *^ ^*
Also, not native English, but I hope it will be okay!
I really like Marzia because she has interests beyond normal fashion and beauty. But recently, I have noticed thing that made me quite sad.
She is becoming self-centered: She is surrounded by loving family, friends, and boyfriend and touched the hearts of her many followers. She has the power to bring awareness and happiness to the troubled. However, she only focuses on how she is not getting as much praise and attention as wants. She also only promotes brands that is sponsored for or can gain from, not ones that can help her young viewers or other people. Some of these companies are very shady Chinese ones (but she uses the disguise of "Asian fashion," really?)
She is too derivative now: I understand she is trying to play this "cute and creepy" character but she adds no real personality or depth to this. Only copying Japanese artists who were innovators and only had themselves for support. I was disappointed that her animation was just many psychological horror cliches mixed together. Also her fashion designs are very much like Harajuku fashion (I used to live in Japan and this fashion style has been very tired for several years... Maybe it got old in early 2000?). I was thinking her sensibilities could add new life this style of fashion but they are only direct copies and it looks like she is wearing another person's skin (is this expression right?). I do not think copying makes her a bad person, I just do not think she will be taken seriously if she does not have her own point of view.
I hope I did not ramble too much ^\\^
I look forward to discussing with everyone

Pairika
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Pairika »

What blows my mind is why she does not chase her dream of becomming a dsigner by actually studying the field - like getting a sense of fabric, texture, sewing and all other technical parts. She just draws(I dunno if she does), and someone else makes it. I get that it is what most designers do, but most designers have a background in the field they work in.

I did not enjoy the collection at all.
Who knows if she actually does study design on the side - doubt it though when I look at the collection

(」゜ロ゜)」

Storm Dust
Talker
Talker

Post by Storm Dust »

How was putting the same look on different styles of clothing creative?? Everything is so basic and dull! Now she's into ruffles... surprised she didn't used Peter Pan collar anywhere. Oh, and don't get me started on prices... I get that it's "a brand" and a limited collection, but damn, I'm not paying that much money for three bows on a white shirt that look like she made and glued herself. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't wear it if it were free.

Lari
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lari »

glad i'm not the only one who hates her clothing collection

canachi
Informer
Informer

Post by canachi »

I was really looking forward to seeing the designs for her collection but after seeing the video just ....... what. The fabric is so cheap and totally not suited to the style of clothing. Every design is literally the same thing translated into different types of garment and the mix of white/ruffles/cheap ass ribbons looks really tacky and DIY. Not to mention the styles are all very unflattering and hard to pull off unless you're stick thin.

Idk if she was given a brief she had to stick to or if she had full freedom of her designs, but if she had full freedom i'm kinda disappointed. She seemed like she could come up with something way more interesting considering her personal style. I think it would look 100x better without the ribbons but even then it would still be boring, repetitive, and totally overpriced. I've liked the other designs she's come up with in the past but this collection was just awful imo.

foreverlover15
Talker
Talker

Post by foreverlover15 »

I like that new people are jumping into the thread. Hello all ^^

But basically, I agree with everything you've all said. The pieces are ugly, simplistic, overpriced and pretty saddening. It's almost pathetic. First the confusing animation, then the dull fashion. It makes me feel that her upcoming book might be terrible, too.

Cabbesu
Learner
Learner

Post by Cabbesu »

Pairika wrote:What blows my mind is why she does not chase her dream of becomming a dsigner by actually studying the field - like getting a sense of fabric, texture, sewing and all other technical parts. She just draws(I dunno if she does), and someone else makes it. I get that it is what most designers do, but most designers have a background in the field they work in.

I did not enjoy the collection at all.
Who knows if she actually does study design on the side - doubt it though when I look at the collection

(」゜ロ゜)」
I have the same concerns! I have a few friends who work in the liscensing and fashion field and they say this type of approach causes problems for the industry in the long run.

Recent fashion problems are that cheaper brands rip off high end ones, compromising ethics and quality. Because of this, new designers are focusing on natural materials, good production methods, or appeal to different body types/lifestyles more than the aesthetic.

I do not think that Marzia follows fashion close enough to understand this. While the pieces are handmade, the fabric is mostly polyester and only skinny, impractical people can wear her clothes. She has no message or scope besides seeing what she wants and replicating it.

OT: Your posting style is so cute and funny *^ ^*

swirlmydanish
Informer
Informer

Post by swirlmydanish »

I never post in this thread but I had to after seeing her collection. Her style used to be so girly and flattering, what the hell happened?? The worst "piece" was the last one she raved about. It's literally a glorified baby onesie.

foreverlover15
Talker
Talker

Post by foreverlover15 »

She's getting a lot of comments on Instagram about how expensive it all is. And a lot of people are just straight-up calling it ugly. It's kind of funny, actually.

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

Omg those pieces are so ugly. I expected way better from her.

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

I don't know why people are complaining about the collection. What did they expect? It's called "Marzia" because its something she would wear. And it's expensive because they're handmade and so on. That said, I think they're ugly and I wouldn't buy them either. But I'm sure she expected people to react this way.

-Leia- wrote:Hi I'm new here. I've been lurking for a few days and now I couldn't help but leave here a piece of my mind.

I've been a fan of Marzia since I discovered her in 2013 and I still think she's a nice person and all.
But the reason I liked her at first was because not only her content was more about fashion (inspired outfits, etc) she actually used to wear stuff that flattered her and made her look like an adult. Then all of a sudden she starts adopting this cute style probably inspired by Japan. Don't get me wrong I love Kawaii inspired style, I think japanese girls are great at looking cute AND sexy at the same time. But that's not what Marzia is pulling off here. She's wearing stuff that is making her look like a giant kid. And not just that, but she's starting to act like one aswell. (The ranting videos to the "haters" who barely exist and the fact that she's going to travel every month to "cure" her anxiety, both seemed like things a rich spoiled kid would do/say. And she has the nerve to ask her followers to suggest the places to travel to? That really disappointed me).

This really frustrates me because I used to identify myself with her (same age, shy personality etc). When and why did she start acting and dressing like a little kid? I remember she used to wear heels and more fitting clothes and she looked stunning. The fact she wears flats is not the problem but she wears the specific shoes and tights kind of match that I only see in children. This recent instagram pic was really the last straw for me: Everything in that outfit even the hairstyle screams 3 year old. She's 22 why is she doing this now? I would start questioning her sanity if it wasn't for the sponsor or whatever that probably payed her to wear that.

Anyway I'm almost done with this rant. When she announced her big projects I was relieved because she was finaly doing something new (she only uploads 1 or 2 videos a week and they became boring because they stopped having creative content). But then I saw this collection and I became even more disappointed I guess for obvious reasons? Who at 22 would wear a playsuit like that? I just don't get it :( .

(sorry if there are english mistakes)
Welcome! And I agree, when she first started she wore more interesting outfits. They were still unique and cute but usually age-appropriate and pretty. For example:
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]

catmeowkun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catmeowkun »

Hi! I'm new to this thread (not to GG) and I'm glad I found some other people who feel the same way I do about her clothing line. The design looks cheap and childish, it looks like overgrown kids clothes. I love dolly/japanese/kawaii fashion (trust me, I own liz lisa for days) but this just looks like cheap chinatown shit. I don't care if it's handmade from scuba fabric or whatever, charging that much for such basic designs is just offputting. I wouldn't wear those clothes for $20 a piece let alone what she is charging. I'm kinda dissapointed because for the price she is charging, she could've hired a printmaker or something to make the clothes really unique and cute, but instead she gets lazy and just puts the same peplum and three bows, it's lazy and it's a rip off. The only thing that's good about this collection is that it's kind of a slap in the face to Kalel Cullen the ~fashion visionary~ :rofl: I'd like to see how she feels about Marzia selling clothes.

Lari
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lari »

catmeowkun wrote: The only thing that's good about this collection is that it's kind of a slap in the face to Kalel Cullen the ~fashion visionary~ :rofl: I'd like to see how she feels about Marzia selling clothes.
:rofl: kalel "i'm designing a clothing line for the past 3 years but don't worry it'll never be real" Cullen

ambery7

Post by ambery7 »

Her design is not really interesting and price level is the same as for example Karen Millen one - but feel the difference! I'm really curious about what was she thinking when set the prices. Her target audience must be very young, she knows what demographics she has with youtube statistics, so probably very young girls would like it, but here comes a problem - they can't afford it, too expensive for them and I saw a lot of comments about it under her video. But for people who actually used to buy clothes of such price definitely expect some quality product and rather picky, they have a wide range of professional designers to choose. Also, even such companies as h&m have occasionaly lines with clothes made of good materials - silk, leather, but they are still much cheaper.

And about her animation - what was that? facepalm.. she said she worked on it for a Year + studio made animation itself...so I work in related field to animation and god, such lenth and quality 2 weeks maximum! It makes me a bit sad that there is a range animation channels on youtube with good design, animation, story, for example what Gobelins students do, which actually get their diploma then and work as professionals (you know where I'm going here).
Pairika wrote:What blows my mind is why she does not chase her dream of becomming a dsigner by actually studying the field - like getting a sense of fabric, texture, sewing and all other technical parts.
Did she actually go to uni or college or something after school? They started dating when she was around 17 as i remember (or maybe I'm wrong?), did she started youtubing right after that?

MaddieLena
Informer
Informer

Post by MaddieLena »

^she finished high school around the time she met felix, she was 18-19. She created her yt channel when she moved to Sweden with him if I'm not mistaken. But she hasn't studied anything after high school, considering she has the funds (and all the time in the world!) it seems a little silly to me.

SugarproofVeeegan
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SugarproofVeeegan »

I don't have anything against Marzia, but I really want to backhand the Marzipans after seeing the comments on her collection video. They aren't doing her any favors lying and kissing the ground she walks on. If this collection tanks, their ass-kissing isn't going to mean anything. The pieces don't even look well-made. The tops look like she bought some plain oversized T-shirts and sewed some bows to the front. Her fans can call it stylization if she wants, but to me it's just fucking lazy not to give any of your garments an actual fit. She may as well have saved production costs and just gone with One Size because it's not like these clothes are even meant to fit in any way.

Her fans are just so fucking stupid. "OMG IF YOU WANT BASIC THEN GO TO TARGET" but if I want basic with bows sewn onto it I can spend hundreds of dollars on a Marzia t-shirt i guess

foreverlover15
Talker
Talker

Post by foreverlover15 »

SugarproofVeeegan wrote:I don't have anything against Marzia, but I really want to backhand the Marzipans after seeing the comments on her collection video. They aren't doing her any favors lying and kissing the ground she walks on. If this collection tanks, their ass-kissing isn't going to mean anything. The pieces don't even look well-made. The tops look like she bought some plain oversized T-shirts and sewed some bows to the front. Her fans can call it stylization if she wants, but to me it's just fucking lazy not to give any of your garments an actual fit. She may as well have saved production costs and just gone with One Size because it's not like these clothes are even meant to fit in any way.

Her fans are just so fucking stupid. "OMG IF YOU WANT BASIC THEN GO TO TARGET" but if I want basic with bows sewn onto it I can spend hundreds of dollars on a Marzia t-shirt i guess
Even with all the ass-kissing, though, she is getting some decent backlash. A lot of people, especially on Instagram, are calling the collection ugly, childish and overpriced. She's getting a decent amount of people straight up saying they won't buy it, which will either be a wake-up call for her, or it'll inspire her next 'haters' video

SugarproofVeeegan
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SugarproofVeeegan »

IMG_201503095337.jpg
..........just gonna leave this here

No amount of callouts will erase the stupidity of this comment from my mind
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BellatrixLestrange13
Informer
Informer

Post by BellatrixLestrange13 »

SugarproofVeeegan wrote:
IMG_201503095337.jpg
..........just gonna leave this here

No amount of callouts will erase the stupidity of this comment from my mind
^Oh wow. I can't even type any respond because of the sheer amount of stupidity that comment has. :rofl:

I haven't been here in quite a while but I just have to come back and post after seeing her latest video. Even if her minions keep licking her ass in the comment section, NO ONE will buy her collection. Absolutely no one. "OMG guise, those clothes are not expensive at all!!1!" Well, tell that to your parents, kids. :P They can praise her all they want in the comment, but none of them will actually buy any of her clothes lol. Hope that'll be an enough wakeup call for Marzia.

On the other hand, I saw more (than usual) negative comments on that video. I'm glad many of the Marzipans still have some sense in them. They deliver their distaste in a good way too. I wonder what Marzia must be thinking now. I mean, ONE negative comment is enough to make her dedicate a whole video to the nonexistent haters :? I second foreverlover15 - she must be preparing another hate video now for next week lol.

-Leia-
Lurker
Lurker

Post by -Leia- »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. :D
meowlizzz wrote:I don't know why people are complaining about the collection. What did they expect? It's called "Marzia" because its something she would wear. And it's expensive because they're handmade and so on. That said, I think they're ugly and I wouldn't buy them either. But I'm sure she expected people to react this way.

Welcome! And I agree, when she first started she wore more interesting outfits. They were still unique and cute but usually age-appropriate and pretty. For example:
I really miss that Marzia. I would actually wear most of those outfits.
I do have a feminine/girly style myself but there's no way I would wear the stuff from her collection because it doesn't flatter anyone. And I do agree about the fact that someone said earlier. They mostly look like an oversized white t-shirt with stuff "glued" on it.

Return to “CutiePieMarzia”