Is it going to work out?

ciadrianna
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Is it going to work out?

Post by ciadrianna »

This is going to be long so I'm sorry in advanced haha but I really could use some advice from someone other than my best friend who has never been in a relationship.

So I started off at a new school away from home this past fall semester (2015) and over the semester I realized I hated the school and only really had the friends I knew from home. Mid-semester I applied to a school closer to home for the spring (this semester). I got in and accepted the offer. During this time, this guy who I had a class with and I started to hang out outside of class. At first I was like "oh cool, at least I'll have someone to hang out with for the rest of the semester" until we started to have feelings for each other. It got to the point where we hung out all the time and I spent more time at his place than my own. I didn't think it was that big of a deal at first that we were seeing each other because I didn't realize how much I liked him. Even through our last week together we didn't really talk about what was going to happen when the next semester started and we'd be apart.

Over the winter break, he came down to visit and met my family. We've text and talk everyday, and I even made plans to come up to school and see him in a few weeks. I feel like I could do the long distance thing (he's graduating after this semester) if there was something in the future for us. I just want to know if I am being totally crazy. We aren't even 'officially' anything, is it worth asking? I just can honestly see a future here and I don't want to give up on this when my heart is so into this. I know if I were to read this I'd be like "you need to move on it's not worth it" but I so badly want this to work.

Any advice?

klphie
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Is it going to work out?

Post by klphie »

It can totally work out, me and my hubby were in a long-distance relationship for a while and we couldn't meet for a year. I know it sounds crazy, but he is my hubby and we are happy :) later I met with people with similar experiences, and yeah, it can totally work out.

But you have to make things clear, if you don't that is going to be a huge problem. You should talk about it, if you are a couple or just friends...I would advise the same, if there would be no distance between you. So just go ahead and find it out!
"You would rather have a Lexus, some justice, a dream or some substance?
A Beamer, a necklace or freedom?"

easy2luv
Learner
Learner

Post by easy2luv »

I think it can work!! You both seem really into each other. And long distance relationships can work, as long as you're honest with each other and are both on the same page. A few of my friends were in LDRs before they moved intogether, and they've been together for year so yeah, its more of a normal doable thing than you might think!!

cherrysunset
Debater
Debater

Post by cherrysunset »

You two seem to really care about each other! Yes, it can work. Go for it!
Last edited by cherrysunset on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strive for progress, not perfection.
I apologize for any spelling mistakes. English isn't my native language.

cherrysunset
Debater
Debater

Post by cherrysunset »

You two seem to really care about each other! Yes, it can work. Go for it!
Strive for progress, not perfection.
I apologize for any spelling mistakes. English isn't my native language.

Return to “Long Distance Relationship”