Post by effervescence »

Her pregnancy post just reminded me why I love reading her blog so much. <3

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Xiaxue

Post by Clover la BonBon »

effervescence wrote:Her pregnancy post just reminded me why I love reading her blog so much. <3
Same!

meerkat
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by meerkat »

Well, surprised to hear she's pregnant. Hope the baby turns out well.

With that said this is going to sound like undue criticism to an expecting mother, but I've had this problem with her months and months prior, so I feel that it's fair to point it out.

Most who like her say XX is honest because she doesn't hide her plastic surgery and photoshop. But honestly people, she looks WAY different pre-PS. Do you even think it would have been possible to not be honest about it? Just because she is honest about one thing doesn't mean she is about everything. I actually find her very hypocritical.

Here’s what she has to say to a victim of bullying:
http://www.formspring.me/Xiaxue/q/324294111773356461
“WHINE WHINE WHINE. You people WHINE TOO MUCH. Quit the goddamn whining and tell me about the positive things in your life you are grateful for for fuck's sake. So sick of all the whining!!!!!!!!”
But what does she do when she becomes a target of cyberbullying? She “whines” about it, all over the Internet, in fact. Sometimes she goes all out to provide their names and faces and everything. While that might be fair towards, say, Peter Coffin or the people in her haters post, she also does that to teenage girls whose 'hate' is so silly and laughable you shouldn't even bother.
001.jpg
And she actively condones her fans attacking them until they close their accounts.
Given how GG dislikes Michelle Phan for doing stuff like that, I’m surprised people are okay about XX doing the same, even worse.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

I don't think anyone condones Wendy for telling her fans to attack these people. It's not right, no matter who does it.

whatthefreshhell
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by whatthefreshhell »

Tbh I'm kinda looking forward to her pissing off all the mommy bloggers. You know she's not going to be one of those "OMG miracle of life I'm glowing!" people.

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

^^ I'm interested to see how she's going to blog her life as a mother, if even at all. It seems like it will be a complete 180 from the Xiaxue that we know. Can you imagine what her kid is going to think when he/she sees the blog for the first time?

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

and what exactly will the kid think? you sound very narrow minded, i can only imagine what kind of relationship you have with your mother

Marie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Marie »

effervescence wrote:Her pregnancy post just reminded me why I love reading her blog so much. <3
Me too! Now lemme just say this.

My previous comment was left after my first time visit on Xiaxue's blog. While i STILL think it's a pity that her 'cute' face is nothing but makeup, and her real self is not that pretty to begin with, i do have some positive points about her. I don't know why she's so abhorred, after all?

I've read a couple of posts (real number, about 20 or 30!) on her blog and i just don't think she's stupid at all, nor catty or mean. She might be putting on her little vapid, superficial and selfish act (or she probably really is but isn't afraid to tell it?) but she's 99% right with everything she says, when it comes to 'life' and attitude issues.

Her post on being skinny v fat and the whole Adele thing- priceless.

Her posts on her own 'materialistic' ways and how she doesn't like giving away stuff she's paid for/worked for just because someone asks for it- priceless as well.

The way she just admits she happens to like looking good, and strives for it, and how that's nobody's business and if someone doesn't like it then fine- i think she's just ballsy and that's really REFRESHING. At least she's different than 100% of the bloggers out there who kiss each other's a$$es and always pretend they're so ok and cool with everything, blogging in the most boring manner. Xiaxue can keep the balance between being bitchy and caustic yet not letting this attitude of hers dominate her blog- it is, after all, a beauty blog.

She's never said things like 'i'm famous, i'm rich, i'm known and you're nothing, you jealous little creeps, haha!', and never accused people of 'being jealous' (my absolute favorite line) in the same vein others do. She's just honest and says what she really believes.

I like her logic, as well. This girl clearly has brains and even if she doesn't put her mind to the biggest cause out there, to be honest, i personally think that if i were to know my single click could make or break a blogger, or could bring tons of $ to someone, i'd choose her in a heartbeat.

Now. This is not an 'apologetic' post about what i previously said about her (that she uses fake lashes & circle lenses, that she was ugly), etc., because i think she still is ...not that pretty. I still believe that (what a previous commentator said, the Korean 'joke') when she washes her face, she doesn't look remotely similar to what her photoshopped photos look like. This is a pity, but whatever.

I just think she's original and fair, and honest, and even if she's sponsored and bitchy, this is who she is, and at least her 'fake'-ness is 99% more original than the one of all those spoiled b*tches like the Fowler sisters, etc, not to mention the nutcases like Andrea the Dragon teeth lady or Kandee the Sparkly Straitjacket.

My toughts. I just wanted to say this because, even if Xiaxue IS superficial, or pretends being, i am not THAT superficial and didn't feel too good after having judged her by her old looks only.

Marie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Marie »

And i totally expect her 'mommy posts' to be really original and funny at the same time, i love how she described her first trimester, being so honest about everything and not saying stuff like 'maternity is a blessing' , 'i am glowing', and all that crap you always hear about pregnancies and babies (i should know, my sister reads a ton of maternity blogs because she has children, and i sometimes like to peak :P ).

meerkat
Talker
Talker

Post by meerkat »

Marie wrote: She's never said things like 'i'm famous, i'm rich, i'm known and you're nothing, you jealous little creeps, haha!', and never accused people of 'being jealous' (my absolute favorite line) in the same vein others do. She's just honest and says what she really believes.
010.jpg
009.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

Alka wrote:and what exactly will the kid think? you sound very narrow minded, i can only imagine what kind of relationship you have with your mother
Who exactly are you referring to?

lemons
Learner
Learner

Post by lemons »

Her blog is quite addictive, but to be honest, her personality is shit. People say she's "edgy" and "hilarious", yet all I see that is edgy about her is her bitching about things and cussing a lot. (Not that there's anything wrong with cussing, it's just that it doesn't automatically make you better than anyone else.)
She constantly bitches about Dawn Yang, even though the whole DY incident happened YEARS ago, yet she STILL complains about the whole thing, calling her "plasticzilla or whatever, even though she appears to have gotten just as many procedures. She seems to have this mindset that if somebody insults her, if they are not as good looking as her their opinion is not valid, and they must be a loser in real life.
[youtube][/youtube]
And THIS video. I don't think I have to say anything about this one to get my point across.

Her rape jokes make me especially mad. And that post about a girl sueing her rapist who happened to be in the millitary, saying that she was LUCKY TO BE RAPED by somebody attractive, and "she wouldnt care about getting raped if it was a hot guy". Something along those lines.

I like reading her blog, and she is a pretty girl (even though she has had plastic surgery), but honestly, I can't stand her as a person.
Just my 2 cents.

Marie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Marie »

meerkat wrote:
Marie wrote: She's never said things like 'i'm famous, i'm rich, i'm known and you're nothing, you jealous little creeps, haha!', and never accused people of 'being jealous' (my absolute favorite line) in the same vein others do. She's just honest and says what she really believes.
010.jpg
009.jpg
I've only read several posts of her only (compared to her blog posts, spawning over several years from what i've understood), and she never says things like that straight from the beginning. She always admits she is vain, rude and conceited. Her answers (on twitter as well as the quotes above those, that you posted) were probably ANSWERS to some comments aimed at her lifestyle, surgery choices, etc. It's not like she's been questioned on legitimate issues, like Kandee Johnson has been, and refused to answer, claiming people are 'jealous'. Perhaps the tone of those comments was highly caustic, she blogged about sleazy comments and dirty innuendos being left on her blog. She IS hated by some Singaporeans who actually might be ticked off that she took nothing (an ugly face, acne, fat body, etc.) and made tons of money out of it while changing her image and becoming a huge blogger, changing her looks, etc. Perhaps some people might be REALLY jealous in this sense, who knows? I personally don't care about her surgeries and i admire the fact that she strives for looking better than before.

Marie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Marie »

lemons wrote:Her blog is quite addictive, but to be honest, her personality is shit. People say she's "edgy" and "hilarious", yet all I see that is edgy about her is her bitching about things and cussing a lot. (Not that there's anything wrong with cussing, it's just that it doesn't automatically make you better than anyone else.)
She constantly bitches about Dawn Yang, even though the whole DY incident happened YEARS ago, yet she STILL complains about the whole thing, calling her "plasticzilla or whatever, even though she appears to have gotten just as many procedures. She seems to have this mindset that if somebody insults her, if they are not as good looking as her their opinion is not valid, and they must be a loser in real life.
[youtube][/youtube]
And THIS video. I don't think I have to say anything about this one to get my point across.

Her rape jokes make me especially mad. And that post about a girl sueing her rapist who happened to be in the millitary, saying that she was LUCKY TO BE RAPED by somebody attractive, and "she wouldnt care about getting raped if it was a hot guy". Something along those lines.

I like reading her blog, and she is a pretty girl (even though she has had plastic surgery), but honestly, I can't stand her as a person.
Just my 2 cents.
The cussing part, that's her own thing and i don't care about it, it's actually funny. I haven't yet encountered a rape joke in one of her posts, given that i just barely read 30 posts or so, but that's NOT cool. If she translated some 'joke' from her own language/culture, it might have come out the wrong way. You'd be surprised how many definite no-nos like these can happen when trying to explain something by adapting it in another language/different culture. However, if she REALLY said it in the vein of rape-rape, then that's disgusting and awful.

kawaiikitty
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by kawaiikitty »

Apparently dawn's hate sites, "the many lies of dawn" & etc. , were created by xiaxue.

http://clapbangkiss.xanga.com/767614512 ... ewcomments

What a hypocritical wank. I have posted the link numerous times for her to read comment on her blog *which have all been deleted*, so now believe the scandal to be true.

I also posted links to her instagram, facebook,and twitter *which she follows religiously* Everyone knows xiaxue would not pass on the chance to humiliate Dawn, and prove herself to be a badass lurker all in one go.

yujia59
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by yujia59 »

She is a bitch. I read her FAQ just now and saw the following words.
Why she likes using "FUCK YOU" so much? I did not know how many people she has used this word. This is not polite.

saksaneq
Lurker
Lurker

Post by saksaneq »

I don't think she goes on about Dawn because she's pissed about it still, I think she knows people reading like the drama, so maybe she wants to stretch it as far as she can? Reading her baby post made me so happy! This was the kind of post that got me hooked to her blog :)

furphy
Learner
Learner

Post by furphy »

She's three months pregnant!

youtube.com/questionablegurus

Shiro
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Shiro »

furphy wrote:She's three months pregnant!

awh, that's cute. I cant wait to see what she wears as a pregnant woman (once her belly gets bigger). I've always liked her sense of style.

-P-
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by -P- »

Lol, I love her captioned to that photo! What a cutie.

Return to “Xiaxue”