Our family nest

taytay
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Our family nest

Post by taytay »

Didn't see a thread on this family. While I like them over all I am suprised to see that there isn't a thread already bc the kids are kind of bratty (Karli in particular). I think she's letting the popularity of their YouTube channel get to her. Jw what do you guys think?

getaclue
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Re: Our family nest

Post by getaclue »

I watch them occasionally but it's so obvious that none of the kids actually like to be filmed besides maybe the oldest one, the younger 2 just put up with it, and the son in highschool clearly hates it lol, so I just find their videos super awkward to watch. Does anyone know if they have an income outside of youtube? I know youtubers make a lot but they seem to be spending outside of their youtube means

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

I just started watching them too and although I've only watched one video so far, it's weird to me that the kids are okay with being filmed at such old ages. The oldest son is 20, and although he also has his own channel (showing he is interested in YouTube), it just seems weird. At what age do the kids stop being in the vlogs. 20 is already pretty old, but I guess if they don't truly mind then there's no need to stop anytime soon.

taytay
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by taytay »

I don't think it's weird because for one Karli has her own channel. I will give them credit to the fact that I'm pretty sure Karli earns her own money from that channel to get things that she wants. Also it's a family vlog so they would include the whole family. The kids have just gotten more used to the idea of being filmed... Except Blake the second oldest son. You rarely see him in the vlogs.

ihatetheinternet
Learner
Learner

Post by ihatetheinternet »

the mom annoys me so much. i cant believe she started talking about her sons gf and then like four vlogs later theyre broken up and shes like ITS MY FAULT i just dont understand people who vlog their children

Gracielitner654
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Gracielitner654 »

The mom exploits them for views. She is always using click bait titles. Specifically when chase got a girlfriend and when they broke up. The mom made that the title of the videos. Also she always shows chase without a shirt probably to get views.

taytay
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by taytay »

i don't think she shows chase shirtless for views... a lot of boys his age go shirtless around the house. but yeah she got a lot of negativity for making it a big deal about chase and his gf breaking up. they weren't even dating for a week so i didn't understand the big deal.

soccer10
Informer
Informer

Post by soccer10 »

ihatetheinternet wrote:the mom annoys me so much. i cant believe she started talking about her sons gf and then like four vlogs later theyre broken up and shes like ITS MY FAULT i just dont understand people who vlog their children
There's a recent vlog called "new girlfriend". She asks Chase if he wants her to talk about the new girlfriend, if they'll do the bf/gf tag, etc. He keeps saying no and hides under the covers. Then his mom says for the girl to message her on Instagram if she wants to be included in the vlogs.

A few days ago she was saying it was her fault that Chase and his previous gf broke up and how she needed to step back. I don't mind the husband or the boys but the mom and daughter want to be youtube famous. I think the daughter already has the "YT fame/easy money" look in her eyes.

I just stumbled upon their channel today. They seem to have a fairly large disposable income, what are the parents jobs' outside of Youtube?

soccer10
Informer
Informer

Post by soccer10 »

soccer10 wrote:
ihatetheinternet wrote:the mom annoys me so much. i cant believe she started talking about her sons gf and then like four vlogs later theyre broken up and shes like ITS MY FAULT i just dont understand people who vlog their children
There's a recent vlog called "new girlfriend". She asks Chase if he wants her to talk about the new girlfriend, if they'll do the bf/gf tag, etc. He keeps saying no and hides under the covers. Then his mom says for the girl to message her on Instagram if she wants to be included in the vlogs.

A few days ago she was saying it was her fault that Chase and his previous gf broke up and how she needed to step back. I don't mind the husband or the boys but the mom and daughter want to be youtube famous. I think the daughter already has the "YT fame/easy money" look in her eyes.

I just stumbled upon their channel today. They seem to have a fairly large disposable income, what are the parents jobs' outside of Youtube?
Nevermind I got the video order wrong in regards to the gf situation.

Jenin
Informer
Informer

Post by Jenin »

soccer10 wrote:

The dad does physician recruitment, not sure what that is exactly, but he works from home. The mom did that as well, but then stopped to do youtube full time.
I do think Karli is a bit over the top, but thinking back to how I was at that age, if I was in that position and wasn't so shy, I probably would've acted quite similar. So I do cut her a little slack just because of Her age.

taytay
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by taytay »

she's young so i don't find her too annoying when she lets youtube get to her head either but sometimes the way she talks to her mom and friends bothers me. she seems to get annoyed at them. in one of the vlogs Candi asked her if she hated that it was dark in the mornings now she was like "no" in a sort of rude tone then ignored her as she continued to talk.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

A few questions I have:

1) Why are the children so spoiled?
2) Going off of that, why do their parents never say no when the children ask for things? They always say yes to buying them whatever they want.
3) Why do the children rarely wear seatbelts when in the car (when it is moving)?

taytay
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by taytay »

^^ just to answer your questions

1. Candi addressed this in a video not too long ago. she said she does Youtube so she is able to buy her kids what they want and be able to get them extra things. she said she enjoys being able to do that.
2. She also said she feels that Karli films a lot and films for her channel which is a job (according to candi) so she feels Karli deserves to be able to go to the store and pick out what she wants and that stuff. That doesnt really justify anything for the others but the boys do chores and stuff so i guess maybe thats how they "earn" nice things.
3. tbh i think they pull the seatbelt behind them which is very unsafe but i used to do it as a kid too so i get it.

that being said i think karli is a little spoiled. she only ever wants name brand things nike, addidas, VS, justice, etc. Like she went to target with her mom recently and "didn't like" any of the clothes. :? insure she didn't like them bc they didn't have a nike logo or a little vs doggy on them.

foxyloxy
Talker
Talker

Post by foxyloxy »

The moms voice is not good for vlogging tbh

123789s
Informer
Informer

Post by 123789s »

They eat soooooooooo bad

elah_w

Post by elah_w »

This is the one family vlog channel that I can watch everyday. I don't know why they interest me but they do. They seem pretty normal to me. I like that they aren't always travelling to LA and trying to collab and ride the coat tails of other youtubers. I guess they might not have the amount of subscribers to really try that yet but I don't see them every being like that. I think they're at 800,00+ subscribers right now, which is quite a lot, and they aren't doing meet-ups, vid-con, playlist, etc. and they just seem more normal and honest than most vlogging families with that amount of subs.

I don't necessarily agree with how they buy the kids seemingly everything they want though. I guess it's their money and they're free to spend it how they like, but I feel like it could lead to problems when the kids are older. They must be doing pretty well with youtube and Ken's business for them to spend like they do. They have this giant new house they're building, expensive outdoor toys, newer cars, eating out all the time, taking trips, always shopping for clothes and house stuff, all the kids do sports, etc. The cost of living where they live is a lot lower than many places but they must spend a ton of money every month. I just always wonder if these families save up a lot because the youtube money can't last forever. And what if they get used to that lifestyle and then have to downsize? I guess I just can't wrap my head around it. Do vloggers think they'll be doing this forever?

elah_w

Post by elah_w »

123789s wrote:They eat soooooooooo bad
Yeah they really do. The parents seem to try eating healthy every few months but they always go back to eating fast food and junk all the time. The kids would probably all be overweight if they weren't active in their sports.

123789s
Informer
Informer

Post by 123789s »

Their house is really, really nice.

Saibya_256
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Saibya_256 »

The mother just rubs me in the wrong way

Saibya_256
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Saibya_256 »

And karli needs to learn to calm down and have some respect for her family and friends

Return to “Our Family Nest”