How many Facebook Friends do you have?

Doctor's Companion
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: How many Facebook Friends do you have?

Post by Doctor's Companion »

43. I used to have around 250 but I deleted a load of people, rather than removing my Facebook completely, since I need it for group uni assignments and stuff. So basically the only people I have on it are people I'm currently doing an assignment with, friends that have moved interstate or overseas and close friends. To keep my Facebook this way I only add people if I've:

1. Talked to them within the last few months.
2. Actually like them.
3. Feel comfortable with them knowing personal stuff about me (suburb I live in, etc).
4. Met them irl before. I don't care if they've known someone I know for years - they're still a stranger to me.

effervescence
Informer
Informer

Post by effervescence »

538. I don't go around adding friends, and I only accept requests from people I know personally.

Trips
Talker
Talker

Post by Trips »

About 400.

I know them all and have met them all in real life. Many of them are from school and so don't necessarily speak to them anymore, but its nice to know what people are up to these days.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create. - Albert Einstein

JbMaun
Talker
Talker

Post by JbMaun »

532. I did a deleting spree a couple months ago and got rid of 100+ people I went to high school with. it felt good. haha

pinky
Learner
Learner

Post by pinky »

I have over 1,000, and I know almost all of them. I live in a pretty big town and went to one middle school that mostly went to one highschool, but I went to a different highschool than the kids from my middle school went to. Sooo I know practically every teen in my town because of that. Plus neighbors and family and kids who I've met out that go to private schools. Also a few people I've met on vacation. I guess you could say I'm really social. You may not believe that I know that many people, but my town has about 80 or 90,000 people living in it, so in reality I only know a small chunk of the people here. 1,000 is still quite a lot though. And NO I am not saying I'm friends with all of these people, but I do know them all. Probably like 100 or so I would actually consider friends of mine.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

pinky wrote:I have over 1,000, and I know almost all of them. I live in a pretty big town and went to one middle school that mostly went to one highschool, but I went to a different highschool than the kids from my middle school went to. Sooo I know practically every teen in my town because of that. Plus neighbors and family and kids who I've met out that go to private schools. Also a few people I've met on vacation. I guess you could say I'm really social. You may not believe that I know that many people, but my town has about 80 or 90,000 people living in it, so in reality I only know a small chunk of the people here. 1,000 is still quite a lot though. And NO I am not saying I'm friends with all of these people, but I do know them all. Probably like 100 or so I would actually consider friends of mine.
100 actual friends. jeez, you must be magic :halo: I come from 250,000 population town and now live in 7,000,000 and don't think saying 80-90 thousand population is big and that's why you have so many FB friends :)))

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

pinky wrote:I have over 1,000, and I know almost all of them. I live in a pretty big town and went to one middle school that mostly went to one highschool, but I went to a different highschool than the kids from my middle school went to. Sooo I know practically every teen in my town because of that. Plus neighbors and family and kids who I've met out that go to private schools. Also a few people I've met on vacation. I guess you could say I'm really social. You may not believe that I know that many people, but my town has about 80 or 90,000 people living in it, so in reality I only know a small chunk of the people here. 1,000 is still quite a lot though. And NO I am not saying I'm friends with all of these people, but I do know them all. Probably like 100 or so I would actually consider friends of mine.

Jesus, 100 friends? I have about 10 people in my life who I actually consider "friends" and I thought that was a lot.

pinky
Learner
Learner

Post by pinky »

Alka wrote:
100 actual friends. jeez, you must be magic :halo: I come from 250,000 population town and now live in 7,000,000 and don't think saying 80-90 thousand population is big and that's why you have so many FB friends :)))
Uhh what do you mean I must be magic? Lol, I think it's big but maybe that's cause I'm young

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

^^^ I'm quite surprised too, I have like 10-15 friends and that's a lot for me.

pinky
Learner
Learner

Post by pinky »

Diorette wrote:^^^ I'm quite surprised too, I have like 10-15 friends and that's a lot for me.
I'm one of those people that talks to everyone. I have a lot of different friends in different groups. I'm a really social person lol and there are kind of a lot of people in my school if that makes it more fathomable for you. Is that a word? I hope so

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

we are all young here with an exception of very few posters

Blueberry
Informer
Informer

Post by Blueberry »

katepants
Learner
Learner

Post by katepants »

At the moment I have 189 friends on FB. I just went on a huge deleting-spree, because I got fed up with seeing too much shit from people I don't care about at all. I would say maybe half of the friends I have left can actually see what I post. (not that I post very often... lol)

roro
Learner
Learner

Post by roro »

This may sound like way too much, but I have 1550 friends, and I know each and every one of them. Not friends with that many, but I know everyone, I have a few friends that live in other cities and I haven't met them face to face, but we're in contact.
I live in a city 50000 people, around 100-200 friends I have are from the capital city with 1,000,000 population.

lalal0ve
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lalal0ve »

well I actually deactivated it but before I did I had around 230.

~~♥above it all♥~~
Informer
Informer

Post by ~~♥above it all♥~~ »

212 friends. I really do not feel the need to add every person I see. If i know you I will add you. most of my friends are my family ( and I have a lot of family).

amberloo
Learner
Learner

Post by amberloo »

I know all of them in some way, personally, family or through business. I just couldn't add strangers and have them knowing what I'm up to.
I had fun once, it was awful.

geo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by geo »

I can honestly say, besides about 3 or 4 who are online friends, I have met every single one of my Facebook friends in real life. I'm sure it happens with everyone at school but you just add everyone in your year.

FireBug
Lurker
Lurker

Post by FireBug »

376. I used to have around 1200, but my newsfeed kept getting more and more filled with stupid blabbering and arguments, so I spent a few hours deleting people. Now, I have it where I only friend people that I know and speak to on a regular basis.

LovePotion009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LovePotion009 »

I have 80 something. I know people who will except people just for the sake of big numbers. That make no sense to have people on there you don't even know unless somehow those connections can benefit you in some way like through sales of a product or service. What's really crazy is when people are specific to where they are be it at home and showing the location or a party a restaurant, gym, act. You can be sure when you have tons of unknown Facebook "strangers" there probably is one unhealthy dangerous person. They practically are setting themselves up for stalking.

Return to “Facebook”