Michael Kay (Disney YouTuber)

Zephyrhills
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Michael Kay (Disney YouTuber)

Post by Zephyrhills »

Zero? Oooops. Just the word SO. Not zero.

katelynthern
Learner
Learner

Post by katelynthern »

It must be frigging nice for Michael to spend all his money on a 7 day cruise aka bore fest 2020. I wonder what the other guests on the cruise think of this 30 year old man and his brother (they probably don't think dave is his brother honestly) filming everything. It has to be way more noticeable when you are enclosed in a cruise ship than out in the parks. I just don't get how he thinks. He needs a vacation from his vacation of a life? Or this is the only way he can excuse himself from not doing vlogs for a week? Like dude if you need a break take a real break. Reset your life. What's the point of spending thousands of dollars on a one week cruise when you basically live in Disney World.

MsDemeanor
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by MsDemeanor »

I predict more cringeworthy costumes, character interactions and glamour shots for this cruise. I also predict no port excursions outside of Castaway Cay and plenty of long-winded sermons about the virtues of relaxing in the Rainforest Room.

MsDemeanor
Talker
Talker

Post by MsDemeanor »

katelynthern wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:24 am
It must be frigging nice for Michael to spend all his money on a 7 day cruise aka bore fest 2020. I wonder what the other guests on the cruise think of this 30 year old man and his brother (they probably don't think dave is his brother honestly) filming everything. It has to be way more noticeable when you are enclosed in a cruise ship than out in the parks. I just don't get how he thinks. He needs a vacation from his vacation of a life? Or this is the only way he can excuse himself from not doing vlogs for a week? Like dude if you need a break take a real break. Reset your life. What's the point of spending thousands of dollars on a one week cruise when you basically live in Disney World.
I also doubt that he will be spending all of his money on this cruise. You can use Disney gift cards to pay for the cruise and we know he receives those regularly. He is also supported on Patreon. I am sure that is how is able to fund a costly 7-day cruise and brand new computer.

craychel813
Informer
Informer

Post by craychel813 »

Zephyrhills wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:17 am
Zero they don’t visit with family over the holidays but spend thousands on a cruise. Disney is probably the costliest Nass market cruise line. So much for family first.
We snark but who else is so disappointed with how this move to Florida has turned out?
As for spending time with the Make A Wish family, I understand new YouTube rules may have prevented him from elaborating on the “hours” he said he spent with them, but not even one Instagram post? I call BS.
Deep down, I don't think anyone is as disappointed with the move as Michael himself. But he would NEVER admit that he destroyed the magic.

He keeps thanking and mentioning how Dave has "allowed" him to use his computer to edit while Michael's is delivered. Is it that big of a deal to use the other available computer in the house? Then says his vlogs might be delayed after the cruise as he waits to set up his new computer. Why wouldn't he keep using Dave's? Unless someone is packing and about to move out...

craychel813
Informer
Informer

Post by craychel813 »

MsDemeanor wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:29 am
I predict more cringeworthy costumes, character interactions and glamour shots for this cruise. I also predict no port excursions outside of Castaway Cay and plenty of long-winded sermons about the virtues of relaxing in the Rainforest Room.
Don't forget the hyperlapse videos of him and Dave soaking in the hot tub to show how ~*reLaXeD*~ they are, spending more time in the children's areas than adult-oriented areas, and them being underwhelmed by all of the food yet again. Magical!

Somethingsubscribe
Learner
Learner

Post by Somethingsubscribe »

I think the cruise was a Christmas gift from mommy since Dave will probably be packing up and leaving soon. She wanted her baby boys to have one last boring adventure together. My wife and I did the same route of the cruise in November and I can’t imagine not getting off the ship for days. Even when we didn’t have excursions booked we at least got off the ship and took pictures at the ports and saw a little bit of where we were at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zephyrhills
Informer
Informer

Post by Zephyrhills »

Maybe the cruise was a Christmas gift from mommy to get them out of her house, I still think she’s there in Florida. She Hass to be there with her car, otherwise how does David get to all these parks on his own? I guess he could Uber but why wouldn’t he tell us?
Other youtubers are transparent when they quit their jobs to only Vlog at Disney. Why won’t Michael tell us?

rebel
Informer
Informer

Post by rebel »

I decided to go back and watch his December 2018 Christmas Cruise vlogs, which I've never seen. I've only watched the first two but traveling with Michael must be so infuriating. It's him and his father on this cruise and Michael is always about 10 feet ahead of him, even as his dad slowly walks down the stairs.. Michael is blabbing away, leaving him in the dust.

Every meal so far is spent talking to the camera instead of the real life person in front of him. I know it's the editing and he must talk to his dad during the cuts but it's clear the camera always takes priority. At this point, I don't know if Michael would know how to function in life if he didn't have a camera to talk to.

lillybellis
Talker
Talker

Post by lillybellis »

Zephyrhills wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:59 am
Maybe the cruise was a Christmas gift from mommy to get them out of her house, I still think she’s there in Florida. She Hass to be there with her car, otherwise how does David get to all these parks on his own? I guess he could Uber but why wouldn’t he tell us?
Other youtubers are transparent when they quit their jobs to only Vlog at Disney. Why won’t Michael tell us?
If he has quit, I'm surprised he hasn't mentioned it. If YouTube/Patreon/viewer generosity were how I'd chosen to get my income, I'd let those people know it as soon as possible.

ziggy777
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ziggy777 »

He hasn’t mentioned his big new house that he bought either.

Perhaps he wants the image of this scrappy YouTuber who does this all in his free time to “bring the magic to youuuuu”

Wtc50e
Talker
Talker

Post by Wtc50e »

We DEMAND our homo erotic glamour shots

Zephyrhills
Informer
Informer

Post by Zephyrhills »

Wonder why he doesn’t purchase WiFi onboard? Maybe he has called in sick for the week to his imaginary job 😜

Zephyrhills
Informer
Informer

Post by Zephyrhills »

imagine they push kids out of the way to get front rows at those shows?

invadergrim
Talker
Talker

Post by invadergrim »

I can't wait to watch Michael reassure himself when the food is mediocre for a week straight

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

invadergrim wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:48 pm
I can't wait to watch Michael reassure himself when the food is mediocre for a week straight

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Why do I feel like views are going to go down even more with this trip? They were so over it last time, what would make this one better?

Besides maybe some not so great kids food themed to Star Wars...

mac
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mac »

Ahh, another cruise … which means watching him pound ice cream.

LadyPearl
Learner
Learner

Post by LadyPearl »

After watching today’s vlog, I have so many observations and thoughts. Didn’t David only visit the parks once during the family cruise back in 2013? With that cruise, he only visited the Springs and resorts. He never visited the theme parks. So why ask him what he missed about being a tourist at Disney? He has no real frame of reference for that. Does anyone else think there going to be too cold on this cruise? Castaway Cay might be too cold or the weather might delay their voyage. I wonder if they should have waited to take this cruise when the weather warms up. There is no rush for them and seems like a waste of money now. It’s weird hearing them talk about family and visiting the parks together knowing about the restraining order. Also, the lack of reference to their father now. They also speak about family way too much. I watch other vloggers, and family is rarely, if not at all mentioned. It’s pretty common to love your family and want to do stuff together.

TikiMeerkat
Informer
Informer

Post by TikiMeerkat »

I hate how excited I am for these cruise vlogs, but I can’t help it. They’re going to be trainwrecks and I am HERE. FOR. IT.

Hot takes, pre-cruise:

1. In the announcement video, Michael said he’s not sticking to his diet on the cruise. Just one more excuse in a long list of excuses. Wonder what it will be once he gets back?

2. In David’s pre-cruise livestream people kept asking if they planned to use the gym or get off the ship and he kept saying “we’ll see what we can do.” Like... those are things he can easily decide to do, and I think dancing around those questions proves how difficult it must be to convince Michael to do anything. Also, he always has super awkward, overly formal sentence structure so that might be the reason, but at one point someone asked about Michelle and he said “hopefully we’ll see Michelle again” and it was a really strange way to phrase that.

3. If we don’t get an unintentionally erotic photo involving David in a Chewbacca onesie, I will riot.

Zephyrhills
Informer
Informer

Post by Zephyrhills »

Would love to hear how they choose to disconnect while on the cruise. They have an older Dad, an elderly Grandmother if I remember correctly, surely they should keep in touch.
New computer, expensive cruise, specialty dining planned, what a life.

Return to “Michael Kay”