Wedding appropriate?

LittleBalma
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wedding appropriate?

Post by LittleBalma »

Do u guys think this dress is appropriate for a wedding since its ivory and there's that whole rule of not wearing ivory or white to a wedding. But it has a floral print so??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wanderer
Debater
Debater

Re: Wedding appropriate?

Post by wanderer »

I would say it's appropriate, but it's what you feel comfortable in. A month or so ago when I went to a wedding I had a similar problem where the dress I was initially going to wear had a white lace panel covering the majority of the front of the dress. Although people told me it was wedding-appropriate, I didn't end up wearing it because I didn't want to regret my decision later. But since this dress is floral print it looks nothing remotely bridal (whereas my lace dress was more ambiguous in that sense)! I think you would be fine wearing this one, but make sure you're not going to feel awkward about the small bit of ivory :) PS that dress is really gorgeous!

LittleBalma
Learner
Learner

Re: Wedding appropriate?

Post by LittleBalma »

wanderer wrote:I would say it's appropriate, but it's what you feel comfortable in. A month or so ago when I went to a wedding I had a similar problem where the dress I was initially going to wear had a white lace panel covering the majority of the front of the dress. Although people told me it was wedding-appropriate, I didn't end up wearing it because I didn't want to regret my decision later. But since this dress is floral print it looks nothing remotely bridal (whereas my lace dress was more ambiguous in that sense)! I think you would be fine wearing this one, but make sure you're not going to feel awkward about the small bit of ivory :) PS that dress is really gorgeous!

Thank you! For me it's more about the amount of ivory lol it's from Windsors by the way. It fits beautifully too! Maybe if ur tall it'll run on the short side but I'm short so it's perfect lol

Return to “Wedding”