kayscupcake4513
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How to progress a relationship?

Post by kayscupcake4513 »

Hi!
I posted a topic about a month ago about a bit of a 'problem' I had with a boy, but it all worked out. Him and I met this summer. He's three years older than me, so he's had multiple relationships, and even though I am a college freshman, aside from casual dating and heartbreak, I've had none, which he knows about.
We worked out our little 'issue' for lack of a better word, and I'm starting to become comfortable with him. We went out last weekend when I went home and had a lot of fun, and he was actually my first kiss, so that was a plus. During our date, he kept detailing all the things he wanted to do with me in the future, (like go skiing, and watch certain movies.) All of which made me think we hit it off pretty well. Although we may not talk every day and live in separate towns for the time being that kind of works for my advantage because I wouldn't want to me smothered in my first relationship if it indeed goes that route. The distance makes it work. The only problem is, being almost nineteen with no experience with guys whatsoever makes me feel a bit juvenile. I don't have any failed relationships to fall back on, and I just do what feels right for me, like holding his hand or hugging him or whatever. But, in a sense I don't want to scare him away by asking too many questions or putting a label on 'what' we are, even though before our disagreement we agreed on not seeing other people, I don't know if that's still standing. I also I don't know how to draw a line between being too much or not enough. I'm really shy, so as of now, I'd never initiate anything first, and I don't want him to think I am uninterested because of that. But on the same token, I get really excited about little things that happen in life or remind me of him and kinda spam his phone unintentionally and then feel bad because it may be considered 'annoying', especially if he is busy and can't reply. He may come over for the weekend to visit me at my dorm, and I am completely comfortable with this idea, and I like having him around, but I feel awful because I'm at the age where everyone around me has dated, and has had experience and I haven't and I don't want it to effect our relationship and how it progresses, and honestly I don't know how to progress anything at all.
Any tips? :love2:

Dazeddamsel
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: How to progress a relationship?

Post by Dazeddamsel »

Ask him!!

Return to “Relationships”