Eugenia Cooney

blayba
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Eugenia Cooney

Post by blayba »

It would be interesting to see Eugenia's thought processes. She definitely enjoys attention but it seems that she might be upset by the attention she's received recently. That, or she's strategically not posting in order to stay relevant in the current news cycle. I recall seeing one picture of her aged around 10, and even then she was very thin. It could be a combination of anorexia and something else. People have mentioned that she might be autistic, I think she could be based on her undying preoccupation with A Nightmare Before Christmas. She could possibly be repulsed by the smell/texture of food since she was a young child which led to her always being at a low weight, and somewhere along the way she also fell into anorexia, but that's just speculation.

I've felt the rush of accomplishment seeing a lower number on the scale, for her it must feel a hundred times better, like nirvana, and it's too good to stop.

The YouTube videos on Eugenia don't seem to have anything useful or unique to say. It would take a really powerful wake up call for her to decide to recover, but I'm not sure if it's even possible for her to wake up anymore.

WhateverJ
Debater
Debater

Post by WhateverJ »

I never post here because I don't even watch Eugenia and avoid looking at her so that I don't get triggered but I just need to say - to everyone who's like "bEiNg fOrCeD iNtO tReAtMeAnT dOeSn'T eVeR wOrK" and yes you need to want to recover to be able to mentally benefit from treatment. BUT they will save your life anyway.
Sometimes it's not about full recovery but about getting the person to a physical state where they don't risk dropping dead.

I went right back into my old ways the first time I got forces into involuntary hospitalization but if they didn't commit me I wouldn't survive another month. So sometimes it's about saving your life until you can realise you want to get better.
So stfu with the anti-treatment posts because that's the only option unless you want her dead.
Don't get bitter, just get better. Get a grip, get a life, and get over it. :love2:

kb925
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kb925 »

YouTube will be in hot water if something happens to her. However, it won't amount to much. Simply because Eugenia is an adult. They cannot force her to get help. People shouldn't watch her, but it's not technically illegal or anything that she's doing, unfortunately. The only thing it can be slightly considered is self harm, but because she never admits she doesn't eat and is hurting herself, she could easily fight that claim.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

Honestly the most I can see happening is a public outrage that may get attention in the UK because they've lately been concerned with mental health and how social media influences it, especially through self-harm. From what I've heard they've been brutal with Facebook/Instagram (which is owned by Facebook now, no?) for having report functions that don't do anything, I think YouTube would end up being in the same boat here because her videos aren't even age restricted and people have been reporting them for ages. At the end of the day, YouTube has to be mindful of the fact that their consumers are kids of an impressionable age. Plus, the entire thing will extend to Instagram.

Mind you, that's mostly unlikely but it's just another situation to underline how shit social media is at protecting kids from content that can be very dangerous. You can sit there and argue that this is just a reality and kids should see that, but the amount of lesson I've sat through where teachers had to tell us the dangers of social media and that when researching we should avoid those 'pro-ana' websites is unreal and shows that even adults aware that it can be damaging to someone.

peachiez
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by peachiez »

Does anyone know any social media websites where pro-ana stuff is against the terms of service? Obviously I'm sure people still manage to sneak through the cracks and make pro-ana accounts anyway. I was just wondering if there was any place where it's stated in the rules that it's not allowed? If there is any websites out there with somewhat strict rules regarding it, I do think there's the tiniest possible chance youtube could follow.

Post by Guest »

SereneSelenophile wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:48 pm
peachiez wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:08 pm
Something else worth showing:old pictures of Eugenia. I'm unsure exactly when the date is for these pictures but you can tell it's not recent.

Her arms in the second picture remind me of when I was at my thinnest growing up. I've never had an eating disorder but I was underweight to the point where people were convinced I did have one.
It honestly breaks my heart to see the difference..
That first photo of her is probably the best she ever looked during her time online. She's so beautiful when she's a healthy weight, it breaks my heart.

StasiaPrincess0
Debater
Debater

Post by StasiaPrincess0 »

saltypineapple wrote:
SereneSelenophile wrote:
peachiez wrote: Something else worth showing:old pictures of Eugenia. I'm unsure exactly when the date is for these pictures but you can tell it's not recent.

Her arms in the second picture remind me of when I was at my thinnest growing up. I've never had an eating disorder but I was underweight to the point where people were convinced I did have one.
That first photo of her is probably the best she ever looked during her time online. She's so beautiful when she's a healthy weight, it breaks my heart.
She has never been a healthy weight while running her YouTube channel. I’m sure she would be beautiful at a healthy weight though.

I’m not sure if you were saying she looks healthy in the first picture. That’s mainly the purpose of my comment. Her face looks surprisingly “healthy” in comparison to her weight. We can’t see her body in the first picture, so we can’t know if that’s a healthy weight.

Post by Guest »

StasiaPrincess0 wrote:
saltypineapple wrote:
SereneSelenophile wrote:
peachiez wrote: Something else worth showing:old pictures of Eugenia. I'm unsure exactly when the date is for these pictures but you can tell it's not recent.

She has never been a healthy weight while running her YouTube channel. I’m sure she would be beautiful at a healthy weight though.

I’m not sure if you were saying she looks healthy in the first picture. That’s mainly the purpose of my comment. Her face looks surprisingly “healthy” in comparison to her weight. We can’t see her body in the first picture, so we can’t know if that’s a healthy weight.
Oh yes! I should have worded that differently, my apologies. She's underweight in that picture for sure, but compared to now she's a healthier weight then. Her face looks much more 'alive' in the old picture! There's those photos of her in her Jonas Brothers phase and while she was extremely thin then, she still had a fuller face, making her look healthier, at least.

randomMcRandom
Informer
Informer

Post by randomMcRandom »

Please continue all discussion in PART TWO (link below)!! We've hit 40, so it's time to start a part 2 of Eugenia Cooney

viewtopic.php?f=186&t=35085

Return to “Eugenia Cooney”