Wearing Shoes inside the house

sweetpinkcupcake
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Wearing Shoes inside the house

Post by sweetpinkcupcake »

I do wear shoes inside the house. I have house shoes: a pair of fuzzy socks or flip flops As soon as I get home, I took off my shoes and change usually into flip flops. In the wintertime, it doesn't really snow here in NC but when it does, I take off my winter boots and leave them by the door. My housing is mainly carpeting except for the bathrooms and the kitchen, those rooms have wood flooring.

Xoetxo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Xoetxo »

Well at my parent's house we have never wore shoes inside, my mom was a clean freak. I also just always thought it was gross because it brings in all the dirt into the house. Walking on a carpet with shoes on is the worst. A lot of my friends wore shoes inside of their house though.

Flowerbomb
Learner
Learner

Post by Flowerbomb »

I never wear shoes inside the house. Where I am from it's actually considered rude to walk around someone's house with your shoes on. :D They are dirty! Only in formal parties etc. it's acceptable but in those situations the shoes are usually the type that you don't use outdoors that much and people watch out for the carpets and stuff.

featherly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by featherly »

Chloe_Bean wrote:I get if you have one or two people over but what if you have a party, you'd ask 30+ people to take their shoes off? IDK I wouldn't feel comfortable just leaving my shoes somewhere with so many people around, it could end up like that SATC episode where someone takes Carrie's shoes lol. IDK as long as you clean regularly I don't see a problem, you track disgusting poop and bacteria in with you from outside whether you keep them on or not, do you realize how dirty everything you touch is? Money? It's why we have immune systems.
Depends on the party I suppose and whether you trust the guests or not. I've been to a few Punjabi weddings where some rituals take place in the bride or groom's family house and easily 50+ people were in the house at the same time. Never had an issue with having my shoes stolen, but it is a pain in the ass to find your shoes when you leave.

I hate the idea of wearing shoes in the house. I like the feeling of taking them off after a long day and I like setting my feet on the coffee table and crossing my legs on the computer chair and it just isn't ideal to wear shoes when doing so. Plus, everyone I know from where I live (Vancouver) takes their shoes off when they get home.

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner »

Is people outside of US who wear shoes inside?
ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. Sorry for misunderstandings!

People should read everything, not the first 5 words and judge!

sourcherry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sourcherry »

I don't wear shoes inside because of 2 reasons.
1) people are feral and spit gum on the ground, spit on the ground, blow their snot on the ground, have sex in public parks and let their junk go where it will, don't pick up their dog poo etc
2) I have carpet and walking carpet (especially to often used parts of the house) wears away at the carpet even with shoes off, I try to minimize this by not walking shoes through the house. Warn down carpet looks gross.

Reason 2 is my main reason. I live in Australia and have a Boston Terrier and 0 children and am 25.

sourcherry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sourcherry »

Sorry for the double post, I wanted to add
I feel like laying on the floor to watch tv or whatever is pretty common in Australia too. However I know plenty of people that are inside shoe wearers. I don't really think its a cultural thing here but more personal preference. People that visit me take their shoes off in my home, either at the front door (I don't make them leave them outside due to red backs) or once the enter.

Decayedbeauty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Decayedbeauty »

I've never understood carpet nazis. It's carpet. Meant to be walked on. Usually those are the only people that make a stink about taking shoes off when you come in. I think it's gross to have guests over in their socks or barefoot. Not to mention walking around barefoot can fuck up your feet if you already have foot issues like I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audacity
Informer
Informer

Post by Audacity »

I have hardwood floors now and a steam mop. Not really an issue for me. :D

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I never wear shoes inside the house, sometimes I see my mom wearing little slippers or socks around the house though. I personally can't get my shoes off fast enough when I get home.

haleyhaleyhal
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by haleyhaleyhal »

Lmao. This topic is funny.. I like how people are so concerned with stepping in vomit and poop. Like.. watch what you're stepping on?! I don't really wear shoes when I'm home, but I do wear them to and from my room because that's where I store my shoes. I don't take them off right when I get in the door because it isn't convenient when I'm probably carrying multiple things in my hands

"In the oven it's not by hand"

pritishah
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by pritishah »

Shoes inside are yuck!

I've seen people pack shoes in their bag without putting them in a plastic bag first. Disgusting.

ElenorShaw
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ElenorShaw »

We have a show rack outside our main entrance door and we never used outdoor shoes inside the house. We have separate shoes for indoor use.

gloria1122
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by gloria1122 »

For those who love fashion, Imagine wearing a pair of Manolo Blahniks covered in sparkly Swarovski crystals. They have super tall heels that make you feel powerful and glamorous with every step. It's like walking down a fancy runway!

For people who care about the environment, Picture yourself in Stella McCartney's vegan Elyse sneakers. They're made from eco-friendly materials and look really modern and cool. You'd feel good knowing you're stylish and helping the planet.

For those who are artistic and playful, Think about Iris van Herpen's unique shoes. They're like sculptures for your feet! Each pair is like a piece of art, breaking the rules of traditional shoe design and letting your imagination run wild.

These are just a few ideas, but the perfect shoes for you show off your personality and style. So, don't keep them hidden in shoe boxes – dream big! What kind of shoes make you feel excited and happy? ✨

Return to “Shoes”