tips for fine hair?

_cherrytop
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

tips for fine hair?

Post by _cherrytop »

My hair is so thin that sometimes it can look gross. I try hard to keep my hair healthy. I'm also a bit of a big girl so thin doesn't flatter me well. Recently, I've had so much hair fall out as well. It scares me since I already have little hair as it is. I feel really ugly with my hair, and now I'm having all these problems with my hair. So any help will be so apperciated!

Note, my hair was thin was I born, but was randomly thick around 8 years old. Then it just became thin all over again. I'm not sure if it's because of genetic, or not.

schadenfreude
Informer
Informer

Re: tips for fine hair?

Post by schadenfreude »

Go to a doctor, first and foremost. Hair loss can be a sign of thyroid issues, among other things. You want to rule out anything serious.

Go to a hairdresser and talk to them. They can advise you on how it can be cut to make it look thicker and fuller.

OutOfStep
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by OutOfStep »

don't feel ugly, bbygirl, you are not your hair !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we don't need perfect parts of our bodies in order to feel beautiful and to be someone memorable and radiant in the lives of the people we encounter !! *hug*

i have fine hair too and also have experienced some hair loss. at first I didn't know what it was but then i realized that most of it was from the fact that i was always wearing it in ponytail. during the day, a high tight ponytail and at night a ponytail as well. i've changed the kinds of hair elastics i use to be no-tug ones, i go for low loose ponytails now and at night i wrap my hair in a silky headscarf (helps that i'm single, no one to impress ) and sleep like that so that it's out of my face but nothing is pulling on it (the silkiness helps it slide around if i change position).

i guess those are tips for any kind of hair but especially for us with fine hair where it can become really obvious if we do things that pull it out

for products i can recommend ones that give it structure, like salt water sprays or the bumble and bumble thickening hairspray. they do give texture but they also make it feel coarse so although it works to add pouf, i just go without because i don't like the feel when i touch my hair. but they do work

for hairstyle i think the only thing is talk to a hairdresser because it depends on your face shape, body shape, etc :)

i hope that helped a bit !!!! and whatever happens, big hugs ! don't fret over it !!

Kristy M
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Kristy M »

Don't worry about fine hair, there are lots of people with fine hair. First you need to do is stop hair fall and then choose some nice hair cut and style for fine hair.
Here are some tips you can use to stop hair fall, grow hair and make your hair thicker, stronger and beautiful.
Try massaging your scalp with Indian gooseberry oil mixed with a portion of coconut oil. This isn’t complicated at all. All you need to do is boil the Indian gooseberry to extract the oil. Mix this extract with coconut oil.
•Consuming lettuce and spinach juice will increase your hair growth. Following a healthy diet is the best way to enhance your hair growth. When you eat right, your body absorbs all the essential nutrients and hair growth automatically happens.
•Grind some lime seeds and pepper in equal proportions and apply the resulting paste to your hair. Apply the paste as a thin layer on your scalp on a daily basis. Rinse your hair after ten to fifteen minutes.
•Grind fenugreek seeds with water and prepare a smooth paste. Apply it on your scalp and leave it on for a few minutes. Wash your hair thoroughly to remove the paste.
•Avoid washing your hair with hot water as it may spoil the hair strands and may cause them to break.
•Trimming your hair every eight to ten months helps in enhancing hair growth as the spilt ends and dead ends of your hair are removed.
•Drink plenty of water as it helps in hair growth.
•Include fresh vegetables and fruits in your daily diet as this will promote good hair growth.
•Avoid using chemical based shampoo and other hair products as they tend to take away the health of your hair.
•Maintaining good hygiene is a must. Set a cleaning routine for your hair to promote hair growth.
•Applying egg yolk on your scalp is a good way to treat dry hair as dry hair breaks easily and hair growth may stop.
In addition to trying these home remedies for hair growth, you may also consult a good hair expert for more information and tips on how to maintain your hair so that it grows quickly
Hope it helps.
Last edited by tar on Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed clickable link in post

schadenfreude
Informer
Informer

Post by schadenfreude »

A lot of that is nonsense, you won't stop hairloss without treating the cause, and without seeing a professional you do not know the cause.

makeupbeauty1
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by makeupbeauty1 »

I use its a 10 on my thin hair and it actually got thicker, but I also have ditched harsh hair protects and I dont wash it as much nor apply much heat to it.

nene karkada
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by nene karkada »

do you use heat often?

realtalklady
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by realtalklady »

schadenfreude wrote:Go to a doctor, first and foremost. Hair loss can be a sign of thyroid issues, among other things. You want to rule out anything serious.

Go to a hairdresser and talk to them. They can advise you on how it can be cut to make it look thicker and fuller.
Oh no, my hair has been falling out for a few months now. What are other signs of thyroid issues?

sacklok
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by sacklok »

I don't know anything about the hair fallout, but I hope it's nothing bad.
A quick tip I use is dry shampoo, too fluff up my fine hair to give it a bit of volume :)

laoise96
Learner
Learner

Post by laoise96 »

Hair mousse on the roots in wet hair, and then i blow dry it upside down. Always give me good volume

Babyjo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Babyjo »

I've been taking 3 biotin tablets a day (300pg) and I've definetly notcied a difference in my hair length and thickness. My nails have also grew so much faster than normal. I'd also recommend Lee stafford hair growth range, I can cut my hair and weeks later I notice a difference in length. It also feels fuller and thicker than usual!

KarlieS777
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by KarlieS777 »

yes hypothyroidism can cause hair loss among other things. Here are other symptoms:

People may experience:
Developmental: delayed puberty or slow growth
Whole body: lethargy or feeling cold
Hair: hair loss or dryness
Also common: brittle nails, constipation, dry skin, enlarged thyroid, high cholesterol, irritability, sensitivity to cold, sexual dysfunction, slow heart rate, sluggishness, weight gain, or irregular uterine bleeding
Consult a doctor for medical advice

Hopefully it's not due to thyroid but see a dr just in case! Take care!

KarlieS777
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by KarlieS777 »

P.S. I have fine hair also and I look at Pinterest boards by searching "hair styles for thin hair". I always find great ideas!

Samosachaat
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Samosachaat »

Do biotin vitamins help?

ghoulish_babe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ghoulish_babe »

I bet it's not as bad as you describe it, but definitely start with seeing a doctor and start from there. Once you rule out health, there's a lot of tips and tricks online.

bbluesh
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by bbluesh »

I went to the doctor recently and found out that I'm anemic with a vitamin d deficiency. She also wants to keep an eye on my thyroid. Please go see a doctor if you can and ask for specific blood work to check for iron levels, thyroid, and any vitamin deficiencies.

Libby_UK
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Libby_UK »

It could be a iron deficiency and it affects so many women who are unaware of it. You can get iron tablets over the counter now, but do get blood tests done.

You can get hair vitamins, taking magnesium and zinc helps.

For your hair castor oil is good for encouraging hair growth. Gently massage it on your scalp and leave it on for a few hours before shampooing. In the meantime try blow drying with a thickening product, keratase is good. Make sure it's medium heat and not too close to your scalp and hair. Also what brush are you using? Try a gentle brush like a Tangle teezer that won't tug on your hair.

You can get thickening shampoos that will make your hair appear thicker. Also if it's really visible try using root powder touch up on your hair line to fill in gaps.

Return to “Hair Care”