Morphe brushes are the same as Crown brushes??

lyniroquai75
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Morphe brushes are the same as Crown brushes??

Post by lyniroquai75 »

I was just wondering if anyone knows if Morphe brushes are the same as Crown brushes? I've been thinking of buying Morphe but I may aswell buy Crown instead?

AnonGirl
Talker
Talker

Re: Morphe brushes are the same as Crown brushes??

Post by AnonGirl »

Yes and no.

They use the same manufacturers and the owners are family members. They had a falling out (no idea over what) so the family member of the Crown owner went and made Morphe.

lyniroquai75
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lyniroquai75 »

Thanks for the info :D
AnonGirl wrote:Yes and no.

They use the same manufacturers and the owners are family members. They had a falling out (no idea over what) so the family member of the Crown owner went and made Morphe.

LurkLurkLurk43
Learner
Learner

Post by LurkLurkLurk43 »

Is there any meaningful difference between the two?

lowkeyshittalker
Informer
Informer

Post by lowkeyshittalker »

LurkLurkLurk43 wrote:Is there any meaningful difference between the two?
to be honest I've received crown brushes through like subscription boxes and i ordered from them once, and I've been to morphes burbank store.
The crown brushes i had tended to shed a ton, but i never really had problems with morphe shedding at all! But when i did get the crown brush it came and the brush head had like broken off of the brush, i contacted customer service and they were literally so rude, they refused to do anything (mind you i had just opened the package and it was broken). so basically thats why i will always choose morphe over crown haha. And from what I've seen morphe is cheaper and have more custom pallets where as crown is kind of generic (kind of like bh cosmetics and those brands) anyway hope this helped!

If stress burned calories, I'd be a supermodel

wklendty9
Lurker
Lurker

Post by wklendty9 »

They're the same. Morphe doesn't own their own manufacturer or factory so they have to private label their items (which means they pay another company to use their products and relabel them to say Morphe). It isn't illegal and I'm sure they have some kind of contract with Crown Brushes. But they're 100% the same. Both are cheap and you will experience fallout with both brands. If you pull up both websites side-by-side you'll be able to find each dupe just with different labels

Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mayhemisphere »

wklendty9 wrote:They're the same. Morphe doesn't own their own manufacturer or factory so they have to private label their items (which means they pay another company to use their products and relabel them to say Morphe). It isn't illegal and I'm sure they have some kind of contract with Crown Brushes. But they're 100% the same. Both are cheap and you will experience fallout with both brands. If you pull up both websites side-by-side you'll be able to find each dupe just with different labels
Exactly. Crown are actually the private labeling company who have been around for about 30 years; Morphe - along with a few other generic palette merchants - do little more than pay for their own logo on the same products.

Stephanie Nicole's video on Morphe as a brand is enlightening to the uninitiated. 8-)

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

I was discussing this on another site that I frequent called Chick Advisor (it has product reviews and forums). Some new poster on the block claimed to be an "up and coming MUA" and posted her top 5 affordable makeup brands, which included both BH and Morphe. I very kindly suggested that these two brands -- along with Coastal Scents, et al -- were private labelled under the same manufacturer. Damn, she got mean fast! Apparently she is more "experienced and knowledgable" about the subject than I am, as she's in training as an MUA and I'm not, as she quickly pointed out how wrong I was.

All I can say is, I have both a Coastal Scents 88 palette and a Morphe 88 palette. They're both crap. Ingredients are the exact same, in the exact order. Packaging is the exact same cheap, black plastic with a silk-screen. If they're not the exact same palette, I'll eat my effing hat.
Blending is my cardio.

Return to “Morphe”