Tsubaki
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Recent Purchases - Part 2

Post by Tsubaki »

More recent purchases:
- Dr Bronner's Castile Soap (Hemp and Tea Tree)
- NYX lip gloss x 2 (Nude Peach, Beige)
- Illamasqua Fatale Palette (It was 50% off when I got it, so I couldn't resist...)
- Sleek blushes (two for gifts, one for myself)
- 1x Essie nail polish
- 2 cans of Klorane dry shampoo

bits
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bits »

That Klorane dry shampoo is the truth. Wish it wasn't so pricey though
@zoella shove ya gingerbread cutter up ya arse xoxo

Nikon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nikon »

MAC Red lip bag! It's gorgeous and now I finally own Ruby Woo and it suits me perfectly! I'm pissed that the lipglass isn't a full size though and i wonder how much of the lip pencil is actually filled inside lol. Oh and the bag is super cheap quality, don't get the collection for the bag!

NBTD
Learner
Learner

Post by NBTD »

I got some thisworks stuff recently and been really loving them!

CherryCake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CherryCake »

I recently bought:

1. Herbal Essences Naked Volumizing Souffle.
I have really thick and curly hair and i've been wanting to try mousse lately but a lot of drugstore mousses that I've looked up have kind of iffy reviews. I bought this because it's supposed to be a lighter texture to mousse. I've tried it once and i sort of like it. Too early to tell. If anyone has any recommendations on curly care products, especially to hold volume and contain frizz, let me know.

2. Tresemme's Healthy Volume shampoo
Got a coupon for $3 off Tresemme hair care products. I've been using their Keratin care line so i decided to switch it up!

3. Loreal Infallible The Super Slim liquid eyeliner (felt tip)
I suck at eyeliner but i really like wearing it and i want to get better at it so i figured a felt tip would be perfect to practice with.

I'm also in the market for a new mascara. Been looking at some Loreal ones but there's just too many! If anyone has any recommendations, let me know!

bits
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bits »

CherryCake wrote:I recently bought:

I have really thick and curly hair and i've been wanting to try mousse lately but a lot of drugstore mousses that I've looked up have kind of iffy reviews. I bought this because it's supposed to be a lighter texture to mousse. I've tried it once and i sort of like it. Too early to tell. If anyone has any recommendations on curly care products, especially to hold volume and contain frizz, let me know.

Got a coupon for $3 off Tresemme hair care products. I've been using their Keratin care line so i decided to switch it up!

I suck at eyeliner but i really like wearing it and i want to get better at it so i figured a felt tip would be perfect to practice with.

I'm also in the market for a new mascara. Been looking at some Loreal ones but there's just too many! If anyone has any recommendations, let me know!
Herbal essences has another mousse that's not in the naked line which is my favorite drugstore mousse. I have fine wavy hair so it can get a little crunchy if I use too much but it really helps with hold and volume.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

Maybelline Color Vivids in Fuschia Flash. I've only recently realized how good pink lips look on me :D

CherryCake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CherryCake »

bits wrote:
CherryCake wrote:I recently bought:

Herbal essences has another mousse that's not in the naked line which is my favorite drugstore mousse. I have fine wavy hair so it can get a little crunchy if I use too much but it really helps with hold and volume.
Is it the Body Envy mousse that comes in a purple and orange can? I was deciding between that and this Naked souffle! Will give it a go once i've used up what i have now, thanks!

bits
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Recent Purchases - Part 2

Post by bits »

Okay I must have had a brain fart when I wrote that, sorry! The mousse I was thinking of isn't even herbal essences, it's garnier fructis! It's the curl construct mousse, it's great. Not sure how I mixed the two up ha...

peachesandcream
Talker
Talker

Post by peachesandcream »

Too Faced Everything Nice set - I absolutely love it! A lot of people are disappointed with this because there are a lot of repeat shades from last year, but I've never owned any Too Faced so I don't mind.
NYX Butter Lipstick in Hunk - this formula is really nice because your lips don't have to be perfectly moisturized in order to wear it, and I have very large lips so usually it's very noticeable.
NYX Cake Eyebrow Powder in Brunette - very pigmented!
Loreal True Match concealer crayon - love this stuff. Blends nicely and doesn't crease under the eyes.
Real Techniques Setting Brush - awesome for setting under eye concealer.
Sephora Smoke Machine smokey eyes brush set - awesome value for $40 - you get a carrying case, 5 brushes and a HUGE mascara. The brushes are really nice quality, which I'm happy about because you never really hear things about Sephora brushes.
Loreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation - the color match is really nice but it accentuates my dry patches, which I have a lot of because I'm on a new acne medication.

ValWinchester1990
Informer
Informer

Post by ValWinchester1990 »

Laura Mercier baked highlighter
Laura Mercier secret brightening powder
Estee Lauder bronzer goddess bronzer
Origins Night cream (repurchase. this stuff is holy grail status for me)

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

Nyx Wonder Pencil in Light
Wet n' Wild 903C "Just Peachy"

badbitchlikethis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by badbitchlikethis »

Sarah Chapman Ultimate Cleanse
Lush Lovely Jubilees (repurchase, love this stuff!)
Aurelia Revitalize and Brighten Eye Dew
Hourglass Dim Infusion Ambient Lighting Blush

VillageTravisty
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by VillageTravisty »

Didn't purchase for myself, but a friend recently got me the Marc Jacobs Sky-Liner Seven Piece Highliner Collection. Eyeliner is probably the one make-up product I can't live without and I'm very particular about quality, so this was a great surprise! Glides on smoothly, yet has great staying power. Love the jewel tones included in the set and great packaging as well.

It takes a village to raise a child, especially when the child's parents are two village idiots.

Mar2013
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mar2013 »

I got some stuff recently and by stuff I mean a lot of things haha
-lorac pro palette 2
-vice 3 palette
-stila foil eyeshadow in black vintage gold. Let's just say these are my favorite so far!
- nyx eyeliner in olive and one in platinum
- the rocket mascara
- the new Nars blush palette from sephora
- revlon color stay
- nyx soft lip cream in bonfire
- a new hair dryer (for my mom)
- butter London polishes in queen Vic & a gold glitter one. Can't remember the name
- simple face wipes the oil balancing ones
- a face wash that helps control oil from garnier.
-dry shampoo
- an IT cosmetics brush, it's the smudge brush, I love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

VeronicaSawyer wrote:Welp. I just went a little crazy with my birthday money, lol. May post some more things that I got later but my favorite purchase is 3 Witches liquid lipstick from Pretty Zombie Cosmetics:

(looks like this, courtesy of their Instagram)
Did you receive your order yet? I remember seeing your post here about them and I was just checking to see if they were gonna have any Black Friday deals and I guess a lot of people have been complaining that they're M.I.A. and people haven't been getting their orders and no replies from the Pretty Zombie people

VeronicaSawyer

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

hollaatmegurl wrote:
VeronicaSawyer wrote:Welp. I just went a little crazy with my birthday money, lol. May post some more things that I got later but my favorite purchase is 3 Witches liquid lipstick from Pretty Zombie Cosmetics:

Did you receive your order yet? I remember seeing your post here about them and I was just checking to see if they were gonna have any Black Friday deals and I guess a lot of people have been complaining that they're M.I.A. and people haven't been getting their orders and no replies from the Pretty Zombie people
I did get my order and I love both the lipsticks I got. They did take a really long time to ship though, with no updates from Pretty Zombie. I contacted them when it had passed the stated processing time and didn't get a response, but my order shipped not too long after that. Basically they have a great product but don't expect to get it anytime to close to when you order it, lol. I'd still much rather buy from them than Lime Crime though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

VeronicaSawyer wrote:
hollaatmegurl wrote:

I did get my order and I love both the lipsticks I got. They did take a really long time to ship though, with no updates from Pretty Zombie. I contacted them when it had passed the stated processing time and didn't get a response, but my order shipped not too long after that. Basically they have a great product but don't expect to get it anytime to close to when you order it, lol. I'd still much rather buy from them than Lime Crime though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh good, I thought of you immediately lol I was like "GOTTA SEE IF VERONICASAWYER GOT HER STUFF".

For my recent purchases I got a bunch of stuff from Meow with their 20% off coupon thingy. I've never ordered during a holiday sale and heard it takes forever but I'm hoping since I ordered right when I got the email on Tuesday or whenever it was that it'll be a lil speedier. Foundation, primer, cat glow powder and a brush so I am excited Image

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

So far...

Lorac Oil Free Wet/Dry Powder in Porcelain for 5 bucks on Hautelook

The Skindinavia setting spray for Oil Control plus a gift. With the coupon code 20off I was able to score a big ol' 8 oz. bottle + free shipping for 30 bucks. UD's De-slick is 30 but only 4 oz. Can't wait to bust this out when I go back to school! For oily skinned girls in hot climates this stuff is amazeballs.

Post by Guest »

I had some money left on a gift card i had to use before it expired, so i got the Maybelline Color Elixir in Raspberry Rhapsody and an Isadora Twist-Up Gloss stick in Fiery Fuchsia.

Super happy with the Isadora one, its such a beautiful pink color.
A bit disappointed with the Color Elixir to be honest...i thought it would be more pigmented than it was, as it went on a bit on the sheer side.
I didn't really get to research it either, as me and my mom were at the store and i quickly had to pick something out....i had heard good things about the Color Elixirs and i had wanted to try one for a while (makeup in Norway is expensive! One Color Elixir costs 139 NOK which is about 20 USD) . It is pretty, don't get me wrong, but i really wish (after seeing swatches online) that i had gotten Vision in Violet instead :roll:

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”