Allthatglitters21 General Thread Part 3

greekgal
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Allthatglitters21 General Thread Part 3

Post by greekgal »

sgirl1 wrote:Ok maybe I'm mistaken. I always thought a fracture was different from a clean break.
I fractured my back in a cheerleading accident in middle school. I had made a comment about breaking my back, and my doctor was like, "Hey, you fractured it. Your spinal cord wasn't severed too. Not really as bad as a break!" I think it's one of those things where the definition is the same technically, but depending on who you ask. Also, it's a lot easier to just say you broke it; that's what I always say. But he may have just also been trying to keep me happy and not scared.

I definitely feel for Elle, those braces suck. Even though her dad is just a gynecologist, I'm sure they have great insurance with him being in the medical field. Which is good, because she'll need lots of physical therapy, not only for her back, but for her other muscles that wont be being used for months. On the bright side though, at least she'll make a full recovery.

Is anyone else expecting a video that is sponsored by the brand of her back brace?

hearts&flowers
Debater
Debater

Post by hearts&flowers »

A broken bone and a fracture are the same thing. Fracture is the correct term, medically speaking.

cwells084
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cwells084 »

I'm still a little surprised that none of the other YouTubers have publicly wished Elle well (unless they have and I missed it). I know they could have done it privately...but let's say they haven't--I would feel really hurt if I was Elle. I know those YouTubers aren't *real* friends...but c'mon, your colleague just fractured her back! It just seems cruel to not even acknowledge it.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

The Fowlers aren't exactly liked amongst the beauty community, even though they're all the same in what they do. I'm not surprised no one has wished her well, all those "youtube friendships" are nothing more than a way to cross promote for more money.

.xoxo
Informer
Informer

Post by .xoxo »

xyz wrote:
greekgal wrote:
sgirl1 wrote:Ok maybe I'm mistaken. I always thought a fracture was different from a clean break.
I fractured my back in a cheerleading accident in middle school. I had made a comment about breaking my back, and my doctor was like, "Hey, you fractured it. Your spinal cord wasn't severed too. Not really as bad as a break!" I think it's one of those things where the definition is the same technically, but depending on who you ask. Also, it's a lot easier to just say you broke it; that's what I always say. But he may have just also been trying to keep me happy and not scared.

I definitely feel for Elle, those braces suck. Even though her dad is just a gynecologist, I'm sure they have great insurance with him being in the medical field. Which is good, because she'll need lots of physical therapy, not only for her back, but for her other muscles that wont be being used for months. On the bright side though, at least she'll make a full recovery.

Is anyone else expecting a video that is sponsored by the brand of her back brace?
I understand that a fracture is essentially a break but like your doctor and the poster above, i admit, when i first read that she "broke" her back my first thought was that she severed it and could well be on her way to being paralyzed. If it had been worded as fractured i wouldn't have immediately went to the worst case scenario in my head. and this is going to sound mean but part of me feels like she is using the word "broke" to get a more dramatic response out of ppl. I mean, im not saying it's not possible that "broke" is just part of her vocab for something like this but it was definitely a thought.
A fracture is basically like a crack in the bone, but it's not displaced like say if you broke your leg and the bone to be set into place. Although I'd imagine a back fracture would be so painful because you have so many nerves that go out from your spine, plus when you're sitting up or standing you're always using your back muscles. The only time you're not using your back muscles is when you're laying down. Plus, like the person up there said she's going to need a lot of physical therapy which is painful too. I feel really bad for her.

ieatbooks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ieatbooks »

I think that the friends that Elle does have in the beauty community would be the types to reach out more personally than on Twitter.

CrumbledOreos
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CrumbledOreos »

^ I agree. I feel like a public acknowledgement is more of a cry for attention than a genuine well wishing.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

cwells084 wrote:I'm still a little surprised that none of the other YouTubers have publicly wished Elle well (unless they have and I missed it). I know they could have done it privately...but let's say they haven't--I would feel really hurt if I was Elle. I know those YouTubers aren't *real* friends...but c'mon, your colleague just fractured her back! It just seems cruel to not even acknowledge it.
I have been thinking about this all day. It really bothers me not because I know Elle or anything, but we are living in a very bizarre world. Young hipster women living in a bubble, taking photos of their food, consuming, selfie-ing and consumed with THEMSELVES!! Taking a photo of their kale salad is more important than the health of someone they know??? This is not social. This is living selfishly. Shame on every single one of these girls who are too busy instagraming their purchases but can't bother to wish a colleague well…..the same girls who claim they are such good "friends".

nevermore
Informer
Informer

Post by nevermore »

Has she mentioned how it happened? I find it a bit odd that she hasn't said how.

bznz
Debater
Debater

Post by bznz »

Elle could kill a person, put up a vlog and I would forgive her

I love her vlogs. I love her in her vlogs. SOOOOOO much better than her beauty videos.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

I think it was planned that even Blair didn't mention it on Twitter how it happened so it can be some big reveal video on youtube so she can profit off her injury. This is the Fowlers they'll do anything for money.

hellukittu
Informer
Informer

Post by hellukittu »

wow, this really sucks. i actually really love elle during this time of year - she's so upbeat and fun during fall/winter, and i've enjoyed her vlogmas videos as well. i hope she makes a speedy recovery though
just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

I'm 100% sure that at least Fleur and Tati messaged her in private.

lipstick jungle

Post by lipstick jungle »

SO ODD to see Alex being "normal" :lol:

I had to ff a bit cause her crazy talk grates my nerves now and then, but it was a cool vlog. Super sad this happened to her, she had so many plans.
But that's how life goes.

[youtube][/youtube]

bruna
Talker
Talker

Post by bruna »

Lindsey (beautybaby44) sent her a tweet, but Elle hasn't replied (yet).

It's so sad what happened to her, but I hope she continues with her vlogs. I really like them, especially Vlogmas :( like someone said, Elle seems to be her true self around this time of the year! Her vlogs are real fun.

marysunshine
Debater
Debater

Post by marysunshine »

Jesus, is it just me or there's no chemistry between them whatsoever?
English is not my first language, I apologize in advance for my mistakes _-_

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

I can't figure it out either.

heatherweather
Debater
Debater

Post by heatherweather »

Seriously, why was he being such a stick in the mud? It seems to me like Elle needs someone who can be a little goofy with her sometimes and deep/pensive with her at other times. Like when she wanted him to put the red blanket on his head so they could be red riding hood together and he just flat out refused and got whiney...what the heck man? Throw her a goofy bone

Also, I couldn't help but think how weird it is to be watching stuff that happened before the accident. It must be really hard for her to see the happy go lucky footage before a huge change in her life.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

Guys, it's not like she's been paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of her life. She's only in bed for two months. It wasn't a life shattering event. She'll be okay with watching clips of herself before her accident. If anything, being at home with her parents for two months would be better for her than being in LA. She's always happier at home.

Poopsie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Poopsie »

marysunshine wrote:Jesus, is it just me or there's no chemistry between them whatsoever?
I agree. They are very awkward. He looks extremely uncomfortable/annoyed in the vlog.
Bet he feels trapped in TN now that she is hurt.
Elle strikes me as the type of girl who would get SUPER clingy and possessive with guys.
Goot is a pompous ass, but I kind of feel sorry for him.

Return to “Elle Fowler”