Pretentious Pauper Pretender: TEMU - Tacky, Embittered, Manipulative, Unwashed: Part 17

Hhh44k
Talker
Talker

Re: Pretentious Pauper Pretender: TEMU - Tacky, Embittered, Manipulative, Unwashed: Part 17

Post by Hhh44k »

WhateverYouLike99 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:56 am
Maybe she is trying a sm clean up campaign. She’s posted twice to her discord in the past few days which is a rarity for sure. Reddit drama has made an interesting morning tho. I love all the “detective” type speculation lol. We all know none of it will last, because it’s impossible for her to stick to anything. She has shown us that time after time.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case. Even though she's a bit of a mess who doesn't want to put in much effort, a couple of us have raised the possibility of her wanting to sanitise her google footprint. GG is a lot further down in the search these days which fares well for her, there was only that pesky subreddit that popped up as the 3rd result, yet it proved surprisingly easy to co-opt. As in my early example, if a bigger, more problematic YouTuber than Alex can have a clean Google search, so can she.

In which case, I wouldn't be surprised is Umbridge is being paid to do this.

HereSalem
Debater
Debater

Re: Pretentious Pauper Pretender: TEMU - Tacky, Embittered, Manipulative, Unwashed: Part 17

Post by HereSalem »

WhateverYouLike99 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:11 am
I tried to edit my post with additional info, but couldn’t.

Added to my above comment for context Alex has posted in the discord 10 times total in the last month and 14 times total in the last 6 months (including those 10). She also has a member there named umbreonyx who was actively posting. I stumbled upon the name as I scrolled back counting Alex’s posted
Supersleuth! Can you screenshot user umbreonyx so we have a record of the same person in both places? It points to them having a clear and vested interest in deleting proof of Alex's shady shit.

Hhh44k
Talker
Talker

Post by Hhh44k »

All2Well wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:09 am
Out of 6 comments, the only one that's visible is "Welcome." I hope the new mod enjoys being ratiod.
Check again ;)

Edit: it was nuked real fast but for a minute this was out in the open
Screenshot_20240612_001750_Reddit.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

All2Well
Lurker
Lurker

Post by All2Well »

Hhh44k wrote:
All2Well wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:09 am
Out of 6 comments, the only one that's visible is "Welcome." I hope the new mod enjoys being ratiod.
Check again ;)

Edit: it was nuked real fast but for a minute this was out in the open
Screenshot_20240612_001750_Reddit.jpg
I think people might be editing their comments after they're approved Image

WhateverYouLike99
Learner
Learner

Post by WhateverYouLike99 »

HereSalem wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:14 am
Supersleuth! Can you screenshot user umbreonyx so we have a record of the same person in both places? It points to them having a clear and vested interest in deleting proof of Alex's shady shit.
No idea if it’s the same person. Umbreon is popular in Pokemon circles, so could just be a coincidence for sure. But curious that that name pops up in both places
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HereSalem
Debater
Debater

Post by HereSalem »

Nice work! They both have an anime girl pfp, although I suppose that's not exactly rare.

Ughihatethis
Informer
Informer

Post by Ughihatethis »

Common Pokémon, but merely a coincidence or actually the same person?

I’m just saying, the TAZ NPCs were discord people who she grabbed onto to be her new besties, I could see Alex in this lonely state absolutely want to use someone who reaches out to her and is a fan and praises her and is willing to do anything for her. Especially if she’s trying to clean up her online image and especially if this is a person who is clearly in the Reddit page and had commented and shown that they were a mega fan.

Irakurad
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Irakurad »

Since Umbreon clearly knows we are screenshotting and posting here anyway...

Hhh44k
Talker
Talker

Post by Hhh44k »

I kinda feel bad for them, Alex has put them on the frontline

Coricopat
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Coricopat »

Would it be too mean to say don't feel bad? At this point they're either willfully ignorant beyond salvation, or they're fully aware they're a dictator and just don't care...

I mean, the edits going from ragesnark to poor wittle me say it all

edited to correct the quote misuse

Hhh44k
Talker
Talker

Post by Hhh44k »

I mean maybe 5% bad for them for standing in the frontline vs 95% not bad since they've chosen this 😬

Ughihatethis
Informer
Informer

Post by Ughihatethis »

I feel bad for them like I feel bad for Claye.

They made this bed and now they need to lie in it. Umbreon came in like a wrecking ball going nuts with power to take down a page with PROOF of Alex’s shenanigans and wants to act like it’s crazy to infiltrate a group not made for them that is clearly angry and what they did.
I feel like maybe tone down the parasocial love obsession with Alex there, Umbreon. It’s very weird. 😏

ArtemisH93
Learner
Learner

Post by ArtemisH93 »

LMAO this is such a wild series of events to wake up to. Hello new reddit overseer!
This discussion is pretty pastel proof, not how much we hate umbreon as a mod.
We can do both! :) In fact, we will. Documenting things is something this community has become quite good at.

Deleting all the proof and then insisting people ONLY discuss the proof is hilarious. You can't use the bible as a weapon, Hilary Faye.

Whoever said this happens a lot to snark subs is SO right. If you search "moderator" on r/subredditdrama there are hundreds of examples. It's basically the cornerstone of reddit drama. Mods get replaced all the time, sometimes whole moderator teams without any warning or oversight. I think that recently happened to the big Taylor Swift snark subreddit that was gaining traction. It was run by 1 account and I'm guessing they were report-bombed into being removed, and immediately new mods started fighting for power. The internet is so unserious sometimes.

That said, all this subreddit drama is doing wonders for covering up the unhinged things Alex said on her last stream (from the legend purplepheonix)
PurplePhoenix wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:41 am
Jun11 Twitch
- Alex drinking Claye homemade alchoholic cider
- Alex says having a move and distracting herself, helped distract from Dan breakup
- Alex says Claye is meant to be Sam 2.0, Sam let me put makeup on him, so I should be able to put makeup on you [Claye]
- Claye says he does not like to referred to like that
- Alex says she likes to repeat the nasty things people say about Alex, as self depreciation

- Alex says there is a person right now lying about her, Alex could blast them and put all the evidence up, but did that with Sydney friends and trying to grow
- Alex says Claye is not her friend, he is her husband [sarcasm], as Alex chat calls Claye Mr Alex, and Claye chat calls Alex Mrs Claye, but really Claye is her best friend
THIS IS A MESS. Whatever she's doing with Claye is so uncomfortable.

Also this little slip about publicly blasting her Sydney friends is very telling. I don't think she's ever said it so plainly that she was trying to use her followers to pressure her Sydney friends. What a gigantic red flag. I hope Claye realizes that a person who would do that once will do it again, and given that Alex is threatening to do so with Zeke, that's not a good look. But I'm pretty sure Alex will never do that because Zeke will confirm what we already know about Alex and Claye's relationship. That the "Mr Alex" business isn't that much of a joke afterall.

HereSalem
Debater
Debater

Post by HereSalem »

Post appears to now be locked. She's also edited it to insult the users and accuse them of "excessive harrassment".

ArtemisH93
Learner
Learner

Post by ArtemisH93 »

Didn't take long for the very limited conversation of "are you deleting comments?" to turn into another mass deletion event. Everything's fine.

Luwurker
Informer
Informer

Post by Luwurker »

Jesus Christ, I went to sleep and woke up to 5/6 more pages in the thread. Reddit Mod BS has reunited us hehehe

Anyways, theories:
This is probably a fan/friend of Alex. Yesterday I checked Umbreon's profile, the r/'s their most active on are
-Scene
-Haircare
-Makeup Addiction
-90dayfianceuncensored
-Cozy games
-Shane Dawson (not positive, but snark thread. Ironic)
-Girl Gamers
-Overwatch 2
-Jenna Marbels (where Umbreon directed the current Mod to become the Mod of Jenna Marbles' thread)
REDDIT MOD JENNA.png
If it's a fan, it's probably a recent one (As when Alex started streaming on Twitch)
If it's a friend, they probably go way back to Alex Emo/Goth days

As most of ya'll said, when you search PPP, the Reddit pops up. My theory is that now that she is back to "streaming" (she is doing almost nothing, Claye is the one doing it all tho) she needs to keep a cleanish public image. Back when the fist fundraiser mess happened, finding the GG thread was not as easy, so she didn't have to worry too much. Now with GG, Alex fans now about here as "a trolls site" so if it pops up, for them is easier to dismiss.
But the Reddit? That usually means that there's something

With the OG Reddit thread now killed and dissmantled, there's not much to see/find or without the context it makes no sense.

TLDR: This is was an attempt to delete Alex's archieves so if new viewers look her up, all this mess doesn't show up, but also it's for possible sponsors. She said she need money, no?
I remember that people here reached out to HF and other regular sponsors to stop their bussines relationship and it worked.
Maybe she reached out to X brand(s) and was ignored/denied because her controversies, hence the clean up attempt

EDITED TO ADD UMBREON'S REDDIT THREADS

lubbydovey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lubbydovey »

I definitely feel like the Umbreon in the Discord is the same person. I mean, it could be a coincidence but think about it. What would the three dashes in the Reddit name be other than the "xyz" in the Discord name?

Edit: I read the Discord name wrong, but my point still stands. Too many coincidences in my opinion.

Ughihatethis
Informer
Informer

Post by Ughihatethis »

If it’s the same Umbreon then it makes sense actually.
If this is a person who knows Reddit well (Alex clearly really doesn’t and doesn’t use it) and knows the way to get to be a mod for a page easily, I could see this person reaching out to Alex or vice versa and the plan being made between them.

Curious to see if she brings this up on her stream at all (not in like a oh those crazy redditors, but in a hey if you wanna go share the love go to this page!)
Most likely she’ll ignore it completely and be like “uwah? I don’t know what you are talking about uwu”

Edit to say: regardless this is so silly and fun and stupid. What goofy drama sprinkled into the forum.

HereSalem
Debater
Debater

Post by HereSalem »

You know, I would be sympathetic to Alex trying to regroup and rebrand if she'd taken responsibility for literally ANYTHING.

But instead, this sanitization comes off the back of her very last post being a refusal to admit to anything she did wrong to the Sydney/Tas friends groups, and also completely refusing to admit that she herself bullied an autistic person. So it's clear she's prepared to be accountable for literally fucking nothing.

PunkFlamingo2
Informer
Informer

Post by PunkFlamingo2 »

Ughihatethis wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:33 am
Edit to say: regardless this is so silly and fun and stupid. What goofy drama sprinkled into the forum.
Yeah, at the end of the day, I don't care much about the reddit sub. It has been amusing drama and I learned something today (that someone can just request and be given mod status in a sub for little to no reason), and while the power-mongering is nauseating to watch, I don't really care.

Have your empty reddit. Echo-chambers away.
It was barely active anyway.

Return to “Pretty Pastel Please”