The Asad Sisters - Wifed and No Life: Part 6

Ilona935
Talker
Talker

Re: The Asad Sisters - Wifed and No Life: Part 6

Post by Ilona935 »

allforthegram wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:13 am
I get the impression that Omar's family come from very humble beginnings in Syria. There's nothing flashy about them, which is why it's weird that Omar and Leena paired up because she seems to be all about the image. Even when Omar 'dresses up' he looks like he's heading over to his friend's house to watch TV. His family are probably inwardly gutted he married someone like Leena. I think they seem really down to earth. Marah is the baby and spoilt and probably had a different life to the others. Marah looks like she's trying to be a clone of Leena which is sad, she could do interesting content but chooses not to.
Why she wants to copy Leena? I dont understand it. What is so special about her? What atraccted all of you to her channel?

Toshinori7
Debater
Debater

Post by Toshinori7 »

They all post the same videos, Marah, Amanda, Leena, and Loren. I watched Leena's prep with me for Ramadan videos and Amanda and Marah posted the same thing and so many more of the same videos at around the same time. Did Leena start Youtube before all the other girls? I wonder what she thinks when everyone does the same kind of videos.

allforthegram
Informer
Informer

Post by allforthegram »

Ilona935 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:53 am
allforthegram wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:13 am
I get the impression that Omar's family come from very humble beginnings in Syria. There's nothing flashy about them, which is why it's weird that Omar and Leena paired up because she seems to be all about the image. Even when Omar 'dresses up' he looks like he's heading over to his friend's house to watch TV. His family are probably inwardly gutted he married someone like Leena. I think they seem really down to earth. Marah is the baby and spoilt and probably had a different life to the others. Marah looks like she's trying to be a clone of Leena which is sad, she could do interesting content but chooses not to.
Why she wants to copy Leena? I dont understand it. What is so special about her? What atraccted all of you to her channel?
Maybe because Leena is making a huge amount of money? I can't remember how I started following Leena, but I kept watching as I was intrigued how two young nurses could have their lifestyle. In my part of Europe it just simply wouldn't be possible for two young nurses to buy a house. That's not including their wedding, honeymoon, other overseas trips etc. I don't watch Loren as she has zero to offer. I used to find Amanda semi interesting, but that's all gone now.

Ilona935
Talker
Talker

Post by Ilona935 »

allforthegram wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:28 am
Ilona935 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:53 am

Maybe because Leena is making a huge amount of money? I can't remember how I started following Leena, but I kept watching as I was intrigued how two young nurses could have their lifestyle. In my part of Europe it just simply wouldn't be possible for two young nurses to buy a house. That's not including their wedding, honeymoon, other overseas trips etc. I don't watch Loren as she has zero to offer. I used to find Amanda semi interesting, but that's all gone now.
I didnt mean that. I know that the channel is about money. Yet Marah seems to copy Leenas style nudes clothes , decorations etc, food . Why cant she have her own style

Mustbeuniqke
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mustbeuniqke »

It’s starting to feel like all these influencer ummrah trips are secretly sponsored by Saudi tourism

glitterlatte
Lurker
Lurker

Post by glitterlatte »

orbitsalad wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:55 pm
I agree it's so gross whenever any of them shows their feet. It just makes me so uncomfortable. Also Leena when she shows her feet and ankles... idk it's her ankle shape combined with her annoying pose with the popped leg and her bare feet/exposed toes just make her ankle seem bigger?

I get major try hard vibes from Marah, and the dynamic between her and Leena seems so weird. They barely acknowledge each other even though they basically grew up together. Marah seems to try really hard to project a wholesome image but with the same always must be polished and aesthetic and fashionable vibe as the asads. Maybe she genuinely does enjoy being a mom and loves to post about her son and other hacks/recipes/products, but the way that she talks is exactly the same as the asads when her following is not as big, and she's not talking about anything new or different. It's basically the same content as the asads. If she posted different content and not just the same cookie cutter stuff, it would be so much more engaging. She's a sonographer! She can post so much about that side of her life! Or arabic videos with her husband! The video they did about the different words they use for the same things was fun.

It doesn't really matter that she seems to love being a mom (which at least is more than can be said for Leena). I think showing your child's face on the internet when they cannot consent, especially when you have a following, is not right. (same goes for every mom/family influencer out there, and of course Leena and Alaina.)

Finally, idk if it's just me, but when I first saw Marah's videos, something felt really off about her, and I couldn't figure it out until I realized it's her mouth. When she talks, you can never see her top teeth. Even when she's smiling and talking, you can't see her teeth. Idk maybe it's lip filler? Maybe it's just the way she talks? But in her earliest videos you can see her teeth when she smiles, and she's so much prettier.
Daaang Marah looks so different. I remember when I first followed her, I discovered what “pregnancy nose” is 🥴 But yeah, she looked so much younger and full of life in that second screenshot. I wonder if it’s just aging/stress.

Also yeah she does try too hard to be like Leena. She could be so interesting and different with her content, but she never goes out of her comfort zone. Seems like she has an actual sense of humor too, so she could even take a light-hearted comical route. The Asads made Omar and Marah so bland and boring.

bluebells0703
Learner
Learner

Post by bluebells0703 »

Mustbeuniqke wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:17 am
It’s starting to feel like all these influencer ummrah trips are secretly sponsored by Saudi tourism
Reckon they are tbh. Saudi sponsored heaps of Russian and Eastern European influencers last year to come visit the country.

yayme clapclap
Talker
Talker

Post by yayme clapclap »

orbitsalad wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:55 pm
I agree it's so gross whenever any of them shows their feet. It just makes me so uncomfortable. Also Leena when she shows her feet and ankles... idk it's her ankle shape combined with her annoying pose with the popped leg and her bare feet/exposed toes just make her ankle seem bigger?

I get major try hard vibes from Marah, and the dynamic between her and Leena seems so weird. They barely acknowledge each other even though they basically grew up together. Marah seems to try really hard to project a wholesome image but with the same always must be polished and aesthetic and fashionable vibe as the asads. Maybe she genuinely does enjoy being a mom and loves to post about her son and other hacks/recipes/products, but the way that she talks is exactly the same as the asads when her following is not as big, and she's not talking about anything new or different. It's basically the same content as the asads. If she posted different content and not just the same cookie cutter stuff, it would be so much more engaging. She's a sonographer! She can post so much about that side of her life! Or arabic videos with her husband! The video they did about the different words they use for the same things was fun.

It doesn't really matter that she seems to love being a mom (which at least is more than can be said for Leena). I think showing your child's face on the internet when they cannot consent, especially when you have a following, is not right. (same goes for every mom/family influencer out there, and of course Leena and Alaina.)

Finally, idk if it's just me, but when I first saw Marah's videos, something felt really off about her, and I couldn't figure it out until I realized it's her mouth. When she talks, you can never see her top teeth. Even when she's smiling and talking, you can't see her teeth. Idk maybe it's lip filler? Maybe it's just the way she talks? But in her earliest videos you can see her teeth when she smiles, and she's so much prettier.

I thought the second photo was Dina tokio at first

yom0606
Informer
Informer

Post by yom0606 »

Kept wondering why leena has been looking so dull & tired lately & now I know it’s because of her hijab color. I know she’s pregnant but look at how much better she looks with the darker hijab than the light one. Knowing your color pallet is so important
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

miramoutt
Talker
Talker

Post by miramoutt »

I disagree, she looks great in bright and neutral colors

And also think Marah looks really good in hijab

yom0606
Informer
Informer

Post by yom0606 »

miramoutt wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:23 pm

I also think marah looks good in hijab but I will have to disagree on the bright colors. I think she looks better with earth tones than pink & nude tones

amazondupe
Informer
Informer

Post by amazondupe »

miramoutt wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:23 pm

She looks good in hijab but that hijab style oh no no no no no

not flattering at all to her face & her gigantic nose

she needs to stop copying leena & find a style that is flattering to her face

Hye_134
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by Hye_134 »

Did anyone else hear Amanda say she is going home this weekend and her husbands friends are coming over to stay with him? I honestly find that so strange, these girls are so excited to get married only to leave their husbands on the first ramadan weekend, i couldnt imagine leaving my partner for no reason in the entire month of ramadan but she is on her way out on the first weekend? Her parents house also had really boring food in Ramadan compared to her mother inlaws so i dont understand what exactly she misses there.
One thing about Loren is that atleast when she went to Usama, she did stay for a long period of time, i dont think she would constantly go to her moms, but that is also maybe cause its more of a distance. Or Usama is a control freak, who knows?!

allforthegram
Informer
Informer

Post by allforthegram »

Hye_134 wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:52 am
Did anyone else hear Amanda say she is going home this weekend and her husbands friends are coming over to stay with him? I honestly find that so strange, these girls are so excited to get married only to leave their husbands on the first ramadan weekend, i couldnt imagine leaving my partner for no reason in the entire month of ramadan but she is on her way out on the first weekend? Her parents house also had really boring food in Ramadan compared to her mother inlaws so i dont understand what exactly she misses there.
One thing about Loren is that atleast when she went to Usama, she did stay for a long period of time, i dont think she would constantly go to her moms, but that is also maybe cause its more of a distance. Or Usama is a control freak, who knows?!
Yeah it is weird how Amanda constantly keeps needing to go back "home". Mohamed's probably delighted though, he can sit in any sofa he wants and eat something other than salad bowls. I was going to say what will she do when she has children, but we all know she'll be back living beside her parents by that stage.
There's no way Uzi is going to let Loren run back to the parents every month.

Ilona935
Talker
Talker

Post by Ilona935 »

Hye_134 wrote:
Hey you may not like this kind of food but Amanda and her family like, so let them. She is very close to her parents and siblings, so no surprise she wants to see them often, but i think they should go both. About Loren i think there may be problems in her marriage. She and Usama have different approach to the family relationship. Loren comes from tight knit family, i don't think she will be able to distance so much from them.

yayme clapclap
Talker
Talker

Post by yayme clapclap »

I agree with everyone on here about Marah having the potential to make interesting content but instead following the Asads in sharing the same boring stuff all the time. I didn’t really pay much attention to Marah and her content until reading about her on here, but so far I do find her a lot more relatable and likeable than Leena and her sisters, maybe because she wasn’t raised privellaged like them? I also like the fact that she still had her “normal” job, but who knows, I can imagine her quitting if she ever gains a huge following.

As for the whole hijab thing, I do hope she isn’t doing it for attention and understands that most of her pictures and videos will need to be removed from everywhere if she were to start wearing it full time. She did mention in a Q&A not too long ago that she wants to start wearing it but who knows.

The thing that kind of puts me off her is the thumbnail on the video about Jude’s death. It’s a little thing, but I find it strange how she thought it was necessary to put the picture of herself crying beside a picture of her and Mustafa with him. Maybe if overreacting but it just doesn’t sit right with me.

allforthegram
Informer
Informer

Post by allforthegram »

Ilona935 wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:32 am
Hye_134 wrote:
Hey you may not like this kind of food but Amanda and her family like, so let them. She is very close to her parents and siblings, so no surprise she wants to see them often, but i think they should go both. About Loren i think there may be problems in her marriage. She and Usama have different approach to the family relationship. Loren comes from tight knit family, i don't think she will be able to distance so much from them.
Traditionally, for Arabs when the woman gets married she spends a lot more time with her inlaws than parents. Her parents are secondary to his side in terms of visiting them, spending money on them etc. It seems that Uzi wants to be more traditional this way. That will be hard for Loren and I can see her not being so happy once the honeymoon period wears off.
Yeah it's nice to see your family but a grown up woman needing to go back to them every month is weird. She isn't some villager who hasn't had contact with them for the last 5 years. It's also not as if she's living with her in laws working her fingers to the bone and wants time off.

Mustbeuniqke
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mustbeuniqke »

allforthegram wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:54 am
Ilona935 wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:32 am

Traditionally, for Arabs when the woman gets married she spends a lot more time with her inlaws than parents. Her parents are secondary to his side in terms of visiting them, spending money on them etc. It seems that Uzi wants to be more traditional this way. That will be hard for Loren and I can see her not being so happy once the honeymoon period wears off.
Yeah it's nice to see your family but a grown up woman needing to go back to them every month is weird. She isn't some villager who hasn't had contact with them for the last 5 years. It's also not as if she's living with her in laws working her fingers to the bone and wants time off.
She also didn’t make such a big deal about running home when she lived alone. She went home but it wasn’t such a focus of her content.

allforthegram
Informer
Informer

Post by allforthegram »

Mustbeuniqke wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:01 am
allforthegram wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:54 am

She also didn’t make such a big deal about running home when she lived alone. She went home but it wasn’t such a focus of her content.
Yeah that's true, and it's probably more likely that she's disappointed with her new life and living in SA, hence wanting to go back to her old life.

yom0606
Informer
Informer

Post by yom0606 »

Then why get married if you’re not ready to be away from your parents and your siblings? The whole part about being married is starting a new life on your own & sometimes that means struggling financially in the beginning bc you don’t have your parents money to support you anymore. If Loren & Amanda are running back home every other week, then It’s pretty obvious they were not ready to get married.

Return to “The Asad Sisters”