Praise for Shane

zalfiephan9

Praise for Shane

Post by zalfiephan9 »

If you have only praise for him do it here. That way his main board doesn't get flooded or start arguments.

steph_liddicoat
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Praise for Shane

Post by steph_liddicoat »

I love Shane the fact that he knows how to take a joke is great and yea he has a fucked up sense of humour but that's what makes him funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Piska
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Piska »

He's funny. Some of the humor I don't care for.

glamourblunts
Lurker
Lurker

Post by glamourblunts »

I love shane! :tu:
Don’t ask anyone but me about me.

charlottehg
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by charlottehg »

<3

knockoffadidas
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by knockoffadidas »

More than anything, I feel bad for Shane.

TerribleLiam
Lurker
Lurker

Post by TerribleLiam »

I used to love him years ago, then he started going through some shit I guess or something. He was acting all bitter, and being full of himself. I lost interest, started disliking him but now he's won me over again. IDK what the hell happened during that year or so, but it was such a turn of as an OG fan. I mostly hated how he would bash other youtubers comedy (very noticeable in the youtubers react videos) when he himself started with crappy childish comedy videos :roll: .

niki900
Informer
Informer

Post by niki900 »

Despite hating on him quite often, I still like him. I take everything he says with a fistful of salt and ignore his annoying antics for the most part, but he still makes for some light entertainment when I'm bored.

What no one can deny is that he is smart with his business. Business being YouTube. There's not many old school YouTubers who are still relevant. While many people dismiss Shane as being irrelevant... he isn't. He isn't as exciting as a lot of YouTubers, but he is still relevant in the realm of YouTube. The vast, vast majority of his daily (!) videos get 1 million + views, 5 days a week. Not even Joey Graceffa gets views like that and he is supposedly the more popular one nowadays.

Yes his content went to shit. Yes he is lazy and all about views now. But point out to me a YouTuber who was relevant in 2008-2011, making high quality content, and still does that nowadays for a considerably big audience. It's a choice between money and popularity or artistic integrity and... not starving, but considerably less money.

Charlieissocoollike, without a question THE ORIGINAL big British YouTube king, has fallen from grace, hard. He stuck to creating higher quality content and... well, he gets barely any views nowadays (in contrast to other big YouTubers) and he's branching out to everything he humanly can to become relevant again whilst staying true to his original persona. And he's failing.
Shane chose the path of fame and fortune and I can't fault him for that.

Return to “Shane Dawson”