Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Asian MUAs feedsback

Post by Keepin_it_real »

94Hannah94_ wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:54 am
Who are good MUAs to book for party and bridal etc x
i used aliakhanmua for my bridal events, shes really good and very reasonably priced x

UnconventionalT
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by UnconventionalT »

What muas to avoid please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eili_93
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Eili_93 »

What about Glam_mua I never hear anything about him…

Shaaddyy
Talker
Talker

Post by Shaaddyy »

Anyone seen the scam.mua page on Instagram

Shaneeq just posted a response to it

Shade10
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Shade10 »

LOOOL most of them be about Shaneeq is quite hilarious. why does she only remember Islam when it comes to being others down shes a hypocrite. For her to say illegal is funny, bad reviews is not illegal instead it’s constructive feedback, they have paid for your service and had a right to say how they feel whether it’d be good or bad.

I have to the rate the MUA community they have normalised charging extortionate prices and sticking up for each other in stupidity seem part of a cult. But they still lack to understand people are happy to pay the price if the service matches the level. I always found it confusing on how MUAs can have brides book back to back as it can have an impact on the level of service provided if there are any delays e.g. road incident, delays at venue or getting ready. And it seems most of these reviews stated exactly that. I don’t give f on how experienced you are charging £950+ for 2 hours per bride plus ADDITIONAL is madness, I am truly taken back people are willing to pay this hopefully this is a start to regulated MUA prices and to clearly state if a picture is filtered as it’s a marketing scam

am glad this trended started, it’s about time people called them out for their service and give light to both the good and bad MUAs

Shaaddyy
Talker
Talker

Post by Shaaddyy »

As a bride no matter what you budget is, it’s your special day and you shouldn’t be made to feel like shit or rushed. Just cos some overrated mua thinks of herself as brand or celebrity

Funny how shaneeq made it about money in her response, not responding to her being late or not listening to the client

sham33
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sham33 »

Anyone else sick of makeupbyhifsa always sticking her ore in and making it about her lmaoo everyone else is quiet but no she has to get in there

Shaaddyy
Talker
Talker

Post by Shaaddyy »

sham33 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:29 am
Anyone else sick of makeupbyhifsa always sticking her ore in and making it about her lmaoo everyone else is quiet but no she has to get in there
She’s another one that has bashed other muas but makes out the sun shines out of her arse.

Shade10
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Shade10 »

makeup by sofi has increase her price for hair and makeup to £600 from £250!!!!!

thedonna
Lurker
Lurker

Post by thedonna »

Can anyone recommend an affordable MUA for graduation makeup in London?

maxmarabh
Informer
Informer

Post by maxmarabh »

Is the tiktok girl that's exposed the MUA's even South Asian?

Shade10
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Shade10 »

To help fellow brides out I’ve made this collective list. It’s not only for hmua only but photographer too (if you guys like I can share that too). To give an idea on pricing and my personal opinion with everyone that I reached out to. I did my enquiries just over a month ago. The location in London and I had to get ready by 5pm. To be clear, I’ve copied pasted some answers with pricing as well as my personal opinion I’ve tried to state why I felt that way too the response plays a key role. For me I wanted a heavy bridal look so I enquired some names but didn’t like the makeup result as i personally didn’t like it, this does not mean others don‘t it’s simply my own opinion. Also a trial is a must for me I can’t handle the anxiety of not knowing how my makeup would turn out on my wedding day so anyone that said they don’t provide trial it was an automatic no for me. I didn’t go to some of the big names as I knew they charged extortionate prices so I didnt even bother reaching out or I simply didn’t like their makeup style. I prefer to get hair and makeup done by the same person due to convenience if they offered but it’s not a must for me. I’ve split between ones I like and ones I don’t and stated why too. So I hope this helps.

YES MUA:
Makeup artists bridal makeup, hair, travel prices:
Maari.hm - really sweet and nice. really liked the breakdown and a lot of information, very affordable, responsive. I did find the half face trial weird as it’s hard to tell how it will hold up if it’s only on half my face.
For bridal hair and makeup, I’d charge £250 including travel.
A non refundable, non transferrable deposit of £70 would be required to secure this booking. The package including a discounted trial beforehand would be £290. I do not travel outside of Luton for trials, so you would need to travel to me. Trial is only for makeup, although we can also consult on a hair style. It’s also on one side of the face only. A deposit of £20 would be required to secure your trial. £40 would be left to pay on the day of your trial totalling £60. If you decide to go ahead and book for your event, a £100 deposit for this package will be required and the £60 you have already paid will be minused from £100. You will have £40 left to pay for your overall deposit to secure your booking for your big day. £100 will of course be minused from your full payment on the day of your event. A separate trial that’s not included in the package would be £60. Again, you would need to travel to me for this and all of the terms above would apply. A non refundable, non transferrable deposit of £20 would be required to secure this.

2. Makeup by Hifsa - really sweet - £150 (makeup only)

3. Summaya - £750 (hair & makeup) + £95 trial - £845

4. Maymunah Khan - really nice travelling from Bradford but agreed to come in earlier to help me - £650 (Hair, Makeup, Travel & Trial (in Bradford)

5. Makeup by Sofi - Quick response and nice - £650 (Hair, Makeup, Travel) + £150 (Trial) = £800

6. Faiza.Hyder - really sweet, responsive and offers a great payment method - £450 (hair & makeup) no travel cost, trial cost £95 & £155 (booking fee) both deductible from overall cost.

7. Makeupbymyra - Nice and liked her clear breakdown. Here are my prices :
Bridal Mehndi makeup is £180, Nikkah bridal makeup £200, Reception Bridal makeup £250
Travel fee is £25 to your location + £60 for trial

8. Jawaad Ashraf - nice and responsive £660 (makeup, trial, hair & travel)

9. Shama Malik - I quite like her but need to text her does anyone know her prices?

I liked but none of them came back to me despite being over a month and me chasing my request. If anyone know their prices can you plz let me know. They will go most likely go on my no list simply cause it’s rude not to reply to queries after so long.
1. Makeubyambreen
2. Makeup by Maaria
3. Zeenatbridal
4. Saima Akram
5. Cakeup.makeup annum
6. Coshimakeup
7. juliealimakeup
8. Makeup by anisa Sajid

NO MUA - not all were bad. Some I really liked and have mentioned but didn’t offer a trial sadly.
1. Shamsmua - rude blocked me when I asked for trial. weird.
2. Madiha Khan MUA - stuck up and started acting weird when I asked about trial - £600 makeup and hair with travel but no trials
3. Afshan Khan - responsive but makeup too simple - £500 (hair, makeup, travel) + £180 makeup & hair trial) - £680
4. Hanna Glam - stuck up with one word answers. says based in London but doesn’t travel here when I enquired she said she lives in Luton wth
5. Nahwishartistry - sweet but not my style of makeup £475 bridal hair and makeup and travel + £165 trial = £640
6. RS artistry - I like but she doesn’t travel to London
7. Beautybyaisha - quite nice £480 bridal hair + makeup but doesn’t offer trials
8. Makeupbyrina - one word bad reply, doesn’t travel to London
9. Raheela Khanum - bad attitude, no trial based in Manchester and didn’t give a straight answer
10. Nazhairandmakeup - too much back and forth so straight answer but £850 (bridal hair, makeup, travel) didn’t reply when asked about trial
11. Shazia Afsar MUA - really sweet but pricey - £800 (makeup, hair + travel)
12. Humera - overpriced
13. monaxrehman - I like and very responsive but bridal makeup only is £650 - quite pricey + £100 trial is in Leeds which is too far for me
14. Aneela Makeup Artistry - sweet - (Hair & Makeup): £550 + £50 (trial) + £40 (travel) = £640 not my style of makeup
15. Madeeha Akhtar - (Hair, makeup, travel) too much back and forth, only answered part of my query and ignored me unless I double replied. No trial offered. Avoid! she refused to tell me the full hair, makeup price but then messaged me with bank details asking for a £200 deposit. What a joke. Until I asked her for the 10th and she literally just email be this ‘£850‘
16. Sarah.a.makeup - quite nice and. Gave details and breakdown. Hair (inc. hair extensions) + Makeup £600. £380 for makeup only. + £200 for travel (lives in Manchester) and no trial
17. Iqrahmakeupartist - took over a month to reply back for her to say she doesn’t travel this

Anyone have any mua recommendations that you love plz let me know I’d love to reach out to them!

Zeldafromda9
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Zeldafromda9 »

Shade10 wrote:To help fellow brides out I’ve made this collective list. It’s not only for hmua only but photographer too (if you guys like I can share that too). To give an idea on pricing and my personal opinion with everyone that I reached out to. I did my enquiries just over a month ago. The location in London and I had to get ready by 5pm. To be clear, I’ve copied pasted some answers with pricing as well as my personal opinion I’ve tried to state why I felt that way too the response plays a key role. For me I wanted a heavy bridal look so I enquired some names but didn’t like the makeup result as i personally didn’t like it, this does not mean others don‘t it’s simply my own opinion. Also a trial is a must for me I can’t handle the anxiety of not knowing how my makeup would turn out on my wedding day so anyone that said they don’t provide trial it was an automatic no for me. I didn’t go to some of the big names as I knew they charged extortionate prices so I didnt even bother reaching out or I simply didn’t like their makeup style. I prefer to get hair and makeup done by the same person due to convenience if they offered but it’s not a must for me. I’ve split between ones I like and ones I don’t and stated why too. So I hope this helps.

YES MUA:
Makeup artists bridal makeup, hair, travel prices:
Maari.hm - really sweet and nice. really liked the breakdown and a lot of information, very affordable, responsive. I did find the half face trial weird as it’s hard to tell how it will hold up if it’s only on half my face.
For bridal hair and makeup, I’d charge £250 including travel.
A non refundable, non transferrable deposit of £70 would be required to secure this booking. The package including a discounted trial beforehand would be £290. I do not travel outside of Luton for trials, so you would need to travel to me. Trial is only for makeup, although we can also consult on a hair style. It’s also on one side of the face only. A deposit of £20 would be required to secure your trial. £40 would be left to pay on the day of your trial totalling £60. If you decide to go ahead and book for your event, a £100 deposit for this package will be required and the £60 you have already paid will be minused from £100. You will have £40 left to pay for your overall deposit to secure your booking for your big day. £100 will of course be minused from your full payment on the day of your event. A separate trial that’s not included in the package would be £60. Again, you would need to travel to me for this and all of the terms above would apply. A non refundable, non transferrable deposit of £20 would be required to secure this.

2. Makeup by Hifsa - really sweet - £150 (makeup only)

3. Summaya - £750 (hair & makeup) + £95 trial - £845

4. Maymunah Khan - really nice travelling from Bradford but agreed to come in earlier to help me - £650 (Hair, Makeup, Travel & Trial (in Bradford)

5. Makeup by Sofi - Quick response and nice - £650 (Hair, Makeup, Travel) + £150 (Trial) = £800

6. Faiza.Hyder - really sweet, responsive and offers a great payment method - £450 (hair & makeup) no travel cost, trial cost £95 & £155 (booking fee) both deductible from overall cost.

7. Makeupbymyra - Nice and liked her clear breakdown. Here are my prices :
Bridal Mehndi makeup is £180, Nikkah bridal makeup £200, Reception Bridal makeup £250
Travel fee is £25 to your location + £60 for trial

8. Jawaad Ashraf - nice and responsive £660 (makeup, trial, hair & travel)

9. Shama Malik - I quite like her but need to text her does anyone know her prices?

I liked but none of them came back to me despite being over a month and me chasing my request. If anyone know their prices can you plz let me know. They will go most likely go on my no list simply cause it’s rude not to reply to queries after so long.
1. Makeubyambreen
2. Makeup by Maaria
3. Zeenatbridal
4. Saima Akram
5. Cakeup.makeup annum
6. Coshimakeup
7. juliealimakeup
8. Makeup by anisa Sajid

NO MUA - not all were bad. Some I really liked and have mentioned but didn’t offer a trial sadly.
1. Shamsmua - rude blocked me when I asked for trial. weird.
2. Madiha Khan MUA - stuck up and started acting weird when I asked about trial - £600 makeup and hair with travel but no trials
3. Afshan Khan - responsive but makeup too simple - £500 (hair, makeup, travel) + £180 makeup & hair trial) - £680
4. Hanna Glam - stuck up with one word answers. says based in London but doesn’t travel here when I enquired she said she lives in Luton wth
5. Nahwishartistry - sweet but not my style of makeup £475 bridal hair and makeup and travel + £165 trial = £640
6. RS artistry - I like but she doesn’t travel to London
7. Beautybyaisha - quite nice £480 bridal hair + makeup but doesn’t offer trials
8. Makeupbyrina - one word bad reply, doesn’t travel to London
9. Raheela Khanum - bad attitude, no trial based in Manchester and didn’t give a straight answer
10. Nazhairandmakeup - too much back and forth so straight answer but £850 (bridal hair, makeup, travel) didn’t reply when asked about trial
11. Shazia Afsar MUA - really sweet but pricey - £800 (makeup, hair + travel)
12. Humera - overpriced
13. monaxrehman - I like and very responsive but bridal makeup only is £650 - quite pricey + £100 trial is in Leeds which is too far for me
14. Aneela Makeup Artistry - sweet - (Hair & Makeup): £550 + £50 (trial) + £40 (travel) = £640 not my style of makeup
15. Madeeha Akhtar - (Hair, makeup, travel) too much back and forth, only answered part of my query and ignored me unless I double replied. No trial offered. Avoid! she refused to tell me the full hair, makeup price but then messaged me with bank details asking for a £200 deposit. What a joke. Until I asked her for the 10th and she literally just email be this ‘£850‘
16. Sarah.a.makeup - quite nice and. Gave details and breakdown. Hair (inc. hair extensions) + Makeup £600. £380 for makeup only. + £200 for travel (lives in Manchester) and no trial
17. Iqrahmakeupartist - took over a month to reply back for her to say she doesn’t travel this

Anyone have any mua recommendations that you love plz let me know I’d love to reach out to them!
Hey hun have you got the list of photographers? Please share
Did you enquire with reflextion beauty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shade10
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Shade10 »

Sorry I didn’t ask reflextion beauty x

Same applies to below. It’s my personal opinion I have stated why I said yes or no to them and the response is important for me.
YES:
Photographer + videographer package:
1. Sajad.Hussain photography- Very responsive and really nice, friendly - £1850 with all professional edit pictures
2. Cinematic motions - £800 (both photo + video) clear package breakdown on their website which I love no hidden costs
3. Moazzamalifilms - really nice and has clear pricing with breakdown. They have many options starting from £2300 going up to £5K but it all depends on what you want.
4. The Wedding Stories - I like starting from £2500

NO:
1. Asiaburillweddings - nice but only photo & too expensive - £1895
2. Maya weddings - bland reply but starting from £2500
3. Sobiaqayyum - I like but I want video too but they charge only reels & photo - £950
4. Grafxmedia - I liked but I had to double chase for me first impressions counts and this was not good. They’re based in Glasgow - £1,500 (photo + videos) + £500 travel, hotel charge + album starts from £400
5. Samistudio - didn’t bother to reply
6. Tahera - didn’t bother to reply
7. Omjphotography - didn’t bother to reply
8. Picturthat - didn’t bother to reply
9. qsphotography not available but when I asked for other dates available they didn’t come back to me.
10. Uniquefilms.co.uk - they were suppose to email me but didn’t so I chased an they ignored my message

Hopefully this helps

Sarahxww
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Sarahxww »

Shade10 wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:53 pm
makeup by sofi has increase her price for hair and makeup to £600 from £250!!!!!

I enquired Nikkah soft bridal glam is £250 for make up only without hair.
£600 is hair and make up for main wedding day. So I don’t think it’s increased depends what you have enquired for.

queen rania
Informer
Informer

Post by queen rania »

Does anyone follow jatindergrewalmua, his make up skills seem to be ok but whats with the handbag collection, has anyone used him, he celebrated his 10 years yesterday with a grand party, with the current economy and many people worrying about inflation, this seems to be a bit extravagant,

MISS HONEY
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by MISS HONEY »

hey I know a wedding photographer called tanzelasportraits - really good photographer and charges only £300 for a wedding event, mendi anything really.
all pics were edited and of good quality. My cousin used her for her wedding and walima and the pics looked so good it's like she has been doing for years but she has only been doing this for two years or so. really nice and will go the extra mile like she did with my sister's events. There are cheap wedding photographers and mua out there you just have to give them a chance, even if there are new.

Zeldafromda9
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Zeldafromda9 »

Damn that sounds a lot for travel

Saher
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Saher »

Does anyone have any thoughts on Nazhairandmakeup? How much she charges?

unknown945
Lurker
Lurker

Post by unknown945 »

has anyone ordered from rania zara studio or khans of london for zeeshan danish outift

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”