Prom Dresses

kittencuddleparty
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Prom Dresses

Post by kittencuddleparty »

I don't know if there's already a thread for this, but what type of prom dresses do you guys like? What did your prom dress look like? I love prom dresses and just formal attire in general. :love2: Feel free to post pictures!

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Prom Dresses

Post by Angie V »

My prom dress (damn that was over 4 years ago now crazy) was a black halter-top and slightly below the knee. I just happened to have it in my closet and got it at tjmaxx for $20 xD I wasn't going to go to prom but then my dad made me; I hate dress shopping so I just wore what I had.
imma ball til the day i fall

peetharolls
Talker
Talker

Post by peetharolls »

I went to prom twice. The first time I went as a sophomore (I got invited) and I wore a long yellow halter dress. It has low cut and had a few embellishments on it. I totally loved it at the time but now I look at it and think what the hell was I thinking? Lol. My senior year, I wore a gorgeous periwinkle dress. It dipped low in the back and had an amazing train. Omg it was gorgeous!! It also was cut at the sides so my tummy showed a little. As beautiful as the dress was, I got it for $25 at a consignment shop! I will keep this dress forever

monochrome
Debater
Debater

Post by monochrome »

I have 2 more years until my Senior year prom so I don't really have to decide now but my dream dress would probably be something like a white strapless mini dress.
I don't get the point of wearing long extravagant dresses. I prefer something simple because then you can add a few accesories to it and BAM, your outfit will look gorgeous.

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

I love 1950's glamour prom dresses. I got all my dresses from Unique Vintage and Blommingdales

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

I only went my junior year, but I really liked my prom dress. It was long and a lighter blue with sort of a halter neck with thick straps that were embellished with black and white pearls (not real pearls obviously haha). The straps wrapped around to the back, which was all open with the exception of the straps. It was really cute and flattering considering I was about 15 pounds heavier when I went to prom. I've posted a picture of it on here before I think.

kittencuddleparty
Debater
Debater

How do you post pictures on here? I'd love to show you guys my prom dress! I've only been to one prom. Thank you so much for posting everyone!

AngelPrincess
Informer
Informer

Post by AngelPrincess »

Oh my goodness I was a hot mess for my prom. I seriously wanted to get as close to a wedding dress as physically possible. I had a poofy light blue taffeta ballroom gown with black peep toe shoes. I don't even know why I thought taffeta was a good fabric its horrible with all the noise it makes when you move. I just feel in love with the dress at the time but now I want to burn all my pictures from that night. -__-

I don't want to actually post the picture of me in the dress but it looked something like this except the color was different.

I guess I was young and when you're young you're allowed to make mistakes. my dress was expensive about $240 plus tax.

kittencuddleparty
Debater
Debater

This was my prom dress. Really expensive and very poofy, but I love it so much. It made me feel like a princess :D

The back of it is also very nice.

iwasnevergone
Learner
Learner

Post by iwasnevergone »

I never went to either of mine (13/18 in England!) just because I don't like the idea of them at all. But if I was forced these would be my options...most likely the second one :) I'd wear either of them to a different formal event though :D

http://www.polyvore.com/miss_you/set?id=92362071

http://www.polyvore.com/navy_prom/set?id=77071881

weston12
Stalker
Stalker

Post by weston12 »

kittencuddleparty wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:42 pm
This was my prom dress. Really expensive and very poofy, but I love it so much. It made me feel like a princess :D

The back of it is also very nice.
Looks great. :tu:

Return to “Prom”