Learner
Learner

Re: Marzia “retired and photo editing” Kjellberg - Part 14

Post by noturmothersmilkers »

justpassingby2 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 6:52 am
LaPetiteFleurs wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 4:20 am
Welcome luvsanrio777 :love2: I had a look at the ring you mentioned and it indeed appears similar. It’s a popular ring style so she could have gotten it anywhere but it’s the same frustrating issue over and over: it’s rare that she directly copies every detail so she’s not doing anything legally wrong but she doesn’t seem to have any original ideas....ever.

If you’re still reading here ggPRfail, please come back soon! It’s so interesting to get your perspective. You don’t have to reveal anything too gossipy if you’re uncomfortable.

I was shocked when I heard Brad announce the spilt but I also had noticed some oddities within their relationship. What’s Emma going to do now? She has no source of income. She’s relied fully on Brad for years and doesn’t have much work experience. It’s likely very scary for her.
Emma has her own twitch and I think she’s doing well on her channel. She has strong, regular followers and I wouldn’t be surprised that her twitch channel would grow stronger. It’s possible that she will come back to YouTube and continue her amazing makeup channel. She seems like a good businesswoman.
In one of her recent streams she was telling her followers that she wasn't interested in YouTube anymore as a whole, but specifically what she was uploading before she dipped completely. I'm pretty sure she isn't going back, or at the very least, wouldn't upload the sort of content she was releasing before, as she said she wasn't into SFX makeup at this point.

LaPetiteFleurs
Informer
Informer

Post by LaPetiteFleurs »

Oh my goodness these hair ads are annoying. Notice how her hair looks darker in the ads compared to her Insta? I think she’s changing the lighting to darken her hair so you can’t see how it’s still quite dry and damaged.

noturmothersmilkers wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:23 pm
I will say too that Marzia only recently posting to promote Tsuki and her partnership with Function of Beauty is quite telling. Everyone has the right to their own privacy, so I understand her wanting to remove herself from the public eye, and yet she still wants to occasionally show-off her life or her "highlight reel" and turn a profit off of her devout fans by selling them products that she gets for free, simply by existing. Personally, this rubs me the wrong way. Not to say others don't do this, but she made a point to distance herself from social media and her fans, so I guess someone enjoys having their cake and eating it too, on top of avoiding making any sort of appearance in Felix's vlogs at all cost.
You summed up my feelings 100% (and welcome!) She doesn’t want to be known as an “influencer” anymore (she’s an artist! a designer! 🙄) and yet she still has her manager’s contact details in her IG description. We know she doesn’t need the money so.....why?

Her not showing up in Felix’s vlogs intrigues me. It’s likely because she can’t control the angles/lighting but there could be more to it.

sufficientcontact
Informer
Informer

Post by sufficientcontact »

i used to be obsessed with marzia years ago and when she left youtube i just stopped following her and keeping updated on stuff... i decided to check in on her after pewdiepie's video on moving to japan. imagine my shock to see that she is still using her instagram to promote products? that seems so shallow and sad, wtf. and the timing, too... she had that function of beauty ad go live the same day pewds posted the japan vlog. i'm glad she's comfortable milking her following for cash without providing any content. (i think i'm mostly bitter because i LOVED her videos and it feels really disingenuous that she's continuing to collect sponsor checks after removing herself from the internet.)

noturmothersmilkers
Learner
Learner

LaPetiteFleurs wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 11:28 pm
Oh my goodness these hair ads are annoying. Notice how her hair looks darker in the ads compared to her Insta? I think she’s changing the lighting to darken her hair so you can’t see how it’s still quite dry and damaged.

Thu May 12, 2022 9:23 pm
I will say too that Marzia only recently posting to promote Tsuki and her partnership with Function of Beauty is quite telling. Everyone has the right to their own privacy, so I understand her wanting to remove herself from the public eye, and yet she still wants to occasionally show-off her life or her "highlight reel" and turn a profit off of her devout fans by selling them products that she gets for free, simply by existing. Personally, this rubs me the wrong way. Not to say others don't do this, but she made a point to distance herself from social media and her fans, so I guess someone enjoys having their cake and eating it too, on top of avoiding making any sort of appearance in Felix's vlogs at all cost.
You summed up my feelings 100% (and welcome!) She doesn’t want to be known as an “influencer” anymore (she’s an artist! a designer! 🙄) and yet she still has her manager’s contact details in her IG description. We know she doesn’t need the money so.....why?

Her not showing up in Felix’s vlogs intrigues me. It’s likely because she can’t control the angles/lighting but there could be more to it.
I can totally see what you're saying in terms of the lighting/trying to alter the appearance of her hair to look healthier, but I think it might just be a matter of her filming everything in advance and only releasing the stories based on their contract timeline. I'm not an influencer myself, so I can't say for sure! Just a hunch.

Thanks for the warm welcome! :love2: The timing of her sponsored post could purely be coincidental, buuut it is very timely with Felix's video. I wouldn't be surprised if it was strategically done.

noturmothersmilkers
Learner
Learner

sufficientcontact wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:04 am
i used to be obsessed with marzia years ago and when she left youtube i just stopped following her and keeping updated on stuff... i decided to check in on her after pewdiepie's video on moving to japan. imagine my shock to see that she is still using her instagram to promote products? that seems so shallow and sad, wtf. and the timing, too... she had that function of beauty ad go live the same day pewds posted the japan vlog. i'm glad she's comfortable milking her following for cash without providing any content. (i think i'm mostly bitter because i LOVED her videos and it feels really disingenuous that she's continuing to collect sponsor checks after removing herself from the internet.)
I think many of us are in the same boat as you. I was also once a fan, and not even because of Pewdiepie, I just genuinely enjoyed watching her content. I will admit, there were definitely videos I felt were pretty plain, but at the time I just liked her as a person so I didn't care. Once she decided to stop uploading to YouTube, that's when I truly became more critical of her behaviour. Her leaving was a personal choice, which is fine, but then considering she gained her following via the Pewdiepie name/YouTube, it felt sort of disrespectful to the fans to get rid of all her content. No one was protesting her leaving (well, maybe some were), but it was like a big f*ck you to people who supported her. It's not like you can't find her content out there anyway, plus she said she deleted her content for herself to help her "move on" or whatever. Move on... from what? From your start of fame? To distance yourself from the vary people who got you to where you are currently? Nope, didn't respect that, so from that point on I started to see her differently and this forum really just said was I've been thinking all along.

Also 100% yes, her still profiting off of an audience she tried to distance herself from is QUESTIONABLE at best. Couldn't agree more! :roll:

endoftheworld321
Learner
Learner

Post by endoftheworld321 »

personally I love her style.

But I've lost respect for her after finding she still purchases non-ethical fashion herself (Monkl, maybe other more fast fahion brands), isn't she an advocator of ethical fashion????

Where is the integrity??? Is being an advocator of ethical fashion just something to make her appear "cool" and "kind"???

I think all of it might be less important to her than looking aesthetic, having cute outfits, and posing pictures on Instagram.

But the fast-fashion items might be being sent by companies - even that - as an advocator of ethical fashion - she should've refused it IMO. you don't like companies that use slave factories - why would you buy it, or receive the items, or wear it?????

To wear fast fashion as an influencer is simply promoting it.

endoftheworld321
Learner
Learner

Also, I'd hope she'd get over being obsessed with her appearance and how she looks...It's so superficial...

All that she has now is just from being pretty and meeting Felix at the right time.

Her life seems to revolve around superficial things...aesthetics and cutesy things.

Despite beauty having meaning itself, but being sooo self-conscious and obsessed is unhealthy. Who cares if she has a bad side, having wrinkles? Who is perfect anyways?

Chase meaning, don't chase superficial aesthetics.

noturmothersmilkers
Learner
Learner

endoftheworld321 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:38 pm
personally I love her style.

But I've lost respect for her after finding she still purchases non-ethical fashion herself (Monkl, maybe other more fast fahion brands), isn't she an advocator of ethical fashion????

Where is the integrity??? Is being an advocator of ethical fashion just something to make her appear "cool" and "kind"???

I think all of it might be less important to her than looking aesthetic, having cute outfits, and posing pictures on Instagram.

But the fast-fashion items might be being sent by companies - even that - as an advocator of ethical fashion - she should've refused it IMO. you don't like companies that use slave factories - why would you buy it, or receive the items, or wear it?????

To wear fast fashion as an influencer is simply promoting it.
Although sometimes I find she doesn't style certain pieces in the best way, I do genuinely like most of her clothes and her style as a whole. I noticed that too, she had this WHOLE thing about ethical fashion and even mentioned watching "The True Cost" in a deleted YouTube video which talks about how unethical most massed produced clothing is. She made a point to only purchase more responsible fashion, but what happened? We know she has the means to buy ethical fashion, but is it simply just not trendy anymore? It's interesting that she basically became vegetarian for the animals, so clearly she has a moral compass which is what allegedly drove her to make more ethical decisions regarding fashion... right? :? I don't think anyone who supports pugs really cares about much beyond the aesthetic. Don't get me wrong; they can be super cute, but promoting the breeding of pugs because they're cute or "aesthetic" is wrong. The breed has been bread to absolute filth, they can't even breathe properly, which Felix acknowledges in his recent video on why they needed to fly via private jet to Japan.

My hunch is that it was superficial all along and just an elaborate plot to further her image. If something means that much to you, then why do you flip-flop so casually on your values? Not to mention that designer brands are far from ethical, which she also often sports. Maybe she was just hoping that by deleting all her old videos she'd delete the hypocrisy alongside them. :|

Sadly, Marzia is vain. As a ex-fan I wanted to believe she wasn't, but everything she does is reflective of her vanity and surface-level interests. Here's a list (lmao):
  • I believe her Maì line was curated to push the image of the "creative soul" while pumping out half-assed designs.
  • All her YouTube videos were lazy/pretty at best with no real value beyond whatever momentary entertainment you get from seeing nice shots and being fed quirky lines occasionally.
  • They uprooted their lives to move to Japan, a country which they don't even speak the language, for no real reason other than having enjoyed vacationing there a handful of times.
  • Only ever showing one side of her face then making a post about it while curating the other side of her face to make it look the most flattering. (Even when she tries to be deep, she falls flat and makes it as superficial as possible.)
  • Claiming to be interested in ethical fashion when it's popular then dropping it the second she thinks no one will notice.
  • Owning pugs, which are known to have horrible health conditions promoting the ownership to millions of people, therefore increasing the supply and demand of unethical breeding practices.
It's crazy to me how privileged someone can be and not have any self-awareness of how they come off to others, especially considering she's so vain, it's almost weird. Like, how is it possible she can receive amazing opportunities simply by being PDP's GF (now wife) that allowed her to travel, have a relatively successful YouTube career, and now her own 'whatever-the-f*ck-I-wanna-sell' shop, i.e. Maì, and not acknowledge the privileged position she came from? It's not every day you get to date or marry a famous person that allows you to live a life of luxury and sell whatever your fingers can craft, even with little skill, people will eat it up. Yet, she had the nerve to complain about being known as his GF, but SHE was the one who started a YouTube career and featured him in every video/made their relationship extremely public; by doing so, that's how she got to where she is! She sounds like all those "self-made" millionaires, or billionaires à la Kylie Jenner. :roll:

Sorry for the long-ass reply.

tumba
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0

Post by tumba »

I remember exactly when I stopped being her fan. It was when she posted a video speaking in her room but there were workers in the flat and the buzzing and construction noises were super annoying.

It was lazy and disrespectful. How could she think that was okay?! Any other professional youtuber would reshoot it or change their filming schedule.

bigfunkylady
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bigfunkylady »

Fri May 13, 2022 11:18 am
Her leaving was a personal choice, which is fine, but then considering she gained her following via the Pewdiepie name/YouTube, it felt sort of disrespectful to the fans to get rid of all her content. No one was protesting her leaving (well, maybe some were), but it was like a big f*ck you to people who supported her. It's not like you can't find her content out there anyway, plus she said she deleted her content for herself to help her "move on" or whatever. Move on... from what? From your start of fame? To distance yourself from the vary people who got you to where you are currently? Nope, didn't respect that, so from that point on I started to see her differently and this forum really just said was I've been thinking all along.
I agree 100%. It was so disrespectful and rude to deleted all her videos, just to hide her cringy self-perception and under the excuse of moving on. On top of that, she said in her infamous ¨Goodbye Youtube¨ vid, and I quote *you (as the mArZipaNs uwu) gave me the best years of my life* and the she added ¨I hope that doesnt come out across as me beaing tired of THIS (?)¨ :rofl: sure honey, not at all. And the mood of that video, so cold and narcissistic. She's so uptight she couldn't even share a gesture of emotion. I was, and still am, very disgusted by her impolitness.

On a another note, I thing this move to Japan is going to end bad. I mean, they both are so superficial, and sadly Japan is nowadays the consumers paradise, but that fulfillment wont last forever. Also they don't speak japanese, Marzia's mom is sick and Maya is very old.... I think this idealistic balloon of the *nihonjin life* is popping soon.

And lastly.
Where the heck is DoGgYy ?! :?

PS: thank you ggPRfail <3 keep spelling the tea

chipn dip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by chipn dip »

This is gona sound cruel, but I believe living in Japan will mess with Marzia's self-image even more.

She will feel like a huge heifer there compared to Japanese women. She will be the biggest size in all their clothing and shoes, she will tower over them etc.

Mind you she doesn't go out much so she may never experience these things, but IMO her 'i am a smol bean' thing will seem jarring around people who are actually small.

noturmothersmilkers
Learner
Learner

bigfunkylady wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:05 am
On a another note, I thing this move to Japan is going to end bad. I mean, they both are so superficial, and sadly Japan is nowadays the consumers paradise, but that fulfillment wont last forever. Also they don't speak japanese, Marzia's mom is sick and Maya is very old.... I think this idealistic balloon of the *nihonjin life* is popping soon.
YES. I remember in Marzia's "Goodbye YouTube" video she spoke about how moving to Brighton was difficult for her due to her social anxiety. She was heavily reliant on Felix to do just about anything, which caused her to become depressed and anxious. I know that part of the reason for that happening was that she wasn't reaching out to people or attempting to make friends in the beginning, and I know M&F have friends in Japan, but there's that added stress of the culture being completely different + not being able to speak the language. They're both going to struggle, but especially Marzia. I couldn't imagine them lasting the full two years.

They fell for the trope of moving to a romanticized country, not realizing that your vacationing experience won't mimic the reality of being a Japanese citizen, or any citizen in a country you've only ever visited casually.
bigfunkylady wrote:
And lastly.
I was thinking the exact same thing. In the past, Marzia always made a point to address Dogy concerns, but they didn't mention him once.

noturmothersmilkers
Learner
Learner

tumba wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:21 am
I remember exactly when I stopped being her fan. It was when she posted a video speaking in her room but there were workers in the flat and the buzzing and construction noises were super annoying.

It was lazy and disrespectful. How could she think that was okay?! Any other professional youtuber would reshoot it or change their filming schedule.
I remember searching for some of her content when she deleted all her YouTube videos. I'm sure most of you are aware that there's a Russian account that's re-uploaded a good portion of her videos, just with added Russian subs, and I believe this video is on there.

When I was watching her, I definitely saw her with rose coloured glasses, so I understand why so many others idolize her and never really "snap out of it" so to speak. She has a way of appearing to the masses by coming off as sweet and innocent, kinda quirky, and a bit goofy. I know some will disagree, but she dresses in a way that's cute but still attractive, so men and women alike tend to find her appealing. She never really divulged too much about herself, but just enough to keep her audience interested, yet intrigued by that air of mystery. That's just my theory anyway, I don't actually believe she was trying to achieve this, I think it just happened. The list really goes on: she doesn't swear or drink/smoke, she likes ~quirky~ things like creepy dolls, and even things you wouldn't expect her to like, like the horror genre and tattoos, yet she's also conventionally attractive, so it's like the perfect storm.

Having said that, re-watching her old videos I found myself extremely bored, and not because I had seen them before. It became very clear that the initial appeal she had in my eyes was basically gone. Her videos were lazy, even the production isn't as nice as I remembered it being. She had good equipment, but that's it. She often filmed videos either extremely close or way too far away from her face, her shots were usually shaky and not in focus, and the topics themselves were just... meh. She never really spoke about anything interesting beyond a surface level. Her videos gave you the illusion of knowing her without really knowing her at all. I even read a comment of someone saying her content reminded them of a Studio Ghibli movie. BIG oof. I felt like she had the right equipment, but never bothered learning how to use it properly. I will say though that I did genuinely enjoy the music choices she used later on in her YouTube career.

She used one of her nicer cameras (that she used too liberally to film vlogs) that was meant for more artsy shots, but it ended up making everything super out of focus and the camera itself always made a super loud clicking noise.
Here's an example (at the 5 minute mark):
Some examples of videos filmed too far away: & & & many more, tbh.

Something I feel the need to say is that having all those interests aren't wrong. Another reason why I liked her so much was because I felt like we had very similar interests, BUT it's everything else that makes me question her. Like the copying of creative content, the laziness, the lack of respect for her audience or gratitude towards her circumstances + general hypocrisy reflected in her choices. THAT's why I'm no longer a fan.

LaPetiteFleurs
Informer
Informer

Post by LaPetiteFleurs »

Okay, I’m just going to say it. I know this may sound harsh and I genuinely don’t mean it to be, but.....I still judge Marzia for moving while her mother is very sick. I know we don’t have all the details and ggPRfail did say her mum is stabilized but she’s also apparently still in hospital and has been for over a year....how healthy can she be?

I can understand if this move had to be done for work or something but it’s literally just them moving because (I quote Felix from his last video) “we like how we feel here.” Really? That’s it? What if her mom gets worse? There’s a BIG difference in flight time from Japan to Italy vs UK to Italy. They have their whole lives to visit Japan. Why now?

What do you think? Again, I know we don’t have all the details but because we don’t have all the details I think we’re allowed to be a little judgmental 🙈
bigfunkylady wrote:
And lastly.
PS: thank you ggPRfail <3 keep spelling the tea
He passed away last year, Felix mentioned on stream. I am just a little suspicious considering Felix seemed quite sheepish while discussing it and he moved on from the topic very quickly. (And has refused to address it again...)

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

marzia's instagram photos of herself makes me feel like I have facial blindness. Every photo of marzia’s face feels unrecognisable. Like she gets a new face for every few photos. Is it more surgery? The fillers? Or photoshop? Or filters? I can’t even tell anymore.
I have no fucks left to give.

LaPetiteFleurs
Informer
Informer

Post by LaPetiteFleurs »

Penelope penny wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 3:52 am

marzia's instagram photos of herself makes me feel like I have facial blindness. Every photo of marzia’s face feels unrecognisable. Like she gets a new face for every few photos. Is it more surgery? The fillers? Or photoshop? Or filters? I can’t even tell anymore.
Oh my goodness; I just opened my app and I didn’t recognize her at first, I thought I had accidentally followed someone new and was trying to figure out who it was 🙈 It was only for a moment but still...

It’s her nose that looks the most different to me. Sometimes a stan will come here and say how we talk about her face too much but, how can we not? It’s constantly ever-evolving. Sometimes her nose is slim, sometimes thicker. Sometimes her lips look normal, sometimes they borderline on huge. Sometimes her brows are low, sometimes high (though this is usually a sign of recent botox) And it’s not just makeup that creates new looks; her actual features completely change. Plus she always has the same makeup look.

PeepoHappy4weird
Learner
Learner

Post by PeepoHappy4weird »

HEYYYY The return of Marzia’s ever changing face. I immediately thought of this place when I saw it on my IG feed.

Still feel the Japan move is a fad and they know it deep down, hence reducing the time they’ll be spending.

ggPRfail, keep up the posting whenever you get more info. Adds loads of context to things that we suspected or knew.
A man is no one.

endoftheworld321
Learner
Learner

Nose job and botox around cheeks/eyes/forehead.

Perhaps more.

Her biggest obsession is her appearance.

blondiexxx
Lurker
Lurker

Post by blondiexxx »

LaPetiteFleurs wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 6:21 pm
Okay, I’m just going to say it. I know this may sound harsh and I genuinely don’t mean it to be, but.....I still judge Marzia for moving while her mother is very sick. I know we don’t have all the details and ggPRfail did say her mum is stabilized but she’s also apparently still in hospital and has been for over a year....how healthy can she be?
Marzia is not the only one to blame... Did you keep up with her brother's family? They JUST moved to Indonesia (maybe Bali?!) and looks like they want to be youtubers once again. How long will it last?

noturmothersmilkers
Learner
Learner

Well, well, well. Look what we have here, folks:
281308409_367385508694178_4484441175408665099_n.jpg
281462724_716113006181280_287767596271904008_n.jpg
280767271_2115126255328294_9145824080171077830_n.jpg
Sorry the screenshots are kinda blurry, but you can def still read them.
For those of you who don't know, Jen posted a little Q&A on her Instagram stories and claimed someone asked a question which was revoked, but I call bullsh*t. I don't think you can un-submit a question via the poll feature on Instagram, and if you can then please correct me. I believe she reads this forum because she's obsessed with Marzia and found an excuse to address this rumour.

It's funny how the ONLY point she addresses is the money part, and not the stealing of Marzia's clothes or her obsession with her/copying. Also, this is just straight up awkward as hell.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “CutiePieMarzia”