Temptalia Part 2

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Temptalia Part 2

Post by haze »

I know everyone criticizes her for her bad makeup application, but her writing style is terrible too. She writes long-winded paragraphs with tons of clauses that are an eye sore. She doesn't know how to keep her reviews concise and makes them longer than they need to be. A lot of eyeshadow shades are similar to each other (especially pale whites and medium/dark browns) but she continues to describe them with so much fucking detail. Like it'll look the same once they're blended out on the lids.

butshewasaliar
Debater
Debater

Post by butshewasaliar »

SHE. NEEDS. TO. FLOSS.

hater2222
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Post by hater2222 »

ffbj

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

I didn't know Temptalia was having a collab with Sydney Grace in 2021

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

Temptalia is still relevant?

CheriBeriBem
Informer
Informer

Post by CheriBeriBem »

Temptalia is still relevant amongst a certain group of beauty enthusiasts, typically middle-aged women who are into high end and luxury products

Gize11
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gize11 »

Damn, she used to be so, so pretty, I wish she lost the weight!
There's no way the time was THAT cruel to her, she changed completely over the course of just 4 years, which means it is pretty much the extra pounds only.

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

Yeah, how did she drastically gain so much weight?
She looks unrecognizable: https://www.temptalia.com/wp-content/up ... swatch.jpg

snarkybebe_43
Learner
Learner

Post by snarkybebe_43 »

I haven’t checked temptalia in ages (her swatches are awful and she’s really, really bad at color theory) but I got curious. How tf does she think this looks good? Or even decent? She looks like a clown that is WAY too much blush. Like no shit the blush lasted 9 hours with that much piled on.

It’s also not a reasonable ball park to give readers. Like most of us avoid looking insane to the best of our abilities so we’d put less blush on that’s a really intense color. So it probably wouldn’t last 9 hours on the rest of us. It’s kind of bonkers that people see her as some sort of authority on beauty when her reviews are this bad and her makeup application skills are this laughable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mkuplvr
Learner
Learner

Post by Mkuplvr »

I wish this chick would take all her money and go. She’s awful at makeup, has a bad attitude and gives incredibly biased reviews (check out the Auric Glow Lust reviews - all A+). Plus she doesn’t even wear makeup anymore except for her own palette

NewHampshirite
Informer
Informer

Post by NewHampshirite »

snarkybebe_43 wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:27 pm
I haven’t checked temptalia in ages (her swatches are awful and she’s really, really bad at color theory) but I got curious. How tf does she think this looks good? Or even decent? She looks like a clown that is WAY too much blush. Like no shit the blush lasted 9 hours with that much piled on.

It’s also not a reasonable ball park to give readers. Like most of us avoid looking insane to the best of our abilities so we’d put less blush on that’s a really intense color. So it probably wouldn’t last 9 hours on the rest of us. It’s kind of bonkers that people see her as some sort of authority on beauty when her reviews are this bad and her makeup application skills are this laughable.

OMFG what is up with that? Your post made me LOL. I agree.

CheriBeriBem
Informer
Informer

Post by CheriBeriBem »

Now she’s reviewing fragrances! Great! More pretentiousness!!

Mkuplvr
Learner
Learner

Post by Mkuplvr »

CheriBeriBem wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:57 am
Now she’s reviewing fragrances! Great! More pretentiousness!!
I’m tempted to ask if this is a perfume blog now. She loves to brag about her $400 Tom Ford bottles

Mkuplvr
Learner
Learner

Post by Mkuplvr »

And now she’s ripped off Wordle 🤣🤦‍♀️ This girl is something all right.

dragmetoguruhell
Learner
Learner

Post by dragmetoguruhell »

Her collab with Sydney Grace is so lame for someone whose job is to review makeup. What a waste of an opportunity someone with actual talent would kill for. All three palettes look the same, random jewel tones with pretentious names and no cohesion whatsoever. Lauren Mae beauty depotted them, put them in a magnetic palette, and struggled to make a more concise color story with them. There’s just nothing inspiring about the colors she chose and the way they’re arranged, even Shane Dawson’s awful collab with the Yak butcher had more going for it.

Alliecat_57
Learner
Learner

Post by Alliecat_57 »

I’m sick of seeing her face every time I Google any product. Her makeup application is terrible! I’ve been searching for Nars blush swatches and hers are the main ones that come up which annoys me as in real life they look nothing like her swatches

lovelystrange
Learner
Learner

Post by lovelystrange »

Has anyone else noticed a massive downgrade in the quality of her site this year?

-The addition of perfume reviews. First of all, perfume is far more subjective than makeup. If she gives a lipstick an A+ I'm much more likely to be interested in it, but whether or not she gives a fragrance a glowing review makes no difference in whether or not I want to buy it. I know my personal fragrance tastes, and I would never buy a perfume based on a single person's review. Plus, she reviews extremely expensive niche perfumes almost exclusively. I get that she enjoys perfume (so do I), but these reviews shouldn't be a part of her site.

-She NEVER posts eye looks anymore. I really appreciated seeing the eyeshadows she reviewed actually applied on her eyes (although I do wish her eye looks had been made up of 3-4 shadows rather than like 8 so we could pick out the individual colors more easily). Just seeing an arm swatch isn't as helpful.

-Her dupe lists have been really wonky and inconsistent for the past few months. Sometimes when she posts a product review it's missing a dupe list altogether, and other times a list of 3-4 "dupes" (that usually aren't even close) is created by an algorithm. She has to be aware that dupes are basically the #1 reason people use her site. To let that aspect of the site slide seems like a massive oversight.

I do like Christine, but I've been really disappointed in the quality of her content for several months now.

lovelystrange
Learner
Learner

Post by lovelystrange »

Oh and one more thing I forgot: Her choice in products to review has been odd. She's reviewed a slew of irrelevant things that no one's interested in (does she really need to review *every single* Colourpop release?) while completely ignoring products are that getting a lot of hype and attention (like the new shades of the Lisa Eldridge Liquid Lurex shadows).

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

I also don't think that it was Christie's idea to start reviewing indie brands either

Kunty_Brewster
Learner
Learner

Post by Kunty_Brewster »

I get the feeling she is overwhelmed and losing enthusiasm. I also saw someone on Reddit mention the list of the dupes being neglected and she popped right in to comment and explain her wrist pain issues. The lack of eye looks and dupes make me wish another source existed.

Return to “Temptalia”