Dan & Phil part 60: danisnotrebranding & AmazingPhanservice

Triple_Axel
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil part 60: danisnotrebranding & AmazingPhanserv

Post by Triple_Axel »

cheeringphil wrote:damn, he deleted all of the truth and dare? i loved those series. i noticed he also deleted dan vs phil and amazing why. i wonder why hmmmmm. jk not really, maybe he wanted a little bit more separation from phil? or maybe gping down to the 2012 era?
I don't really think it's to distance him from Phil per se, I hope not anyway. He's just working on moving away from some of his old content which doesn't reflect his present self. It's a thing which we can all relate to, except he lives his life on social media and I'm certain the content will still be floating around on the internet in some form or other. It's just funny he wants people to take him more seriously, yet he pulls stunts like this and acts all condescending. This past year or so he has been all about psuedo intellectual ramblings. While there is nothing wrong with being curious about topics, I'm sure he'll also come back to these videos and feel embarrassed, if he doesn't already. I'm so tired of rolling my eyes at him. He really needs to get it together and stop being both insecure and full of himself.

Post by Guest »

Merpedy wrote:I asked this a while back but why do they barely upload? Especially Dan who sometimes uploads/uploaded (haven't checked recently) once a month? I can't imagine all their fans stalk them on Twitter/YouNow as much as they would on YouTube.

I think it's mostly because they can get away with it. Most fans will just rewatch older videos or fanvideos, they're maybe a bit annoyed by it but mostly don't have a problem with it.
They can get away with doing as little as possible and that's probably why they're not doing more. For the rest of the year the fans will probably excuse it with "they're busy with their tour" or something along the lines of that.

Cheeseandpickles
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheeseandpickles »

Maybe he finds 2011 videos tacky and cringy because then people will see how little he has actually changed.

What if they find out his inspired Merch is actually not rebranding but basically 2012 all over again.

chairman_meow
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chairman_meow »

Truth or Dare were my favourite back in the day. So he thinks he's basically too good now for his old videos that brought him that fame. Ok Dan. Sit nice and pretty with your "new" boring branding.

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

chairman_meow wrote:Truth or Dare were my favourite back in the day. So he thinks he's basically too good now for his old videos that brought him that fame. Ok Dan. Sit nice and pretty with your "new" boring branding.
It's like an 80s popstar refusing to play his hits. It's rude to the fans who love your stuff.

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (5) mit Tapatalk

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

In light of the younow revelations, how about

Danisabully & amazingpigeonfestfail

(Pigeonfest was Phil's idea & passion project according to Dan)

cloudcastles
Learner
Learner

Post by cloudcastles »

I'm so mad that he deleted some of my fave old vids AND THEN had the nerve to be condescending about it. Like I get where you're coming from but stop insulting people who like your stuff mayhaps??

I love dan but I feel like I've been making excuses for him for a loooong time and I'm beginning to get tired (although tbh I probably won't stop watching lol)

taco baco
Debater
Debater

Post by taco baco »

I genuinely don't understand people's obsessive love for him, especially now. The comments on his livestream supporting him are bewildering. He is the most condescending person I've ever fucking seen, even the bigger dangirls on Tumblr are getting annoyed with him. You want to delete your videos, great. No need to pretend like there was a Big Bully Fangirl who caused it to happen. Just own up to it. Say what you want about Phil, but he does not pull this kind of shit, I don't think he's deleted/unlisted half the number of videos Dan has. :roll:

taco baco
Debater
Debater

Post by taco baco »

Also gotta love how he finds his old branding cringy but is literally selling eclipse shirts in 2018. Guess he only likes his old branding when it gets him money :rofl:

oddoneout
Talker
Talker

Post by oddoneout »

taco baco wrote: Say what you want about Phil, but he does not pull this kind of shit, I don't think he's deleted/unlisted half the number of videos Dan has. :roll:
Oh, Phil has deleted A LOT of his very early videos, I'm sure the number would be way higher than Dan's. But the majority barely remembers those videos, as far as I know, they were way before his prime and I personally haven't seen them. I think he deleted/unlisted later videos too, the difference is that Phil does it silently and never has an entire event dedicated to it making up excuses, holding a press conference to announce that he's deleting vids etc.

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

Phil says in tabinof (yes, I got the book when I was 15 okay I'm ashamed alright) that he has over 100 deleted videos x

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

oddoneout wrote:
Oh, Phil has deleted A LOT of his very early videos, I'm sure the number would be way higher than Dan's. But the majority barely remembers those videos, as far as I know, they were way before his prime and I personally haven't seen them. I think he deleted/unlisted later videos too, the difference is that Phil does it silently and never has an entire event dedicated to it making up excuses, holding a press conference to announce that he's deleting vids etc.
Dan doesn't know when to let things go and seems rather dependent on external validation. He can't do things silently because he wants to be told he's doing the right thing, so he goes to some length to justify his choices. Instead of just getting on with it.

cheeringphil
Informer
Informer

Post by cheeringphil »

but the thing with phil, he doesnt make a fuss about it. dan gotta learn
su'udzon at its finest

taco baco
Debater
Debater

Post by taco baco »

oddoneout wrote:
taco baco wrote: Say what you want about Phil, but he does not pull this kind of shit, I don't think he's deleted/unlisted half the number of videos Dan has. :roll:
Point taken. The fact that I didn't even know he had so many deleted shows how much he doesn't talk about it, I think, because Dan has to make an event out of telling people. My bad. :?

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

That email was most definitely fake, absolutely nobody speaks like that in 2018. Dan clearly wrote it himself so he could have an excuse to shame all his young fans that like all his cringey shit. What is the problem with new fans liking your old stuff anyway? I don't get why he is so fucking personally offended by it. Does he honestly think that highly of his current persona that anybody who enjoys a different version of him is dismissed and not worthy of being a fan? Just be thankful you have fans in the first place, jesus. I have never seen a Youtuber be this obsessed with "branding" and what persona they present. This is why I've never liked him, nothing is genuine he has to overthink every tiny little thing about himself and is so concerned with people's perception of him.
Last edited by Lily Laurette on Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Triple_Axel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Triple_Axel »

taco baco wrote:
oddoneout wrote:
Point taken. The fact that I didn't even know he had so many deleted shows how much he doesn't talk about it, I think, because Dan has to make an event out of telling people. My bad. :?
I've been watching Phil for almost a decade now and he definitely deleted some videos. He used to film a lot of random videos just on the floor in his bedroom chatting or kind of acting strange or vloggy type of things with family and friends. You can still find quite a few re-uploaded on YouTube. The difference is that I don't believe those are videos which were people's favourites (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) and he never makes a big deal about being ashamed and needing to move on from them. He doesn't strike me as the type who would make a group of his own fans feel bad just for enjoying old content he himself put out.

Cheeseandpickles
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheeseandpickles »

Phil had a lot more early videos from the dawn of YouTube than Dan did. Like others have said he also doesn't announce he's doing it and when it comes up he's like oh well that video from 2007 I was in my pants which is weird and then moves on. Which makes sense because when he made the in his pants video how many views was he expecting?

This is kind of like sexuality - Phil doesn't talk about it hardly ever because he doesn't want to talk about it while Dan vaguebooks in video form and then complains when everyone is trying to figure out what he's talking about. :P

Post by Guest »

For a thread title, how about:

Danneedsreassurance & AmazingPigeonfest

stlkr
Learner
Learner

Post by stlkr »

It doesn't matter if Dan made that e-mail up because he still thought that making fun of an 11 year old girl for being a child is acceptable. And I'm pretty sure there actually are kids like that amongst his viewers, and they were really hurt by his words. That was such a low blow, like... You shouldn't blame children for your insecurity and inability to address issues when called out. He could've just said "I deleted some old videos because there was some shitty offensive stuff that I'm sorry for and also I'm embarrassed of my cringey phase, like most people, so there's that" without making up some easy target of a villain.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

The Internet knows all your secrets

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”