missremiashten

bamababe88
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: missremiashten

Post by bamababe88 »

I'm not sure how those clothes in her black friday haul are going to fit her :? and those booties from Target are ugly and look just like those other ugly bratz boots she has.

Crystalized300
Informer
Informer

Post by Crystalized300 »

mapledownloader wrote:Does she go to school? I remember she went to UCR. And if she does go to school what year is she in her 4th last year of college?
She went to UCR for a year but dropped out after that. She claimed that she was going back recently, but that was obviously a lie. I don't really have a problem with her as a person, but given the amount of opportunities she has, she does nothing with them! She said one of the reasons she dropped from school was because it was too expensive, yet buys herself a car worth two years at UCR, then the apartment, and constantly going out with her friends. She justifies these purchases by saying she works really hard - but I hardly see any effort put into her main channel or vlogs. She seems like one of those YTers who waits around for sponserships so the money can roll in and continue to support her do-nothing habits. On top of that, her family supports her, so I don't understand why she insists on doing nothing all day. Even rich kids in LA develop some kind of hobby - charities, appearances, organizations, boutiques, etc. She has all this money and refuses to do anything with it other than sit around and get fat. (Don't act like you haven't ballooned, Remi.)

xkiwilava
Informer
Informer

Post by xkiwilava »

Crystalized300 wrote:
mapledownloader wrote:Does she go to school? I remember she went to UCR. And if she does go to school what year is she in her 4th last year of college?
She went to UCR for a year but dropped out after that. She claimed that she was going back recently, but that was obviously a lie. I don't really have a problem with her as a person, but given the amount of opportunities she has, she does nothing with them! She said one of the reasons she dropped from school was because it was too expensive, yet buys herself a car worth two years at UCR, then the apartment, and constantly going out with her friends. She justifies these purchases by saying she works really hard - but I hardly see any effort put into her main channel or vlogs. She seems like one of those YTers who waits around for sponserships so the money can roll in and continue to support her do-nothing habits. On top of that, her family supports her, so I don't understand why she insists on doing nothing all day. Even rich kids in LA develop some kind of hobby - charities, appearances, organizations, boutiques, etc. She has all this money and refuses to do anything with it other than sit around and get fat. (Don't act like you haven't ballooned, Remi.)
Yes to all of this. I live in LA and there are definitely a lot of "rich kids" (I'm friends with some), but there is a huge difference between them and Remi/the other lazy girls who make bank on YT. For example I have a friend who has parents that are actors so they have a ton of money, and yes she has expensive spending habits/shops a lot, but she is also really into fitness and is in school and gives free fitness classes to middle school girls when she's not in class. I have a few other friends heavily involved in charities and volunteer work and a few girls I know are using their family's money to work on clothing lines and stuff like that. There's nothing wrong with having money as long as you still do something useful with your time. If she actually was still in school we wouldn't be on her as much about it. But she literally does nothing all day except spend time with bitches who seem like they talk shit about her behind her back, she neglects her poor dog, and she acts like she's going to die if someone knocks on her door.

chunkemonke
Talker
Talker

Post by chunkemonke »

I love how she so casually flings around these clothes and ...doesn't...notice...they...are....not....her....size...?

None of that looked like it was gonna fit her, nevertheless the couple pieces she said would be "flattering."

LOL@ that crop sweater tank top, uhm is that for your dog? Shit is not gonna fit.

Obv. she's gonna make it fit, but ew don't wanna see that.

Remi instead of wasting your time shopping, and your money shopping, invest more into your damn health. Also torrid is that way ---> gtfo with trying to wear size small you bimbo.

Okay rant aside... if she refuses to take care of her weight for health reasons, or aesthetic reasons (youd assume as shallow as youtubers are this would be motivation), and is making so much money why can't she just wear clothes that are her size? I mean shape wise nothing is gonna look amazing on someone with a potato shaped body but she could at least try, and upsize. And by upsize I dont mean a size large at VS I mean plus size clothing.

Crystalized300
Informer
Informer

Post by Crystalized300 »

Sometimes I feel bad for all the hate she gets because she seems like a genuinely insecure person, which is probably why she buys clothes two sizes too small and uses her money to buy flashy things that'll detract from the fact that she's overweight. I'm sure she's completely aware of the fact that she's overweight, and I feel like she tries to hide behind her more attractive friends to feel worthwhile. Like whenever she's out in public, she keeps to herself and looks down a lot, wearing the same basic clothes she knows are on trend, whereas Polina likes to be open and is constantly moving/talking. Seriously, if she reads this forum, I encourage her to go back to school, learn more about herself away from the superficial LA YT'ers, get real friends, and become more confident in who she is and her decisions.

horrorwriter
Learner
Learner

Post by horrorwriter »

I wonder if she's just scared and lost right now. Remi and I are fairly close in age since I'm 20, and am 21 in April. I understand how hard it is to be confused and unsure of everything. I have to drop out of college after the Spring semester, just because I can't afford it. I wish Remi would find a job, and try to discover herself right now while she is young and has all these opportunities. I had difficulty admitting I need to wear size mediums, since my entire life I was x small. My weight gain was needed though since I was 85 lb at 5' tall for a long time and now am 106 lb (yeah still tiny compared to others) but I was so sad and felt disgusting for it, so I wonder if she feels like if she buys clothing in her size it's her admitting she is not as small as she once was. I think if she dressed in clothes that fit and compliment her she would look great, I don't think Remi is ugly out of shape yes, but not ugly.

Crystalized300
Informer
Informer

Post by Crystalized300 »

^^This. I think she also feels pressured to buy smaller sizes, esp when she's out with her friends so she doesn't have to say outloud that she needs an XL. Or she's worried if they want to borrow something and might shame her by saying her clothes are way too big for them.

I feel like she buys herself all these things to fill some kind of insecure void she has. Other people go to school + YT or have so many endorsements they can't possibly have time for school either. She has neither of these, so she makes up for it by saying, "Screw it. I'm gonna act like I have my life together", but it's so sad because I genuinely see how confused and alone she is. Sure, she has "friends" but they're either the fake asf YT ones, the ones from home who have lives, or her old college friends who've moved on.

She could always go back to school but that's like admitting defeat / she's not good enough to be a full-time YouTuber aka master of mediocre acting in front of a camera once a week to get paid for mentioning stuff no one cares about :tu: . I'm surprised she's almost at a million subs because she's kind of a snoozefest...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

julia_roberts
Informer
Informer

Post by julia_roberts »

If Remi addressed being bigger and did plus sized hauls she'd make a KILLING.
I realized she has issues when she was mad at Trisha
I have a five foot Pretty Woman poster on my wall, she is a God.

pgit
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pgit »

She could slowly make the transition to buying plus size clothes because it's getting out of hand when she first started Vlogging in college and I was curious as to how she was able to wear regular clothing but now with the weight gain it's impossible for her to still wear average sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xkiwilava
Informer
Informer

Post by xkiwilava »

Totally agree she would make a lot of money with plus-sized sponsorships since she has a ton of subscribers and people always comment on her videos that they love she's not stick thin like a lot of other youtubers. Kristee (Strawberry Electric) recently had a plus-sized company Gwen Bee or something like that, in one of her videos :tu:

corneliab91
Informer
Informer

Post by corneliab91 »

julia_roberts wrote:If Remi addressed being bigger and did plus sized hauls she'd make a KILLING.
I realized she has issues when she was mad at Trisha
Who is Trisha and what happened?

corneliab91
Informer
Informer

Post by corneliab91 »

Why is she filming not wearing pants wtf Image

bamababe88
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bamababe88 »

xkiwilava wrote:Totally agree she would make a lot of money with plus-sized sponsorships since she has a ton of subscribers and people always comment on her videos that they love she's not stick thin like a lot of other youtubers. Kristee (Strawberry Electric) recently had a plus-sized company Gwen Bee or something like that, in one of her videos :tu:
I was just coming here to mention this! I find it funny that gwynnie bee sent Kristee (I actually really like her because she has a life outside of YT) clothes and not Remi (pretty sure Remi has more subscribers) I'm wondering if they've approached Remi but she turned it down because it wouldn't fit her "skinny LA girl" image :roll:

bamababe88
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bamababe88 »

corneliab91 wrote:Why is she filming not wearing pants wtf Image

:?

Crystalized300
Informer
Informer

Post by Crystalized300 »

bamababe88 wrote:
xkiwilava wrote:Totally agree she would make a lot of money with plus-sized sponsorships since she has a ton of subscribers and people always comment on her videos that they love she's not stick thin like a lot of other youtubers. Kristee (Strawberry Electric) recently had a plus-sized company Gwen Bee or something like that, in one of her videos :tu:
I was just coming here to mention this! I find it funny that gwynnie bee sent Kristee (I actually really like her because she has a life outside of YT) clothes and not Remi (pretty sure Remi has more subscribers) I'm wondering if they've approached Remi but she turned it down because it wouldn't fit her "skinny LA girl" image :roll:
Remi would never be caught dead shopping at Torrid, let alone letting a plus-size brand be associated with her name. She doesn't even address the fact that she's big! In her mind, she's a size 2 like all her other friends. At least Trish isn't in denial and says she's fat and gonna own it.

Let's get real: who you put on camera is your brand. So far Remi's brand is overweight, unconfident, spoiled, childish, wasteful, dependent, not body positive, nutrition-challenged, do-nothing shopoholic.

bamababe88
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bamababe88 »

Crystalized300 wrote:
bamababe88 wrote:
Remi would never be caught dead shopping at Torrid, let alone letting a plus-size brand be associated with her name. She doesn't even address the fact that she's big! In her mind, she's a size 2 like all her other friends. At least Trish isn't in denial and says she's fat and gonna own it.

Let's get real: who you put on camera is your brand. So far Remi's brand is overweight, unconfident, spoiled, childish, wasteful, dependent, not body positive, nutrition-challenged, do-nothing shopoholic.
Whats sad is she COULD build a brand around being plus sized (she needs to be HEALTHY but she doesn't have to be a size 2) and I have a feeling that she could build on that and maybe gain some confidence if she would just admit to herself that she IS a bigger girl.

Crystalized300
Informer
Informer

Post by Crystalized300 »

She's said plenty of times in her rants that she knows she's overweight, yet she doesn't fully believe it. I agree with you that she needs to admit she's bigger and not everything that works for her friends will work for her.

Her Black Friday OOTD was awful - the flannel with cropped leggings made her look even rounder and shorter. It looks good on Hilary even though she IS bigger because she's a lot taller than Remi and isn't as disproportionately busty. She needs to go back to blond too, the dark makes her look frumpy, especially if she wants to act like a spoiled LA girl in her convertible.

pgit
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pgit »

Stop the press! She took Daisy out of a walk! Well she said she did!

bamababe88
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bamababe88 »

Does anybody think she'll ever wash those PJs? :? and PUT DOWN THE CAMERA AND PLAY WITH YOUR DOG!

bamababe88
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bamababe88 »

pgit wrote:Stop the press! She took Daisy out of a walk! Well she said she did!

If you she didn't vlog it did it ever really happen? ;)

Return to “MissRemiAshten”