Good on you, Marlena!

toph_bei_fong
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Good on you, Marlena!

Post by toph_bei_fong »

I'm honestly surprised there aren't more posts here in the rave section about Marlena/MakeupGeekTV!

She is, hands down, my favorite YT makeup guru. I think she's a skilled, knowledgeable educator who has really worked hard over the past few years, and it shows. There are so many makeup gurus out there who (a) are too proud to pursue education opportunities to make themselves better, (b) are starting businesses left and right without any concern with running them properly or nurturing them to be long-lasting and high quality, and (c) are explicitly lying to their subbies about getting cosmetic procedures done.

I don't mean to exclusively define Marlena by what she isn't, though; I just really like and admire her, and think we could probably be friends if we knew each other in real life.

So, given that I know Marlena or her employees check in her from time to time, I guess I just wanted to start something like an encouragement thread to say: Well done, Marlena! Keep up the good work! :HK:

DanceDance
Learner
Learner

Re: Good on you, Marlena!

Post by DanceDance »

I couldn't agree more. I have so much respect and admiration for her. She is a smart, strong, very hard-working lady who has got to where she is through her own diligence, caring, and cleverness. She works hard at her business to make sure it is the best it can be. She works hard to improve her own skills and to educate others.

Most importantly, you can tell she cares very deeply about making the people around her, herself, and her viewers feel beautiful, loved, and cared for. She wants us to be "healthy and happy!", and that really sums up Marlena.

She is a beautiful person inside and out, and I wish her all the best as she goes from strength strength.

toph_bei_fong
Learner
Learner

Post by toph_bei_fong »

DanceDance wrote:I couldn't agree more. I have so much respect and admiration for her. She is a smart, strong, very hard-working lady who has got to where she is through her own diligence, caring, and cleverness. She works hard at her business to make sure it is the best it can be. She works hard to improve her own skills and to educate others.

Most importantly, you can tell she cares very deeply about making the people around her, herself, and her viewers feel beautiful, loved, and cared for. She wants us to be "healthy and happy!", and that really sums up Marlena.

She is a beautiful person inside and out, and I wish her all the best as she goes from strength strength.
Yes! Beautifully said.

flea
Talker
Talker

Post by flea »

I personally don't think she's THAT talented as a make up artist but she is the only guru I can think of whose own products are actually good! I haven't tried them myself but what I have seen from swatches and other gurus using them in tutorials has seriously impressed me. Fair play to her!

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”