Nail Polish Collection

Mar2013
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nail Polish Collection

Post by Mar2013 »

I didn't see a topic on this, so I figured I'd make one.

What does everyone like for brands of polish? How many polishes do you own? How do you store your polishes?

as for me, I like Essie, OPI, Butter London and China Glaze. If I had to pick just a brand to use it would be a hard one but I think Essie would be my favorite one. I own around 120+ I work in a hair salon, and do manicures sometimes, so I bring in a bunch of my colors to use. I actually built a nail polish rack out of foam board..it's falling apart right now...haha but I also keep them in a storage bin :)

incognito

Re: Nail Polish Collection

Post by incognito »

Zoya is definitely my favorite brand overall, their quality is very consistent and I love everything I've gotten from them. My favorite is Aurora, really pretty purple with holographic glitter. I also like Essie and OPI, although I've gotten a few polishes from them that sucked. I just store my nail polishes in a shoebox, nothing fancy :)

lacrymosa
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by lacrymosa »

I have about 70 right now, several brands. To be honest my favourite is probably Barry M. OPI and Revlon are also good for me. What is it everyone likes about Essie? I have a few of their colours but i find the consistency and texture so frustrating! But the colours are gorgeous.

I also store them on these polish stands i got off amazon.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

I have... alot of polishes, and I'll just leave it at that. My favorite brand is Essie.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Okay.. I have...
- 28 OPI
- 27 Essie
- 4 Butter London, 2 Illamasqua, 3 MAC, 3 NARS, 1 Nails INC, 4 MAVALA.
- 16 Sephora by OPI
- 5 CHANEL, 2 DIOR, 3 Deborah Lippmann.
- 12 China Glaze
- 12 ORLY
- 1 L'OREAL, 1 PUPA, 1 Sinful Colors, 1 Maybelline, 1 American Apparel.
- 9 REVLON, 1 Cover Girl, 1 Klean Color.
- 4 Nicole by OPI
- 9 Sally Hansen.
- 4 Base Coats (Seche Clear, OPI, random brand, Sally Hansen)
- 6 Top Coats (Sally Hansen, American Apparel, Orly)
- Orly Flash Dry drying drops
- Nails Inc Matte top coat

justanotherhater

Post by justanotherhater »

I have a lot. Nail polish is my thing and everyone that knows me in person knows that. Last time I counted (not too long ago, and haven't bought much since) I had a little over 400. I keep them in built in drawers under my bed. I can't find much else to house my collection. I tried the racks but I would need a lot of them.

I don't do nails professionally or anything but my friends ask me to do their nails all the time. I usually do nails for my family and friends.

My favorite brand is OPI. About half of collection is from them. I like OPI for my basic colors, Essie for pastels and CG for neons. The rest are chanel,illamasqua, Revlon and Ciate. I have a few other random brands too.

Mar2013
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mar2013 »

I'm glad im not the only one with a nail polish obsession, my boyfriend is always telling me I need to stop with the nail polish haha!

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

I'm guessing I have a little over 100 and it's constantly growing. I just keep them in those like three-drawer rolly bins everyone and their mother has, they're not organized at all lol. I don't really have a favorite brand because nothing has really disappointed me or has seemed to hold up longer than another, most of mine though are Avon (my mom sells it, so), Revlon, Sinful Colors, and Sally Hansen.

Mar2013
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mar2013 »

What are some gold nail polishes everyone likes? I'm having a hard time trying to find a good one.

stylishpie_177
Talker
Talker

Post by stylishpie_177 »

incognito wrote:Zoya is definitely my favorite brand overall, their quality is very consistent and I love everything I've gotten from them. My favorite is Aurora, really pretty purple with holographic glitter. I also like Essie and OPI, although I've gotten a few polishes from them that sucked. I just store my nail polishes in a shoebox, nothing fancy :)
I do not recommend Zoya. It does last long but stains the nails. I recommend Essie which I'm sure lasts as long and does not stain the nails. However you should always base your nail color look with clear polish!!!!!!

gretchenw
Informer
Informer

Post by gretchenw »

I've been collecting nail polish on and off for about 8 years. I've given away somewhere around 90-100 bottles to family, friends and people on facebook and I still have a little over 500. I keep mine put away in a 12 drawer melmer. That way they aren't exposed on a regular basis to light and other elements that can effect the quality and color.
China Glaze is the brand I have the most of, mainly because it's the first brand I ever bought and because they sold it at Sallys. I like A England, BB Couture, Illamasqua, RBL, CND and Nails Inc a lot.

Regina Phalange
Informer
Informer

Post by Regina Phalange »

I love nail polish too. I own around 40 I think. My favorite brands are zoya, essie, opi, and butter London. If I could only choose one to use forever it would be butter London. I wish they were cheaper though

Mar2013
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mar2013 »

I agree! I wish butter london was cheaper! You can actually find them on amazon for 11 dollars sometimes and they have free shipping :) I usually get a couple from there sometimes.

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

Zoya has a really great formula, but the polishes in my experience don't work well with other brand base/top coats, especially one that are NOT big 4 free. This includes ones that has formaldehyde resin. My Seche Vite works horribly with Zoya unfortunately, but I'll try Zoya base and top coats for a change :(

ScottHiggins
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ScottHiggins »

Please tell me what design is now fashionable in pedicure?

Return to “Nail Care”