HeyCheri Part 2

drag0ngirl
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: HeyCheri Part 2

Post by drag0ngirl »

wait, what facebook post are you guys referring to? I must have missed something!

thecutiedisease
Talker
Talker

Post by thecutiedisease »

Yeah, I must have missed something as well. Did she post about them breaking up?

ruelulu
Stalker
Stalker

Post by ruelulu »

she posted this delusional fb post:

Today, I had *this* conversation with someone:

Me: I still need to pay off one of my credit cards. It's not that bad, but it's still money I owe, so y'know.
Friend: Pay off your credit card? Why would you do that?
Me: Uhm, to maintain good credit history?
Friend: Why would *you* need credit history?
Me: ... What's that supposed to mean?
Friend: C'mon.
Me: Uh, c'mon *what*?
Friend: You're obviously going to end up with someone who completely takes care of you. Your credit history isn't going to matter. What are you going to do -- buy a house?
Me: ...
Friend: You know it's true.

As our conversation lengthened, the theme of it remained the same: no matter what I do, and no matter how successful I become, in the end, I will always be someone's "property". Financially supported. "Kept". Spoiled in one way or another because, and I am borrowing the favorite phrase of another friend of mine here, I am supposedly lucky enough to live in the "bubble" that encapsulates those with moderate to attractive looks -- that is, folks who are not generally seen as "sore on the eyes", and therefore skate through life enjoying the perks of bubble-dom.

I mean, on one hand, how insulting is that? As if I can't take care of myself or don't want to take care of myself? I cannot count the amount of times my many successes over the length of my career have been chalked up to the way that I look. I have *always* been independent in my career goals and pursuits, and despite various accusations crediting my success to sheer physical attractiveness (which is just stupid, by the way, because I am obviously not "insanely attractive" by any standard), I work *twice* as hard *because* I realize I am dealing with this unfair stereotype. What an awful thing to say to someone! As if I'm incapable of financial independence based on personality and skill alone!

Pardon my French, but anyone who thinks I am where I am purely because of the way I look can go FUCK themselves.

... On the other hand, I can see the truth in the assumption. I *have* dated men who go out of their way to spoil me, who often promise a future to me that involves me playing the "trophy wife", and I *am* one of the most high maintenance girlfriends I know. I'd be lying if I said I didn't find the opportunities I've been given to act like a spoiled brat appealing, and I'd be lying even more if I said I never took advantage of this. After all, who *doesn't* want to be pampered to excess without having to do much other than stand there and look pretty?

But a bigger part of me, the part that doesn't mind working a part time job over the weekend to make rent rather than relying on financial support from the many places I *could* take it, the part of me that has already experienced the "trophy girlfriend" relationship multiple times and finds the lack of substance in the exchange unfulfilling, that part of me begs to differ.

I'm not going to end up with someone just because he has money. Believe me -- I have had the opportunity on many occasions, and it's really not all it's cracked up to be. But y'know, if someone I share great chemistry and similar values with *also* happens to be financially sound, I'd be lying if I said I'd turn him down based on propriety alone. What woman *doesn't* want a secure future?

Growing up sucks.
I shouldn't have to think about this garbage.

Just yesterday, my Lyft driver and I were discussing the possibility of having my eggs frozen. Yes, *those* eggs. "The younger, the better," she said. "When I hit forty, it was too late for me. You need to start thinking about your future. You're at that age."

Oh GOD.

I want children one day. A family.
I want a home. Maybe not a *big* home, but one that we can comfortably live in all together and fill with love.

And yes, money plays a large role in that, but when it comes down to it, I am *fully* capable of taking care of myself. I always have been, and I always will be. And to assume I will somehow end up with someone who takes care of all of my financial stresses *for* me is just fucking offensive, and I take it as a blow to my character. It is an insult to my intelligence and to my general ability to act as a contributing member of society. Furthermore, it is insulting to every other woman I know who is a single mother and *chooses* to be, and is stronger and more admirable because of it.

But okay.
In the end, I guess I don't feel *too* bad for myself.
"Woe is me! It's assumed I am to end up with he who completely removes me of financial responsibility and is entirely willing to support the several children I will want to have!"
Boo hoo, right?

... But jeez. My friend could've said it a lot nicer than he did.
Ass. — feeling annoyed.

drag0ngirl
Learner
Learner

Post by drag0ngirl »

ah, this is gold, thanks for saving it! i don't know if this necessarily means her and apg broke up but her instagram convo could also be another tip.
http://i.imgur.com/dfhZVZV.png
..No matter what I do, and no matter how successful I become, in the end, I will always be someone's "property". Financially supported. "Kept"... I am supposedly lucky enough to live in the "bubble" that encapsulates those with moderate to attractive looks.
DUDE, YOU REALLY ARE DELUSIONAL. as a female who is moderate to attractive and ACTUALLY successful with a boyfriend who does give me gifts (as normal boyfriends do), i have never been seen as someone's property..... it's the way YOU put yourself out there and flaunt all the things you have been given and never bought or earned yourself. just like one of her other convos where she offers to buy her girlfriends a round of drinks and they were surprised because she NEVER does that, and they knew she only offered because it was APG's money.
As if I can't take care of myself or don't want to take care of myself?
you can't though...... ahem, rent? did you even finish all your commissions from that one rent post back in december?
I cannot count the amount of times my many successes over the length of my career have been chalked up to the way that I look.
.. srsly?
I have *always* been independent in my career goals and pursuits, and despite various accusations crediting my success to sheer physical attractiveness (which is just stupid, by the way, because I am obviously not "insanely attractive" by any standard), I work *twice* as hard *because* I realize I am dealing with this unfair stereotype.
you have not been independent and you still aren't. you have relied on slaves in the past and likely still do. you're not successful by any means. you do have followers and have an internet presence but it's not because of your writing but more so b/c of your fin-dom past, and the fact that you post pictures. you acknowledged yourself that you get more likes and comments when photos are involved. also, this fake humble-bragging being attractive is really stupid. this whole post was really based on how 'hard' it is to be attractive.. and it really isn't about that at all.
Pardon my French, but anyone who thinks I am where I am purely because of the way I look can go FUCK themselves.
LOLZ

OHai
Talker
Talker

Post by OHai »

Ahhh, so we're back to the Independent Woman phase, are we? The hamster wheel of Heycheri never fails to stop. What about the Benz, 4 carat ring, trips to Hawaii Cheri, huh?? Wasn't she just posting about being the ultimate trophy wife?

Notice how all of HeyCheri's posts follow the same formula:
Delusions about being oh so attractive + Delusional statement of her being successful/independent/best at everything she does + OH MY GOD YOU GUYZ it's hard to be so attractive and not being taken srsly + The eloquent FUCK YOU at the end of every post. :P

Independent women maintain healthy relationships with their friends and their man. Last time I checked, they don't rely on slaves for everything they own. They have something called a job to pay their RENT on time, and they can drive!

She's going to be 27 soon and still hasn't done anything for herself.

drag0ngirl
Learner
Learner

Post by drag0ngirl »

OHai wrote: Notice how all of HeyCheri's posts follow the same formula:
Delusions about being oh so attractive + Delusional statement of her being successful/independent/best at everything she does + OH MY GOD YOU GUYZ it's hard to be so attractive and not being taken srsly + The eloquent FUCK YOU at the end of every post. :P
SO. TRUE.
or as HeyCheri would put it.. *SO* true.

heycherisucks
Informer
Informer

Post by heycherisucks »

so much word vomit,

just get a fucking job, cheri

thecutiedisease
Talker
Talker

HOW is she independent???? HOW?! She's 27 and can't drive herself to the grocery store!

drag0ngirl
Learner
Learner

Post by drag0ngirl »

she may not be referring to HIM specifically in this instance, but she acts chummy with other people who she doesn't know on the internet plenty of times. it's OK for her to do this with other people but not people to do to her. figures. gurl, get over yourself.

also, what's your guys' theories on her getting into bikes now? (see her twitter). i actually was surprised she even knows how to bike. i can totes predict her bike getting stolen or posts on her being a SF bike/bike route expert.

loloflores
Lurker
Lurker

Post by loloflores »

Looks like APG is no more! Heycheri is dating again, and she provided us with vomit-worthy updates on her fb. Looks like that is her replacement for her tumblr

and @passingthrough you are right about the bikes/uber rides. She has a bike now and seems to be biking around and not using uber rides funded by APG any more
"It was the kiss, wasn't it?"
"To be honest? ... Yeah."
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make it awkward. I was just feeling really comfortable with you, and I misread you."
"No, please. Don't feel bad. Maybe I was giving off the wrong signals?"
"No, no -- it wasn't you. It wasn't anything you did. That's just what I'm used to doing, I guess, when I feel really comfortable with someone."
"Oh. I don't really ... Do that normally."
"I think a kiss is a very normal thing."
"No, totally, I know. But I'm just not used to being kissed by strangers at all? None of my friends kiss me, either, so ... I'm just not ready for that. I never do that. ... I'm sorry. I just don't know you very well."
"No, no; I respect that! I'm really sorry about trying to kiss you. I have nothing against taking it slow, I swear."

We stop in front of my place, and he looks tense. I can sense I've at least injured his ego in some way. It bothers me. Maybe it shouldn't bother me because, y'know, empowered vagina or something, but actually, it does.

So I give him a hug.
Of course it feels nice.
Hugs always feel nice
(I mean, if you know how to hug).

As we pull away, I ask him, "Do you feel bad right now?"
"A little, yeah," he says, frowning.
"Well, look. I think you're *really hot*. Does that make you feel better?"
His eyes widen in surprise, and he really looks at me this time, trying to assess the sincerity in my comment.
I'm smiling at him. And I mean, it's true. He is hot. I see his back straighten at the compliment, his shoulders relax, his chest rise -- he feels better. He looks hot when he relaxes.
"Yeah, actually. It does," he says.
"Good. That was the point," I say. "Alright. See you around."
"Wait!" He stops me from walking away with a step toward me. In retrospect, I think he was being more respectful of my physical boundaries, which I can appreciate now. "Can I see you again sometime?" He asks.

And then he does that thing with his hands that guys do.
Y'know.
Where they kind of punch their fist lightly into their other hand.
It's a visual cue that emotes *expecting an answer*.

"Uhm, well... Can I think about it?" I ask, without really asking.
"Really?" He deflates quickly. Ugh.
"Yeah, really. I just want some alone time right now to process this."
"Alright ..." He says.

Our conversation drags on a few more sentences, but I eventually excuse myself unceremoniously -- that is, in the middle of one of his many parting questions -- because, just stop. Can't you see I want to leave? If you let me leave when I ask you to let me leave, you might actually experience some positive outcome. As it stands, you're likely to get "blocked" from my life.

Thinking back on this, I realize how important I believe mutual respect is in my relationships. It can't just go one way. I don't need some crazy, yielding thing, but a general and healthy acceptance of my personal choices and decisions would be pretty sweet.

... Er.
Anyways.
How was your afternoon?

- Cheri

#dating
Are you asking me where we were/what scene/what details?

He was wearing a black sweater, bald (or shaved bald), 6'2, water polo build. He had jeans on.

I wasn't wearing makeup. I was in jeans and a green hoodie. My hair was a mess. I agreed to meet him at this cafe I frequent, warning him that I wasn't going to look my "prettiest", and if he was down with that, he could come hang out for a few minutes.

He ended up wanting to hang out with me all day after he got there, and I just ... Was not feeling it, because I had work later, and I was thinking, "Doesn't this guy have shit to do other than hang out with me?" It was just supposed to be a quick meeting. It wasn't. I'm flattered he enjoyed my company, but I didn't realize it was going to be a whole-day thing.

In an effort to entertain him, because he obviously wasn't leaving me alone anytime soon, I offered to walk through the park with him. He agreed hastily and helped me walk my bike up hill to our destination. At the park, we were sitting in this open space and kind of just watching kids play "baseball" (they were really just smacking a ball around with a bat -- no real sport in it, just fun).

We were talking.
He put his hand on my leg after a while.
I didn't react to it.
I didn't know how to.
But when he leaned toward me to try and kiss me, I leaned away immediately.

"Oh, no. No, no, no. Stop. I'm sorry. No." Something like that.
"What? Really?"
"Yeah."
"I'm sorry -- I -- I thought ..."
"No."

His hand was still on my leg.
So I gently touched it and moved it away.

"Really? I can't touch you? I don't mean anything by it."
"Yeah, uhm ..." Obviously not, guy. You can't just lean in and kiss me and think that after I say no, I want you to hover-hand my thigh. I actually just want as much space as possible, now. "Sorry," I say, because I shouldn't have to apologize for this, but I'm sorry his feelings are hurt anyway.

The point is -- yes. I do remember the details. I remember what we were looking at, too. We were looking at these really pretty trees -- they looked like clouds. And I was telling him I once saw a blue tree in the park, and that I never remember where it is, but I always see it on my runs and it's *gorgeous*. And he was saying he's never seen a blue tree before. And I was saying, "I never saw one until I saw that tree!" And I was excited about it.

And that's when he tried to kiss me.
and WTF at "blue tree"

Post by Guest »

That fcbk post is proof that she's single and the fact that she's not explaining herself shows she was the one that got dumped.

Either apg found her Tumblr and read all the drunk flirty stupid posts and dumped her or she erased her Tumblr because she got depressed over the breakup.

Either way all the moving in talks and marrying and being supported talks were as expected, cheri fantasy land.

SpillingTea
Learner
Learner

Post by SpillingTea »

Oh great. She blocked me from her FB. I dont even remember why? Oh well.

Post by Guest »

She stopped doing art AGAIN.
Her tumblr deleted makes her completely irrelevant and her # of readers are declining.
Those were the only two things she had in terms of career wise. What now sherilynn?

thecutiedisease
Talker
Talker

Her life is just so embarrassing... but hey, at least she has slaves to buy her cute shoes, right? *hairflipz

hecho
Talker
Talker

Post by hecho »

Quick, go read her twitter about getting paid to write someone's English essay for them. Ugh.

Ariadne

Post by Ariadne »

Return to “Sherilynn Macale”