whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles

Post by ima »

^ agreed. It really wasn't very nice! I liked the jumper but the gold was too much and the shape horrific.

I've really been liking Lily since vlogmas, she moans a lot and can be quite naive but it's something she at least admits to doing. I just can't get over how much takeaways her and her family eat. Like even Rich who is supposed to be a health freak. Even when they're in at lunch time they have takeaway... I guess he does alot of sport so it kinda cancels it out but she hates exercising yet is still in such good shape

colddust-girl
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by colddust-girl »

What on earth is this outfit

(edit: oops sorry I posted this without reading the previous comments!)

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

Did people seriously get pissed because they thought a mexican themed party is racist?

God damn it, educate yourselves and look up racism in a dictionary, morons. Where is this damn world going? :x :roll:

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by daddyoh »

cultural appropriation isn't cute. a 'mexican' theme where the only mexican element was maraccas and sombreros isn't exactly enlightening.

the brookies weren't her sister's original recipe either, and she wasn't calling them the right name either, imo. they're usually called crinkle cookies.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

Dude, I'm a cultural anthropologist, I know a shit or two.

catknowswhat

Post by catknowswhat »

Lily from what I can see has a great figure so I can't understand why everything she wears in her new haul are baggy/straight down.
I can't believe everything she was wearing on her face was new stuff... Her makeup still looks the same!!

ChloeVFA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChloeVFA »

It always does. She doesn't know anything about about applying makeup. But she DOES know how to hoard it.

teadrunk
Talker
Talker

Post by teadrunk »

Why did Lily even bring up the story about her mother buying her gifts and then her returning them? It just makes her seem a brat. Also, a shirt and a necklace are not "stocking gifts"...those are legit gifts in my world. Stocking gifts are little things like nail polish and other trinkets that actually fit in a stocking.

Too much justification for spending money on new clothes & beauty in this video. Seriously, who cares if your family don't really exchange gifts, and therefore saves a bit. Which btw I actually think the reason they don't really exchange gifts is because she's JEWISH. Lily, we all know you're Jewish, why do you try so hard to hide it? It's annoying, especially for those of us viewers who are also Jewish. :roll:

ChloeVFA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChloeVFA »

teadrunk wrote:Why did Lily even bring up the story about her mother buying her gifts and then her returning them? It just makes her seem a brat. Also, a shirt and a necklace are not "stocking gifts"...those are legit gifts in my world. Stocking gifts are little things like nail polish and other trinkets that actually fit in a stocking.

Too much justification for spending money on new clothes & beauty in this video. Seriously, who cares if your family don't really exchange gifts, and therefore saves a bit. Which btw I actually think the reason they don't really exchange gifts is because she's JEWISH. Lily, we all know you're Jewish, why do you try so hard to hide it? It's annoying, especially for those of us viewers who are also Jewish. :roll:
I don't mean to sound ignorant, but... Why don't jewish people exchange gifts?

I get that they don't celebrate Christmas (as in : Jesus Christ birth) but exchanging gifts on December 25 doesn't have anything to do with religion, it's just a cultural thing people do... ?

And that returning gifts thing is just sooo rude, and she's talking about it online ! She just has no shale, I can't even...

Pennycray
Informer
Informer

Post by Pennycray »

" I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone " - yeah? How's that working our for you?

Blacks and greys to match her DULL as dishwater personality

*yawn*

teadrunk
Talker
Talker

Post by teadrunk »

ChloeVFA wrote: I don't mean to sound ignorant, but... Why don't jewish people exchange gifts?

I get that they don't celebrate Christmas (as in : Jesus Christ birth) but exchanging gifts on December 25 doesn't have anything to do with religion, it's just a cultural thing people do... ?

And that returning gifts thing is just sooo rude, and she's talking about it online ! She just has no shale, I can't even...
Actually, exchanging gifts on December 25th has everything to do with religion...specifically Christianity. It is a Christian tradition and cultures that are dominated by Christianity do typically celebrate Christmas. I'm American and I'm Jewish but I do not celebrate Christmas because I am not Christian and exchanging gifts on December 25th is not merely an "American culture" thing.

And saying that exchanging gifts on December 25th (aka Xmas) has nothing to do with religion is not at all correct. I can understand why some people may think that because Christianity is a hugely followed religion but it's patently false. I don't say that to offend, it's merely a fact. Literally everywhere else in the world where Christianity is not the dominate religion of said country and/or culture...December 25th is just a regular ol' day.

I hope this helps you understand better. I'm not posting to start a debate and/or argument.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

I come from a predominantly (97%) Catholic country. Never have there been any gift exchanges on Christmas. It's a cultural, or protestant thing, not Christian in general.

ChloeVFA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChloeVFA »

Protestants are christian. But I do agree with you, gift exhange does not have a religious origin. Unless people originally offered gifts in rememberance of how the 3 Magi brought Jesus gifts...?

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

ChloeVFA wrote:Protestants are christian.
Of course they are, you misunderstood me there.
I'm saying that Catholics are really keen on Christianity and follow it very closely, and they never exchange gifts on Christmas (Spain, Italy...). I mean, they don't do it as a part of their religious celebrations, probably just as a result of cultural impact, if they do it.
Having grown up in a catholic culture, I can't seem to think of a christian denomination more strictly following the religion :D

producthoarder
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by producthoarder »

Can we just take a moment to talk about the fact she's so lazy she links to someone else's product review as a more thorough source?

http://www.lilypebbles.co.uk/2015/01/ch ... ction.html

*Edit: Just saw this was already briefly mentioned but ughhhh. Why are these people chosen by PR companies to review product? I work in PR and I actively seek bloggers who give good, thoughtful reviews...not ones who repurpose 100 words of a press release with a few photos. Plus it's not like Chanel's target consumer is Lily's audience. Most are fairly young, no?

suzy
Talker
Talker

Post by suzy »

How many times has she said she doesn't like to shop in sales?! Oh, poor Lily.

And she needs to stop talking about Anna.

"I think Anna would love this one. Anna, if you are watching, get shade 233, I think it's right up your street"

"This is because of Anna. There are two products I picked up because of her"

"If Anna loves them so much, I probably will as well"

"The other Anna recommendation is the Instant Concealer from Clarins [...] I ended up giving it away to a friend, then I saw Anna raving about it, [...] I repurchased it"

"I think Anna's got amazing skin and she doesn't have very dark circles, so she doesn't need much, whereas I feel like I have to layer this quite a lot"

ChloeVFA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChloeVFA »

suzy wrote:How many times has she said she doesn't like to shop in sales?! Oh, poor Lily.

"I think Anna would love this one. Anna, if you are watching, get shade 233, I think it's right up your street"

"The other Anna recommendation is the Instant Concealer from Clarins [...] I ended up giving it away to a friend, then I saw Anna raving about it, [...] I repurchased it"

"I think Anna's got amazing skin and she doesn't have very dark circles, so she doesn't need much, whereas I feel like I have to layer this quite a lot"
Single White Female Syndrome.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

suzy wrote:How many times has she said she doesn't like to shop in sales?! Oh, poor Lily.
To remind us that we're peasants and she's not? :D

I never even noticed this about Anna LOL

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

And even after repurchasing it she still hated it!

I have to agree with her dislike of sales to be honest - i hate going into a shop with racks and racks of clothes - love a bargain but i lose the will to live in shops that are full of people pulling and shoving :)
I wish Lily would get a bit of colour into her wardrobe, i think red would be fab on her but she seems determined to stick with the black/grey/white theme.

Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ombre_so_over »

"January isn't quite as tough for us". Oh fuck off.

I'm really beginning to detest her stupid voice. The 1000X Anna mentions were also not necessary.
Get your own personality Lily! All of her clothing purchases were soooo boring.

Return to “Lily Pebbles”