imfakeim - clothesencounters / Jenn Im part 6

Thisisridic
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: imfakeim - clothesencounters / Jenn Im part 6

Post by Thisisridic »

Her wedding was very bland. No style, whatsoever. I mean it's great if they are happy and this is what they chose as a couple.. but snore snore yawn yawn. Nothing was super impressive which is weird given how hard Jenn's been hustling the past year and her yearning to be a special snowflake..you'd just assume there would have been a bigger wow-factor. Her bachelorette was basic and boring, but so was her wedding. Maybe her true personality is just...boring?

Or maybe as everyone mentioned, they did some courthouse thing for Ben long ago so maybe she wasn't as excited for this public ceremony/reveal. But really though, everything on TV looks more interesting than this...even if budgets are smaller..cough cough Bridezillas anyone?

babybunny99
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by babybunny99 »

Lol I’m super late to this and I see someone else has also been to this wedding venue. I was also at a wedding in that same Venue in Malibu. I agree with everyone that overall it was a pretty tasteful wedding, I didn’t love the dress or Ben’s suit but I’ve seen worse. The venue looks bigger in pictures, so she kept it small. I remember when my friends got married the invite list was exclusive to family and very close friends because the venue was on the small side. I saw an old acquaintance tagged in Jen’s IG stories, I know they aren’t close, more like ‘blogger’ acquaintances and Anna Lee that is really just her hairdresser was also there (but not Claire?) which leads me to question how many genuine friends she has. Not saying that to be petty just noticing that a large portion of her wedding guest seem to be Y.T/ business related.

emmagossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmagossiper »

Out of topic, can you guys link some videos with interesting weddings?

Snazzy3
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Snazzy3 »

Actually I sort of take back what I say. Reflecting on the post, yes the wedding was pretty standard, but weddings are supposed to celebrate the bride and groom... and there are all these expectations of wedding these days (photobooth, favors, dessert bar, tiered cake, etc). Based on photos/videos it looks like she did minimal and standard and I am surprised. I just planned a wedding in la myself and it sure is a lot of work. I wonder why she didn’t hire a wedding planner to do everything.
I’m also thinking about extra petites wedding and hers had so much thought and personality to it. Just overall surprised she didn’t add any extra touches

bookworm88
Talker
Talker

Post by bookworm88 »

ohnoshedidnt wrote:I thought her Korean blessing ceremony was lovely. It would be interesting if she put together a video about planning an intercultural wedding considering their union meant the merging of many intersecting identities.
Considering how out-of-touch she was with her Korean blessing, what could she have to offer up in a video? She even said in her vlog that she didn't know the customs and that she and Ben were just going to wing it. Excuse me? You couldn't be bothered to spend 30 minutes reading up on the wedding customs of your own heritage prior to the ceremony? Jenn only cares about her asianness when it's for her benefit (sponsorships, clothing line, gaining YT fans), which is why I'm not at all surprised she's changing her name despite building a brand around it. White husband, white name... must be her dream come true.

Maybe she'll retain use of Im only for social media/YT.

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

illuminate wrote:I supposed with taking his last name, her dream has come true -- she's finally the basic white girl she's always aspired to be.
This should be the new thread name lol

emmagossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmagossiper »

Personally, Jenn Im sounds quite neutral ? Im looks similar to I'm.
But I agree that she probably dreamed about white surname.

the_nomad
Informer
Informer

Post by the_nomad »

bookworm88 wrote:
ohnoshedidnt wrote:I thought her Korean blessing ceremony was lovely. It would be interesting if she put together a video about planning an intercultural wedding considering their union meant the merging of many intersecting identities.
Considering how out-of-touch she was with her Korean blessing, what could she have to offer up in a video? She even said in her vlog that she didn't know the customs and that she and Ben were just going to wing it. Excuse me? You couldn't be bothered to spend 30 minutes reading up on the wedding customs of your own heritage prior to the ceremony? Jenn only cares about her asianness when it's for her benefit (sponsorships, clothing line, gaining YT fans), which is why I'm not at all surprised she's changing her name despite building a brand around it. White husband, white name... must be her dream come true.

Maybe she'll retain use of Im only for social media/YT.
Yeah, apparently googling up Korean blessing customs or I dunno even asking her own parents was too much work for Jenn. The way she explained the Korean blessing ceremony to me it seemed like an afterthought for Jenn. She was grateful her parents hosted it for her but it wasn't her white wedding and therefore not as significant. I mean this is the same girl who said double cleansing is "basically washing your face twice". Her communications major requirements must have been incredibly lax because in this day and age, Jenn's research skills is sorely lacking. And this isn't the first time she's made a major oops with either pronunciation (artist names, brand names, or even numbers in French for her collab line) or when trying to relay info in her videos. And then there is her Korean (but also Japanese) clothing line which is made in China--it's truly the trifecta of East Asia she has going on.

the_nomad
Informer
Informer

Post by the_nomad »

vanillafilter wrote:
illuminate wrote:I supposed with taking his last name, her dream has come true -- she's finally the basic white girl she's always aspired to be.

I'm NOT Jenn Im: I'm a basic white girl now.

Her white dreams have come true indeed! The effort and time it takes to legally change your last name and she hopped on that train right away (yet couldn't do research for her Korean blessing ceremony). I always appreciate when a married woman goes against the Western traditional norms and retains her maiden name. Especially, if she has curated and built a successful brand or has a high-powered occupation. I just find any good reasons for taking on the husband's last name is so far and few in today's times. And it's not like men are pressured to take on their wife's last name instead. I'd understand if she had a terrible relationship with her dad but that's not the case either. Like I said changing your last name or not is a personal reason but just considering Jenn has her brand built around her name, it is disappointing she was so quick to give it up.

On a side note, usually most married couples (that I know) show off their marriage certificate or acknowledge having it made official through the court before the actual wedding ceremony takes place. Which I think also gives more weight to the fact Jenn did get married on paper awhile ago and this ceremony was a chance for their friends and family to celebrate their union.

freemyse0ul
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by freemyse0ul »

the_nomad wrote:
vanillafilter wrote:

I'm NOT Jenn Im: I'm a basic white girl now.

Her white dreams have come true indeed! The effort and time it takes to legally change your last name and she hopped on that train right away (yet couldn't do research for her Korean blessing ceremony). I always appreciate when a married woman goes against the Western traditional norms and retains her maiden name. Especially, if she has curated and built a successful brand or has a high-powered occupation. I just find any good reasons for taking on the husband's last name is so far and few in today's times. And it's not like men are pressured to take on their wife's last name instead. I'd understand if she had a terrible relationship with her dad but that's not the case either. Like I said changing your last name or not is a personal reason but just considering Jenn has her brand built around her name, it is disappointing she was so quick to give it up.

On a side note, usually most married couples (that I know) show off their marriage certificate or acknowledge having it made official through the court before the actual wedding ceremony takes place. Which I think also gives more weight to the fact Jenn did get married on paper awhile ago and this ceremony was a chance for their friends and family to celebrate their union.
Idk why but jennifer jolliffe sounds super dumb to me. It doesn’t fit at all?!

babybunny99
Talker
Talker

Post by babybunny99 »

:rofl: I vote for "I'm NOT Jenn Im: I'm a basic white girl now" for the new thread name!

nubilelokoian
Talker
Talker

Post by nubilelokoian »

Snazzy3 wrote:Actually I sort of take back what I say. Reflecting on the post, yes the wedding was pretty standard, but weddings are supposed to celebrate the bride and groom... and there are all these expectations of wedding these days (photobooth, favors, dessert bar, tiered cake, etc). Based on photos/videos it looks like she did minimal and standard and I am surprised. I just planned a wedding in la myself and it sure is a lot of work. I wonder why she didn’t hire a wedding planner to do everything.
I’m also thinking about extra petites wedding and hers had so much thought and personality to it. Just overall surprised she didn’t add any extra touches
i agree! i feel like her wedding was very simple and classic to the point of... boring and forgettable. i’m hoping they will have more photos of their personal touches once they get their obligatory sponsorship posts out of the way ;) the only customized personal touch i saw was ben’s childhood best friend ross (?) who put AC/DC patches on the inside of his blazer.
also, i think jenn did have a wedding planner (mentioned in earlier blogs). i think she was just focused on lining up the sponsors though.

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

so many ig posts about the wedding but it's all about what's sponsored (flowers, robe, cake lol) and none with her family or guests. how sad is her life.

sone0408
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sone0408 »

in sophia's vlog she shows that they had translation devices at the korean wedding, that's why people were wearing headphones

freemyse0ul
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by freemyse0ul »

cboost wrote:Thoughts on her current trip to Sonora in BC sponsored by La Mer? I wonder if she is doubling this as their honeymoon. :roll:

When i saw the ig posts i was like... fuck, even her honeymoon is sponsored??? So sad

bluebirdpie
Debater
Debater

Post by bluebirdpie »

Well, I think if you got the chance to travel as much as Jenn does, a honeymoon means nothing. All her sponsored trips with Ben are kinda honeymoons.

The weird part for me is that why she didn't take a break after her wedding but decided to go on a sponsored trip instead? Yeh it's paid for but it's still work at the end of the day, doesn't she want to just spend some time without her camera.

Saturnangela7878
Informer
Informer

Post by Saturnangela7878 »

she looks old and sounds stupid in her august video. i only noticed because she's shilling the la mer cream and of course she doesn't mention how much it costs. I thought it was a depressing, empty favorites video especially compared to her favorites videos from many years back. and someone please make a new thread... i vote for basic white girl.

My impression of her when i first watched her vid way back probably in 2012 was this girl is really white-washed (that's why i find her eggie crap so irritating) but she didn't seem like a basic white bitch but now she's basic too.

Isa93
Learner
Learner

Post by Isa93 »

There wasn't much to her favorites this time, when she mentioned a book I got more excited but it was an Audible ad and I already read (with my eyes) the book she mentioned.

bookworm88
Talker
Talker

Post by bookworm88 »

I wish she'd just stop with that eyeshadow, both in color and application.

Thisisridic
Debater
Debater

Post by Thisisridic »

I vote for ImJennJoliffe for a new thread name! :D The most "Asian" Jenn has been is when she started hanging out with other Asian YTers because the basic white girls don't accept her as one of their own. :rofl:

Return to “Jenn Im”