dustyohunter

barelythick
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: dustyohunter

Post by barelythick »

Yesss! I love him! He's soooo talented, and puts so much time and effort into his videos, and it shows! He knows his stuff for sure, and I really appreciate that. I also love that he uses some brands that are smaller so I can hear about them. He's hilarious too. New fav.

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

I like his videos too.

biatchyhoney
Informer
Informer

Post by biatchyhoney »

i love him, he's hilarious. i find his videos really relaxing. i love how much time he takes to do things, like his halloween videos, they were so well done!

Post by Guest »

The production values for his Halloween makeup series are superior! The intro and outros are as funny as the talent he shows in the makeup application.

hustle rose~
Informer
Informer

Post by hustle rose~ »

He's my favorite male guru!

I love that he does Estee Lauder reviews.

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by choochy »

abbbygril wrote:The production values for his Halloween makeup series are superior! The intro and outros are as funny as the talent he shows in the makeup application.
i totally agree! i always liked him but the effort he has put into his videos are absolutely stellar.

did you see his video about the mac brushes? i had to watch that review about 5 times because it was sheer funnies. love love love him.
:love2: :love2:

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

I don't understand why Dustin doesn't have a lot of subscribers. Some of his YouTube friends are Cora (vintageortacky), Angie (goldiestarling), and Bethany (iwant2c1video). You would think Dustin will the same amount of subscribers, but sadly he doesn't. He defintely should have more than gregorygorgeous.

beautysuperwoman
Informer
Informer

Post by beautysuperwoman »

Emerald wrote:I don't understand why Dustin doesn't have a lot of subscribers. Some of his YouTube friends are Cora (vintageortacky), Angie (goldiestarling), and Bethany (iwant2c1video). You would think Dustin will the same amount of subscribers, but sadly he doesn't. He defintely should have more than gregorygorgeous.
I swear, I think that a lot of people would sub to him if they actually took the time to watch his videos and pay attention, he is always insightful and carefully considered. People just have the attention span of a gnat most of time.
I just really love candles, and Nars Orgasm blush, and all things MAC, and Bath and Body Works Sales, and Michael Kors, and my boyfriendandmypuppy!!!!

really.

theshadeofitall
Lurker
Lurker

Post by theshadeofitall »

beautysuperwoman wrote:
Emerald wrote:I don't understand why Dustin doesn't have a lot of subscribers. Some of his YouTube friends are Cora (vintageortacky), Angie (goldiestarling), and Bethany (iwant2c1video). You would think Dustin will the same amount of subscribers, but sadly he doesn't. He defintely should have more than gregorygorgeous.
I swear, I think that a lot of people would sub to him if they actually took the time to watch his videos and pay attention, he is always insightful and carefully considered. People just have the attention span of a gnat most of time.
It's so true! Maybe he's just too fabulous for the average youtube-watcher to comprehend. Although, I guess a perk of being lesser known is that it doesn't seem like he has to deal with many haterz.

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

beautysuperwoman wrote:
I don't know if it has anything to do with attention span because like I said Cora have way more subs than him and I could easily put her and Dustin in the same category (freelance makeup artists). It could be the products he talks about and the fact that it's not relatable to the average viewer. I don't know anybody in their right mind that would spend $750 for a makeup bag. I know he's a makeup artist and everything, but that's still ridiculous even for a makeup artist. He's also selling face charts for $10 while on Klaire's blog you can use her face charts for free with different skin tones. I still love Dustin's videos.

beautysuperwoman
Informer
Informer

Emerald wrote:
beautysuperwoman wrote:
I don't know if it has anything to do with attention span because like I said Cora have way more subs than him and I could easily put her and Dustin in the same category (freelance makeup artists). It could be the products he talks about and the fact that it's not relatable to the average viewer. I don't know anybody in their right mind that would spend $750 for a makeup bag. I know he's a makeup artist and everything, but that's still ridiculous even for a makeup artist. He's also selling face charts for $10 while on Klaire's blog you can use her face charts for free with different skin tones. I still love Dustin's videos.
Dozens of these guru girls buy completely out of hand expensive purses, but Dustin having a $750 bag for his work.....
That's not that shocking to me.

Don't even get me started on Michael Kors watches....
I just really love candles, and Nars Orgasm blush, and all things MAC, and Bath and Body Works Sales, and Michael Kors, and my boyfriendandmypuppy!!!!

really.

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

I know it's for his job I already say that. To me I don't think it make any difference if it's for work or not. I just personally think it's too much money on a makeup bag. I'm not giving Dustin any excuse because it's his job. As for these other gurus yes they do buy expensive bags and it's sick how materialistic they are, but we're talking about an underrated real beauty guru here not the fake ones. I don't want to come off as rude, but that's how I feel about the whole thing.

beautysuperwoman
Informer
Informer

Emerald wrote:I know it's for his job I already say that. To me I don't think it make any difference if it's for work or not. I just personally think it's too much money on a makeup bag. I'm not giving Dustin any excuse because it's his job. As for these other gurus yes they do buy expensive bags and it's sick how materialistic they are, but we're talking about an underrated real beauty guru here not the fake ones. I don't want to come off as rude, but that's how I feel about the whole thing.
no that's fair, I don't think you came off rude. I hope I didn't either, I was just trying to play devil's advocate.

I think what I was trying to put across, is that buying ridiculously expensive things doesn't seem to cost the big gurus any subbies, so technically if it's a voyeurism thing, it shouldn't affect Dustin either. I think that those of us who roll our eyes at excessive purchasing habits are the minority, and the majority sits there in jealousy and wants to see more.

I think his lack of subs is more about the fact that it's not as fun for people to watch.

really.

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

beautysuperwoman wrote:
Emerald wrote:I know it's for his job I already say that. To me I don't think it make any difference if it's for work or not. I just personally think it's too much money on a makeup bag. I'm not giving Dustin any excuse because it's his job. As for these other gurus yes they do buy expensive bags and it's sick how materialistic they are, but we're talking about an underrated real beauty guru here not the fake ones. I don't want to come off as rude, but that's how I feel about the whole thing.
no that's fair, I don't think you came off rude. I hope I didn't either, I was just trying to play devil's advocate.

I think what I was trying to put across, is that buying ridiculously expensive things doesn't seem to cost the big gurus any subbies, so technically if it's a voyeurism thing, it shouldn't affect Dustin either. I think that those of us who roll our eyes at excessive purchasing habits are the minority, and the majority sits there in jealousy and wants to see more.

I think his lack of subs is more about the fact that it's not as fun for people to watch.
I agree. If Dustin did more tutorials more people would watch him. He hasn't done a makeup tutorial since October.

beautysuperwoman
Informer
Informer

Emerald wrote: I agree. If Dustin did more tutorials more people would watch him. He hasn't done a makeup tutorial since October.
I see why he doesn't, because it does take lot's of time and effort, and he may not feel like he has original inspirations, or whatnot.

But I feel like i would happily watch his take on things that have already been done a million times.

really.

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

Dustin can do a makeup tutorial with Jay. That would be funny.

beautysuperwoman
Informer
Informer

make it happen dustin!!!

really.

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by choochy »

i fell in love with him over hallowe'en...i loved him before but gosh, that was epic, i'm still feeling the talent. lolz. <3
:love2: :love2:

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

I wish Dustin didn't mention that he was wearing Gucci shoes. I thought it was really random thing to say in a tutorial about face charts and unnessary. He was funny in the video though. As for the face charts themselves, I still prefer Klaire's.

beautysuperwoman
Informer
Informer

Emerald wrote:I wish Dustin didn't mention that he was wearing Gucci shoes. I thought it was really random thing to say in a tutorial about face charts and unnessary. He was funny in the video though. As for the face charts themselves, I still prefer Klaire's.
I think he was just referencing that he can back up his Tom Ford fandom..... (I bought a pair of Tom Ford sunglasses when they first came out and even though I broke them years ago, I still talk about them when I reference anything I love about Tom Ford, which is everything. He's my ultimate gay crush).

really.

Return to “dustyohunter”