Your daily makeup routine?

MathewGop
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Your daily makeup routine

Post by MathewGop »

I know we have had similar threads in the past but I am always curious nosey about what people are using for their skin care. Mainly because I love to try new things and see what other people love.

Here is mine:

Morning- Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser and Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Moisturizer

Night- Makeup Forever SensEyes makeup remover not loving it, Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser, Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Moisturizer, Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil. Then sometimes at night I will do a mask/sheet mask between my cleanser and moisturizer.

Whats your routine?

lurker1991
Talker
Talker

Re: Your daily makeup routine?

Post by lurker1991 »

I keep it pretty simple.

Sunscreen/Moisturizer/Primer -- Australian Gold SPF 50 Tinted Face Lotion. This product is truly HG for me and is the best primer I have ever used even though it isn't even advertised as a primer.

Foundation/Concealer -- Physicians Formula Healthy Powder. I also use this as a concealer by applying more of it over any blemishes, the reason being that cream concealers generally don't stay on my face for long.

Blush -- Essence Satin Touch Blush in Satin Love. This blush is such a beautiful color and finish but the packaging is so cheap. I can already tell the lid will break off soon because the hinge gets more and more cracks in it every time I open it. I had another one of the same blush once before too and the lid did break off and I had to repurchase it. It's really annoying because I can't find a blush that I like as much as this one.

Eyeshadow -- ELF Nude Rose Gold Palette. Honestly this palette isn't that great and only the more shimmery rose/gold colors are decent and actually stay on the lid, but I'm keeping it for now and hopefully I can find something that better suits my needs in the future.

Mascara -- I was using the Wet n Wild MegaLength mascara for a while, but it was getting old so I just opened the Covergirl Professional 3-in-1 mascara in Black, which I haven't tried yet. My lashes are long and dark anyway so I'm not fanatical about mascara, and I mainly just use it to darken my lashes so they don't look weird if I'm wearing eyeshadow. However I really want to try the Burt's Bees mascara if I can find it in stores. I try to avoid makeup with microplastics in it and mascara is one of the hardest things to find without those.

Lips: One of the Burt's Bees tinted lip balms. I have Zinnia which is a coral color, Pink Blossom which is a cooler toned pink, Rose which is sort of a berry color, and Red Dahlia which is a grungy 90s red. I also used to have Hibiscus which a warmer toned pink but I got a bad one for some reason that smelled weird, so I got rid of it and haven't decided whether to repurchase. I prefer wearing tinted lip balm because it's more of a muted look whereas a lot of bold lipsticks end up looking sort of ridiculous. These are very buildable too. I might get a couple of nude lipsticks for more options though.

I don't wear eyeliner or brow products because they never look right on me. When I wear eyeliner you can see the waterline under my top eyelashes so it has this weird uncanny valley effect, and I'm not about to put eyeliner under my top eyelashes because that would end in injury. As for brows I already have pretty hairy brows which is the one good side effect of being hairy in general, so when I wear brow products it looks like too much. I also don't wear bronzer because I feel like it wouldn't look good on me, and I don't wear highlighter since I usually like more "highlighter-y" blushes anyway and it doesn't seem that necessary to me.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

Man there's been a ton of changes to my routine :lol:

1. Moisturizer (whichever I'm trying out)
2. The Ordinary Mineral UV Filters SPF
3. The Ordinary High-spreadability Fluid primer and TO High-adherence primer on my nose and any spots. Also UD Primer Potion on the eyes
(3.5. ABH foundation stick in fawn as contour, whenever I feel like doing this)
4. Becca Skin Love foundation in the shade linen
5. Collection 2000 concealer, shade 0 or 1
6. Rimmel Stay Matte translucent powder, or Makeup Revolution loose powder in lace. Not entirely sure they're the best for my foundation, though, so looking for a new option while not just wasting these.
7. Too Faced Sweetie Pie bronzer
8. ELF baked blush in peachy cheeky, still my fave.
9. ELF Mist & Set
10. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in rose quartz (or another highlight, but usually this one)
11. Whatever eyeshadow I'm feeling (or none), most days just NYX single shadow in bedroom eyes, or UD Naked3
12. Rimmel Exaggerate eyeliner for tightline + Marc Jacobs Highliner, shade in the buff, on the lower waterline
13. Buxom volumizing mascara, or Maybelline's The Falsies (purple tube)
14. Marc Jacobs gloss stick in mocha choca lata, which I'm neglecting all of my other lip products for

I also do my brows somewhere in there, but that happens whenever I feel like it so I couldn't figure out where to place it on the list :lol: I use the NYX micro brow pencil in taupe.

tatetatebaby
Talker
Talker

Post by tatetatebaby »

A typical day:

Moisturizer (Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Face Moisturizer)
Black liquid liner in a thin cat eye (Wet n Wild MegaLiner Liquid Liner)
And either...
Fake eyelashes (Eylure No. 117 Lashes)
Mascara (Honest Beauty Extreme Length Mascara)
OR
Several coats of mascara (Maybelline Waterproof Falsies)
Brown pencil liner in the tightline and waterline (NYX Slide-On Pencil in Brown Perfection)
Foundation (CoverGirl Clean Matte Liquid Foundation) applied with a Real Techniques beauty sponge
Concealer (Tarte Shape Tape) applied with a Real Techniques beauty sponge
Setting powder (Coty Airspun)
Bronzer (Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer)
Blush (Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hr Blush in Natural Beauty)
Highlighter (The Balm Mary Loumanizer)
Setting spray (Pixi Makeup Fixing Mist)
Brow Gel (Elf Clear Lash & Brow Mascara)
Lipstick (Colourpop Velvet Blur Lux Lipstick in Y2K)
OR
Lip gloss (Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in Hot Toddy)
"Even a flower is ugly when it wilts, a bird when it seeks its prey, the ocean when it becomes violent." - Sharon Tate

AEjessie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by AEjessie »

Usually I just put on the BB cream and blush. And for the lips, a lip gloss.

lisanclark
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by lisanclark »

Here's a my daily makeup routine that can help you achieve a flawless and effortless look:

1. Prep your skin: Start with a clean face and moisturize it to create the perfect canvas for makeup application.

2. Apply primer: A good primer will smooth out any imperfections on your skin and make your makeup last longer.

3. Foundation: Choose a foundation that matches your skin tone and apply it evenly across your face using either a brush or sponge.

4. Concealer: Use concealer under your eyes, around the nose, or anywhere else you have blemishes to cover up imperfections.

5. Powder: Set everything in place by applying powder all over your face to reduce shine and keep oil at bay.

6. Eyebrows: Fill in sparse areas of brows using brow pencil or powder to give them shape and definition

7. Eye Makeup : Apply eye shadow according to personal preference followed by eyeliner if desired .

8. Blush - Add color back into cheeks with blush placement along cheekbones

9. Lips : Finish off look with lipstick , gloss ,or chap stick depending on preference

Remember that less is more when it comes to daily makeup routines, so focus on enhancing natural features rather than completely transforming yourself!

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”