Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Tone It Up

Post by Angie V »

Hey guys,

So I'm sure you all (or most of you) know about the Toneitup girls on Youtube. I think Elle is even friends with Katrina. Would any of you ever consider using their nutrition plan? I've only started to watch a few videos of theirs (I've seen like two before), and the plan sounds interesting, especially because there is a vegan option which is rare to come by, it seems. You pay a one-time fee of $150 for the plan.

http://www.toneitupplan.com/

I was just looking at it and it got me thinking that even though I do know quite a bit about nutrition for myself, I might need some direction and structure.

What do you guys think? Do you like the Toneitup girls? Would you ever consider a plan like this?
imma ball til the day i fall

well wait idk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Tone It Up

Post by well wait idk »

$150 for a plan? no way! you can look all of that stuff up for free on the internet. i think itd be ridiculous to buy a food plan anyways, let alone a $150 one.

Decayedbeauty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Decayedbeauty »

meh its your money if you think you're going to get your money's worth go for it. The review I saw on youtube a chick said it wasn't for her or she didn't like or something. I'm not one to stick to meal plans because sometimes I just don't want to eat something, like if it says salad, if it's gross outside and cold I don't want a salad. ect...if you know a bit about nutrition it seems like a waste, you could probably do well on your own. As for the workouts I"m not sure what all they do and what you do now.

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by peachesnoranges »

I personally don't think $150 is worth for a plan. Like someone else said, you can easily make a meal yourself. Just do some research.

vegemite
Informer
Informer

Post by vegemite »

I bought the plan just because I like having structure and they contunally send updates to the plan depending on the season such as holiday and summertime. I wouldn't have bought it as other fitness sites post similar information for free but I had extra money from gifts so I decided to, plus I was able to share it with my sister.

Blogilates posts similar tips as well as Jamie eason as far as diet plans go. Sarahfit also

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

vegemite wrote:I bought the plan just because I like having structure and they contunally send updates to the plan depending on the season such as holiday and summertime. I wouldn't have bought it as other fitness sites post similar information for free but I had extra money from gifts so I decided to, plus I was able to share it with my sister.

Blogilates posts similar tips as well as Jamie eason as far as diet plans go. Sarahfit also
Do you like it / think it was worth the money?
imma ball til the day i fall

vegemite
Informer
Informer

Post by vegemite »

@angie v

Yes, I do like it. It's very comprehensive in terms of helping motivate you and stay on track. The meal plan breakdown is useful too and I like the recipes. I like having the info all in one bundle and I refer to it from time to time on my iPad. My sister has printed the entire thing out and refers to it more than I do because she has more difficulty with motivation and staying on track. The members only message board is helpful too. Is it worth $150? No, especially when you can find sample meal plans online (I mentioned Jamie Eason earlier; she has this plan on bodybuilding.com that has a similar plan. Blogilates posts a plan in which she also includes the TIU protein pancake). In fact, if I found blogilates first, I probably wouldn't have gotten the plan because their personalities and fitness styles are similar.

That said, I really do like the TIU gals, they're positive and seem like really fun and happy people. I also have their workout dvd

As I've said, I only bought it because I happened to have extra gift money that I surely would've just spent on makeup and clothes and would never have bought it otherwise. Also at that time, I wasn't working out. I really wanted to break out of my bad eating habits and start getting into shape. If I knew where to look online for fitness tips, I wouldn't have bought it because back then I had no idea that any of those fitness YT channels existed.

Eleabear57
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Eleabear57 »

Wow, surprised they don't have much of a thread. I used to follow their workouts like crazy...until this year. I followed them on snapchat and noticed that they partied quite a bit, which is fine, but now I know where all that money they make off that insanely expensive plan goes. Then after all that I noticed that their videos just kinda went downhill this year. I mean, it started out great with the total body tone up video, the ball video, band videos, etc. But then their videos got so much shorter and there seemed to be so much less effort put into them. I also noticed that they don't really follow their own workout programs. Does anyone else feel this way too? I switched to fitness blender and haven't gone back. Once every blue moon I'll use a toneitup video but mostly I stick with fitness blender. They're just average people with no real agenda other than to help others get in shape and they follow their own routines and advice. I just don't feel like I trust the TIU girls anymore...which makes me sad

ETA: also, Katrina looks really unhealthy to me now. Like, her body fat percentage seems way too low for a healthy female. Don't get me wrong, her tummy and legs are GORGEOUS but if you look at her chest/arms you can see how much her boobs shrunk and that she looks a little skeletal. I just worry that maybe she's losing too much body fat. I could be wrong though.

Post by Guest »

Eleabear57 wrote:Wow, surprised they don't have much of a thread. I used to follow their workouts like crazy...until this year. I followed them on snapchat and noticed that they partied quite a bit, which is fine, but now I know where all that money they make off that insanely expensive plan goes. Then after all that I noticed that their videos just kinda went downhill this year. I mean, it started out great with the total body tone up video, the ball video, band videos, etc. But then their videos got so much shorter and there seemed to be so much less effort put into them. I also noticed that they don't really follow their own workout programs. Does anyone else feel this way too? I switched to fitness blender and haven't gone back. Once every blue moon I'll use a toneitup video but mostly I stick with fitness blender. They're just average people with no real agenda other than to help others get in shape and they follow their own routines and advice. I just don't feel like I trust the TIU girls anymore...which makes me sad

ETA: also, Katrina looks really unhealthy to me now. Like, her body fat percentage seems way too low for a healthy female. Don't get me wrong, her tummy and legs are GORGEOUS but if you look at her chest/arms you can see how much her boobs shrunk and that she looks a little skeletal. I just worry that maybe she's losing too much body fat. I could be wrong though.
Yeah, their platform has changed a lot and they seem less genuine and more made up...I like that you mentioned FitnessBlender because they still maintain that clean-cut image and quality (though the calorie burns of their workouts seemed to have lowered a bit since a few years ago). Their plans are also very reasonably priced--$10-$15 a workout guide!

CaramelCat
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by CaramelCat »

Their channel hasn't grown much in a while and it's mosly just promotional videos... I feel like they are less interested in growing their "community" nowadays..

Return to “Diet”