Post by rulatows000 »

[quote=iseeyouwatchingmeMB post_id=4419712 time=1619115308 user_id=363819]
rulatows000 wrote:
> Pretty sure it's the site issues that made this thread dead, this is the
> first time I've been able to make a post in forever. Not much has been
> going with OFN either though. Not sure if it was discussed already but
> Chase and Asha announced that they are renting a house instead of an
> apartment, which we'd already pretty much guessed. Still haven't explained
> anything about how the opportunity 'came to them'.
> Candi kept making Instagram stories about 'huge fights' and tons of drama
> on their vacation, but wouldn't say what it was about. Lol, idk what they
> have to fight and be dramatic about on a luxury vacation like that.
> I'm curious what is up with Blake. Haven't seen or heard of him for a long
> time. Did he move out already? Is he still in contact with them? Just weird
> that they were making videos giving us updates and tours of his new place
> and now just nothing... unless I missed something.

I also wondered what “the big fight” was that Candi alluded to. I’m guessing it was between her and Ken although I’m sure we’ll never know. Someone asked on a recent video if Blake was still moving out, and Candi responded saying that it all kind of fell apart after they couldn’t agree on the last house. So I guess that’s not happening now. That sucks for Blake. Hopefully he can find something. And Asha said in today’s video that they personally know the person they will be renting the house from, but she wouldn’t say who for “privacy reasons”. I don’t think any other apartment/rental would have accepted them since they are young without regular jobs and established credit, so they’re lucky they are able to do this. It sounds like it’s a 3 bedroom house from today’s video. I really do hope it works out for them. I’d never root against them, it’s just worrisome because Chase is so immature and I don’t know what Asha would do if their relationship went sour since it doesn’t seem like she would be willing to move back home due to whatever toxic situation is going on there. It’s just scary that they rely on YouTube as income because that’s so fleeting. Life is very expensive. Maybe this will make Chase grow up and they’ll thrive. I hope so.
[/quote]

Yeah, idk what the point of alluding to the fight was, if she's just going to keep us guessing. I'm assuming it wasn't anything serious, though. I'm sad to hear that Blake's plans fell apart, I think it would be good for him to move out.
I hope Chase and Asha's moving out works out, too. I definitely wish that they would wait and mature just a little bit and am a bit leery over this Youtube vision they have, but I do hope it works for them. I was glad to see them painting and Chase helping out. Good to see they are being realistic and putting in some work on their house. I hope they realize how privileged they are to get a house like that at barely 18 and with no jobs, hopefully it motivates them to work hard and take care of their home.

rulatows000
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Re: Our Family Nest - Part 3

Post by rulatows000 »

Chase already had an accident with the Buick. It was a small one, but still, how long has he had it now? I'm glad that Ken made him contact the dealership himself to get it fixed. I thought it was interesting that he mentioned Chase being more introverted and less outgoing since quarantine. I'm glad he notices it, since Candi always brushes off comments about Asha being the only person he hangs out with and claims he has a 'great friend group'.

heatherrrrz
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Post by heatherrrrz »

Candi keeps brushing off comments about Chase's room and how he won't keep his house as messy. I beg to differ

zyxwww
Learner
Learner

Post by zyxwww »

Why does no one post anymore? Have I missed something loll

heatherrrrz
Informer
Informer

Post by heatherrrrz »

zyxwww wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:38 am
Why does no one post anymore? Have I missed something loll
GG was down for me for months until I noticed it back up last week so that's probably why

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

^ Yeah, the people will trickle back in, but it will take time until the post flow is good again.

GGishi-liteofmyday
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by GGishi-liteofmyday »

There is an OFN on the Family Vlogger Gate discord. I think everyone is over there.

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

To those still watching, what do you think of Karli deciding to do senior year online? I'm kinda surprised she's not trying to graduate early. She seems so done with high school.

plainvirginia
Stalker
Stalker

Post by plainvirginia »

mzkitteh wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:23 pm
To those still watching, what do you think of Karli deciding to do senior year online? I'm kinda surprised she's not trying to graduate early. She seems so done with high school.
Her life these days seems to revolve around taking pictures of herself on the roof of parking garages in brown cocktail dresses.

Surprised that she struggled to finish her junior year of high school, she always seemed like one to take her studies seriously - at least relatively speaking in that family.

This is the age when kids are starting to prepare for their college applications, it seems like her sole ambition at this point is to live in a “city,” irrespective of why she’s living in said city. I think the YouTube bubble has made Chase and Karli jaded to the realities of the real world…fast fashion startup sponsorship deals aren’t going to be there forever. Chase seems totally unprepared to even emotionally handle the responsibilities of an entry level job.

Feel bad for Candi. All the years spent trying to be the “cool mom” and the kids all can’t move out fast enough. Happy that she finally seems to have found a weight loss routine that’s working for her…I suspect Ken is either taking it less seriously or has given up entirely.

iseeyouwatchingmeMB
Learner
Learner

Post by iseeyouwatchingmeMB »

I know this thread is basically dead and I hardly watch these people anymore, but Karli’s most recent video popped up in my recommended yesterday. Did anyone else watch it? She said she’s been struggling with her mental health and doesn’t know if she wants to continue with YouTube because she doesn’t know what direction she wants to take her channel in. She said that she feels depressed unless she’s with her friends so she just wants to be with her friends all the time and it’s causing issues with her parents and making her neglect things in her life. She seemed pretty upset the whole time. She mentioned something about how all her brothers are moved out so it’s just her and her parents and she seems to not be thrilled about that.

iseeyouwatchingmeMB
Learner
Learner

Post by iseeyouwatchingmeMB »

Oh and I forgot to add, she said the most important thing to her in her life will always be her friends. It seems like she really doesn’t like Candi and Ken right now lol.

kittycat2
Informer
Informer

Post by kittycat2 »

is there a thread for emma and ellie on here?? i can’t seem to find one

taytay
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by taytay »

iseeyouwatchingmeMB wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:56 am
Oh and I forgot to add, she said the most important thing to her in her life will always be her friends. It seems like she really doesn’t like Candi and Ken right now lol.
She acts like her life is miserable having to be around her parents. Like can it really be that bad?

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

kittycat2 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:33 am
is there a thread for emma and ellie on here?? i can’t seem to find one
Not as I know. There is a active Emma and Ellie thread over at Youtubemommydrama YTMD: https://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php? ... &start=680

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

Karli chopped some of her hair off. Looks fine. Very rare to see a genuine smile nowadays:

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

Asha and Chase broke up:

Regardless, that relationship went way longer than I was expecting.

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

I watched a vlog for the first time in probably weeks if not longer.

Chase is living back at home, and Karli's boyfriend is living there as well. I am curious to know how that conversation went w/ having her bf move in. But they seem to be welcoming of whoever comes and stays there. I think it's great that Karli is keeping this relationship very much away from social media and the vlogs. But him living there is interesting......
.......meow.......

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

Since I've never seen her in the vlogs anymore, it's nice to see in IG that Karli is still friends with Emily Guilliam:

Return to “Our Family Nest”