Friendship

Ava2014
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Friendship

Post by Ava2014 »

Im 23 now and I have the feeling that I need some new friends. I have two best friends but because we are all so busy I really need some new friends to hang out with. So some questions here:

- How many best friends do you have?
- How many friends do you have?
- Do you like to go shopping alone or with friends?
- What are the activities that you like to do with friends?
- What do you appreciate most in a friendship?
- Have you ever had a bad friendship break up?

BetterOffDead
Learner
Learner

Re: Friendship

Post by BetterOffDead »

-10ish, from 3 different states
-Either, friends make it more fun but it's more time consuming.
-Cards Against Humanity
-Loyalty
-Just did, had a friend go into the Army and got a big head so the friendship got broken off

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

- How many best friends do you have? - probably 2. Or 1 who is actually my ultimate best friend and I can't see us drifting apart. The other one is also a best friend but not as close.
- How many friends do you have? - People I actually consider friends, I think like...6? and 2 of them are internet friends that I've been friends with for a long time but they still count lol.
- Do you like to go shopping alone or with friends? - Depends...if I'm going shopping to actually look for something then I like to go alone. If it's just shopping for fun or whatever then there's only a couple friends of mine that I'd enjoy shopping with.
- What are the activities that you like to do with friends? - Just hang out, get coffee, wander about. Low-key stuff mostly.
- What do you appreciate most in a friendship? - Being there for each other, being able to talk to them at 3am if you need to and being able to go a while without talking to them but picking right back up where you left off, being comfortable around each other to talk about the more personal stuff.
- Have you ever had a bad friendship break up? - Not really...probably in middle school or something when everyone would fight with their friends lol but since graduation, the friends I have now are pretty much always going to be my friends. And other people I was friends with in school, we just kinda stopped talking because it was more of a school friendship (if that makes sense??) but nothing bad or anything.

KatherinePierce
Debater
Debater

Post by KatherinePierce »

-2 ish. I have another friend I'm close with, but to me it isn't best friend level, or at least not yet. She moved so it's kind of hard.
-I don't know. I don't like to keep count..
-Depends. It can be fun but other times I just prefer to go in and out of the store, as quickly as possible.
-Hang out, make jokes, play some Mario Kart online. lol.
-Being there for each other is huge to me. Growing up, I've never had friends that have stuck through with me. I've had friends, that I've had since I was younger, but nothing I consider to be a "true" friendship, if that makes sense? I also like if I can be myself around them and confide in them about my problems, or talk about things I like, knowing they won't judge me.
-One of my friends from elementary school and I broke it off a few months ago, hopefully permanently. I'll admit, I wasn't all that mature about it in a way, but the girl changed too much for my liking. All she does is lie and lie. It wasn't too bad per say, but for me it wasn't. I've never really had a friendship break off where there's been a fight, just sort of drifting away if that makes sense?
I used to be bitemytonguex.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

-How many best friends do you have?
I'd say 2, or 3 if you'd allow me to count my boyfriend as my best friend.
8, including my boyfriend, and only including people I'd call a friend that I'd also believe would consider me a friend.
Most of my friends are online so I don't really get the opportunity, but I think I'd rather leave that to myself as I'm not a very "shopping"-y person anyway and I don't really see it as a fun activity.
As someone mentioned earlier, Cards Against Humanity is a really good one! Binge-watching shows, having deep conversations, venting, etc.
Trust, loyalty, and humour.
Definitely. Had a really bad one with an entire friendship group I was a part of because a very traumatic thing had happened to me, one of them decided to publicly accuse me of lying about it to get attention, and then the rest of them decided to side with her as I was quite new to the group and she had close connections to everybody. Had a bad one last year with a friend I made at my new school because she kept being negative to me, and even though I understood she was coming from a bad place, I was also in a very bad place and I realised she either had to change this, or we'd have to stop being friends. I confronted her about it and she got extremely defensive and shitty with me so she made the decision for me, really.

freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by freckles mcgee »

- How many best friends do you have? I'd have to say three.
- How many friends do you have? A handful or so. I'm pretty friendly so I get along really well with a lot of people.
- Do you like to go shopping alone or with friends? Both.
- What are the activities that you like to do with friends? Shopping, going out to eat, movies, going to the bar.
- What do you appreciate most in a friendship? Honesty. I hate when people don't wanna go out and they have to make an elaborate lie. Just tell me you'd rather stay at home and netflix because I certainly understand haha.
- Have you ever had a bad friendship break up? Sort of recently. As background, we've been friends since freshman year of HS (I'm 22 now) and our friendship has always been a struggle. She would lie to me and say she was grounded if she didn't want to hang out and she always ditched me for what she thought was better (people who drink a lot more than I do). She would also always ditch me when we would do anything that didn't entail getting drunk or she'd invite twenty other people to come along. Somehow I just let this go on for a while. Last month she asked me if I wanted to go to the Miley concert "just us" and I said sure thinking it could help our friendship some. Well her friend ended up inviting herself and my friend made the whole night revolve around that girl. During the intermission between Icona Pop and Miley (45 minutes) she had me sit with her purse while she went and hung out with her friend the whole time. She ended up ditching me downtown to go hang out with that girl. I haven't really talked to her since and have no plan to. It was just a the last straw for me. I did confront her about it and she tried turning it around on me so I'm just done.

RabbieWingz
Informer
Informer

Post by RabbieWingz »

None at the moment :|

A lot at the moment (I go college regularly), but if I had to choose ACTUAL friends I'd say around 10 or so

I enjoy both :D If I want a laugh and want to make a day out of it then I prefer going with friends, but I'm not a huge fan of shopping and usually like to get it over and done with, so usually myself

Watch movies, have deep convos, gossiping, having a laugh... just spending some good time with each other

I'd say I'm picky with friends, and there are small things that mean a lot to me, like being comfortable in each others silence, having trust, being close, being comfortable around each other in general, knowing that you can be yourself etc. And most importantly (for long term friends) having known each other for a long time; if I've known you for 2 years or so then I can comfortably call you a proper friend.

I've had a lot :-| Usually with my ex best friends

The first that probably had the biggest impact was with my cousin, forget best friends we were sisters! We were extremely close, lived near each other, knew each since birth and had lots of history. We had one fight but we were too immature at the time to say sorry and forgive each other at the right time, after a while things just got awkward and we grew up distant, the broken relationship having a big impact on our lives (mostly hers than mine).

My second best friend was immature and bitchy, which I knew but I accepted that flaw of hers. I found out how much she backbited me but her head was too up her arse to admit it and say sorry. I don't need anyone like that in my life so I just broke up with her. It's been half a year and she still does the same :?

My third best friend was weird. We only knew each other for a few months but we just became best friends, the guy meant the world to me and we were close but we still needed to test out our friendship a bit. Time tore us apart fairly quickly and we just drifted apart, had a fight and just ended the friendship. Now when we see each other it's just uncomfortable and this ex friend of mine has just changed beyond recognition

Gee I miss having the presence of a best friend, hopefully I'll find one soon. I have close friends but they aren't exactly "best" friends.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I have 7 good friends, and I would consider them all my best friends though I only have one true, true best friend who is like my sister.

Maybe like... 10 or so

I prefer alone but it can be fun with friends if you make a day of it. But I don't really go shopping anymore these days.

I like to just chill, honestly. Just talk. But I also like going to fun places, it just depends how tired I am xD I also used to love going out to parties but I moved recently and none of my friends live in the same time zone >_<

I appreciate it when people aren't judgmental and when they are thoughtful for no reason.

Yeah but we have reconnected since then. She has an issue with bi-polar disorder and none of us knew it (including her) but she got help and she is doing better.

I'm 23 btw
imma ball til the day i fall

Post by Guest »

2-3
More than I probably know that I have
Not with my closest friends as they all have penises
Hang out and talk, or watch a movie
- What do you appreciate most in a friendship? Honesty, and not being afraid to be honest with them.
Yes, I've had a couple of ones that really hurt

CMonroe

Post by CMonroe »

- How many best friends do you have? 2.
- How many friends do you have? I'd say around 10. I know and can get along with many people, but those, who I'd consider friends aren't more than 10.
- Do you like to go shopping alone or with friends? Alone. If I go to the mall or something to have fun with friends, then yeah, but I don't really buy things I don't need anymore. If there's some serious shopping involved, then I go alone.
- What are the activities that you like to do with friends? Going to the beach, going to clubs, watching really awful movies to make fun of them.
- What do you appreciate most in a friendship? Be honest and don't involve me in drama.
- Have you ever had a bad friendship break up? Yep. And I'm really happy without this person in my life. We were really close, but she was - and still is - a drama queen and wanted everybody to be 24/7 available to hear her creating a soap opera around herself. I gave her a second chance, she blew it. I can honestly say I hated her for a while. Not anymore, ain't nobody got time for that. I'm glad she is not in my life. I didn't like the person I was around her.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

- How many best friends do you have? I think 2-3 :)
- How many friends do you have? 7 I think :) I don't know if some of them consider me a friend tho..
- Do you like to go shopping alone or with friends? Alone
- What are the activities that you like to do with friends? I don't go out with friends a lot, but going to the movies or to eat.
- What do you appreciate most in a friendship? Honesty, I don't like hypocrisy.
- Have you ever had a bad friendship break up? Yes, a truly bad but it was because my friend had so many problems with her family and she thought that she could get them out with me. But she went back to normal and we're friends again.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

I wish I knew how to make friends as an adult.

khurmushka
Debater
Debater

Post by khurmushka »

1. We've known each other since kindergarden. We've been together through school, musical school... But we became best friends in high-school :D
3. I would consider them as a good friends, because I know they would always be there for me, just like my best friend.
It depends. I sure like to go shopping with my best friend. We have loads of fun trying on different clothes and giving tips to each other what looks best or not.
Watch movies, go for a walk somewhere, try something new...
Loyalty and honesty
Yeah. It was in middle school. And it was because of the guy, whom I liked and he liked me. A "friend" had a crush on him as well. So you get the whole idea of a jealous girl doing and telling bullshit.

Return to “Friends”