How did you meet your current partner?

mommyoftwogirlsca
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: How did you meet your current partner?

Post by mommyoftwogirlsca »

Love all these stories,

I met my hubby online in 2000 when yahoo chat was around. He is from California and I'm from Canada. We spent years just emailing each other. Then in 2004 I was in between relationships, and we started sending real letters then it turned into texting then talking on the phone . In dec 2004 he came to visit me in Canada I had a bf so nothing happened. We continued just talking on the phone. In august 2005 I went to go visit him in California we kissed and held hands the first night I was there. We went to Disneyland on Tuesday he confessed his love for me I did the same he proposed and I said yes we got married that week. I went back to Canada for two weeks and then moved to the states. We have been married nine years and have to girls with one on the way :)

lrnzzz
Talker
Talker

Post by lrnzzz »

I met my boyfriend at work. I was working at a grocery store as a cashier supervisor and he worked in the produce department. Sometimes customers come in and ask for large boxes if they're moving and we generally get them the banana boxes from produce because they are the largest ones we have. When a couple asked me for boxes, I called produce and he answered. I asked if he had any boxes in the back and he said yes. I then asked what size they were and he responded with "box-sized". Needless to say, I fell in love with him and his smart ass comments and we have been dating for two years now. :love2:

OrphanBlack
Learner
Learner

Post by OrphanBlack »

mommyoftwogirlsca wrote:Love all these stories,

I met my hubby online in 2000 when yahoo chat was around. He is from California and I'm from Canada. We spent years just emailing each other. Then in 2004 I was in between relationships, and we started sending real letters then it turned into texting then talking on the phone . In dec 2004 he came to visit me in Canada I had a bf so nothing happened. We continued just talking on the phone. In august 2005 I went to go visit him in California we kissed and held hands the first night I was there. We went to Disneyland on Tuesday he confessed his love for me I did the same he proposed and I said yes we got married that week. I went back to Canada for two weeks and then moved to the states. We have been married nine years and have to girls with one on the way :)
aw that's such a nice love story <3

ItsRawrzz
Informer
Informer

Post by ItsRawrzz »

He was the security officer at my student accommodation, which sounds kinda weird for most people who hear about it... not to mention the age difference (which isn't that big I think...). My first relationshp ended pretty much when I started uni (though we'd been pretty un-coupley for a good two years before then. Uni just seemed to be the "breaking point" for us).

Anyway, I used to go to the library every evening, met someone there who was a bit of a rebound I guess? We hooked up, and I would sign him in as a guest at my Halls. The security guard (we shall call him R) was always on duty, and signed my library "friend" in almost reluctantly at times, often jokingly refusing and sort of flirting with me. However, I never really believed someone like him could ever be interested in me. I thought I'd be batting a bit above my average with him XD

Well, this rebound thing lasted a couple of weeks until the chap went home for a month. During that time, I still went to the library as I always did anyways, and came back around 3-4am where R was often alone, so I'd say "hi", "how are you?" etc, and eventually the small talk became a bit more than small talk...more playful. Still, I thought he was just being friendly. I'd seen him act similarly with the other students - joking and laughing with them a lot more than me (I was quite shy).

One night, my flat had lost heating, hot water and everything, and I was "nominated" to go and file the complaint to get it sorted. And that's when it started. I went down at 10:50pm, went to file the complaint and we ended up talking about a lot of really deep, intense things. He told me all about his family, religious background and how it affected his viewpoints on various things, and we discussed our opinions on certain matters. I went to bed that night at 5am.

From that night, I would go down in the late evening (I could see the main gate office from my room, so sometimes I could see if there were people in there or not - I didn't want to go down if it was busy). Well, after a few days of that, he gave me his number so we could contact each other when he was free so I could see him. My bedtime would usually be arounf 5-7am every night when he was on duty xD

We mostly just talked, and then things got a bit more physical in the sense that we'd taunt each other to the point that he'd threaten (jokingly) to kick me out, to which I said "go on then" and we'd be fighting/wrestling almost in the reception area, and that's when he first kissed me. The next evening, he went into the kitchenette area, told me to follow him in there when I was down to see him next and he just hugged me. Nothing more. He just held me and hugged me for so long. It really was one of the nicest experiences.

On Feb 7th, my birthday, he had invited me round to his house just for the evening and we had dinner at his, hung out, mucked around but there was nothing sexual at all. It was just a lot of fun, kissing, hugs, cuddlin' xD and a generally great time. That was the day that we officially were "together" apparently, as he never directly asked me to be his, nor did I ask him to be mine. We just sort of were exclusive from the get-go and that's pretty much all I have to say about that xD

Now I live in student housing with a few other housemates, and my boyfriend has moved jobs to London so we now see each other one or two separate days a month because he's pretty busy and my uni work is time consuming, as well as the four jobs I'm juggling haha. We will have been together for a year in February, and that's pretty much it. He's having to apply for a business VISA at the moment though which is now going through the appeal stage as it was refused first. I'm obviously hoping that it gets accepted this time, as he's working so hard towards this business he wants to set up (he has all that he needs, but the VISA was denied on some ridiculous grounds).

But yeah, fingers crossed.

TL;DR - he was a security officer at uni.

no its becky
Debater
Debater

Post by no its becky »

I picked him from a list of highest % matches on OkCupid a year ago and now we're in the process of obtaining me a fiancee visa so I can move halfway across the world and marry him.

98% by the way. And the first thing I told him was that I dig his beard lol

robin_theboyblunder
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by robin_theboyblunder »

In 2010, we were both getting out of the exam room at the college we were applying at (Illustration program). I dropped the belt on my trench coat by accident, he picked it up and introduced himself. I was in a relationship at the time but I thought he was super interesting and funny and that he would be a cool friend.(and completely not my type hahaha, he was uber geeky and a huge car fanatic ...the more you know.)

We kept in touch to see if either of us got in the program (I did, he didn't). Then we started talking more, skyping at night while I was doing my homework. My then boyfriend didn't really give a shit about me so the ''friend'' started keeping me company at school, taking me for coffee to cheer me up and stuff. Then one night, he kind of broke down on skype, being really sad about his situation, saying he didn't feel needed/felt like he had no purpose, that all his friends were only there when they needed their car fixed or to borrow something but he needed to talk and he didn't have anyone. We both started reminiscing about elementary/high school when having a best friend meant something... We agreed that night that we would become each other's best friend.

Fast forward a couple months, we had spent almost all our evenings studying together and talking on the phone. It felt super amazing. Funnily enough, I thought he was so awesome I kept trying to set him up with my friends, he seemed so lonely. One time, I was right in front of him and called one of my friends and started listing all his qualities in french, which he said he couldn't speak/understand. During that short call, I repeatedly gushed over the fact that he was handsome and funny and etc etc... I hang up and he says: ''So my glasses make me look serious?'' I wanted to die right there. A couple weeks later, he confessed he was in love with me, apologizing profusely. I go home, tell the then boyfriend what happened, he says we should sleep on it. I wake up in the morning and he sent him this stupid facebook message saying: I don't know how I feel about that but hey, if you think you can do a better job, she's yours.

That was it. Dumped his ass (and he spent a year trying to win me back saying I'd made a mistake.) and went with new guy. We've been together ever since and he proposed in April of this year. :D Woo!

RabbieWingz
Informer
Informer

Post by RabbieWingz »

^^^
Awwwh, your story is adorable! Congrats for the both of you! :D

wanderer
Debater
Debater

Post by wanderer »

^ That melted my heart aw

Elouise
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Elouise »

We met on OKCupid, surprisingly. I actually went on there just to fool around with people and ended up meeting my long term partner hahaha.

Jenkhim
Informer
Informer

Post by Jenkhim »

We met at a grocery store I used to work at. He would come to my line every single time even if my line was the longest. He would say things to me and I would barely respond. One day he wrote his number on a receipt and handed it to me in front of all the customers. The old couple behind him asked me many times if I would call him. One month later I did. Now it has been seven years.

vikez
Learner
Learner

Post by vikez »

I met him when we were in the 5th grade, then we changed high schools. After some time he sent me a message on Facebook and a huuuge chat started.

alymmm_
Talker
Talker

Post by alymmm_ »

We met in 2009 in our first year of High School, he sent me a message on Facebook saying that he liked me. At that time, my best friend liked him and she didn't have the best of luck with guys, and I wanted her to be happy so I let her "have him" (he's not an object to gain possession over, I just can't think of a better word). When he told me he liked me I simply replied with "okay". 2 years later we were in the same English class, and had the same best friend although we didn't hang out together much at all. We went out for our best friends birthday and starting getting a little crush on each other, being in the same English class and our teacher putting us right beside each other didn't hurt our relationship either, haha. We've been together even since and just got engaged last month :)

Tl;Dr: met in our first year of high school in 2009. Rejected him. Starting talking again until 2012 and have been together since, just got engaged last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatkaleighchick
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by thatkaleighchick »

We met in our junior year. We were from different schools but in the same Forensics class at the Skill Center. We got assigned to sit next to each other (and to be each other's new lab partners) around the time I broke up with my ex. We started texting each other outside of class and flirting in class and started dating a few weeks later. I like to joke around and say that our first date was dissecting a pig together haha. We are still going strong at five and a half years. :)

bluehawaii19
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bluehawaii19 »

I have been with my current boyfriend for over a year now. We met online and have visited each other in person many times since.

It has been an amazing relationship except that it's long distance (8 hours drive) and that I live in Canada and he is American so there's the whole limit of visiting the other person's country for so long (I've almost used up my 6 months this year) so we have to space out when we can visit each other. His job is very steady so he can only visit me for a few days at a time. I am extremely flexible so am able to visit for weeks at a time.

For our 1 year anniversary, we went to Maine because he knew I had been wanting to visit. I got to see the ocean for the first time and a lighthouse which was an amazing experience.

About four months into the relationship, we took our first vacation together and visited New Orleans which was a lot of fun.

I hate the long distance part of the relationship but feel incredibly blessed to have met my perfect other half. I honestly wasn't expecting it to happen (this is my first relationship ever and his as well) and it's been amazing so far.

Kamakazi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kamakazi »

My boyfriend (we'll call him Jon) and I met because my older sister (who is my absolute best friend) married his childhood best friend (we'll call him Bob). I was the maid of honor and he was the best man for their wedding. I actually fell down the church stairs the morning of the wedding and broke my foot but I had refused to go to the hospital until after the wedding. I was in so much pain and could hardly walk, so "Jon" carried me around all day while taking the wedding pictures so I wouldn't have to walk on my foot.

At the reception, I finally agreed to go to the ER to get my foot checked out. Luckily I only had to be in a walking cast, so I was able to go back to the reception for the rest of the night. When I got back I saw "Bob" sitting at a table having a very intense conversation with "Jon", when they noticed me they both got red in the face and stopped talking. A few minutes later while I was chatting with some of my sister's friends, "Jon" came and asked me to dance. We ended up dancing with only each other all night. At one point he had asked me for my number but I didn't give it to him (don't ask me why, I honestly don't know). So the next day I added him on Facebook thinking "what's the worst that can happen?" He accepted my friend request and sent me a message almost right away that said "So does this mean I get your number now? ;)"

We went on our first date a week after the wedding and have been inseparable for the past 3 years.

We talk about the day we met a lot; there was one point when we were in the church taking a picture with my whole family (which is huge, I have 5 sisters who are all married and have children). I made a joke about being the black sheep of the family because I'm the only one standing alone (this is a common joke with my family). "Jon" was telling me one day that after I had said that in the church all he could think was "Ooh pick me! Pick me!"

Very short and condensed version, but all the extra details would require a publishing deal or a cheesey movie script :P

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

We met at uni,we were at the same class and he kept asking me to go on a date but I'd say no because i was into another guy,after 6 months I said yes,he came to my house we watched a movie and then .... :chu: We've been 2 years together so far <3

Miss_Bluey
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Miss_Bluey »

He and I met through an app that really isn't a dating app. The app is called Whisper, if anyone cares lol. We started talking on there for a day before feeling comfortable enough to give him my phone number so we could text. Talked for about 2 more days over text before he asked me out on a date. Honestly, this was only like the 2nd date ever I've been on in my "adult out of high school" life, so I was incredibly nervous. The date went very well, although he ALMOST hit a bunny. Lol.

About a week from our 1st date, we decided to make it official. We have been together for 7 months and it's going amazingly.

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

aww cute!

Return to “Relationships”