Hannah Maggs

MalinaNox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hannah Maggs

Post by MalinaNox »

Mugoo wrote:Grayson's only 9 months old - most women in the UK take 12 months maternity leave.

I'm back off to work tomorrow and my son is just short of 8 months now - I'm ready to do other things and he is ready to spend some time in a lovely nursery.
You are lucky if you get 3 months in the states. Yay, capitalism. :rofl:

ohsotwee
Learner
Learner

Post by ohsotwee »

It depends on your maternity policy at work but most women in the uk will take 6-9 months off. Personally, I think maternity leave would drive me up the wall.

ourhouse
Learner
Learner

Post by ourhouse »

ok, we get it stef- you really, really, really like your drone

MalinaNox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MalinaNox »

ourhouse wrote:ok, we get it stef- you really, really, really like your drone
Yeah, we really didn't need see their neighbors' yards.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

The drone is cool for the occasional shot of London but it doesn't really add anything groundbreaking to the vlogs.WE want to see them as a family more than shots of london

ohsotwee
Learner
Learner

Post by ohsotwee »

Hopefully the novelty will wear off soon - some of the shots make me feel a bit dizzy

Also I would have thought they would be a bit careful about showing where they live - maybe they haven't reached the zoella level of stalker fan crazies yet

misslost
Lurker
Lurker

Post by misslost »

I'm in love with their drone shots - I'm not from the UK and I love how the Michalaks give me opportunity to peek into the city <3 And the way Stef edits it all beautifully makes it better than any street view app! Plus I love that they show daily life but not in a way SJs do it - instead of 20 minutes walking around the house and doing literally nothing, they mix it up with city sights and nice restaurants, put wonderful (!) independent music in the background - I can't find words and I don't think they get enough recognition for their job with the vids.

Natasja11
Talker
Talker

Post by Natasja11 »

when i first came across them before gleam took them under there wing, i really liked them, i thought there vlogs were modern and they put effort into there vlogs, but in recent times now there all buddys with the british crew, there now so fake and they both have super big egos now they have been noticed. I hate the rudeness in there vlogs, it just ruins it. they constantly swear and make it sound like there baby is saying it is soooo unattractive, just makes an innocent become un cute. and there remark on jesus in recent vlog was disgusting. i'm not religious at all, but i do think that when you have a fan base, these kind of arrogant remarks are unacceptable! stef has a very old close minded personality,just like his dad, with the racist, sexist and rudeness remarks. he needs to get with the times and act more like the hipster hes soo trying to be.

Xovwa
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Xovwa »

Not sure how to post pictures or if I'm allowed to post a link but I found Stefan's facebook and in July he wrote a status informing everyone that Grayson was being a 'total prick'

Something's you think but don't say... Or post on facebook

MrsH
Learner
Learner

Post by MrsH »

I have to say the more I watch them the less I like them, it feels like maybe their true personalities are coming out a bit more now they are comfortable ie calling Hannah a slut in front of Grayson and the swearing

MalinaNox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MalinaNox »

MrsH wrote:I have to say the more I watch them the less I like them, it feels like maybe their true personalities are coming out a bit more now they are comfortable ie calling Hannah a slut in front of Grayson and the swearing
I couldn't agree me.

toomuchfreetime
Talker
Talker

Post by toomuchfreetime »

MalinaNox wrote:
MrsH wrote:I have to say the more I watch them the less I like them, it feels like maybe their true personalities are coming out a bit more now they are comfortable ie calling Hannah a slut in front of Grayson and the swearing
I couldn't agree me.
They were so fresh at the start that they made me feel like I want a cute little family like them but dear god, the fame is killing them and it's such a shame. Too many cringing comments made by Stef for me to continue to watch and it's a shame, that baby is so cute I feel like I am watching a friends baby growing up. He is a good editor but he is over-doing it now with all the color effects and black and white mode, it's not so easy to watch anymore. I am not even going to comment again about them complaining too much. I know it's hard to have a baby but the way they say it, it often sounds like they were punished by having a baby. It's just a weird vibe.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

Didn't they post work at now/heat magazine or some sort of publication like that? Working at somewhere which turns trashy people into celebrities for no reason has seemed to run off on them a little. Stef more so than hannah

MalinaNox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MalinaNox »

toomuchfreetime wrote:
MalinaNox wrote:
I couldn't agree me.
They were so fresh at the start that they made me feel like I want a cute little family like them but dear god, the fame is killing them and it's such a shame. Too many cringing comments made by Stef for me to continue to watch and it's a shame, that baby is so cute I feel like I am watching a friends baby growing up. He is a good editor but he is over-doing it now with all the color effects and black and white mode, it's not so easy to watch anymore. I am not even going to comment again about them complaining too much. I know it's hard to have a baby but the way they say it, it often sounds like they were punished by having a baby. It's just a weird vibe.
Hannah also acts like doing the laundry is the hardest thing in the world. I also agree that the videos are getting much harder to watch now too.

oh_n0ez
Talker
Talker

Post by oh_n0ez »

I do generally like their vlogs, it's very clear the amount of effort Stef puts into editing them, which is pretty impressive given a lot of "famous" youtubers are half-assing it these days. I think they're a very sweet family and I love Grayson! But there are a few things that have been bothering me. As someone above mentioned, letting Grayson chew on menus at restaurants. As someone who's worked in restaurants, we don't have an infinite amount of extra menus on hand if someone lets their baby destroy it. I just think it reeks of entitlement.

And Stefan's drone...he's going to get himself arrested, seriously. The shots are cool, but it's a complete invasion of his neighbors' privacy to send the thing out their living room window. I looked up UK drone laws and the operator must be within 150ft of the drone at all times. Sending it off to the park to film strangers is illegal (also what if he got a shot of someone taking a shower or something as it flies by the neighbor's houses?) I think he feels a lot of entitlement from their youtube popularity, which is why it didn't even dawn on him that the museum wouldn't be chill about him flying it around. I'm amazed they only let him off with a reprimand. Do you think he actually applied for the commercial drone license as they told him to? Or is he just hoping not to get caught again?

MalinaNox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MalinaNox »

oh_n0ez wrote:I do generally like their vlogs, it's very clear the amount of effort Stef puts into editing them, which is pretty impressive given a lot of "famous" youtubers are half-assing it these days. I think they're a very sweet family and I love Grayson! But there are a few things that have been bothering me. As someone above mentioned, letting Grayson chew on menus at restaurants. As someone who's worked in restaurants, we don't have an infinite amount of extra menus on hand if someone lets their baby destroy it. I just think it reeks of entitlement.

And Stefan's drone...he's going to get himself arrested, seriously. The shots are cool, but it's a complete invasion of his neighbors' privacy to send the thing out their living room window. I looked up UK drone laws and the operator must be within 150ft of the drone at all times. Sending it off to the park to film strangers is illegal (also what if he got a shot of someone taking a shower or something as it flies by the neighbor's houses?) I think he feels a lot of entitlement from their youtube popularity, which is why it didn't even dawn on him that the museum wouldn't be chill about him flying it around. I'm amazed they only let him off with a reprimand. Do you think he actually applied for the commercial drone license as they told him to? Or is he just hoping not to get caught again?
They were also letting him chew on the buckle of the chair (so gross). She really needs to get some teething rings and put a gate on those stairs.

I also hate how they both act like its ok to call Hannah a bitch all the time.

ohsotwee
Learner
Learner

Post by ohsotwee »

Why does Stef call Hannah "Kony" - has this ever been discussed?

PoorGracie
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by PoorGracie »

ohsotwee wrote:Why does Stef call Hannah "Kony" - has this ever been discussed?
In one of the early videos they address it. Basically Stef thought it would be funny to call his significant other (I can't remember if this was before or after they were married) the name of a horrible person as a nickname- funny in an ironic way I guess....

ohsotwee
Learner
Learner

Post by ohsotwee »

Yeah I guess that's his type of humour

hellcatspangled
Learner
Learner

Post by hellcatspangled »

ohsotwee wrote:I think hannah would be happier with a real job where she gets out of the house and talks to actual adults. It can't be fun being all together almost 24/7 whilst trying to do things vlog worthy.

I think the Creepy Bastard and baby rap thing proves they are gradually losing the plot.

I have to say though as a couple I do like them
That's what I thought, I actually asked if she missed her old job, of course I got attacked by minions, which has really turned me off their vlogs now :/

Return to ā€œHannah Maggsā€