Post by Diorette »

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Birthday

Post by Fairycake »

Do you work though? And make your own money to buy things? I tell you that feels even more amazing...! ;)

IGaveUpSugar
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IGaveUpSugar »

:?
Sugar Neaux

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

Yes i am! ;) i live on my own and pay my own bills and stuff. ;)

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

Daww, i have a dog too! ;)

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

Literally the most irritating troll. Just glad we haven't had to listen to stories about her and Lukasz's (sp?) sex-capades this time around.

Yet.

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

Lmao shhh we all secretly love her.

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

Fairycake wrote:Lmao shhh we all secretly love her.
Definitely can't argue with that lol. Also my birthday is coming up, so everyone can expect a similar post from me coming soon. ;)

Hearts
Learner
Learner

Post by Hearts »

Catsmile has nothing on me.
The most endangered species
The honest man
Will still survive annihilation
Forming a world
State of integrity
Sensitive, open and strong. ~RUSH

whoawhoawhoa

Post by whoawhoawhoa »

http://www.hatloverblog.blogspot.com/20 ... ealth.html
Thursday, June 26, 2014
Flashing your wealth?
Today I was watching a Youtube video where a woman was talking about how a lot of people in her culture (of course, I don't believe that everyone in her culture is like this - but apparently some people are!) find it very important to display logos. She said that their mindset is that it would be a waste to buy something expensive without a logo to show people that you are rich.

Excuse me ladies for another heart-to-heart rant rather than the delicious fashion-related posts, but it has always disgusted me when people buy brands just to show off. WHY????!!!!!

As you girls know, I pretty much exclusively buy designer brands because I've noticed that they are generally more well-fitted, the fabric feels better, and the colours just pop better. I love Italian tailoring. But I don't buy things where you can see the brand. That blouse I bought from Gucci says "Gucci" on the "tie" part of it, but I'm pretty sure no one is leaning in and reading it!

I feel like a lot of people can't afford to buy designer brands, so why should I or anyone else show how much our clothes cost? Maybe someone is struggling to pay their debt or rent and it doesn't really feel good to see someone whose designer handbag could pay their rent.

I don't tell women that I know in real life how much my clothes cost unless asked, which does - once in a blue moon - happen. I do tell men though as I suppose they are indifferent and don't know how much the stuff costs. I love talking about fashion, so I used to try talking about it on online forums, and I would talk about what I was planning to buy, thinking that no one would get offended online, but even online, girls would get mad! Almost unanimously people would say that my clothes look ugly and that not even their grandmother would wear it. Or I'd get people saying "You should buy multiples so that you don't have to bother with the dry cleaners' and then you can cut them up and use them as toilet paper" or "I understand what you mean, sometimes I was annoyed when I couldn't get the Ferrari in the exact colour I wanted!"

So that's why I have this blog. Because I AM excited about certain brands' new offerings and what I'm going to buy and this is an outlet where I can talk about it without offending anyone because no one has to come here and read it if they don't want to! And yes - I know that no one reads my blog - but it's kind of fun to pretend that they do and that I have an audience of friendly internet ladies! ;-)

So the main message is: Stop showing off!!! Buy things you like, not for the purpose of showing off, and the world will be a much friendlier place <3

M xxx

Post by Guest »

Wtf, catsmile?

Hearts
Learner
Learner

Post by Hearts »

Catsmile they may be paying attention to you now. But back in the day I was the queen of this site. Just so you know.
The most endangered species
The honest man
Will still survive annihilation
Forming a world
State of integrity
Sensitive, open and strong. ~RUSH

Hearts
Learner
Learner

Post by Hearts »